Author Topic: Non Skate Shoes Good For Skating Thread  (Read 123440 times)

Frank

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
Re: Non Skate Shoes Good For Skating Thread
« Reply #540 on: December 28, 2020, 07:11:13 AM »
i love all y’all and i’m sorry if this has been discussed before but is there a reference for best non-skate skate shoe that’s also the cheapest? i’m broke broke and already blasted through my fast break mids. i could give a fuck about “skate shoes” really and if there’s some cheap tennis shoe i could cop it bulk it would be much appreesh

reebok revenges are often on sale online. you can get them for around 30 bucks i'd reckon if you're lucky.

also saw those puma suedes/clydes on sale pretty often, for about the same price.

asics is another company you could check out for skateable shoes that are often on sale. i can't recall model names rn tho.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #541 on: December 28, 2020, 08:54:04 AM »
i love all y’all and i’m sorry if this has been discussed before but is there a reference for best non-skate skate shoe that’s also the cheapest? i’m broke broke and already blasted through my fast break mids. i could give a fuck about “skate shoes” really and if there’s some cheap tennis shoe i could cop it bulk it would be much appreesh

Probably Adidas Superstars if you can find them cheap. I love the "laceless" version that came out this year and you can find them for quite cheap everywhere (at least in Europe, I got a extra pair for 35euros like 1 month ago). They come with laces, so don't worry.
It uses some nice quality leather, even on the stripes (opposite to the standard version which is cheap leather), Only thing you might need is to put some superglue in the eyestay, other than that they laaaast.
(found this just as an example https://kith.com/products/adidas-superstar-laceless-white-black)

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #542 on: December 28, 2020, 09:06:27 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Probably Adidas Superstars if you can find them cheap. I love the "laceless" version that came out this year and you can find them for quite cheap everywhere (at least in Europe, I got a extra pair for 35euros like 1 month ago). They come with laces, so don't worry.
It uses some nice quality leather, even on the stripes (opposite to the standard version which is cheap leather), Only thing you might need is to put some superglue in the eyestay, other than that they laaaast.
(found this just as an example https://kith.com/products/adidas-superstar-laceless-white-black)
those look way better than the skate and og versions :o

how is the forefoot cushioning?
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #543 on: December 28, 2020, 09:46:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
those look way better than the skate and og versions :o

how is the forefoot cushioning?

They do look a lot better, and with black laces **heart emoji** !!
I guess the cushioning is pretty standard. They do have a ortholite insole that feels really nice.
They also have tongue centering straps (for the laceless feel) and a puffier tongue so they basically feel like beefier slip ons, I dont think I unknotted them since I got them, feels like gloves.
Highly recommended. I already skated a Black pair, been rocking a white pair casually and have another one in the ice just in case.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

cky enthusiast

« Reply #544 on: December 28, 2020, 09:58:02 AM »
shimano sh-gr500 looks pretty skateable

as a current bike shop employee i’d like to thank you for this, it cracked me up. i boot my shoes w/ dead tubes when i ollie thru em

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #545 on: December 28, 2020, 10:17:37 AM »
damn, that's a sharp idea actually. good way to put wrecked tubes to use!

cky enthusiast

« Reply #546 on: December 28, 2020, 11:13:01 AM »
damn, that's a sharp idea actually. good way to put wrecked tubes to use!

we have an abundance! lil trick from my bike messenger days to keep my wrecked skate shit going

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #547 on: December 28, 2020, 08:07:39 PM »
I knew this one wacky very guy who did something like that, he had a leather? (the soft like sude but tough type)
patch that he had that would hang over his laces and part of side, giant ollie patch. It worked really well, no idea how he attatched, I think it hung from laces? Dude was weird but shredded
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #548 on: December 28, 2020, 08:56:44 PM »
anyone skate the adidas rivalry low?
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

TheLowerBack

• Rep: 171
  • GTU/FWD
« Reply #549 on: December 28, 2020, 10:59:25 PM »
I've found pairs of Puma Suedes in good condition on Depop for under $30

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #550 on: December 28, 2020, 10:59:51 PM »
Am I the only one who thinks that the Jordan 4 looks like a really good supportive and durable skate shoe? Anyone got any experiences? Kinda tempted to buy some used ones for cheap

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #551 on: December 29, 2020, 01:26:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

reebok revenges are often on sale online. you can get them for around 30 bucks i'd reckon if you're lucky.

also saw those puma suedes/clydes on sale pretty often, for about the same price.

asics is another company you could check out for skateable shoes that are often on sale. i can't recall model names rn tho.

Asics Japan S. Would like to know if anyone has tried them.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #552 on: December 29, 2020, 02:13:33 PM »

Reebok Club C models (all the different sole variants usually) tend to regularly go on sale - Reebok site, some department stores, etc. Amazon and other online sellers sometimes have regular Superstars or Sambas on sale from what I’ve seen. There may be some deals still floating around on those shoes (and others) following the holidays, too.
Converse Rival, Adidas Grand Court, and Nike Ebernon are some other possible options.

Eastbay, Burlington Coat Factory (surprisingly), Marshall’s, Nordstrom Rack, Ross, and Big 5 are good options for web store or in person for non skate shoes that may be on sale.
Super Champion Fun Zone

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2226
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #553 on: December 29, 2020, 03:09:31 PM »
Adidas Grand Court

Ewwwwwwww maybe if you want to look like a pedophile.

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -198
« Reply #554 on: December 29, 2020, 06:36:24 PM »

Burlington near me has had supras for < 20bucks for the last few months

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #555 on: December 29, 2020, 07:07:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Adidas Grand Court
[close]

Ewwwwwwww maybe if you want to look like a pedophile.
You're right. Haha! They look awful in my opinion.... but they are an option if you're broke though. Anyways, I supplied other alts to make up for that suggestion  :D
Super Champion Fun Zone

Glurmpz

« Reply #556 on: December 29, 2020, 09:12:36 PM »
I agree with those saying look for Reebok Club C's/Revenge/Royal Techque T's on sale - they usually are somewhere. Up here in Canada they pop up in Winners all the time in nice colors for $39-$49. That and some dollar store crazy glue for the seams/laces and it's one of the best cheap shoes you can get. They look dope too.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #557 on: January 01, 2021, 11:18:09 AM »
Anyone use regular adidas samba for skating? I have but not in 25 years so I can't remember how they were

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #558 on: January 01, 2021, 11:33:55 AM »
Anyone use regular adidas samba for skating? I have but not in 25 years so I can't remember how they were

Yo they have been mentioned many many times in this thread and on this board
And the general consensus is that they are good

Too many of the general population wearing them where I live.
Same goes for Stan Smith's.   

Court shoes for some reason are pretty popular around here.  It's a bummer for many reasons

Dinglenuts

• Rep: 2
« Reply #559 on: January 01, 2021, 02:41:13 PM »
I ordered some Shelltoes for $40 on sale. I realized after that they are the Adv model (not the Vulcs) and I was looking to see if/how they are different than the OG’s us older folk use to skate.

Glurmpz

« Reply #560 on: January 01, 2021, 04:07:20 PM »
Yet another Winners score - these Pumas that I think may be skate shoes. Unfortunately they're super narrow, but they look so damn nice with white laces that I'm gonna suffer through the fit. Haha. Not sure what the model is. Chillers only.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #561 on: January 01, 2021, 11:48:55 PM »
^^ nice

Got me thinking, has anyone tried these?

Glurmpz

« Reply #562 on: January 01, 2021, 11:53:23 PM »
^^ nice

Got me thinking, has anyone tried these?

They also pop up at Winners and I've seen a couple people skating them up here. Can't attest to the quality.

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #563 on: January 02, 2021, 07:17:50 AM »
Yet another Winners score - these Pumas that I think may be skate shoes. Unfortunately they're super narrow, but they look so damn nice with white laces that I'm gonna suffer through the fit. Haha. Not sure what the model is. Chillers only.

black shoes white laces really hits the spot

Scott Chegg

• Rep: -5
« Reply #564 on: February 03, 2021, 02:23:14 PM »
Am I the only one who thinks that the Jordan 4 looks like a really good supportive and durable skate shoe? Anyone got any experiences? Kinda tempted to buy some used ones for cheap

They’re pretty good, I bought some breds for full retail so only skated a few times in them. But they are supportive, comfortable, have a great scoop and heelflips feel good in them. If you like thicker skate shoes go for it. Only draw backs are that the flick takes some to get used to and they aren’t the gripiest but overall they’re a solid shoe to skate in

Scott Chegg

« Reply #565 on: February 03, 2021, 02:31:12 PM »

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2226
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #566 on: February 04, 2021, 10:42:51 AM »
I've never skated the Royal Techque, but from checking them out at stores, the sole feels almost too soft for me. But I'm sure they are skateable.

Clubs have the perfect thickness of sole for me. Cushy and kinda thick but are definitely skateable without tons of breaking in.

Workout soles feel way too hard to skate for me, but people obviously do it. If you can skate Jordan 4s I'm sure you can probably skate Workouts.

The Club is basically a perfect sole to me though.

Ol Nick

• Rep: 101
« Reply #567 on: February 04, 2021, 04:57:18 PM »
I wanna get some reeboks which ones do you guys recommend club Cs or workouts?

These look pretty good too:
https://www.reebok.co.uk/reebok-royal-techque/FZ1003.html

https://www.reebok.co.uk/reebok-royal-techque-t-ce-shoes/FX0727.html

https://www.reebok.co.uk/reebok-royal-complete-3.0-low-shoes/DV6731.html
Although I haven’t skated the workouts, I have a pair of leather/gum Club Cs in rotation right now and really like them. The insoles are nice but not squishy, the outsoles grip fine and wear slower than most of my other shoes. The only issue I have is that the ankle opening is a bit wide so to really lock in I use the second hole at the top to do the runner lacing. This exposes more lace at the top which is an area that I tend to get a lot of grip tape wear.
I only skate prime numbers, so it's either 53s or 59s, feast or famine

Scott Chegg

« Reply #568 on: February 08, 2021, 12:43:27 AM »
Ended up getting some Stan smiths, and I just remembered I had some workout pros and they kept toppling over and ripped too fast, so I think Stan smiths could’ve been the better choice but we’ll see

switchfrontshuv

• Rep: 48
« Reply #569 on: February 09, 2021, 08:39:40 PM »
Although I haven’t skated the workouts, I have a pair of leather/gum Club Cs in rotation right now and really like them. The insoles are nice but not squishy, the outsoles grip fine and wear slower than most of my other shoes. The only issue I have is that the ankle opening is a bit wide so to really lock in I use the second hole at the top to do the runner lacing. This exposes more lace at the top which is an area that I tend to get a lot of grip tape wear.

I have no issues with heel lock on club c's, maybe it has to do with foot shape