Author Topic: Swoosh and AntiHero.  (Read 16166 times)

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
Re: Swoosh and AntiHero.
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2018, 04:13:01 PM »
#yearoftheeagle

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2018, 09:47:25 AM »
So a company that refuses to cut ties with a dude who likes to beat on women because he's good for business cares about money over morality? GET OUTTA TOWN!
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

SonictheHedgehog

• Rep: -14
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2018, 10:00:11 AM »
The GT Blazers are so much better than the regular versions
wash uffize drive me to firenze

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2018, 10:09:31 AM »

Might as well post this again

IHOP

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2018, 10:42:38 AM »
So a company that refuses to cut ties with a dude who likes to beat on women because he's good for business cares about money over morality? GET OUTTA TOWN!

we talking nike and daryl or anti hero and tony t

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 772
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2018, 10:56:14 AM »
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2018, 11:25:32 AM »
Expand Quote
It'd be great if this just became a Talking Heads appreciation thread.
[close]

An old friend once told me he wished David Byrne was his dad... Which has always stuck with me. I absolutely love fear of music and his album with Saint Vincent.

who are you? cause I say that all the time.
I need a coffee

Hastings

• Rep: 37
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2018, 11:47:49 AM »

Tempeka

• Rep: -1
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2018, 12:40:43 AM »
Nike has fully taken over everything, can skateboarding become not cool again?

Donald Rump

« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2018, 01:20:14 AM »
The whole "18" name thing is corny as all fuck.

thomas kook

« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2018, 02:12:20 AM »
so many people saying that '18' is lame now i feel like saying 18 is lame is lame. we get it. i suck at math too but you see me complaining. anyway don't beat women

roomservice

• Rep: -209
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2018, 06:21:53 AM »
I'll give anyone 100 bucks to go up to Daan at a demo and say "Wow dude you flew up over the coping so high, 9 points" and get his reaction on camera.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2018, 06:31:13 AM »
their anti-gentrification, “burn your condo,” tough guy biker image has been bullshit for a while now.

shark tits

« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2018, 07:33:53 AM »
their anti-gentrification, “burn your condo,” tough guy biker image has been bullshit for a while now.
business casual is so in this season

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2545
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2018, 07:36:39 AM »

more like "burn your calories at the condo gym" amirite
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Sad Hippo

« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2018, 08:35:25 AM »
I thought tough guy gangs with anti corporate sentiments were supposed to be against stuff like this. Wonder how Hewitt feels about it.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2018, 09:19:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Damn. Interestingly, Nike never demanded the Daryl thread get taken down. Daryl also was never explicitly implicated. There were certain reasons it could have been him, but it wasn't like the TNT one where the woman came on here, gave a play-by-play of what went down, named the scumbag, and fielded questions about the event.
Honestly, I think even corporate scumbags like Nike would know better than to keep a guy like Trujillo on the team. Women in skating is an emerging market, they don't want to harm their entry into that market by standing by a woman beater. Not in the #metoo/#timesup era. DLX is somehow oblivious or just doesn't mind holding up people who beat women up as role models and faces for their company.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Donald Rump

« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2018, 06:03:58 AM »
so many people saying that '18' is lame now i feel like saying 18 is lame is lame. we get it. i suck at math too but you see me complaining. anyway don't beat women

Yes I see you complaining, but  it doesn't bother me.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1959
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2018, 03:45:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Damn. Interestingly, Nike never demanded the Daryl thread get taken down. Daryl also was never explicitly implicated. There were certain reasons it could have been him, but it wasn't like the TNT one where the woman came on here, gave a play-by-play of what went down, named the scumbag, and fielded questions about the event.
Honestly, I think even corporate scumbags like Nike would know better than to keep a guy like Trujillo on the team. Women in skating is an emerging market, they don't want to harm their entry into that market by standing by a woman beater. Not in the #metoo/#timesup era. DLX is somehow oblivious or just doesn't mind holding up people who beat women up as role models and faces for their company.

Folks should have zero tolerance for that kinda stuff, but didn't the story have something to do with Tony and his wife having to physically remove that lady from their house because she was being volatile in front of their kids?

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1075
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2018, 04:48:52 PM »
Nike did kick in A  bunch of cash for Lower Bob's.

Dad you're embarrassing me

• Rep: 66
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2018, 05:28:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

“An antihero, or antiheroine, is a protagonist in a story who lacks conventional heroic qualities and attributes such as idealism, courage, and morality.[1][2][3][4][5] Although antiheroes may sometimes do the right thing, it is not always for the right reasons, often acting primarily out of self-interest or in ways that defy conventional ethical codes.[6]”
Wiki

Hitting a woman is pretty anti-hero.

shark tits

« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2018, 06:03:47 PM »
i just remembered an old cardiel [i think?] interview where he was at a party and a girl talked shit or knocked his hat of so he knocked out the girl and then everyone's like 'you hit a girl' so he had to fight the girl's bf or others at the party.
as i recall it was 2 people being interviewed on same pages, one was right side up, other was upside down. think julien was asking the questions and i can't for the life of me remember who was the other interview.
old BB? thrasher?
oh, apocryphal 90s.

bad joke

• Rep: 156
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2018, 07:17:32 PM »

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2018, 07:22:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Core is dead.
[close]

i bet bawtawd could make a rig out of an apple
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

mattdlx

• Rep: 165
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2018, 08:12:07 PM »
Realizing I should have used Talking Heads for our Instahype post. D'oh!
SPB!

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2018, 10:30:39 PM »
Anyone else notice a lot less people skating Nikes around lately? I've seen way less people wearing them since the Janoski trend died and they dont really have another shoe to come in and replace it...

IHOP

« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2018, 01:39:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

His ex-girlfriend posted her black eye and bruises on instagram along with a paragraph expressing how she had been "dragged by her hair" and other instances of abuse and emotional trauma.  She didnt call him out by name, but not hard to connect the dots.

IHOP

« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2018, 01:46:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

His ex-girlfriend posted her black eye and bruises on instagram along with a paragraph expressing how she had been "dragged by her hair" and other instances of abuse and emotional trauma.  She didnt call him out by name, but not hard to connect the dots.

Didn't want to blast out her gram/story at first, but noticed she went back and edited the post to include his name and a bit of a disclaimer in the beginning, so feels like she expects it to be publicly shared.  Also says she isnt the only person he's abused. Posted in 2016.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2018, 02:07:05 AM »
Can you imagine Daryl biting you. Ouch.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2018, 04:02:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Didn't want to blast out her gram/story at first, but noticed she went back and edited the post to include his name and a bit of a disclaimer in the beginning, so feels like she expects it to be publicly shared.  Also says she isnt the only person he's abused. Posted in 2016.

yeah fuck daryl angel.

NIKE IF YOU'RE READING THIS: FIRE HIS ASS!!! [/size]