Author Topic: Post your first 'real' skate shoe  (Read 25402 times)

Bumpovertrash

Re: Post your first 'real' skate shoe
« Reply #180 on: March 12, 2018, 12:20:53 AM »
from the turn of the century i was in 3rd grade

Mr. Kamikazi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #181 on: March 12, 2018, 03:39:44 PM »
Vans Rowley XLTS, size 9, 20.00 table in a mall skate shop. Was so stoked because I knew who Geoff was and the colors were plain. Then about a month later my mom took me to get ES contracts.

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
« Reply #182 on: March 12, 2018, 03:44:27 PM »
ES contracts.
i loved that shoe. i don't remember whose face was on mine but i had these weird brown/goldish ones if i remember right.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1570
« Reply #183 on: March 13, 2018, 03:31:44 AM »
wish I could say it was :

but in reality those came first :

because that was the only pair I could afford as a kid with my birthday money at the time. I had been skating in nothing but mall Vans or cheap tennis shoes for 5 or 6 years at the time, for my first 'real' shoe I really wanted the Accel +'s but they ended up being too expensive. the shop couldn't sell those Etnies full price because one of them had a yellow spot from staying in the sun (back when shops would proudly exhibit shoes like this behind the window), they were the only ones I could get and I remember hesitating before reluctantly taking them, I was actually pretty grossed out by how bulky they were and the fucking thunderbolts. it took me a month just to break them in, then they lasted me for over six painful months, until I could finally afford the Accels.

dstrytruitt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 105
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #184 on: March 13, 2018, 01:12:33 PM »
Expand Quote

If they remade these I'd rock em today.
[close]

They did. I am wearing them today. Bought a pair at active last year off their clearance rack. It’s the pro edition for the 30th anniversary. They are really fun to skate on ramps with.

These are gnarly.

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #185 on: March 13, 2018, 10:28:40 PM »

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
« Reply #186 on: March 13, 2018, 10:40:55 PM »
wish I could say it was :

but in reality those came first :

because that was the only pair I could afford as a kid with my birthday money at the time. I had been skating in nothing but mall Vans or cheap tennis shoes for 5 or 6 years at the time, for my first 'real' shoe I really wanted the Accel +'s but they ended up being too expensive. the shop couldn't sell those Etnies full price because one of them had a yellow spot from staying in the sun (back when shops would proudly exhibit shoes like this behind the window), they were the only ones I could get and I remember hesitating before reluctantly taking them, I was actually pretty grossed out by how bulky they were and the fucking thunderbolts. it took me a month just to break them in, then they lasted me for over six painful months, until I could finally afford the Accels.

Are these the Vallely 2's? These were my first skate shoes too. I got them in 5th grade a little after I started skating. They were marked down, pretty much the only reason I could get them.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1570
« Reply #187 on: March 14, 2018, 04:03:52 AM »
Vallely 2's indeed, complete with the huge, black-on-orange thunderbolt on the outsole. apparently there are some on eBay. would have coped for nostalgia's sake if 1/ they weren't so ugly and 2/ they were the Accel +'s.

Eds_gallerist

« Reply #188 on: March 14, 2018, 09:31:26 AM »
My first real skate shoe together with my first real deck. I recently found this in my parents basement. I am so stoked about the find. Lots of good memories like learning to kickflip and so on. Shoes should be Airwalk Jim if I am not mistaken. Shoe goo was hard to come by where I lived back then (around 1995ish) and my mom would be mad at me everytime I came home because of all the ripped socks haha. I pretty much skated those to death.  Going back to tennis shoes was not an acceptable option. Good times.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #189 on: March 14, 2018, 09:44:50 AM »
Kolh's Vans, followed by black/grey Osiris D3's, followed by these jawns
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

yapple dapple

• Rep: 155
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #190 on: March 15, 2018, 07:29:04 PM »
Expand Quote

If they remade these I'd rock em today.
[close]

They did. I am wearing them today. Bought a pair at active last year off their clearance rack. It’s the pro edition for the 30th anniversary. They are really fun to skate on ramps with.

You really had to date me like that? I got them when I was 8 or 9, so yeah that sounds about right.
Damn I feel old. Think I'll go hang out in the old dudes post up here thread...

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1063
« Reply #191 on: March 16, 2018, 05:03:45 AM »
I’m coming with you. My first pair of skate shoes was Airwalk Vics in grade six.