Author Topic: Have we reached our cultural carrying capacity?  (Read 797 times)

pinkbananastatus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 10
Have we reached our cultural carrying capacity?
« on: April 01, 2018, 11:13:37 AM »
I just found out a very sick shop near me is going out of business at the end of May. This is the 2nd core shop around here that's shut it's doors in the past 6 months. The Vacation and Paisley have also both gone out of business in the past couple weeks. Is this it? Has skateboarding gotten too big to sustain itself anymore? Is this the start of another dry spell in skateboarding? Does it even matter?
I don't really understand what's going on and I haven't read this thread yet, but I can tell I'm angry.

givecigstosurfgroms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Have we reached our cultural carrying capacity?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2018, 11:26:35 AM »
I just found out a very sick shop near me is going out of business at the end of May. This is the 2nd core shop around here that's shut it's doors in the past 6 months. The Vacation and Paisley have also both gone out of business in the past couple weeks. Is this it? Has skateboarding gotten too big to sustain itself anymore? Is this the start of another dry spell in skateboarding? Does it even matter?
  I can think about this subject for about 15 seconds before I start wondering simply about the fate of the planet.  It just morfs into that for me.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

SOTY

Re: Have we reached our cultural carrying capacity?
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2018, 11:50:45 AM »
You seem alarmed that people like to shop on the Internet these days.