Author Topic: RIP Justin Betts  (Read 9770 times)

Changes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -220
  • #NeverForget
RIP Justin Betts
« on: January 29, 2018, 05:55:45 AM »
Was taken off life support over the weekend after being in a accident

If ur not familiar with Justin’s work check his Instagram, super clever guy

https://www.instagram.com/justin.e.betts

https://instagram.com/p/BYcFtyfnur7/

https://instagram.com/p/BWgjaQVgInp/
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 05:58:06 AM by Changes »

Salty Lame Ass Poosey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -265
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: RIP Justin Betts
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 06:04:18 AM »
Crazy sad RIP
Skateboarding don't owe you shit but wheel bite in the rain -Jake Pheps

Yu Dum

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 07:44:59 AM »
Holy shit. I just started following this guy’s work. Such a shame.
My condolences to his family and loved ones.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 08:44:14 AM »
Never heard of the guy before now but it's always a shame to hear something like this. What a talent, Ride in peace

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2202
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 08:46:17 AM »
Holy shit, I sold a pair of shoes to Justin before Christmas and they got lost in the mail, and just shipped back to me on Friday. I'm going to pick them up after work. Just talked to him on Friday about it too. Woah this is so crazy to read. What happened?!

Edit: Read on Facebook it was a motorcycle accident.

Hate to read shit like this. Life can be so fragile. Stay safe everyone and tell the people you love how you feel. :(
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 08:54:04 AM by Watson »

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3290
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2018, 08:46:59 AM »
Sad to read this.
Life sure is a crap shoot.
RIP

tboian

• Rep: 3
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2021, 09:09:21 AM »
Holy shit, I sold a pair of shoes to Justin before Christmas and they got lost in the mail, and just shipped back to me on Friday. I'm going to pick them up after work. Just talked to him on Friday about it too. Woah this is so crazy to read. What happened?!

Hate to read shit like this. Life can be so fragile. Stay safe everyone and tell the people you love how you feel. :(

I was there that night he passed, he didn't go alone. I've been searching for a couple years now just trying to find some sort of information on the two I saw. But the reason I'm commenting at all is for your edit.

Mr. Betts was driving along the cliffs at sunset with a lady on the back. Some guy with a family in a sedan decided to u-turn in the middle of a one lane. Not sure if Mr. Betts thought he was pulling off into the dirt to stop, but he clipped him as he turned. No fast driving, no road rage, not a bad apple in sight, just a beautiful evening that we were all enjoying.

I hate reading that shit too, and what was worse was the drivers lack of situational awareness. The woman on the back became stuck underneath the car, and the driver tried to complete his turn and pull off the road. Luckily she still had her helmet on, and it was stopping the tire from fully crushing her neck. It took about 8 of us to pick up the front and pull her out. When the driver asked me if there was a person under him, what to do, and if he should call the cops I about lost it.

Mr. Betts was cared for by all of us, but especially two young women, one of whom never let go of his hand. She kept talking to him and rubbing his back, letting him know we were there and that those sirens were coming.

Now I know, and thank you all for commenting, and sharing the same love and passion he did. I didn't know him, but I surely haven't stopped thinking about him. If anyone reading is kin to him - in those moments I think we all loved Justin, and we really wanted the best for him.

GoneWithTheSchwinn

• Mods
  • Rep: -9958
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2021, 09:53:35 AM »
RIP

BLACK LIVES MATTER
FUCK 12

"Watch out or the gazpacho police will get you!"

ramplocal

• Rep: 62
  • poser
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2021, 10:03:09 AM »
RIP, horrible, just horrible

PAtweeker

• Rep: 0
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2021, 07:02:52 PM »
Thinkin about ya dooder!

For the love of skateboarding!

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2021, 12:00:43 PM »
RIP
I never new him but Justin's art was so cool:
http://www.instagram.com/p/Bfj5pSMnBiw/

jen21

• Rep: 1
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2022, 08:38:29 AM »
I don't know how this message board works. I was also at the scene of that accident. I have always wanted to connect with others there. It really was a beautiful night before the accident happened. I google Justin's name from time-to-time and was surprised to come across your post. If you'd be willing to reach out, please do.

Expand Quote

[close]

I was there that night he passed, he didn't go alone. I've been searching for a couple years now just trying to find some sort of information on the two I saw. But the reason I'm commenting at all is for your edit.

Mr. Betts was driving along the cliffs at sunset with a lady on the back. Some guy with a family in a sedan decided to u-turn in the middle of a one lane. Not sure if Mr. Betts thought he was pulling off into the dirt to stop, but he clipped him as he turned. No fast driving, no road rage, not a bad apple in sight, just a beautiful evening that we were all enjoying.

I hate reading that shit too, and what was worse was the drivers lack of situational awareness. The woman on the back became stuck underneath the car, and the driver tried to complete his turn and pull off the road. Luckily she still had her helmet on, and it was stopping the tire from fully crushing her neck. It took about 8 of us to pick up the front and pull her out. When the driver asked me if there was a person under him, what to do, and if he should call the cops I about lost it.

Mr. Betts was cared for by all of us, but especially two young women, one of whom never let go of his hand. She kept talking to him and rubbing his back, letting him know we were there and that those sirens were coming.

Now I know, and thank you all for commenting, and sharing the same love and passion he did. I didn't know him, but I surely haven't stopped thinking about him. If anyone reading is kin to him - in those moments I think we all loved Justin, and we really wanted the best for him.