Author Topic: Taylor Nawrocki of Politic  (Read 21411 times)

oldgoodburger

Re: Taylor Nawrocki of Politic
« Reply #90 on: March 15, 2018, 09:23:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
love those prison labor boards
[close]

Wait what?
[close]
whats the problem with this, isnt prison supposed to help rehabilitate inmates? give them the skills to provide for them selves out of jail. ive never had any issue with south central decks.

poowizard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #91 on: March 15, 2018, 09:37:10 PM »
^^^^ every politic board that I've ever skated has been really sick. Last one was the "exhault the new god" deck. Maybe it was a Durante? Anyhow, whats this "prison labor" jibber?

ungzilla

« Reply #92 on: March 16, 2018, 05:26:26 AM »
i think it was a series of graphics but i'm not gonna spend any time trying to verify that assertion

professional

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #93 on: March 16, 2018, 07:34:49 AM »
^^^^ every politic board that I've ever skated has been really sick. Last one was the "exhault the new god" deck. Maybe it was a Durante? Anyhow, whats this "prison labor" jibber?

Politic uses South Central wood and South Central uses prison labour for their board manufacturing.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #94 on: March 16, 2018, 07:37:42 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Politic uses South Central wood and South Central uses prison labour for their board manufacturing.
Do you think there's something wrong with that?

CatchMyFADE

• Rep: 17
« Reply #95 on: March 16, 2018, 07:40:18 AM »

Sad Hippo

« Reply #96 on: March 16, 2018, 11:07:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Can we have some proof? But Yes, there is something wrong with that. I like Politic a lot, and whoever is running it, based on their graphics, I would think takes issue with using prison labor.  Unless they're faking the funk.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #97 on: March 16, 2018, 11:12:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
Can we have some proof? But Yes, there is something wrong with that. I like Politic a lot, and whoever is running it, based on their graphics, I would think takes issue with using prison labor.  Unless they're faking the funk.

ill rehash my post again.

"whats the problem with this, isnt prison supposed to help rehabilitate inmates? give them the skills to provide for them selves out of jail. ive never had any issue with south central decks."

poowizard

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #98 on: March 16, 2018, 11:24:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

"whats the problem with this, isnt prison supposed to help rehabilitate inmates? give them the skills to provide for them selves out of jail. ive never had any issue with south central decks."

Thats actually kind of sick. They should make all boards that way! Fuck yeah South Central if true.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #99 on: March 16, 2018, 12:06:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

Prison labor isn't designed to rehabilitate and does not rehabilitate. In fact, it is often assigned to prisoners in lieu of the only proven program that actually reduces recidivism, which is education. There is a 0% recidivism rate for prisoners who earn a masters degree in prison, but those assigned to these type of labor programs are often unable to participate in educational programs.
It is designed as a work around loophole to continue slave labor. The work tends to be repetitive and low skilled, giving the workers no marketable skills upon release. Its a way for both the prison and the company exploiting the labor to make more money at the expense of people forced to work for pennies an hour. The 14th amendment banned slave labor, except as a punishment for a crime- THAT is the reason it exists in prisons.

I want the products I buy to be made by a person fairly compensated and not forced into labor, because slavery is wrong, even as a punishment, as the state profiting off of punishment is inherently corrupt

Now its time for me to get on you and keep repeating the question until you answer it: Where THE FUCK did you get the idea that prison slave labor has anything to do with rehabilitation?
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #100 on: March 16, 2018, 12:41:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
Prison labor isn't designed to rehabilitate and does not rehabilitate. In fact, it is often assigned to prisoners in lieu of the only proven program that actually reduces recidivism, which is education. There is a 0% recidivism rate for prisoners who earn a masters degree in prison, but those assigned to these type of labor programs are often unable to participate in educational programs.
It is designed as a work around loophole to continue slave labor. The work tends to be repetitive and low skilled, giving the workers no marketable skills upon release. Its a way for both the prison and the company exploiting the labor to make more money at the expense of people forced to work for pennies an hour. The 14th amendment banned slave labor, except as a punishment for a crime- THAT is the reason it exists in prisons.

I want the products I buy to be made by a person fairly compensated and not forced into labor, because slavery is wrong, even as a punishment, as the state profiting off of punishment is inherently corrupt

Now its time for me to get on you and keep repeating the question until you answer it: Where THE FUCK did you get the idea that prison slave labor has anything to do with rehabilitation?

Grind King Rims

« Reply #101 on: March 16, 2018, 12:58:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

This is the kind of answer I was looking for.

Sad Hippo

« Reply #102 on: March 16, 2018, 01:09:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

This is the kind of answer I was looking for.
Yeah Reagan nailed it. You didn't ask why so I wasn't going to give it to you, since it seemed like you thought it was a good thing. Not trying to argue with anyone, since nobody has ever changed their mind on issues over the strength of an internet debate. Teletype threw me off too.

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #103 on: March 16, 2018, 01:35:38 PM »
SLAP is out here supporting prison slave labor now? Really? 😩

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #104 on: March 16, 2018, 03:07:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

im canadian, we have less people incarcerated and a more idealistic view towards rehabilitation. forgive my ignorance.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 03:12:04 PM by pointandclick »

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #105 on: March 16, 2018, 03:19:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

im canadian, we have less people incarcerated and a more idealistic view towards rehabilitation. forgive my ignorance.
Ignorance can be forgiven but not being Canadian.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3329
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #106 on: March 16, 2018, 05:12:48 PM »
Speaking of Canada, your PM is a stud.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #107 on: March 16, 2018, 05:16:37 PM »
the internet told me he was bad

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #108 on: March 16, 2018, 05:40:20 PM »
Speaking of Canada, your PM is a stud.

the internet told me he was bad

hes a bit of a bumbling idiot, trying very hard to live in the footsteps of his father. best thing ive seen recently was him being questioned if he was the love child of fidel castro.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #109 on: March 16, 2018, 07:12:47 PM »
well im not buying south central ever
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Surf-goth

• Rep: -677
« Reply #110 on: March 16, 2018, 07:21:31 PM »
I've been incarcerated before and i can tell you most people there are the scum of society (myself included of course) and should be put to work. It's punishment not a fuckin resort.
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -211
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #111 on: March 16, 2018, 07:40:39 PM »
Politic was never the same after Brian Brown quit.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #112 on: March 17, 2018, 05:24:21 AM »

It was a good couple of hours huh
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #113 on: March 17, 2018, 09:45:09 AM »
I've been incarcerated before and i can tell you most people there are the scum of society (myself included of course) and should be put to work. It's punishment not a fuckin resort.

Did you go to prison?

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #114 on: March 18, 2018, 10:45:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Did you go to prison?

Maybe just a night in the tank from how he is speaking. I was given the choice to work for 22cents a day while in prison. Gip is right too. No education or programs if I worked. But given the choice to work and do three years, or go to school and do 6, I never hesitated.
That said, the prison system down where SC is located is an even bigger beast to get stuck in the belly of.

nino brown

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
« Reply #115 on: March 19, 2018, 01:03:40 AM »
that hurt

Thomas

• Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
« Reply #116 on: March 19, 2018, 05:00:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

I'm very curious to know what shoes you are wearing and what phone you are using.
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #117 on: March 19, 2018, 06:04:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
that hurt
Huge bummer when you realize none of the original team is still a part of the brand today.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

weed420

• Rep: 39
« Reply #118 on: March 19, 2018, 07:38:55 AM »
on pillowcase skateboards confirmed

Little Debbie

« Reply #119 on: March 19, 2018, 09:20:10 AM »
I guess that's it for me and South Central boards; we had a good run, but they were kinda heavy compared to the typical Bareback or PS Stix