Author Topic: Baker 4 last part ?  (Read 25682 times)

turtleboy86

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -14
Re: Baker 4 last part ?
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2018, 07:36:44 PM »

reality-    whoever has the most insane tricks will get last part. Baca might stun everyone because everything ive seen from him is insane. figgy as well.

Fantasy -antwaun going ghost on insta means hes back to filming a part as a return to Baker and gets last part. rolling away from his last trick with the baker font saying " welcome back twaun" id cry if that happend as im sure many would.

Salty Lame Ass Poosey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -265
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2018, 07:45:10 PM »
Last 10 minutes of the video is footage of Reynolds and J. Strickland sitting on a park bench making amends and feeding pidgeons. No fisheye.

Ha! Yes
Skateboarding don't owe you shit but wheel bite in the rain -Jake Pheps

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 270
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2018, 07:47:34 PM »
Hi, I was wondering yesterday, who with the current baker team would have the last part in Baker 4 ?
I don't really see anyone that as the status of a "last part guy" for baker that has been at the top for a long time.

All of the "old" guys ( Reynolds,Ellington,Dollin,Herman) aren't on the "last part of the video" level with current skating being crazy.

The new guys ( Dee, Cyril,Tfunk,Rowan ) do not feel like last part dudes neither,more like first part.At least not for a baker full lenght.

Then we have dudes like Theotis,Figgy,Riley, maybe one of them ?

What do you think ?

Well you’re at least right about Ellington considering he hasn’t been on Baker in a decade.

I don’t think you need to be around a long time to have last part and I don’t think you’ve been paying close attention if you think Riley, Rowan, and T-Funk aren’t last part worthy. I don’t know if it’s just me but for some reason I feel like Riley doesn’t get fully recognized for how good he is, feel like he’s often overlooked or maybe it’s the stigma of who Riley’s Dad is?
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

urdawg

• Rep: -9
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2018, 08:38:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Hi, I was wondering yesterday, who with the current baker team would have the last part in Baker 4 ?
I don't really see anyone that as the status of a "last part guy" for baker that has been at the top for a long time.

All of the "old" guys ( Reynolds,Ellington,Dollin,Herman) aren't on the "last part of the video" level with current skating being crazy.

The new guys ( Dee, Cyril,Tfunk,Rowan ) do not feel like last part dudes neither,more like first part.At least not for a baker full lenght.

Then we have dudes like Theotis,Figgy,Riley, maybe one of them ?

What do you think ?
[close]

Well you’re at least right about Ellington considering he hasn’t been on Baker in a decade.

I don’t think you need to be around a long time to have last part and I don’t think you’ve been paying close attention if you think Riley, Rowan, and T-Funk aren’t last part worthy. I don’t know if it’s just me but for some reason I feel like Riley doesn’t get fully recognized for how good he is, feel like he’s often overlooked or maybe it’s the stigma of who Riley’s Dad is?

I hate to say it because he's obviously super fucking talented, but his skating is just kind of boring to me. He skates like it's 2008 (rail, gap, ditch repeat) also bit of a tall-man style but not in as good a way like BA or gerwer

Toadfish Rebecchi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2018, 09:01:52 PM »
I don’t think she’s have four parts before.

What the fuck are you talking about?
[http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/ea8128aa83b711e383dc1219137b9e09_8.jpg]

vinn

• Rep: -2
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2018, 09:31:35 PM »
First : Zach Allen
Last : Herman, probably his final part ever

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2018, 09:39:06 PM »

soccer mom

• Rep: -17
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2018, 09:43:58 PM »
NUGE ( i wish ).... Nuge Baca shared part ala bake n destroy would be sick! First part, T Funk, Figgy or Rliey ender

hvx1000

• Rep: -4
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2018, 11:58:46 PM »
Figgy all day
I dunno about Money but the fun is boomin'

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 513
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2018, 12:15:19 AM »
y'all forgetting about our boy spanly  :'(

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 108
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2018, 12:48:52 AM »
I think it'll be a different vibe - TFunk and "older" Reynolds style are more in line with todays videos. Wouldn't surprise me if there were more shared parts. But Herman could be sitting on years of crazy footage and Figgy's Made part was insane.
First in to point out Ellington doesn't ride for Baker, you guys are slipping.

mick1shrdn

« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2018, 01:44:19 AM »
y'all forgetting about our boy spanly  :'(

Levin 'Spanly' Kong

meadowsoprano

« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2018, 02:07:36 AM »
Zach Allen, Figgy, Riley, Dee and Cyril all have that same quality that makes me not give a fuck about their skateboarding at all.

Cyril the most.

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -204
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2018, 04:04:31 AM »
First in to point out Ellington doesn't ride for Baker, you guys are slipping.

nah, Big Baby Jesus said that like five posts back

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 473
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2018, 04:40:26 AM »
Cyril, Rowan, or T-Funk in terms of peak form. Riley also has what it takes trick-wise, but I still sincerely hope it won't be him.
Herman per retirement.
Certainly not Reynolds, he didn't give himself last part in Baker 3 and won't start now.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2018, 06:42:46 AM »
Even 'low impact' reynolds is last part worthy.

Facts, but I’m sure Reynolds wouldn’t allow it.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2018, 06:43:44 AM »
I have no reason but I feel like Cyril is working on a banger. Not last but maybe first part.

ungzilla

« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2018, 06:55:36 AM »
it doesn't seem like baker really has anyone that can step up the game for, uh, modern hammer skating or whatever. no one on their team is gonna out-gap joslin or out-rail kyle walker, so they should just embrace the t-funk-flow-crushing of every shitty weird spot in existence. or herman epic retirement part, but that might be a pipe dream. realistically probably a bunch of moderately tech tricks on moderately big rails from figgy. and fucked up bank spots. maybe dee goes nuts and goes back to that street mega to one up the people that skated that spot after him.

OrangeVHStapes

• Rep: 85
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2018, 06:55:44 AM »
Can't believe it took someone till page 2 to tell that idiot Ellington isn't on Baker anymore... My vote is Figgy... Not saying he hasn't done enough but, in my wildest dreams Reynolds will drink enough coconut milk to reverse his age by at least eight years so he can go all out and film another Stay Gold-esk banger of a part, which would be curtains... Even tho he'd never give himself the last part...

Bumpovertrash

« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2018, 09:25:36 AM »
i would bet money on figgy having ender and getting soty finally

tura

• Rep: 45
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2018, 10:44:15 AM »
Wet dream: Bryan Herman, the 100% that his Stay Gold part was allegedly not. A Heath Stay Gold style exit - something as surprising and poetic as the mega ramp ender, but a 2018 version. Some kind of iconically executed tre flip or hardflip or nollie inward heel into a Sean Greene-esque hill bomb . . . or maybe a sk7mafia Stephen Lawyer/ Tiago Lopes abomination done with flick and class.
Now that I'm writing this, I realise how privileged I'd be to see another full-length Herman part. Dude's approaching Penny status in terms of elusiveness and quality control. I'm too young to know, but is this how it felt to look forward to new Penny footage in the late 90s/early 2000s?

Alternative: Dustin Dollin, full length part, all the makes he's secretly been hoarding during this three-year long failed suicide. Skating, of course, to Return to Innocence by Enigma.

All humility aside, I feel like Andrew Reynolds still has an ender-worthy part in him. Seems like the general consensus was that This Is Skateboarding was to be his last. But then there was Baker 3, then Stay Gold, to name the stand outs of his post-TIS output. Dude's been breaking precedents for nigh on two decades now. Is there really anything he could do to surprise us?

But yeah, it's prolly wishful thinking. Curtains will probably go to some kid I don't give a fuck about. This topic's just got me hyped on a Bryan Herman Andrew Reynolds retrospective though. Those fuckers never fuckin' stuttered. Flawless.

tura

• Rep: 45
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2018, 10:50:27 AM »

Can there be a better representation of skateboarding? I am currently on mescaline with two non-skaters, trying to define what makes 'good' skating, in the non-quantifiable sense - that indescribable quality. Bryan Reynolds perfectly illustrates the point I'm trying and failing to describe.

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2018, 10:52:49 AM »
Spanly has something to prove as the elder and after being given back his board, I can see him coming in hot with the opener and t-funk will end it

Also isn’t this thread like two years early? Depending how hard people pile till then, Dudes careers could be over by the time the video hits.

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2018, 10:59:03 AM »
Most interesting thread ive read in a while!! Fuck im stoked for this video.
Baker has the sickest team right now, they don't need a "modern hammer skater" to closeout the video, tfunk, rowan, baca, figgy, kader, riley, (herman), all have unique and interesting enough styles to closeout a video on par with their past videos and current ones from other teams. When's the video supposed to drop anyway?? spring 2019??

MC3

• Rep: 142
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2018, 11:12:54 AM »
Stella on Baker and her and Riley share a part
(Cool Trick GIF)

Tommy G

• Rep: -8
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2018, 01:28:33 PM »
I can see Herman having a retirement part if that really is going to happen. If he hasn't stacked that much footage before the video, most likely he'd have another shared part. Dee or Rowan are pretty good contenders since Dee's a gap killer and Rowan can kill most any terrain, who knows, they might have last and second to last. T-funk is the obvious choice, and considering Riley stacked so much footage for Lakai and had the starting part to Bake and Destroy, I feel like he'll have an important middle part depending on how much footage he obtains by then. Spanky I can see near the beginning of the video just like Stay Gold.

deathturd

• Rep: 88
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2018, 01:35:18 PM »
My money is on T-Funk

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2018, 01:55:40 PM »
I don't think this video is actually going to happen.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Stringer Bell

• Rep: 7
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2018, 02:21:45 PM »
Rowan most likely.

Or Dee with a undeniable cracker to silence the critics, or get them talking rather seeing as most people forget about him.

I don't see Herman doing any more than in Made, a shared part with the Boss could be nice.

Riley is unfortunately boring.

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2018, 02:25:21 PM »

reality-    whoever has the most insane tricks will get last part. Baca might stun everyone and have a trick because everything ive seen from him is insane. figgy as well.

Fixed.