Author Topic: Bam got a DUI  (Read 23108 times)

Joclo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 19
  • Just wiggin out
Re: Bam got a DUI
« Reply #150 on: January 16, 2018, 03:28:31 AM »
Expand Quote
See, this is perfect example of different approaches in AA. In my opinion, the steps are most important. But again, do whatever works for you. There are tons of people who never did the steps and tons who did. Find what works for you.

In a cult, there is only one way, the way, to do things. In AA nobody gives a shit. Wanna donate? Fine. Don't want to? Fine. Work the steps? Sure. Combine with other forms of treatment? Go ahead. Relaps? Come back and try again. My group allows drunk people to attend, they are asked to listen. Go to meetings every day or don't show up at all, nobody cares.

People bashing AA are not posting any ground breaking studies, they fail to understand the structure and how it really works. Kind of like the people who bash yoga, they have no clue.
[close]

aa is nothing more than denial group therapy for narcissists and their victims. it has nothing to do with substance abuse, its causes or cures.

on its own its harmless but in a youth culture that glorifies drinking and drugs  (like skateboarding) it's so harmful because it presents itself as the only answer and creates the dichotomy of "us or them".

if you took the second "A" more seriously you dipshits would stick to your bible group and shut the fuck up. you are toxic, terrible people who never stood a chance anyway. do us all a favor: relapse and od.

I was dealing with a serious addiction and desperately wanted to clean up. Theres nothing wrong with utilizing everything out there to get off the shit. I thought/still do think some of its corny, I am still an atheist, and I take from it what benefits me and I leave the rest. It's certainly not my life, but 400 milligrams of oxy a day isn't either. What the fuck do you know about addiction to be talking that naive shit? Doesn't sound like you've played around in the paint too long anyway.

Honestly, you remind me of people in my small town who are racist because they don't understand other races and have never been around them. Try not to fear your naivete so much. It's tacky.

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #151 on: January 16, 2018, 04:20:42 AM »
You guys really fucked this thread up woth all this talked of AA. We should be talking about FDR and Jump off a Building
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #152 on: January 16, 2018, 04:53:03 AM »
You guys really fucked this thread up woth all this talked of AA. We should be talking about FDR and Jump off a Building

My Top 5 video of all time. Welcome to Hell is awesome, but I have a sweet spot in my heart for JOAB. Bams part in there was pretty insane. I also like how rough the video is.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2208
« Reply #153 on: January 16, 2018, 06:23:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

My Top 5 video of all time. Welcome to Hell is awesome, but I have a sweet spot in my heart for JOAB. Bams part in there was pretty insane. I also like how rough the video is.
Jump off a building never ends,it's so good!

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

calvinsdream

« Reply #154 on: January 16, 2018, 02:30:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Hahaha I'm white dude. I don't believe the white privilege theory I think each race has different advantages and disadvantages some more than others but it's dependent on your locality. Generalizers. Jeeze. Stop getting so bent out of shape over opinions lol.

I'm not saying there is a conspiracy I'm saying I wish america would provide access to other options. Is that bad? Controlled use is possible to achieve for some people others not and others it's just substance dependent.

What logic are you talking about? You keep asking what do I expect and it's just more available methods lol.

Also I'm in sociology to help people something that you're talking about AA doing that is so good... Wild bro.
[close]

Not a theory. 

You jump in here with all that massive "knowledge" only to say that you never stated anything. Things are usually said within a context and your arrogance could be seen from your first post.

I seldom kook people, be one of my rare casualities, gender study major boy.

PS. Thank your for helping all of us.
[close]

It's a concept under different theories it's more part of different theories than it's own.

You're just reading things your own way. Tip toeing over everything I said repeatedly doesn't make your statements look like much.

Lol. Get me bro I'm ready for it go on and be such a bad meanie to me I'm afwaid.

Sociology is so bad. Choosing a career path in hopes to help juvenile deliquents gawd dayum. Fuck em!

At least finish the sociology degree before you pat yourself on the back so hard

mattdookie

• Rep: -1
« Reply #155 on: January 16, 2018, 03:16:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Hahaha I'm white dude. I don't believe the white privilege theory I think each race has different advantages and disadvantages some more than others but it's dependent on your locality. Generalizers. Jeeze. Stop getting so bent out of shape over opinions lol.

I'm not saying there is a conspiracy I'm saying I wish america would provide access to other options. Is that bad? Controlled use is possible to achieve for some people others not and others it's just substance dependent.

What logic are you talking about? You keep asking what do I expect and it's just more available methods lol.

Also I'm in sociology to help people something that you're talking about AA doing that is so good... Wild bro.
[close]

Not a theory. 

You jump in here with all that massive "knowledge" only to say that you never stated anything. Things are usually said within a context and your arrogance could be seen from your first post.

I seldom kook people, be one of my rare casualities, gender study major boy.

PS. Thank your for helping all of us.
[close]

It's a concept under different theories it's more part of different theories than it's own.

You're just reading things your own way. Tip toeing over everything I said repeatedly doesn't make your statements look like much.

Lol. Get me bro I'm ready for it go on and be such a bad meanie to me I'm afwaid.

Sociology is so bad. Choosing a career path in hopes to help juvenile deliquents gawd dayum. Fuck em!
[close]

At least finish the sociology degree before you pat yourself on the back so hard
Not patting myself on the back at all. Just a goal ya goof.

stophatin

• Rep: -35
« Reply #156 on: January 16, 2018, 04:25:12 PM »
DUI and AA has nothing to do with skateboarding, college degrees, opiate addictions, religion, race, etc

Take it easy.   Post all your convictions within the last 10 years before you speak advice

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3329
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #157 on: January 16, 2018, 04:27:17 PM »
DUI and AA has nothing to do with skateboarding, college degrees, opiate addictions, religion, race, etc

Take it easy.   Post all your convictions within the last 10 years before you speak advice

All my convictions took place longer than 10 years ago but I'm unsure about whether this makes my advice more or less sage.

bawtawd5

• Rep: 134
« Reply #158 on: January 16, 2018, 04:31:30 PM »
I wish I could get AA to come skate my DUI spot.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #159 on: January 16, 2018, 04:40:01 PM »
I wish I could get AA to come skate my DUI spot.

I can't quit you

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 121
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #160 on: January 16, 2018, 04:44:14 PM »
you are toxic, terrible people who never stood a chance anyway. do us all a favor: relapse and od.
fucking hell, are you sXe or something?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #161 on: January 16, 2018, 04:50:36 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

All my convictions took place longer than 10 years ago but I'm unsure about whether this makes my advice more or less sage.

My convictions were just under your limit and I was put into a mental hospital because of it. So everyone listen to me

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #162 on: January 16, 2018, 05:24:42 PM »
Expand Quote
you are toxic, terrible people who never stood a chance anyway. do us all a favor: relapse and od.
[close]

Is this how the kids are writing sexy now? Pretty cool!

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 121
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #163 on: January 16, 2018, 05:52:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 519
« Reply #164 on: January 16, 2018, 07:04:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

He was trying to be edgy in a different way.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 104
« Reply #165 on: January 17, 2018, 08:53:37 AM »
Kind of sad to see companies like Element, Vice, and eS trying to quickly profit off Bam and his "comeback" when it was clear to many viewers he was not sober in the same way someone like AVE or Reynolds is.

Well no shit, they've been sober for years. Obviously Bam wasn't at that point.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #166 on: January 17, 2018, 09:00:39 AM »
I think Bam is years away from total sobriety,he's playing catch up with growning up, and still trying to not be a chunky boy. Rooting for him,but doubt we'll see anything new or amazing footage wise.

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1211
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #167 on: January 17, 2018, 09:08:43 AM »
"He's Bam Margera, what will he do next?"

"I am going to drive under the influence of alcohol."

CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #168 on: January 17, 2018, 09:10:48 AM »
I think Bam is years away from total sobriety,he's playing catch up with growning up, and still trying to not be a chunky boy. Rooting for him,but doubt we'll see anything new or amazing footage wise.

Oh man, sobriety and skinny just DO NOT go together. I gained 75 lbs in one year when I cleaned up my act. Granted, all I ate was meth and Fruity Pebbles for a few years before, so that had a lot to do with it, but still.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #169 on: January 17, 2018, 10:06:23 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Oh man, sobriety and skinny just DO NOT go together. I gained 75 lbs in one year when I cleaned up my act. Granted, all I ate was meth and Fruity Pebbles for a few years before, so that had a lot to do with it, but still.

I gained some sick fucking gains.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #170 on: January 17, 2018, 10:20:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I gained some sick fucking gains.
Creatinine shakes bruh

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #171 on: January 17, 2018, 10:42:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Wow. Haven't heard that song since like 1991. I almost got beat up by some sXe crew guys in 1993 at a Slapshot show for putting x's on my hands and toasting the band with my beer every time they said "straight edge - in your face!". I still think it's funny. Those guys are nerds. I liked some of those bands but still laugh at them.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
« Reply #172 on: January 18, 2018, 08:12:53 AM »

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #173 on: January 18, 2018, 09:08:57 AM »

Well... Even though I got sober with the help of AA, I can still say that there are other methods that work. No need to advertise. Actually kind of goes against one of our traditions. Bur fuck it, I understand what he means.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #174 on: January 18, 2018, 11:38:47 AM »
Every time I see Steve-O talk after getting sober it’s kind of shocking how well spoken he comes off as being, at least on something like this.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

stophatin

« Reply #175 on: January 18, 2018, 12:15:45 PM »
Every time I see Steve-O talk after getting sober it’s kind of shocking how well spoken he comes off as being, at least on something like this.

Well-spoken?  He speaks like an NFL player in a post game interview.  Ton of money & no education - i'm not hating,  I would talk the same way (if not worse) had I made millions by age 30,  inserting "ya know, ya know" in between all my deepest thoughts.

Steve-o made his living off performing drunk shenanigans,  and now stands on a pedestal,   dragging his coworker through the mud in a parking lot interview.... that sucks.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #176 on: January 18, 2018, 12:40:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Well-spoken?  He speaks like an NFL player in a post game interview.  Ton of money & no education - i'm not hating,  I would talk the same way (if not worse) had I made millions by age 30,  inserting "ya know, ya know" in between all my deepest thoughts.

Steve-o made his living off performing drunk shenanigans,  and now stands on a pedestal,   dragging his coworker through the mud in a parking lot interview.... that sucks.

I didn't really get that reaction that he was talking down on Bam. He was just kind of saying in general what Bam and other people like Bam in the same situation need to do

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #177 on: January 18, 2018, 01:02:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

He was asked a question by TMZ, he's hardly "standing on a pedestal, dragging his coworker through the mud".

Maybe you should......STOPHATIN?
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

stophatin

« Reply #178 on: January 18, 2018, 01:43:55 PM »
He was asked a question by TMZ, he's hardly "standing on a pedestal, dragging his coworker through the mud".

How would you feel if one of your buddies was on prime time TV discussing your life problems to a complete stranger,  for the entire world to see?

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #179 on: January 18, 2018, 01:55:01 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

How would you feel if one of your buddies was on prime time TV discussing your life problems to a complete stranger,  for the entire world to see?

Bam's alcohol problems are WELL documented, as is the DUI he just got, as well as the fact that stuff has been posted on social media with him checking into rehab with Johnny Schilleriff from Element.  All Steve-O did was basically "wish him the best" and tried to explain what HE does to keep HIMSELF sober.  It's not like he said "well, maybe if he wasn't drinking and driving and doing blow or pills he wouldn't be in the position that he's in"  But he never came close to that tone.
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---