Author Topic: Swoosh and AntiHero.  (Read 16147 times)

micky682

Re: Swoosh and AntiHero.
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2018, 05:15:31 AM »
There has to be something wrong with you to do that type of damage to a person you are involved with romantically, male or female.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2018, 09:55:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
So a company that refuses to cut ties with a dude who likes to beat on women because he's good for business cares about money over morality? GET OUTTA TOWN!
[close]

we talking nike and daryl or anti hero and tony t
[close]
Damn. Interestingly, Nike never demanded the Daryl thread get taken down. Daryl also was never explicitly implicated. There were certain reasons it could have been him, but it wasn't like the TNT one where the woman came on here, gave a play-by-play of what went down, named the scumbag, and fielded questions about the event.
Honestly, I think even corporate scumbags like Nike would know better than to keep a guy like Trujillo on the team. Women in skating is an emerging market, they don't want to harm their entry into that market by standing by a woman beater. Not in the #metoo/#timesup era. DLX is somehow oblivious or just doesn't mind holding up people who beat women up as role models and faces for their company.
[close]

“An antihero, or antiheroine, is a protagonist in a story who lacks conventional heroic qualities and attributes such as idealism, courage, and morality.[1][2][3][4][5] Although antiheroes may sometimes do the right thing, it is not always for the right reasons, often acting primarily out of self-interest or in ways that defy conventional ethical codes.[6]”
Wiki

Hitting a woman is pretty anti-hero.
Antiheroes are supposed to be likeable though. antihero isn't another word for bad guy.

And Tony claimed it was about removing her, Priya's account is far different, and far more detailed in terms of what happened. In both stories though they acknowledge closed fist punching though.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
So a company that refuses to cut ties with a dude who likes to beat on women because he's good for business cares about money over morality? GET OUTTA TOWN!
[close]

we talking nike and daryl or anti hero and tony t
[close]
Damn. Interestingly, Nike never demanded the Daryl thread get taken down. Daryl also was never explicitly implicated. There were certain reasons it could have been him, but it wasn't like the TNT one where the woman came on here, gave a play-by-play of what went down, named the scumbag, and fielded questions about the event.
Honestly, I think even corporate scumbags like Nike would know better than to keep a guy like Trujillo on the team. Women in skating is an emerging market, they don't want to harm their entry into that market by standing by a woman beater. Not in the #metoo/#timesup era. DLX is somehow oblivious or just doesn't mind holding up people who beat women up as role models and faces for their company.
[close]

His ex-girlfriend posted her black eye and bruises on instagram along with a paragraph expressing how she had been "dragged by her hair" and other instances of abuse and emotional trauma.  She didnt call him out by name, but not hard to connect the dots.
[close]

Didn't want to blast out her gram/story at first, but noticed she went back and edited the post to include his name and a bit of a disclaimer in the beginning, so feels like she expects it to be publicly shared.  Also says she isnt the only person he's abused. Posted in 2016.

alright, fuck Daryl Angel too. Last I saw it I didn't see his name get mentioned, now that he's been called out by name, its clear.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2018, 10:14:47 AM »
wasn't one of the Vans filmers accused recently as well?

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1959
« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2018, 10:25:53 AM »
I was unaware of Priya's account of the story and that's super unfortunate. I was initially under the impression that the story was solely that of Andy Roy's, who could perhaps be the only person in the world of whom I would have second guesses about.

poowizard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2018, 11:25:31 AM »
Hopefully it wasn't because of this!

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2018, 12:51:34 PM »
embarrassing for the 18, but what can they do? Both Daan and BA are on and they are some of their sickest riders.

homehelpsearch

• Rep: -50
« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2018, 04:37:02 PM »
Gipper's outrage olympics and virtue signalling has almost reached rabid. What a muddled brain.

roomservice

• Rep: -209
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2018, 06:36:07 PM »
Nike: [man we really want to make some $$$, but Julien really takes issue with that kind of bullshit, he doesn't like the glorification of it, he just doesn't like it, period, and he has is reasons, and his reasons are totally valid...there's no way...but fuck it we'll just ask you never know]

Nike: Hey Julien let's do a collab

Julien: Well I don't know Nike, corporations are wack, it goes against what we stand for, we vote on everything, and so, it's gotta be a 100% vote

Nike: [aw man Tony hates our guts]

Julien: Fuck guys I gotta go man, gotta talk to these guys

Nike: [waits nervously for 3 weeks, well we know BA and GT like us, Daan doesn't really say anything to us though]

Julien: So yeah, we talked to everyone, and so yeah, everybody said yes

Nike: Aw man we're going to be such better friends after we give you all this $$$

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2018, 07:01:53 PM »
the concrete coozies they made for trophys were really cool

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2018, 07:30:38 PM »
Gipper's outrage olympics and virtue signalling has almost reached rabid. What a muddled brain.
So which multiple time banned alt right 4 chan loser are you? How long you think you’ll last this try?  :-* :-* :-*

paintHUFfer

• Rep: -2
« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2018, 07:43:05 PM »

billyerlife

« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2018, 07:44:00 PM »
Nike: [man we really want to make some $$$, but Julien really takes issue with that kind of bullshit, he doesn't like the glorification of it, he just doesn't like it, period, and he has is reasons, and his reasons are totally valid...there's no way...but fuck it we'll just ask you never know]

Nike: Hey Julien let's do a collab

Julien: Well I don't know Nike, corporations are wack, it goes against what we stand for, we vote on everything, and so, it's gotta be a 100% vote

Nike: [aw man Tony hates our guts]

Julien: Fuck guys I gotta go man, gotta talk to these guys

Nike: [waits nervously for 3 weeks, well we know BA and GT like us, Daan doesn't really say anything to us though]

Julien: So yeah, we talked to everyone, and so yeah, everybody said yes

Nike: Aw man we're going to be such better friends after we give you all this $$$

This is a weird exchange to post, because it is completely unsurprising. It's like seeing a guy coming out of a McDonald's with a bag of McDonald's, and then posting on the internet your theory about how the guy went into the McDonald's and bought McDonald's.

I also feel like now I'm weird for pointing out how weirdly obvious your post is because it's so obvious how weirdly obvious your post is.

paintHUFfer

• Rep: -2
« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2018, 07:45:58 PM »
their anti-gentrification, “burn your condo,” tough guy biker image has been bullshit for a while now.

one-eight-hellride-fuck-u!

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #73 on: March 15, 2018, 07:47:14 PM »
A pre freebase era Grosso in a Powell ad dissing Talking Heads...
They were too musical for dudes like grosso to understand.  He's an eternal toddler like most dudes over 40 who skate bowl and don't skate street.  I don't know why its like that.  Just take for example the tunes they play out of their ghetto blasters.  Fucking dead kennedys or mettalica.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2018, 07:53:16 PM »
Expand Quote
their anti-gentrification, “burn your condo,” tough guy biker image has been bullshit for a while now.
[close]

Was it a biker image?  I thought it was a dudes who sleep in bowls and have the baddest pool coping grinds image.  Starting out imo they had no image.  Just seemed like documentation to me.  -Pretty straight forward.  I think that the logo and those who choose to rep the company can take a life of its own.  That assuie dude called them the fuk out imo too.  Basically insinuated they're jerk offs.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 07:58:46 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #75 on: March 15, 2018, 07:55:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

In fairness, at least the Our Life dudes are legitimately living that life. They can be obnoxious at times, but they live and breathe skateboarding and made one of the best DIY spots around. There’s a thousand ways to hate on them, but genuineness of living that gnarly hesh skate life isn’t one of them

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #76 on: March 15, 2018, 08:04:13 PM »
Expand Quote
A pre freebase era Grosso in a Powell ad dissing Talking Heads...
[close]
They were too musical for dudes like grosso to understand.  He's an eternal toddler like most dudes over 40 who skate bowl and don't skate street.  I don't know why its like that.  Just take for example the tunes they play out of their ghetto blasters.  Fucking dead kennedys or mettalica.

Reminds me of 20th Century Women.  Black Flag vs “art fag” Talking Heads

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #77 on: March 15, 2018, 08:13:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

there’s no denying their business practices contradict their image and message. sorry you have such an emotional attachment to them you can’t think straight about it. also, eat a log of your dad’s shit for breakfast tomorrow morning.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2018, 10:05:42 PM »
^ "shit son, have a log of shit" - "word"

Fecal Fury

• Rep: 60
  • 1800-18-18-18
« Reply #79 on: March 15, 2018, 11:38:48 PM »
embarrassing for the 18, but what can they do? Both Daan and BA are on and they are some of their sickest riders.

How you just gunna forget about GT in that list?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #80 on: March 16, 2018, 01:09:43 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

How you just gunna forget about GT in that list?

And formerly Hewitt didn’t mind being on

Fecal Fury

• Rep: 60
  • 1800-18-18-18
« Reply #81 on: March 16, 2018, 01:12:40 AM »
Unpopular opinion I guess, BA is overrated and doesn’t fit anti-hero at all. His art is shit and mediocre and he cares more about disgusting, pretentious fashion and hanging around self absorbed fashion wastes than skating. Oh wow front row at a runway show with 5000 dollar pants and 500 dollar sweatshop glasses, dude even wears fur jackets worth thousands so core thanks for promoting senseless killing of animals Brian let’s all go out and buy moncler coats and jack ourselves off about how intelligent and creative some old white fuck who designs jackets for first world millionaires is. Hey maybe I can also get a spot skating for a company that complains about condo developments and gentrification in my Supreme Boxers what even is happening.

The escalation in your tone has me concerned for your wellbeing. You ok man?

Go bust a nut then come back again.

RumpelFoarskin

« Reply #82 on: March 16, 2018, 02:49:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Unpopular opinion I guess, BA is overrated and doesn’t fit anti-hero at all. His art is shit and mediocre and he cares more about disgusting, pretentious fashion and hanging around self absorbed fashion wastes than skating. Oh wow front row at a runway show with 5000 dollar pants and 500 dollar sweatshop glasses, dude even wears fur jackets worth thousands so core thanks for promoting senseless killing of animals Brian let’s all go out and buy moncler coats and jack ourselves off about how intelligent and creative some old white fuck who designs jackets for first world millionaires is. Hey maybe I can also get a spot skating for a company that complains about condo developments and gentrification in my Supreme Boxers what even is happening.
[close]

The escalation in your tone has me concerned for your wellbeing. You ok man?

Go bust a nut then come back again.
If anything my tone has de-escalated this is a chill version I think I reached peaked at my nyjah setups now it’s just a constant downhill, don’t be worried stool storm I’ll be alright.

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -169
« Reply #83 on: March 16, 2018, 05:09:57 AM »
remember when forrest didn't know who daryl was or his name after he broke his board?
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #84 on: March 16, 2018, 08:52:44 AM »

Women's rights icon

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #85 on: March 16, 2018, 09:14:11 AM »

ungzilla

« Reply #86 on: March 16, 2018, 09:27:48 AM »
his go-to people he addresses by name aren't women beaters

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #87 on: March 16, 2018, 11:44:11 AM »
Lots of people seem pretty sure beat up that woman.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #88 on: March 16, 2018, 11:51:56 AM »
Lots of people seem pretty sure beat up that woman.

a tragic.

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
« Reply #89 on: March 16, 2018, 11:57:53 AM »
What was that Lower Bob thing, with Andy and Tony listed in a "heat"... Some contest? The other Heats looked interesting too