Author Topic: Non Skate Shoes Good For Skating Thread  (Read 123854 times)

dilbert1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 139
Re: Non Skate Shoes Good For Skating Thread
« Reply #600 on: March 06, 2021, 01:16:29 PM »
Damn! Lots of dope one's in that mix. I find Puma Suedes to be pretty floppy but that color is so nice. Where are you finding those Reeboks?

Frequent searching on depop, mercari, poshmark, ebay. The white/gum club workout, brown/black club c and grey/black puma were really hard to even search for, much less find for sale. Ordered the first two from UK/European depop sellers. From asking about where they find these shoes, it seems like a lot of the dopest colorways for Pumas, Reeboks, and lots of other shoes I like can be easily found in their home country's Champs and Footlocker equivalent.

goingapelikenigo

• Rep: 89
  • please don't be a hero
« Reply #601 on: March 06, 2021, 02:36:32 PM »
Been skating these OG Sambas. Not my favourite shoe I've ever skated but they were really fun. Definitely fun to cross those off the list of a shoe I always wanted to skate from back in the day but never did. They're pretty slim for anyone out there looking for a slimmer cupsole. Personally I like my shoes a little thicker nowadays (but not OG Accel/Lynx "#bringbackthepuff" thicc. Fuck that shit.)

The Sambas were getting pretty juicy but I was kind of feeling in a rut lately so needed something to spice me up so skated these Workout Clubs I have last night. Definitely like them better than the Sambas as far as feel and shape. The Club sole is really really good. A perfect cupsole. So I think I might retire the Sambas and just stick to the Boks.

The Sambas look sooooo good.

Richard Skidder

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 452
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #602 on: March 08, 2021, 05:18:31 PM »

Saucony Jazz Court
I’m kind of into this colorway. Looks like it will skate well.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #603 on: March 09, 2021, 10:16:08 AM »

Saucony Jazz Court

zero percent plastic as well.

https://fashionunited.com/en/news/fashion/saucony-originals-launch-zero-percent-plastic-shoe/2021030338606
good come sausage

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #604 on: March 09, 2021, 11:15:50 AM »
those biodegradable ones are sick.

there's also normal ones that look even better to skate in:

cky enthusiast

« Reply #605 on: March 09, 2021, 05:10:23 PM »

Saucony Jazz Court

these look dope

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2228
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #606 on: March 09, 2021, 05:44:56 PM »
Daaaaaaaaamn those Jazz Courts look so sick! Very hyped on those.

I skated some Saucony Hang Times a bit back in the late 00's and they felt super good but were a half size too big for me so didn't skate them more than a few sessions.

Also skated some vulcanized SK8-Hi look alike Sauconys I got in Japan back then too. They weren't great but they were fun to skate.

Here's the Hangtimes I skated:

And the other ones from Japan were called Master Hi Toppo (not kidding) and are these exact shoes, only with a gold logo no the side:

I actually have another pair of those high tops in my basement that I've barely worn because I bought two pair when I was in Japan.

Super stoked on those Jazz Courts though. I'll have to keep my eye out for a cheap pair. If anyone sees some, let me know.

drinny

• Rep: 22
« Reply #607 on: March 10, 2021, 03:43:05 AM »
Honestly tempted to try the Club C’s how’s the cushioning/midsole really?

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1065
« Reply #608 on: March 10, 2021, 05:16:47 AM »

For me the club c is a decent shoe. The soles are kind of clunky and the board feel could be better, but since it’s not a skate shoe it’s forgiven. A lot of cushion in sole. The upper stitch goes pretty quick but some shoe goo and your good

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #609 on: March 10, 2021, 05:40:17 AM »

Some of them have a cushy foam midsole, but most of them seem to have no foam, and I don't know if there is even a model name that they use to make a distinction between the two versions. You can see the difference in the photos below. On the top ones (Bronze collab), you can see the black foam in the midsole; but in the bottom ones, you can see it's the same harder gum rubber as the outsole. When it's a white or black sole, it's pretty much impossible to tell from a photo which version you're getting.

drinny

• Rep: 22
« Reply #610 on: March 10, 2021, 07:06:51 AM »
Cheers for info... just miss and looking for that classic 90’s Accel cup sole feel of no pain (neither of the reissues fit right, slims are a joke) in a UK 4 (ha) Looking for something longer-term for when I’m finally done with the stack of Suciu ADV II (lifesavers).

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #611 on: March 10, 2021, 08:57:03 AM »
I've never seen Clubs with rubber in the midsole. We have 5 colour ways on our shoe wall right now and they all have foam.

Personally I find the sole on the Clubs to be one of the comfiest soles I've ever had. Don't seem clunky to me and board feel is good. For reference, they are definitely thicker and cushier than an Accel Slim (I skated that sole on the Sal reissues and they almost felt thinner than Vulcs), but not as thick as an Accel OG. To be honest I don't find the Accel OG sole to be comfortable at all. The rubber feels too thick. Club is easily one of my favourite cupsoles ever.

Reebok Club
Adidas Campus / Superstar
Puma Suede

All amazing cupsoles in order of thickest to thinnest.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #612 on: March 16, 2021, 08:00:18 PM »
Reebok site has an extra 40% off shoes that are already on sale with code SPRING. I tried it on the Canada website, I'm assuming it applies to the US website as well.

I didn't find anything I was into, but probably find some cheap Clubs or something skateable if you're not picky about colours. Workout Clubs are $42 with free shipping in Canada.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 08:12:34 PM by Watson »

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1373
« Reply #613 on: March 30, 2021, 05:53:08 PM »
Has anyone skated the Nike Court Royale 2s? Lows or Mids, preferably Mids

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #614 on: March 31, 2021, 02:39:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Some of them have a cushy foam midsole, but most of them seem to have no foam, and I don't know if there is even a model name that they use to make a distinction between the two versions. You can see the difference in the photos below. On the top ones (Bronze collab), you can see the black foam in the midsole; but in the bottom ones, you can see it's the same harder gum rubber as the outsole. When it's a white or black sole, it's pretty much impossible to tell from a photo which version you're getting.

I'm like 99% sure that it's just a foam in the same color of the outsole and not all rubber like you're saying.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #615 on: March 31, 2021, 05:40:22 AM »
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here, but I swear that many (if not most) Club C's have no foam there, and I haven't been able to pin down a model name or any other distinction to determine which is which. My source on this is the highly scientific method of seeing them in stores and poking my thumbnail into them to see how hard they are.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #616 on: March 31, 2021, 06:10:16 AM »
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here, but I swear that many (if not most) Club C's have no foam there, and I haven't been able to pin down a model name or any other distinction to determine which is which. My source on this is the highly scientific method of seeing them in stores and poking my thumbnail into them to see how hard they are.

I went to check the only pair I have and its definitely like how I said, The foam is just the same color as the rubber. But yeah, not like a super soft foam, more on the dense side.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

stets

• Rep: 106
« Reply #617 on: March 31, 2021, 12:17:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I went to check the only pair I have and its definitely like how I said, The foam is just the same color as the rubber. But yeah, not like a super soft foam, more on the dense side.

Just like hard "cut and buff" EVA foam wedge that's exposed in the midfoot, right? It's wild to see it in that gum color... I feel like I only see EVA like that in white or black, assumed there were production limitations for matching a specific Pantone color or something!
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

chris.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 184

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #619 on: April 02, 2021, 10:22:12 AM »
I have the Ralph Sampson Lows on deck for my next skate shoes after I'm done these Workout Clubs. I haven't skated them yet but can definitely say from walking around in them they'll skate good. My homie in LA bought a pair of the white lows and skated them and said they were good.

For that price if you like high top cupsoles I would say 100% you should get them.

ballintoohard

« Reply #620 on: April 02, 2021, 12:44:37 PM »
If I really like Jordan 1's with an SB insole, what's the closest other non-skating shoe?

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1156
  • old and in the way
« Reply #621 on: April 02, 2021, 01:48:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

those Bronze black/gum Club Cs are so lovely
is Reebok going forward with a skate program?

venture5.8

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #622 on: April 09, 2021, 07:40:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Been skating these OG Sambas. Not my favourite shoe I've ever skated but they were really fun. Definitely fun to cross those off the list of a shoe I always wanted to skate from back in the day but never did. They're pretty slim for anyone out there looking for a slimmer cupsole. Personally I like my shoes a little thicker nowadays (but not OG Accel/Lynx "#bringbackthepuff" thicc. Fuck that shit.)

The Sambas were getting pretty juicy but I was kind of feeling in a rut lately so needed something to spice me up so skated these Workout Clubs I have last night. Definitely like them better than the Sambas as far as feel and shape. The Club sole is really really good. A perfect cupsole. So I think I might retire the Sambas and just stick to the Boks.

[close]

The Sambas look sooooo good.

I just started skating a pair of workout clubs the other day and it reminds me of skating Nike gatos for some reason. Maybe because the sole gets narrow around the middle

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #623 on: April 10, 2021, 06:30:53 PM »
Another question - Anyone skated the Reebok Royal Techque T?

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #624 on: April 11, 2021, 03:55:40 PM »

Yup. Basically just a Club C with a thinner sole. The toecap is ever so slightly different. The sole doesn't last too long but it has better board feel than the Club C.

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #625 on: April 11, 2021, 08:04:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yup. Basically just a Club C with a thinner sole. The toecap is ever so slightly different. The sole doesn't last too long but it has better board feel than the Club C.

Many thanks!

left knee cap

• Rep: 118
  • $$$$
« Reply #626 on: April 13, 2021, 12:36:25 AM »
throwing more reeboks into the mix, anyone ever try the BB 4600? looks a bit too high for a hi-top but looks like a promising shoe.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #627 on: April 13, 2021, 01:06:27 AM »
throwing more reeboks into the mix, anyone ever try the BB 4600? looks a bit too high for a hi-top but looks like a promising shoe.

I don’t have those, but I have the low ones (bb4000) in the Dime colorway and they feel like they would skate amazing. It’s kind of a slightly more padded club C.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1065
« Reply #628 on: April 13, 2021, 12:33:39 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I don’t have those, but I have the low ones (bb4000) in the Dime colorway and they feel like they would skate amazing. It’s kind of a slightly more padded club C.

Came across these skate specific BB4500 (low tops) on sale for $35
 https://www.6pm.com/product/9454059/color/889166

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #629 on: April 19, 2021, 05:55:45 AM »