Author Topic: Non Skate Shoes Good For Skating Thread  (Read 122695 times)

aloftystandard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
Re: Non Skate Shoes Good For Skating Thread
« Reply #150 on: April 03, 2019, 01:33:44 PM »
shimano sh-gr500 looks pretty skateable

Only problem with these is that the sole is super stiff and almost too grippy. Anything that is marketed as a MTB shoe sucks for skating.

Luddite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
« Reply #151 on: April 03, 2019, 09:21:02 PM »
I haven't tried them that much yet for skating, but Hummel Stadil handball shoes seem decent and I like how they look.

I think Caswell Berry said he based his Osiris shoe off these

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2202
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #152 on: April 04, 2019, 09:29:16 AM »
He might have said that but his shoe is almost an exact copy of the Asics Top Seven, which was mentioned in this thread earlier.

It's even got that little notch at the back of the heel and the logo on the sole in the same place.

Not surprisingly that may be one of the only good shoes Osiris ever made.

fickdiepolizei666

• Rep: -7
« Reply #153 on: April 07, 2019, 06:08:17 AM »
i loved these nike indoor soccer shoes. they had the same sole as the fc, which is also one of my favorites.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1537
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #154 on: April 07, 2019, 02:46:03 PM »
Oh I would definitely fuck with those Hi-Tec squash shoes. Mainly because I'm Canadian and have a soft spot for Hi-Tec because in the 90s grunge days we all used to rock Hi-Tec hiking boots with our cut off shorts with long underwear underneath that looked like this:

Still trying to find a pair in my size to wear now but I can only ever find them in women's.

Re: Simple, I would for sure skate these for a bit of fun:

You can never go wrong pulling a Larry David.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Glurmpz

« Reply #155 on: April 21, 2019, 09:46:57 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt2Y-eIlAUw/

I'll be honest - I don't know how people skate in these things, but I didn't buy them for skating. The green ones are more recent. I find the Reebok Workout low(which is very similar) much more comfortable, though still quite thick soles for skating in. I skate cupsole shoes like Sal 97's. They're not nearly as thick.

Does anyone know if the DGK versions of the Original Fitness had a slimmer sole at all? The colors were nice. 

swfs180

• Rep: 0
« Reply #156 on: April 23, 2019, 12:03:49 AM »

saw somebody skating these icons and a lot of people skating these supergas:

I have a pair of the supergas and the gum sole is incredibly grippy. Almost too much

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #157 on: April 24, 2019, 09:21:37 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt2Y-eIlAUw/

I'll be honest - I don't know how people skate in these things, but I didn't buy them for skating. The green ones are more recent. I find the Reebok Workout low(which is very similar) much more comfortable, though still quite thick soles for skating in. I skate cupsole shoes like Sal 97's. They're not nearly as thick.

Does anyone know if the DGK versions of the Original Fitness had a slimmer sole at all? The colors were nice.

Pretty sure the DGK RBK soles were as hard if not harder than the originals. I remember being stoked on then, picking them up, pressing my thumb into the sole and it was an instant "nope".

daewonbong3000

• Rep: 10
« Reply #158 on: April 24, 2019, 06:36:58 PM »
I got a pair of the shi rbk workouts online a while ago. Granted they’re almost fifteen years old but the soles are bricks

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #159 on: April 25, 2019, 08:18:58 AM »
I mow my lawn in a pair of Workout Plus. The soles are super hard.
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

nwgrandpapa

• Rep: -1
  • My friend Mike is on here
« Reply #160 on: April 29, 2019, 12:48:37 PM »
any of you guys ever skate a pair on nike davinho soccer shoes?

image hosting websites

nwgrandpapa

• Rep: -1
  • My friend Mike is on here
« Reply #161 on: April 29, 2019, 02:11:13 PM »
I'm trying the Nike Davinho out, just one session so far. I don't think I've seen anyone talk about them or skate them ever? Probably wrong on that. I have two pairs, I skated the other pair, not this pair:

The toe stitching already blew out after a few kickflip attempts, so I doubt they'll last long. But they fit and look great - I have a thinner foot so they're really comfortable - and have great grip.  A lot of soccer shoes or athletic shoes aren't too grippy, but these are.

nvm found my answer

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #162 on: May 03, 2019, 06:56:14 AM »

Puma is retro'ing some vulcanized basketball classics.

Ralph Sampson OG's from 1985.

I don't skate vulcs but this would definitely be a unique option.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 06:58:14 AM by cricketclub »
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

Stoeipoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #163 on: May 03, 2019, 07:45:13 AM »
Skating these now and I really like them

and these later

Bitches call me pussy, the horse filler.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #164 on: May 03, 2019, 09:47:52 AM »
Damn those Puma lows look great. Would definitely fuck with those. I love skating white leather.

I saw those Workouts with the Club sole and would definitely skate better than the Workout sole, but just doesn't look as fresh without the split midsole.

What was the other shoe you were gonna post? No pic came up.

spanyard

• Rep: 77
« Reply #165 on: May 03, 2019, 12:50:48 PM »
These on deck:

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #166 on: May 03, 2019, 04:42:42 PM »

Its not a vulc, it's a cup, but its pretty sick. Remeinds me of the Top Ten.  I actually thought about the Top Ten as a good skate shoe aswell...

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #167 on: May 06, 2019, 09:06:49 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Its not a vulc, it's a cup, but its pretty sick. Remeinds me of the Top Ten.  I actually thought about the Top Ten as a good skate shoe aswell...

Thanks for the info! I looked around for a while and could not find out definitively that this was a cupsole and I just thought it kind of looked like a vulc. I knew it was around the time basketball shoes were switching to cupsole but I thought maybe it was just a little old school for it's time.

Yes they definitely remind me of the Top Ten. I don't know much about Adidas but it looks like their Matchcourt High RX2 utilizes a similar ankle collar. I tried to do some research on the history of the Matchcourt itself before skateboarding but I couldn't find much. I'm guessing it was a tennis shoe not a basketball shoe? So the Matchcourt High RX2 would be quite a hybrid of sorts.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #168 on: May 06, 2019, 04:32:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Thanks for the info! I looked around for a while and could not find out definitively that this was a cupsole and I just thought it kind of looked like a vulc. I knew it was around the time basketball shoes were switching to cupsole but I thought maybe it was just a little old school for it's time.

Yes they definitely remind me of the Top Ten. I don't know much about Adidas but it looks like their Matchcourt High RX2 utilizes a similar ankle collar. I tried to do some research on the history of the Matchcourt itself before skateboarding but I couldn't find much. I'm guessing it was a tennis shoe not a basketball shoe? So the Matchcourt High RX2 would be quite a hybrid of sorts.

The Top Ten was the first basketball shoe over 100$ price tag from what I was told. They were the best shoes your could get at the time they were released... The matchcourt is not an old shoe tho. It's a modern design based on the Nizza but for skating. That RX2 was made to look like a Top Ten vulc hybrid of sorts... (They even used some of its OG colors on it.), I'm still more fan of the OG Top Ten.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #169 on: May 06, 2019, 11:59:37 PM »
I've been curious for a while on those indoor predators. They remind me of a koston 3 laceless.
Found a sale pair today so I just ordered it. They have boost midsole, the stripes are rubberized and the toe is coated. Should last decently. I kinda dig the Colorway too... Lets see how they skate.

I'll comeback to talk about more shoes but I absolutelly love to see people skating in non skate shoes. Gino in nike indoor soccer shoes, busenitz in sambas, wade D in Jordan 3's or anyone in runners... It just looks sick.

00:40 nike huaraches
https://youtu.be/dftxBoSKx7U

Jordan 4's
https://www.instagram.com/p/BWmy5pgh3d0/

Stevie in some og airmax 95's (what a G)
https://www.instagram.com/p/BBmq01rJPqm/

Once I was a having some massive blisters with the huf shoes I was skating so I just changed to my nike frees that where in my bag mid session and they actually felt really good for that bit. The heel was just too unstable, but other than that I was feeling it. Mad confort, and the flex was awesome.
Did you tried them? The indoor predators
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #170 on: May 07, 2019, 12:27:29 AM »
These on deck:

I've been eyeballing these kind of kicks to skate but haven't found one in decent color way yet..

I'm interested to know how they skate. The fit in most of this type shoes should be very nice but the material could be a swing and a miss though..

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #171 on: May 07, 2019, 12:36:19 AM »
Expand Quote
I've been curious for a while on those indoor predators. They remind me of a koston 3 laceless.
Found a sale pair today so I just ordered it. They have boost midsole, the stripes are rubberized and the toe is coated. Should last decently. I kinda dig the Colorway too... Lets see how they skate.

[close]
Did you tried them? The indoor predators

I did got them, but they are too tight in my True Size. it doesnt really stretch out because of the coating and it makes it painful to wear, so they've been collecting dust for like a year now...  :-\

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #172 on: May 08, 2019, 11:26:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

The Top Ten was the first basketball shoe over 100$ price tag from what I was told. They were the best shoes your could get at the time they were released... The matchcourt is not an old shoe tho. It's a modern design based on the Nizza but for skating. That RX2 was made to look like a Top Ten vulc hybrid of sorts... (They even used some of its OG colors on it.), I'm still more fan of the OG Top Ten.

Thank you! That was the info I was looking for. I'm interested in the roots of skateboard shoe designs. Nike makes it easy by just using the same name and throwing SB in front.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #173 on: May 13, 2019, 04:40:54 AM »
The Handball Top original tooling usually has a outrigger thing that makes it hard to skate, but this colorway has the handball spezial tooling (same used on the busenitz), which is perfectly skateable. They look dope altho the price is a bit steep.

https://www.adidas.de/handball-top-schuh/EE5739.html

And for the fellas that like the continental 80, there's now a vulc version which looks really good. Like a vulc Dunk/Reebok hybrid. Should skate nicelly, same outsole has a matchcourt/adiease,etc...

https://www.adidas.de/continental-vulc-schuh/EF3524.html

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #174 on: May 16, 2019, 08:15:14 AM »
I could see Quim Cardona getting an awesome photo or clip in these:

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #175 on: May 16, 2019, 09:18:55 AM »
Crocs.

That way when you tear your feet apart and piss yourself because of the pain, it won't soak into the shoes.
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #176 on: June 04, 2019, 10:05:46 AM »
Just finished skating these chopped down Jordan 1s. They were awesome and really fun.

Just started skating some black Puma Suedes.

Burnt_Reynolds

« Reply #177 on: June 07, 2019, 06:45:26 AM »
Make these skateable. I might get em to boot around in. The colorway remined me of those Jamie Thomas Circa from 18 years ago.

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #178 on: June 07, 2019, 09:40:37 AM »
I believe those are the ADIDAS HARDEN VOL. 3.

I'd back it. There needs to be more outside-the-box thinking in skate shoes. Those feature boost which has recently made its way into a model or two of Adidas skate shoes, albeit only in the heel I think.

I don't know much about basketball but I'm pretty sure the different positions look for different things in shoes. Harden is a Shooting guard / Point guard. I don't know how that translates to skateboarding, I just know that some basketball shoes have way more "court feel" than others.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #179 on: June 07, 2019, 09:51:45 AM »
I believe those are the ADIDAS HARDEN VOL. 3.

I'd back it. There needs to be more outside-the-box thinking in skate shoes. Those feature boost which has recently made its way into a model or two of Adidas skate shoes, albeit only in the heel I think.

I don't know much about basketball but I'm pretty sure the different positions look for different things in shoes. Harden is a Shooting guard / Point guard. I don't know how that translates to skateboarding, I just know that some basketball shoes have way more "court feel" than others.

Pretty sure that's what they were going for with the Nike BA and it didn't last too long
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma