Author Topic: Reynolds in Adidas, Feelings?  (Read 32287 times)

Jared

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • Die Slow
Re: Reynolds in Adidas, Feelings?
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2018, 11:18:29 AM »
He's going to hoka one one to start their new line of lifestyle / skate shoes.
Broken ankles everywhere.

harrison ford invented the first car, in America

poowizard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2018, 11:47:25 AM »
*** mother hen here - there was an insta story today with ellington skating nikes. I ain't mad.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1959
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2018, 12:29:55 PM »
Kader's wearing Vans in Reynolds' Insta story today.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2018, 12:43:37 PM »
*** mother hen here - there was an insta story today with ellington skating nikes. I ain't mad.

imagine if he sprinkled his magic on a project ba type shoe.  i would buy a Project EE

Guy Ferrari

• Rep: 6
  • Welcome to Flavortown
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2018, 12:56:42 PM »
Make Emerica great again. Lock Reynolds feet up!

(sorry for making the joke, I fucking hate trump.)

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2018, 02:05:11 PM »
Kader on Vans too. See Kenny Anderson's story. And don't tell me he is just "chilling" in the skate highs he is clearly wearing.

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2018, 02:10:10 PM »
Emerica posting Reynolds like 2 hours ago.

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2018, 02:15:23 PM »
Those look kinda like the Busenitz Boosts.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2018, 05:10:09 PM »

The Boss of emerica would be the final nail in the coffin imho
having said that, dudes used to wear chillers all the time in 90s and no one even batted an eyelid.

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

SWPhillyFloater

• Rep: 63
« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2018, 05:14:43 PM »
Saw this photo yesterday and thought greco had all black cons on, hard to tell,

Kader is wearing sk8 his too somewhere on the internet

I saw that earlier, looks like Kader's time on Emerica was short lived.

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #70 on: January 28, 2018, 05:44:59 PM »
what kinda pussy wears "chillers"? jk, but i hope emerica stays.

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #71 on: January 28, 2018, 06:04:07 PM »
I don't give a shit what he wears or who he rides for, as long as he keeps skating. My association of him with a particular brand I'm nostalgic about because I bought their shit in the 90's doesn't mean much to me compared to seeing someone gifted on a skateboard more often. If he were on Adidas, we'd probably get more Reynolds coverage.
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #72 on: January 28, 2018, 06:14:50 PM »
If he were on Adidas, we'd probably get more Reynolds coverage.

Respectfully disagree - look how much coverage (assuming Instagram =/= coverage, since we're treated to Reynolds skating coverage almost daily if that were to be the case) we've gotten out of, say, Guy, Marc, Daewon and others in that similar age range since leaving a small company (Lakai, DVS, and possibly Emerica) to go to the swoosh or three stripes. If he were on Adidas, I believe we'd see the same amount of Reynolds coverage, if not less (due to the possibility of a much larger paycheck - literally "Money for Nothing" [Straits, 1985].

Also, has anyone thought/brought up the point that this (potential) move could be partially due to adidas recently backing Nora so damn heavily, and that he's mentioned several times that his daughter looks up to Nora so much ; and/or the fact that adidas has been pushing that girl power narrative so heavily in the last six months (more so than Emerica or any other shoe company, really*) and this speaks to him more now than in the past because he has a daughter that skates?

*I know Nike SB put Lacey Baker on, but they didn't give her an art show, colorway, produce a documentary on her or metaphorically suck her metaphorical dick the way that Adidas has Nora. We get it Adidas, you're such a progressive white knight. Stop tipping your fedora and keep on doing what you were doing.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Sanka Coffie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
  • The best push-cart driver in all of Jamaica
« Reply #73 on: January 28, 2018, 06:21:53 PM »
honestly who gives a fuck that a man pushing 40 wore comfy shoes?

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #74 on: January 28, 2018, 06:38:22 PM »
Expand Quote
If he were on Adidas, we'd probably get more Reynolds coverage.
[close]

Respectfully disagree - look how much coverage (assuming Instagram =/= coverage, since we're treated to Reynolds skating coverage almost daily if that were to be the case) we've gotten out of, say, Guy, Marc, Daewon and others in that similar age range since leaving a small company (Lakai, DVS, and possibly Emerica) to go to the swoosh or three stripes. If he were on Adidas, I believe we'd see the same amount of Reynolds coverage, if not less (due to the possibility of a much larger paycheck - literally "Money for Nothing" [Straits, 1985].

Also, has anyone thought/brought up the point that this (potential) move could be partially due to adidas recently backing Nora so damn heavily, and that he's mentioned several times that his daughter looks up to Nora so much ; and/or the fact that adidas has been pushing that girl power narrative so heavily in the last six months (more so than Emerica or any other shoe company, really*) and this speaks to him more now than in the past because he has a daughter that skates?

*I know Nike SB put Lacey Baker on, but they didn't give her an art show, colorway, produce a documentary on her or metaphorically suck her metaphorical dick the way that Adidas has Nora. We get it Adidas, you're such a progressive white knight. Stop tipping your fedora and keep on doing what you were doing.

That's true, I suppose it depends on the agreement they reach. If he signed a contract where he gets some random colorway every so often and that's it, then yeah we likely wouldn't see much. But if they give him a shoe, then we'd likely see all types of extra footage we otherwise wouldn't have gotten. The way I was thinking when I typed that was with him having a shoe, especially since his pro model shoes have pretty much carried Emerica since his first shoe dropped. That'd be incentive enough for any company he signs with to offer a shoe, it'd be on the same wave length as Nike offering Koston a shoe line.

You're right about Adidas deifying Nora though, it's a bit too extra for my tastes...
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2018, 06:46:24 PM »
honestly who gives a fuck that a man pushing 40 wore comfy shoes?

fucking everyone dude what website are you on

GershonSweaty

• Rep: -3
    • @_moreinformation avatar image
« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2018, 05:10:18 AM »
I can’t be bothered reading through but is it out with the realms of possibility that both Reynolds and Kader maybe following Ellington to this Hours project ?

I mean aren’t Vans/Adidas the go to inbetween sponser shoe ?

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2018, 06:13:30 AM »
Maybe if Emerica is in trouble, the skaters in charge over at Sole Tech can pull the plug on another one of their own brands again?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1172
« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2018, 06:42:04 AM »
Maybe if Emerica is in trouble, the skaters in charge over at Sole Tech can pull the plug on another one of their own brands again?

no way would any company pull its own plug if the team were to say, be made of up Silas, Bobby Worrest, Rick McCrank, Rodrigo TX, Danny Garcia, Cale Nuske, Raymond Molinar, and PJ Ladd
hardly art, hardly starving

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1072
« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2018, 06:47:45 AM »
Emericas or any skate shoe is not comfortable compared to a running shoe. & the older you get the more you need some comfort. I figure that’s why he has them on.

Or not.

in an interview with.... someone at sole tech... they say that's exactly why they made the es accelite. Cause people would show up at the office in chillers from big sports co, or wear them to dinner with their family and post a photo, then the internet freaks out.

chipped tail

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
« Reply #80 on: January 29, 2018, 07:38:58 AM »
Reynolds will be on emerica for this year at least. im friends with my local shop and asked them if they know anything. they said that emerica has prebooked reynolds shoes through back to school. so mid-late summer a bunch of new colors of his shoes will drop. no new styles. that could possibly be the last batch and would give soletech around 6 months to sell them before he splits for HQURS or Adidas. unless he pulls a marc and bounces early.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #81 on: January 29, 2018, 08:23:55 AM »

Little Debbie

« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2018, 08:29:26 AM »
dude my world is quickly unravelling. first Herman is off, now it looks like all of Emerica might be in trouble. yikes. the company was so influential to me growing up...

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2018, 08:51:21 AM »
The day Reynolds leaves Emerica is the day the world stops turning

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

WarmUpZone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 463
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
« Reply #84 on: January 29, 2018, 09:10:26 AM »
When Sole Tech folds, with Lakai close behind (or maybe right in front), then the dystopian future Consolidated warned us about with those stickers will have fully come to fruition.

It's not just that every kid is wearing nothing but Nike, Adidas, and Vans on their feet, but that you see nothing but Nike and Adidas logos on every hat and sweatshirt in the skatepark. Nike might make a quality skateshoe, but their hat is no better at performing the function of a hat then a some other logo. Or, god forbid, no logo.

I'm thinking Sole Tech is held up mostly by Emerica, and Emerica has put a lot of eggs in the Reynolds basket.
I'm a huge fan of the eS Accel shoes and so stoked they brought them back. You best believe that I several boxes stashed in the closet like Elaine Benez with the Today Sponge for the inevitable day the whole thing collapses and I have no choice but to buy Nikes.
Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2018, 09:17:32 AM »
When Sole Tech folds, with Lakai close behind (or maybe right in front), then the dystopian future Consolidated warned us about with those stickers will have fully come to fruition.

It's not just that every kid is wearing nothing but Nike, Adidas, and Vans on their feet, but that you see nothing but Nike and Adidas logos on every hat and sweatshirt in the skatepark. Nike might make a quality skateshoe, but their hat is no better at performing the function of a hat then a some other logo. Or, god forbid, no logo.

I'm thinking Sole Tech is held up mostly by Emerica, and Emerica has put a lot of eggs in the Reynolds basket.
I'm a huge fan of the eS Accel shoes and so stoked they brought them back. You best believe that I several boxes stashed in the closet like Elaine Benez with the Today Sponge for the inevitable day the whole thing collapses and I have no choice but to buy Nikes.
I'm damn near certain Sole Tech is held up by etnies

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 884
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #86 on: January 29, 2018, 09:21:23 AM »
Reynolds will be on emerica for this year at least. im friends with my local shop and asked them if they know anything. they said that emerica has prebooked reynolds shoes through back to school. so mid-late summer a bunch of new colors of his shoes will drop. no new styles. that could possibly be the last batch and would give soletech around 6 months to sell them before he splits for HQURS or Adidas. unless he pulls a marc and bounces early.

If it's not a Euro TM I don't fucking believe you

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #87 on: January 29, 2018, 09:30:11 AM »
Remember 3:33 that almost happened? Is there a correlation between that and this "Hours" shirt Ellington was wearing? Reynolds maybe just leaving to start a skater owned shoe company? #splapgumshoes #carmensandiego 

chipped tail

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
« Reply #88 on: January 29, 2018, 10:23:48 AM »
Sole tech is for certain supported by etnies and the juggalos of the world. etnies has the largest shoe line of the three. every former juggalo, current juggalo, and future juggalo wears Etnies Faders. plus etnies makes size 15 Faders for the extra juggalos.

thats what i said, booty traps. euro TM = guy that runs my local = euro TM.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #89 on: January 29, 2018, 10:27:58 AM »
Sole tech is for certain supported by etnies and the juggalos of the world. etnies has the largest shoe line of the three. every former juggalo, current juggalo, and future juggalo wears Etnies Faders. plus etnies makes size 15 Faders for the extra juggalos.

thats what i said, booty traps. euro TM = guy that runs my local = euro TM.

so we good then. woop woop.