Author Topic: Bagley's wax method from Vinnie 9 club  (Read 10354 times)

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1099
    • My Wife avatar image
Re: Bagley's wax method from Vinnie 9 club
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2020, 02:21:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Any passersby will wonder why you're spray painting invisible graffiti on some random curb with your strange friends so I treat the act as such and try not to let them see.
[close]

Hard hat and high vis vest. You're a city worker.

"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

JANUS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 583
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2020, 09:37:47 AM »
For the record, a little bit of wax did the trick and it’s real slick now. Thanks again. This has really increased the amount of fun I can have skating around my area.

If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Benchpress

• Rep: 9
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2020, 12:27:31 AM »
Would you guys say rub bricking is essential for all curbs? I've got a spot that's new concrete so the shape is uniform, but it's not a particularly smooth contrete mix. Would it benefit much from rub bricking? Or better to just go ham on the clear coat?

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2020, 04:24:00 AM »
Would you guys say rub bricking is essential for all curbs? I've got a spot that's new concrete so the shape is uniform, but it's not a particularly smooth contrete mix. Would it benefit much from rub bricking? Or better to just go ham on the clear coat?

Definitely benefit. Even new concrete would take awhile to break in compared to the brick for 10-15 minutes.