Author Topic: Ricky Oyola  (Read 7811 times)

funeral_tuxedo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1151
  • old and in the way
Re: Ricky Oyola
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2022, 06:38:40 PM »
Expand Quote
One time at Love (96-98) we were skating the top area and Ricky comes flying up the two from JFK Blvd with enough speed to Ollie the gap. Instead he Ollies over a tourist’s head that was sitting on the edge of the ledge by the three stair and just continues going towards the museum area (N Philly) about as fast as any human could go on a skateboard.
[close]
hahaha, I can imagine him doing that, doesn’t he straight up Ollie up a 6 or 7 stair in his EE3 part?

Speaking of his EE3 part doesn’t anyone know the backstory to when he is skating those underground tunnels and he Ollie of the handrail into that tight bank (Fred gall also had photos at this spot) and it looks like a tin can (?) hits him in the leg? I also wondered if he flipped the can up due to his speed, or whether some bum threw it at him and he was unphased by the whole thing … I’m hoping the later!

@Gray Imp Sausage Metal I know that exact moment you're talking about and I always thought it was a used napkin or wrapper caught in the underground wind tunnel or dude's momentum.
And yeah in EE3 he Ollies up a 6 stair in a line directly after jumping down a six set. So sick.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1055
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2022, 08:16:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
One time at Love (96-98) we were skating the top area and Ricky comes flying up the two from JFK Blvd with enough speed to Ollie the gap. Instead he Ollies over a tourist’s head that was sitting on the edge of the ledge by the three stair and just continues going towards the museum area (N Philly) about as fast as any human could go on a skateboard.
[close]
hahaha, I can imagine him doing that, doesn’t he straight up Ollie up a 6 or 7 stair in his EE3 part?

Speaking of his EE3 part doesn’t anyone know the backstory to when he is skating those underground tunnels and he Ollie of the handrail into that tight bank (Fred gall also had photos at this spot) and it looks like a tin can (?) hits him in the leg? I also wondered if he flipped the can up due to his speed, or whether some bum threw it at him and he was unphased by the whole thing … I’m hoping the later!
[close]

@Gray Imp Sausage Metal I know that exact moment you're talking about and I always thought it was a used napkin or wrapper caught in the underground wind tunnel or dude's momentum.
And yeah in EE3 he Ollies up a 6 stair in a line directly after jumping down a six set. So sick.
City Hall was six down five up. He does Ollie up the six but more impressive switch ollies up the five.

Ricky EE3 is the most important east coast video part possible of all time. I  got to learn pole jams on the same pole with the grate landing after watching this part. I didn’t even know what a pole jam was until watching this part. Ricky was his own genre of skating.

I’m glad I got to see him skate in person. He generated so much speed w/o pushing very hard. Maybe I don’t watch enough videos but I don’t think anyone could keep up with him. He was like a marathon runner.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 358
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2022, 06:48:13 AM »
One of my favorite skaters ever and a criminally underrated kickflipper.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

funeral_tuxedo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1151
  • old and in the way
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2022, 09:57:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
City Hall was six down five up. He does Ollie up the six but more impressive switch ollies up the five.

Ricky EE3 is the most important east coast video part possible of all time. I  got to learn pole jams on the same pole with the grate landing after watching this part. I didn’t even know what a pole jam was until watching this part. Ricky was his own genre of skating.

I’m glad I got to see him skate in person. He generated so much speed w/o pushing very hard. Maybe I don’t watch enough videos but I don’t think anyone could keep up with him. He was like a marathon runner.

@GardenSkater77 thats so fucking rad you got to learn polejams on one of the EE3 spots. One of the coolest things about that video for me was skating in Boston and finding the same spots Jahmal Williams and Donny Barley killed.