Author Topic: Pants: let loose or cuffed up.  (Read 6035 times)

Bizarro Jerry

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 34
Re: Pants: let loose or cuffed up.
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2018, 07:31:33 PM »
How much do ya'll pay to hem your pants? I usually pay around 15 bucks to get a pair hemmed. It just feels dumb to buy 17 dollar wranglers/ 22 dollar dickies just to pay about the same just to hem then an inch and half when you can simply cuff them once or twice. Maybe I've been overpaying or people don't mind doubling the price of cheap ass pants just to get the fit precise.

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -60
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2018, 08:05:37 PM »
I used to always cuff twice but sometimes they come undone in weird way especially if its darker/raw denim.

Now the first thing I do when I get new pants is draw a line just at the bottom of my ankle with a sharpie and cut them.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 08:08:44 PM by Jud Nestorkins »

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -114
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2018, 04:46:55 AM »
How much do ya'll pay to hem your pants? I usually pay around 15 bucks to get a pair hemmed. It just feels dumb to buy 17 dollar wranglers/ 22 dollar dickies just to pay about the same just to hem then an inch and half when you can simply cuff them once or twice. Maybe I've been overpaying or people don't mind doubling the price of cheap ass pants just to get the fit precise.

It usually costs me 15.00 for two pairs of pants to get hemmed. There is a very grand Tailor in town and she does alterations for me all of the time. I'm in this weird category were the waist of my pants is usually too big, even when I order a size down. So I take them in and have her handle them. I recently went there to get two pairs hemmed quite short; she laughed when I showed her but said they'll be ready by Friday....

hey pickle

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2018, 05:09:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It usually costs me 15.00 for two pairs of pants to get hemmed. There is a very grand Tailor in town and she does alterations for me all of the time. I'm in this weird category were the waist of my pants is usually too big, even when I order a size down. So I take them in and have her handle them. I recently went there to get two pairs hemmed quite short; she laughed when I showed her but said they'll be ready by Friday....

'highwaters are so 2013' she laughs to herself

Diocletian

« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2018, 06:17:58 PM »
I’m a 29/30” inseam but order 32” length Dickies and do a three fold cuff. Just small ones, that way they look good and sit properly without dragging on the floor if I’m in my bare feet. No highwater territory whatsoever though. I’d feel goofy.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2018, 06:45:32 PM »
I’m a 29/30” inseam but order 32” length Dickies and do a three fold cuff. Just small ones, that way they look good and sit properly without dragging on the floor if I’m in my bare feet. No highwater territory whatsoever though. I’d feel goofy.

Yeah that seems to be the general agreed number, three folds about an inch high. barely feels any thicker than any other part of the pants

FS-OverKOOK

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2018, 08:47:32 AM »
no cuffs, early grabs, varial flips or no-complies(and if I wear a beanie, it covers my ears)

Thomas

• Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2018, 09:38:26 AM »
Highwaters because I wear pants that are so big that it would cover my entire shoes.

Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

Diocletian

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2018, 09:42:38 PM »
Anyone with experience using fabric scizzors on Dickies pants have any feedback if they start to fray a lot?