Author Topic: Alex Olson | The Nine Club With Chris Roberts - Episode 81  (Read 19514 times)

Swithflip

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Alex Olson | The Nine Club With Chris Roberts - Episode 81
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2018, 05:49:54 AM »
kinda weird how mike mo is kinda irrelevant now and AO is very relevant

Yeap, A ton of full parts and no bullshit about his style, fashion and FA association.

If Mike Mo was doing 3 tricks in every edit, he was pretty relevant too.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2018, 09:14:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeap, A ton of full parts and no bullshit about his style, fashion and FA association.

I thought AO's Cherry part was solid

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2018, 09:34:48 AM »
Since the  917 video was my surprise hit of 2017, I think AO is genuine enough, and I enjoyed this episode thoroughly - my only criticism is that he should shave that cave man beard, that thing is disgusting.

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2018, 10:18:35 AM »
AO is a role model. Awesome episode !

Berky

• Rep: -19
« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2018, 10:32:04 AM »
Anyone have a picture of his actual pro model?

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 92
« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2018, 10:36:06 AM »
The bit where someone is asking him about the Berrics I was waiting for "No not never you should too" .. slightly disappointed!

That was such a good episode. I love AO and I love 917. The company is laid back and definitely doing things their own way.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2225
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2018, 11:07:57 AM »
Just finished the episode and loved it. I've always been an AO fan and never understood the hate on him. Great skater with tons of power and style. The worst things you could say about him is he quit a bunch of companies, and that he's kinda awkward. But let's be honest, in retrospect, every company decision he's made has turned out really well for him. And the awkward thing I like. He's a skater. I'd rather see someone fumble and be funny than have a canned bullshit response for cameras. Plus he doesn't hold back.

However, swooning aside, the bit about his board graphics was rather embarrassing to me as someone who buys his brand for our shop and thinks the graphics are fucking terrible.

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2018, 11:18:14 AM »
Just finished the episode and loved it. I've always been an AO fan and never understood the hate on him. Great skater with tons of power and style. The worst things you could say about him is he quit a bunch of companies, and that he's kinda awkward. But let's be honest, in retrospect, every company decision he's made has turned out really well for him. And the awkward thing I like. He's a skater. I'd rather see someone fumble and be funny than have a canned bullshit response for cameras. Plus he doesn't hold back.

However, swooning aside, the bit about his board graphics was rather embarrassing to me as someone who buys his brand for our shop and thinks the graphics are fucking terrible.

It kind of seems like he doesn't stay interested in things very long, which makes me wonder if 917 will last. When I finally saw the 917 stuff in a shop I was surprised it looked so budget. He's lucky a skate brand is such a simple business to run. That being said, they might survive if he can hold onto Max and Cyrus. Those 3 are the only skaters I even remember from the video.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2018, 11:20:45 AM »
Really enjoyed this one. He was always my favorite of the emerging Girl/Lakai ams that he was coming up with. Always sorta took him for a "cool guy" but through this and the Bunt he seems very self aware. Seems like most of his decisions to leave various companies worked out well for him too.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2018, 11:22:32 AM »
i agree that his lack of interest in things long term is a bit of a bummer. hes a super lucky guy too. it seems like just a matter of time before hes totally over skateboarding. kind of makes his stuff cooler though.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2018, 11:23:52 AM »
I wish he had that long term vision so he could whip up a like Wet Willy character of some kind

full of jerks

• Rep: -33
« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2018, 11:26:55 AM »
Rad Olson picture

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2018, 11:27:10 AM »
I enjoyed this, and i enjoyed his bunt episode. I wasn't into him at all before these interviews, and afterwards it helped me put his situation into perspective. Growing up with a broke ass pro skater for a dad isn't exactly  a blessing. He's funny as fuck, self aware, able to voice his opinions, even when they aren't popular and he rips.

How long until he's eating meat again over or under 18 months?

White Owl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2018, 11:35:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I never said anything about how much content he puts out. Just that he is more relevant than mike mo. When fully flared came out I would’ve guessed that later on mike mo would be the dude with a nike contract and his own company. It’s just a little funny. The same way it’s funny how pops part in fully flared is cooler now than when it came out

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2018, 11:37:21 AM »
I enjoyed this, and i enjoyed his bunt episode. I wasn't into him at all before these interviews, and afterwards it helped me put his situation into perspective. Growing up with a broke ass pro skater for a dad isn't exactly  a blessing. He's funny as fuck, self aware, able to voice his opinions, even when they aren't popular and he rips.
agreed.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2018, 11:39:08 AM »
I liked what he said about playing instruments because I thought it had a similar feeling to skating when I first started learning guitar in a sense that you have to struggle and practice just to get to be able to do something really simple and basic. Once you finally get some of those skills down, it's almost the same feeling of learning a new trick. You're able to do something you couldn't do before.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3314
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2018, 11:52:40 AM »
Rad Olson picture

I think it's so gnarly that this was a make.

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2018, 11:59:53 AM »
I wish he had that long term vision so he could whip up a like Wet Willy character of some kind

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1370
« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2018, 12:01:53 PM »
Was psyched for this episode, he always makes for a great interview.

He kind of mixed up the description of his first ad - it was actually Koston who was in and out of the kickflip sequence, not a dog. But there was a dog in the last frame, so that must've been what they photoshopped in since Koston was in the footage as well.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #80 on: January 23, 2018, 12:28:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I never said anything about how much content he puts out. Just that he is more relevant than mike mo. When fully flared came out I would’ve guessed that later on mike mo would be the dude with a nike contract and his own company. It’s just a little funny. The same way it’s funny how pops part in fully flared is cooler now than when it came out

Its pretty honest from you to compare a career of someone injured (even golf cart shit) with a dude about  ten years dont jump a stair with more than five steps.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #81 on: January 23, 2018, 12:35:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Perfect

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1208
« Reply #82 on: January 23, 2018, 12:45:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Its pretty honest from you to compare a career of someone injured (even golf cart shit) with a dude about  ten years dont jump a stair with more than five steps.

Every stair you can jump equates to one year of relevancy.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
« Reply #83 on: January 23, 2018, 12:49:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

how many stairs on the rail he did the Ollie over nosegrind tailgrab?

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #84 on: January 23, 2018, 01:07:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Paul Rodriguez
Elington
Reynolds
Koston
A lot of dudes are in 30 jumping and still revelant...Koston was in his 30s and landed that fakie tree in Macba.

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1208
« Reply #85 on: January 23, 2018, 01:12:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

how many stairs on the rail he did the Ollie over nosegrind tailgrab?

Hmm, it's only 8 so with Alex first coming into the spotlight in about 2006, it looks like he's about 4 years past his relevance.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1060
« Reply #86 on: January 23, 2018, 01:19:50 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/UCvCGIkQ1I/

I actually like these more than the OG Dylans, did they ever release them?

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
« Reply #87 on: January 23, 2018, 01:51:19 PM »

expired

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #88 on: January 23, 2018, 02:03:49 PM »
That was a great interview, seems like a lot better of a dude then I would have expected.
Also funny he describes the lead singer of cromags as one of the reasons he's vegan

shark tits

« Reply #89 on: January 23, 2018, 02:29:33 PM »
That was a great interview, seems like a lot better of a dude then I would have expected.
Also funny he describes the lead singer of cromags as one of the reasons he's vegan
know what's funny? that dude [harley flanagan] kinda got me inspired to get in shape too. he had an interview in vice about people who are always complaining and he goes 'you look at their diet and it's twinkies and soda and crap. and they never excercise'.
between that line and tracer mentioning 'beach bodies' got me into running a mile/100 pushups a day in winter. the snake and maybe some other pals do it too and it all goes back to that cro magnon man.