Author Topic: Madrid plans to ban skateboarding in the streets  (Read 3919 times)

Harambe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -11
Madrid plans to ban skateboarding in the streets
« on: February 13, 2018, 02:32:22 AM »
This is unreal. Madrid (Spain) is working on a plan to ban skateboarding in the streets. The main idea of the very first draft is to keep it as a sport in the parks.

I hate posting this kind of "help me plz" stuff, but this shit is serious.

Info: http://www.elpatin.com/el-ayuntamiento-de-madrid-prohibira-que-se-patine-en-la-calle/

Change.org: https://www.change.org/p/ayuntamiento-de-madrid-abolici%C3%B3n-de-la-nueva-ordenanza-de-movilidad-sostenible/w?source_location=psf_petitions

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 768
Re: Madrid plans to ban skateboarding in the streets
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 02:46:03 AM »
puta real visca el barca
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 737
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 02:53:58 AM »
That sucks for Madrid. What sucks more is when I saw your avatar. I thought Kindu was back, and now I'm extra bummed.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 02:54:11 AM »
Came here to discuss a 80s board brand planning to outlaw street skating as a way to recoup that vert dog loot.
Left feeling old.

Good luck with the fight. My home town of 100,000 people outlawed skating anywhere in 89', without building a park or anything. We just couldn't fight it at that time

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 02:54:34 AM »
This is unreal. Madrid (Spain) is working on a plan to ban skateboarding in the streets. The main idea of the very first draft is to keep it as a sport in the parks.

Info: http://www.elpatin.com/el-ayuntamiento-de-madrid-prohibira-que-se-patine-en-la-calle/

Change.org: https://www.change.org/p/ayuntamiento-de-madrid-abolici%C3%B3n-de-la-nueva-ordenanza-de-movilidad-sostenible/w?source_location=psf_petitions
First of all don't believe half what El Pais says. Those guys from Elpatin should get their shit together and go to the real source of the information (official data from el ayuntamiento) not El Pais. At this point El Pais is just a shitty propaganda tool from Ibex.

Second point, the topic of the skate is an open topic where every madrid citizen can speak and say what
he wants. It's called democracy, and Spain don't know shit about democracy.

here ----->  https://decide.madrid.es/debates/5016-pregunta-7-sobre-la-nueva-ordenanza-de-movilidad

shark tits

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 03:00:17 AM »
signed and shared on fb. good luck fellers!
shifty, you're from lancaster, pa right?
i spent a wk there once, sleeping in a park w/ a 5 stair [and a night in jail]. one of my favorite places, mini philly!

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 491
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 03:00:28 AM »
FUCK THAT BAN SHIT!

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2018, 03:06:37 AM »
Seriously, this is bullshit. Nobody is planning to ban skateboarding in Madrid.

Harambe

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2018, 03:07:37 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
First of all don't believe half what El Pais says. Those guys from Elpatin should get their shit together and go to the real source of the information (official data from el ayuntamiento) not El Pais. At this point El Pais is just a shitty propaganda tool from Ibex.

Second point, the topic of the skate is an open topic where every madrid citizen can speak and say what

here ----->  https://decide.madrid.es/debates/5016-pregunta-7-sobre-la-nueva-ordenanza-de-movilidad

You're so right about El Pais' shitty propaganda, but that doesn't turn anything they say into a lie (it was also posted by many other media). The official data from the Ayuntamiento says exactly what they point out: skating in the streets, sidewalks, bike lanes, etc will be forbidden.

The debate is open, but I've lived in Spain for my whole life and I know how this shit works. They usually don't give a fuck about what people say, which comes down to your last statement: Spain don't know shit about democracy.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 03:10:54 AM by Harambe »

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2018, 03:15:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

You're so right about El Pais' shitty propaganda, but that doesn't turn anything they say into a lie (it was also posted by many other media). The official data from the Ayuntamiento says exactly what they point out: skating in the streets, sidewalks, bike lanes, etc will be forbidden.

The debate is open, but I've lived in Spain for my whole life and I know how this shit works. They usually don't give a fuck about what people say, which comes down to your last statement: Spain don't know shit about democracy.
Can I see where you find out this? I've looking all over there web and can't find anything.

Harambe

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2018, 03:22:37 AM »
It was presented by the Ayuntamiento two days ago, here's the official link:

http://www.madrid.es/portales/munimadrid/es/Inicio/El-Ayuntamiento/Todas-las-noticias/La-futura-Ordenanza-de-Movilidad-Sostenible-primara-la-convivencia-vial?vgnextfmt=default&vgnextoid=9cde5847ef971610VgnVCM2000001f4a900aRCRD&vgnextchannel=e40362215c483510VgnVCM2000001f4a900aRCRD

Patines, monopatines y patinetes

Los monopatines solo tendrán uso deportivo y no podrán circular por calzadas, aceras, zonas peatonales y vías ciclistas, mientras que los patines y patinetes sin motor podrán ir por las aceras a ritmo de peatón y por los carriles por los que circulan las bicicletas.

As I said, that's exactly what El País and El Patín posted...   :-\

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2018, 03:26:23 AM »
It was presented by the Ayuntamiento two days ago, here's the official link:

http://www.madrid.es/portales/munimadrid/es/Inicio/El-Ayuntamiento/Todas-las-noticias/La-futura-Ordenanza-de-Movilidad-Sostenible-primara-la-convivencia-vial?vgnextfmt=default&vgnextoid=9cde5847ef971610VgnVCM2000001f4a900aRCRD&vgnextchannel=e40362215c483510VgnVCM2000001f4a900aRCRD

Patines, monopatines y patinetes

Los monopatines solo tendrán uso deportivo y no podrán circular por calzadas, aceras, zonas peatonales y vías ciclistas, mientras que los patines y patinetes sin motor podrán ir por las aceras a ritmo de peatón y por los carriles por los que circulan las bicicletas.

As I said, that's exactly what El País and El Patín posted...   :-\
Yes but this is the proposition, this is not the final document.
The thing is open to discussion here https://decide.madrid.es/debates/5016-pregunta-7-sobre-la-nueva-ordenanza-de-movilidad
By the way skating in the road has been banned since 2005 and you can see it had no effects.

Harambe

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2018, 03:33:43 AM »
So, we can now say Madrid plans to ban skateboarding in the streets, right?

I know we can do something about it, that's why I posted it here. My point was to make some noise so many people could help. Skating on the road is banned in many places since I don't even know when, but I think it's way better if that doesn't apply to sidewalks and so on. Regardless of the effects.

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2018, 05:02:04 AM »

I know we can do something about it, that's why I posted it here. My point was to make some noise so many people could help. Skating on the road is banned in many places since I don't even know when, but I think it's way better if that doesn't apply to sidewalks and so on. Regardless of the effects.

Firmado! I'm really jealous of the scene of Madrid, looks much healthier than the one we have in Barcelona.

It's crazy with that the most progressive mayoress in the history of Barcelona & Madrid are the ones trying to cut skateboarding...

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2018, 06:07:29 AM »
signed, sealed, hope it gets delivered
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2018, 08:36:06 AM »

Don't get me wrong, I'm with you. But I doubt it will go ahead, and even if such a ban is actually signed by the city, people will continue to skate the streets. The text is just a classical law and probably a copy paste from other cities, nobody is going out of their way to ban skateboarding.

What I mean is most cities already ban skateboarding from the streets, but it is de facto allowed. In San Sebastian for example, the ordenanza municipal actually bans skateboarding from the streets since 2006, same in Valencia since 2010 but people still skate without major issues (there is always a stupid cop here and there but you get the idea).

Also how will they treat the longboards and other stuff like surfing skate? is it a monopatin, a patin, a patinete?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2018, 08:48:24 AM »
Meh...tons of cities in the U.S. have skateboarding bans. Hasn't stopped shit. Most cops can't be bothered to write tickets for a person skating down the street.  Makes it easier for cops to bust you for skating a spot, but honestly, skateboard bans, while not ideal, aren't the end of skating in that city.
With that said, good luck preventing the ban from occurring.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

darkthrone

• Rep: 156
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2018, 12:40:57 PM »
Anyone else get those targeted ads on Youtube on Facebook that say "Come and skate in San Diego"?? Its like a whole marketing campaign for San Diego tourism, a city that skate stopped every single ledge down town including ones that are neck high. Seems odd, but at least they're encouraging skateboarding in some respects even if its just "Come and skate our parks".
I've been to Madrid, and had fun skating there, its a shame about that mentality. Barcelona were really cracking down on people skating in the early 2000's, loads of people I know got tickets, taken to jail, passports taken off them until they can bribe the cops with enough cash to get out. Seems like skaters were a target there for a while too, but it seems to have gone back to being cool to skate again.
Just think its funny the opposite attitudes of the two cities,  Madrid and San Diego.

ciaran

• Rep: 22
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2018, 01:01:03 PM »
Meh...tons of cities in the U.S. have skateboarding bans. Hasn't stopped shit. Most cops can't be bothered to write tickets for a person skating down the street.  Makes it easier for cops to bust you for skating a spot, but honestly, skateboard bans, while not ideal, aren't the end of skating in that city.
That's Murkka, land of the free and all that.  Where the police are free to be utter dicks to everybody and generally are.  Things are a hell of a lot mellower and more civilised in Europe, but you probably were doing your best to overlook that anyway.

stophatin

• Rep: -35
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2018, 01:01:54 PM »
Anyone else get those targeted ads on Youtube on Facebook that say "Come and skate in San Diego"?? Its like a whole marketing campaign for San Diego tourism, a city that skate stopped every single ledge down town including ones that are neck high. Seems odd, but at least they're encouraging skateboarding in some respects even if its just "Come and skate our parks".
I've been to Madrid, and had fun skating there, its a shame about that mentality. Barcelona were really cracking down on people skating in the early 2000's, loads of people I know got tickets, taken to jail, passports taken off them until they can bribe the cops with enough cash to get out. Seems like skaters were a target there for a while too, but it seems to have gone back to being cool to skate again.
Just think its funny the opposite attitudes of the two cities,  Madrid and San Diego.

I have not seen that,  but I live in San Diego and I imagine that ad campaign is targeted to only show in other states.   Cool to hear, though, I hope our skate tourism ramps up.

A new park just opened up in SD,   linda vista skate park.  Californias largest public skate park.   I haven't seen it yet but hear that it's great.

SonictheHedgehog

• Rep: -14
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2018, 01:04:47 PM »
I left my board at my hostel in Barcelona before going to Lisbon and Madrid. Real stupid decision. I mean I did get to skate the best place on earth but the other two seemed pretty damn good themselves.
wash uffize drive me to firenze

feedmeseymour

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2018, 03:57:11 PM »

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1172
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2018, 04:01:27 PM »
bummer.  one of my favorite Adidas edits is the Madrid one.  Suciu kickflip in the astroturf is a great moment.

hardly art, hardly starving

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2018, 04:52:03 PM »
Sucks for Madrid if true. I grew up in the Washington State capitol and just riding on a skateboard is illegal everywhere downtown. We still skated there for years and years and I've only gotten two tickets but it's not fun being so targeted even when you're just cruising to another spot. Street skating is generally illegal, whatever, dodge the cops and don't talk to them if you can help it
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 04:59:18 PM by Pappy Jones »

shark tits

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2018, 05:01:04 PM »
Really sucks for Madrid. Hope it doesn't happen somehow. I grew up in the Washington State capitol and just riding on a skateboard is illegal everywhere downtown. We still skated there for years and years, dodging cops. I've only gotten two tickets but it's not fun being so targeted even when you're just cruising to another spot.
usedta live there in 99-00 and again in maybe 07 or 08. never had an issue for that. usedta skate the maze too and just get kicked out if anything. boise has these signs all over downtown 'no ollies or bunnyhops'. or maybe it says '4 on the floor' but the sentiment is the same.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3329
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2018, 05:01:15 PM »
aye dios mio!

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2018, 01:00:05 AM »
bummer.  one of my favorite Adidas edits is the Madrid one.  Suciu kickflip in the astroturf is a great moment.

super good video but footage is almost 80% from Murcia.

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2018, 10:28:53 AM »
signed and shared on fb. good luck fellers!
shifty, you're from lancaster, pa right?
i spent a wk there once, sleeping in a park w/ a 5 stair [and a night in jail]. one of my favorite places, mini philly!

My hometown is 45 minutes away from Lancaster. The park wasn't there when I grew up. They're trying to build a new one right now. Parks and Wreck concerts to fundraise and meetings. With Pitcrew closed, I'm searching for a new local. Ignition is newish, and trying hard to be strong. Weird moving from Denver where there was 50+ skateparks in the city. Huge and small.

lalala

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 13
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2018, 11:55:44 AM »

gripping the dick like a church girl giving her first hand job
head of the dick gonna be purple like my uncles face when he hung himself

Noioso

• Rep: 90
  • "For me it's crazy like"
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2018, 04:43:57 PM »
It probably won't matter. These are all laws in SF and I personally have broken every one of these "laws" multiple times. The only time it mattered was when I got hit by a car while I was skating through a crosswalk (the driver had a red light) and the person's insurance company used (a) against me (I had to pay for her car  8)):

San Francisco City and County law

a) Prohibits skateboarding on any city street at any time, on any sidewalk in any business district at any time, and on any non-business district sidewalk commencing 30 minutes after sunset and ending 30 minutes before sunrise (Traffic Code, Section 100)

b) Prohibits skateboarding "in or about any public transit station (including an outdoor high-level boarding platform), streetcar, cable car, motor coach, trolley coach or other public transit vehicle, including, but not limited to, those stations or vehicles operated by the Bay Area Rapid Transit District" (Traffic Code, Section 128)

c) Prohibits skateboarding in Yerba Buena Gardens, the Japanese Tea Garden, the Arboretum, Conservatory Valley, where it is posted as prohibited, and in South Beach Park or Rincon Park unless otherwise permitted (Park Code Sections 3.05 and 11.02 and Port Code Sections 2.4 and 7.2).

d) Requires skateboarders at skating facilities owned or operated by the City and County to wear helmets, kneepads, and elbow pads (Park Code Section 4.17).
"So, you want to follow the nuge, get a good feeble, a nice ollie, an excellent lipside, maybe a tolerable down love and become known for your outstanding kick flip el toro? Become a regular visitor at our skate parks. Righteous."