Author Topic: Jason Dill | The Nine Club With Chris Roberts - Episode 83  (Read 23921 times)

SOTY

Re: Jason Dill | The Nine Club With Chris Roberts - Episode 83
« Reply #120 on: February 08, 2018, 03:37:23 PM »

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
« Reply #121 on: February 08, 2018, 03:40:34 PM »
get a fucking swiss army knife or something.

Dudes were struggling at length to get the cellophane off a deck. Lil Silky Boys. I refuse to be intimidated by a guy who can't drive his own vehicle. Still this interview made him so much more...understandable?...between this and the bobshirt interviews. I'm kinda glad FA is winning, he does have a point about the good part of the graphic being under the truck ALWAYS

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #122 on: February 08, 2018, 04:50:03 PM »
If this is Dill sober, could you imagine him after smoking speed?

"sober", dude still smokes mad amount of weed no?
props to him lasting that on camera without posing with a cigarette tho #NBD

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

shark tits

« Reply #123 on: February 08, 2018, 05:01:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i'm kinda jealous of that unless some chicanery was involved. like maybe during one of the cuts from crob to rog was a 5 minute smoke break?
i' quit cigs i think 2 yrs ago but when i was smoking, no way could i go 150 minutes awake w/out one.
what if his whole 'andy warhol chainsmoker' persona is all affected? dill only smokes on camera.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #124 on: February 08, 2018, 05:20:43 PM »
Also quit smoking just over 2 years ago and I would’ve wanted a cigarette that entire time
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

verylowimpact

• Rep: -169
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #125 on: February 08, 2018, 07:45:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
When he was talking about how hard he works and how he does the work in his dreams. I thought dude your not alone, it's like anyone having any full time job. He said something along the lines of "I'm cutting and gluing, it's hard work". Cutting and gluing is not hard.
[close]

I understand your logic, however you are forgetting the owning/running a business part and that is huge.  Especially given that there are only 6 employees, I guarantee you that he has to work his ass off...and he has to be a creative director on top of all of that, which adds stress.  I work a full time job in addition to owning a business (of which most of the weight still falls on my business parter) and the 9 to 5 job feels like nothing by comparison.  You really can't compare working a job to running a company.
[close]

the old joke "i quit working 40 hours a week for someone else so that i could work 80 hours a week for myself" is pretty accurate.

it takes years to get a business from garage to sustainable and unless you are already wealthy like trump was then you are generally working your ass off. you end up having to do invoices, accounts receivable, reading contracts, sales, marketing, strategy\planning, management, recruiting and all that on top of production. that said, since i've started my company i find it's kind of like having kids, it's a shit load of work but rewarding and the kind of work you don't mind while working for others can feel more empty and more like a job.

You can't talk about his 'small' brand/business and forget about the Supreme and Odd future fucboi affiliation for something he claims he built from the ground up with no money or backing. This is not a typical small brand situation, even with that shitty name, it couldn't really fail.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2192
« Reply #126 on: February 08, 2018, 07:49:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
When he was talking about how hard he works and how he does the work in his dreams. I thought dude your not alone, it's like anyone having any full time job. He said something along the lines of "I'm cutting and gluing, it's hard work". Cutting and gluing is not hard.
[close]

I understand your logic, however you are forgetting the owning/running a business part and that is huge.  Especially given that there are only 6 employees, I guarantee you that he has to work his ass off...and he has to be a creative director on top of all of that, which adds stress.  I work a full time job in addition to owning a business (of which most of the weight still falls on my business parter) and the 9 to 5 job feels like nothing by comparison.  You really can't compare working a job to running a company.
[close]

the old joke "i quit working 40 hours a week for someone else so that i could work 80 hours a week for myself" is pretty accurate.

it takes years to get a business from garage to sustainable and unless you are already wealthy like trump was then you are generally working your ass off. you end up having to do invoices, accounts receivable, reading contracts, sales, marketing, strategy\planning, management, recruiting and all that on top of production. that said, since i've started my company i find it's kind of like having kids, it's a shit load of work but rewarding and the kind of work you don't mind while working for others can feel more empty and more like a job.
[close]

You can't talk about his 'small' brand/business and forget about the Supreme and Odd future fucboi affiliation for something he claims he built from the ground up with no money or backing. This is not a typical small brand situation, even with that shitty name, it couldn't really fail.
Any brand could fail,all it takes is people to not buy the product. He stated how tenacious he was making the  board brand what it is,and with that of course it could still have failed,even though it did the opposite.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Hairy Ballsagna

• Rep: 32
« Reply #127 on: February 08, 2018, 08:14:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

But would you be saying the same thing about 3D if it succeeded?

colt cannon lunchbox

• Rep: -92
« Reply #128 on: February 08, 2018, 08:29:53 PM »

I wish they mentioned something about him being in a video game

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #129 on: February 08, 2018, 09:21:09 PM »

I wish they mentioned something about him being a bam margera impersonator in a video game

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

expired

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #130 on: February 08, 2018, 09:48:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
i'm kinda jealous of that unless some chicanery was involved. like maybe during one of the cuts from crob to rog was a 5 minute smoke break?
i' quit cigs i think 2 yrs ago but when i was smoking, no way could i go 150 minutes awake w/out one.
what if his whole 'andy warhol chainsmoker' persona is all affected? dill only smokes on camera.
I smoke like 20-25 cigs a day and he must have had smoke breaks, he was smoking most of his bob shirt interview, they just don't let people smoke in the apartment id assume, only lil weezy

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #131 on: February 08, 2018, 11:18:54 PM »
Expand Quote
What board company is he specically talking about when he says it bites FA's style?
[close]
Wasn't there beef between the FA camp and Wknd dudes due to something along those lines ? That's my guess
Yeah, I thought it was WKND too. I highly doubt Dill would call out a company whose art direction is led/created by Gonz.

I'm surprised how good this one. Usually, I can't hear Dill talk for more than 10 minutes, but the stories he had on this was gold.

fangen

• Rep: -24
« Reply #132 on: February 08, 2018, 11:23:28 PM »
Pretty interesting to hear that he has secluded himself into his own safe space. Can't have your finger on the pulse for too long living that way. I fully expect him to come out at some point and latch his brand onto the anti pc wave though.

Fecal Fury

• Rep: 60
  • 1800-18-18-18
« Reply #133 on: February 09, 2018, 01:07:51 AM »
I keep waiting for stories about Dylan. from all of those close to him in recent years, yet he's barely been mentioned by any of the last bunch.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #134 on: February 09, 2018, 01:55:50 AM »
I keep waiting for stories about Dylan. from all of those close to him in recent years, yet he's barely been mentioned by any of the last bunch.
Its still fairly fresh (a bit more than a year). I can understand why certain people close to him don't really want to talk about it in-depth yet. Its also a topic that could get people going on for a long while and side-track the entire interview.

I found it interesting how much props he gave to Jeron. Not that it was undeserved, Jeron had to be the guy who spent the most undeserved time as an AM. Although, I understand why starting a new brand, Girl/Chocolate were reluctant giving guys the bump, which led to Jeron, Ferguson, Mulder and York being AM for awhile.

daewonbong3000

• Rep: 10
« Reply #135 on: February 09, 2018, 05:32:27 PM »
What exactly is this wknd beef?

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #136 on: February 09, 2018, 05:41:04 PM »
I miss Jimi Britches.  :'(

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #137 on: February 09, 2018, 08:49:30 PM »
What exactly is this wknd beef?
Biting graphic/brand aesthetic I guess,  this interview touches on it a bit
https://farrangolding.com/2015/10/30/working-life-wknd-skateboards-with-johan-stuckey/
I know Dill definitely hates WKND to the core. So much. He hates Grant and Raymond (Molinar) and that’s why it’s so funny that him and I get along because he hates what I ‘stand for’. Because he thinks that they’re completely biting… I mean whatever. Everyone’s entitled to their own opinion, fuck it. I guess it’s similar; we didn’t get the idea from that. Before FA even came out and we came up with WKND the first idea we had was to put these nineties girls on boards. I can say it’s not and people are going to take it for what it is but people have been putting pictures on boards forever. We came up with that thing two, three years ago, however long it was we were on that camping trip. Dill, he’s going to think what he wants to think but whatever, it’s no skin off my back. I like all those guys and they hate us.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2231
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #138 on: February 10, 2018, 09:00:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Ahaha if you've done the amount of drugs Dill has, then smoking weed and drinking Stellas is basically sober.

micky682

« Reply #139 on: February 10, 2018, 01:52:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Ahaha if you've done the amount of drugs Dill has, then smoking weed and drinking Stellas is basically sober.
I think he doesn't drink alcohol no more? Just smokes mad weed.

JumpManShorty

• Rep: -86
« Reply #140 on: February 10, 2018, 09:29:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
There is no way that Dill was dissing Keenans style by using the word swimming. It was more of a compliment than anything. He deflected a compliment for his own switch push by bringing up Keenans and using the word 'swimming' was just a way to exemplify that. It was a verbal way to animate Keenans smooth ass style.
[close]

Keenan drowned in a pool. That's what people are getting at
[close]

Keenan can't swim yo

sorry

• Rep: -14
« Reply #141 on: April 21, 2018, 02:42:32 PM »
I'm intrigued by what was he going to say at 2:00:15
He is talking about board making and he says "cause we use two different...nevermind"

Battery Aziz

• Rep: -1
« Reply #142 on: April 21, 2018, 03:16:31 PM »
I'm intrigued by what was he going to say at 2:00:15
He is talking about board making and he says "cause we use two different...nevermind"

Wood shops

Bareback and PS Stix mostly PS Stix

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
« Reply #143 on: April 21, 2018, 06:27:57 PM »
Could be the other way right now....

disintegration

• Rep: -114
« Reply #144 on: April 22, 2018, 02:18:43 AM »
What was the book he referenced? I can't remember at what point he talks about it.

Andy_Roys_Left_Nut

« Reply #145 on: April 22, 2018, 02:56:39 AM »
Love that video of him trying to sell his shitty etnies. Nothing worse than capitalism dressed as anarchy.

dogtown

• Rep: -3
« Reply #146 on: December 12, 2019, 11:53:18 PM »
he really breaksdown his life in vivid detail and really is honest and sincere about all of his experiences

no pretention

thank you jason dill

disintegration

• Rep: -114
« Reply #147 on: December 13, 2019, 10:03:21 AM »
What was the book he referenced? I can't remember at what point he talks about it.

I'll reply to myself.

It was 'Lies my teacher told me' by James W. Loewen.