Author Topic: Non Skate Shoes Good For Skating Thread  (Read 124105 times)

Vinz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -11
  • bam margera biggest fan
Re: Non Skate Shoes Good For Skating Thread
« Reply #630 on: April 19, 2021, 06:06:15 AM »

The bio of this post says that the shoes are made for skateboarding

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1071
« Reply #631 on: April 19, 2021, 06:42:21 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Not fucking bad Clarks, looks like it's a youth-only shoe though.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #632 on: April 19, 2021, 07:06:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
Not fucking bad Clarks, looks like it's a youth-only shoe though.

finally, eli get on it

WavyDavy

• Rep: 128
« Reply #633 on: April 19, 2021, 07:32:37 AM »
Has anyone skated the puma c-skate?

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 491
« Reply #634 on: April 19, 2021, 07:49:24 AM »

regular nike drop type premium. found these at the local nike outlet. as close as possible to the allcourt CKs, and for 30 bucks i could not resist. curious how they will skate especially compared to the nike sb allcourt cory kennedy, that i'm skating currently. yeah, they indeed look like some kind of goofy boxing shoes.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 07:57:34 AM by somethingmustbreaknow »

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #635 on: April 19, 2021, 07:57:26 AM »

regular nike drop type premium. found these at the local nike outlet. as close as possible to the allcourt CKs, and for 30 bucks i could not resist. curious how they will skate especially compared to the nike sb allcourt cory kennedy, that i'm skating currently.
Are yours's all leather?

I have these but they're like full nylon or something. Would never skate them. Also, the exposed tongue padding seems like a mess waiting to happen.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 491
« Reply #636 on: April 19, 2021, 08:17:40 AM »
yeah according to the box and some internet sources they appear to be leather.
however, i am not sure how well they will hold up and how the tongue is going to
hold up. i bought them to skate them, will report back when i do, how they're like.

Ol Nick

• Rep: 101
« Reply #637 on: April 19, 2021, 10:21:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
throwing more reeboks into the mix, anyone ever try the BB 4600? looks a bit too high for a hi-top but looks like a promising shoe.

[close]

I don’t have those, but I have the low ones (bb4000) in the Dime colorway and they feel like they would skate amazing. It’s kind of a slightly more padded club C.
[close]

Came across these skate specific BB4500 (low tops) on sale for $35
 https://www.6pm.com/product/9454059/color/889166
This link is hilarious and did not get the attention it deserved.
I only skate prime numbers, so it's either 53s or 59s, feast or famine

numagik

• Rep: 35
« Reply #638 on: April 19, 2021, 10:32:58 AM »
pretty good deal too tbh

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2203
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #639 on: April 19, 2021, 11:46:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
throwing more reeboks into the mix, anyone ever try the BB 4600? looks a bit too high for a hi-top but looks like a promising shoe.

[close]

I don’t have those, but I have the low ones (bb4000) in the Dime colorway and they feel like they would skate amazing. It’s kind of a slightly more padded club C.
[close]

Two things...
1st: The BB4600s are super chill, padded ride, if you don’t mind a little bulk. Li’l bit high, yeah, but so comfy. That’s my pair of pennies on ‘em.
#B: That link, tho... You totally got me. ;)

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -196
« Reply #640 on: April 19, 2021, 08:53:53 PM »
Expand Quote

regular nike drop type premium. found these at the local nike outlet. as close as possible to the allcourt CKs, and for 30 bucks i could not resist. curious how they will skate especially compared to the nike sb allcourt cory kennedy, that i'm skating currently.
[close]
Are yours's all leather?

I have these but they're like full nylon or something. Would never skate them. Also, the exposed tongue padding seems like a mess waiting to happen.

Yeah the ones at my outlet ate nylon or I would've grabbed them. They made me look inwas so excited until.i got closer to them smh

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #641 on: May 07, 2021, 07:05:56 AM »
Adidas taking the Blondey clear-tpu treatment to its non-skate line

switchfrontshuv

• Rep: 48
« Reply #642 on: May 09, 2021, 03:35:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
Two things...
1st: The BB4600s are super chill, padded ride, if you don’t mind a little bulk. Li’l bit high, yeah, but so comfy. That’s my pair of pennies on ‘em.
#B: That link, tho... You totally got me. ;)

does the sole take forever to start flexing like the club c's? I swear board feel doesnt exist first 3 sessions on club c's

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2237
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #643 on: May 09, 2021, 09:35:49 AM »
Really? I think the Club sole is good to go right out of the box. And I spent the majority of the last 15 years skating vulcs.

Just twist the sole around and work that shit in as soon as you get them.

TheCrimsonShroud

• Rep: 98
« Reply #644 on: May 09, 2021, 11:52:33 AM »
I had some money from a Nike return and decided to finally get some Club Cs. Got the legacy ones with the see through outsole. My wife didn’t like em but meh. I’m gonna chill em for a few days then probably skate them. The ones I got have some suede patches on trouble spots.

jsettle

• Rep: 134
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #645 on: May 09, 2021, 07:19:52 PM »
https://www.adidas.com/us/hoops-2.0-mid-shoes/FW8252.html

was wondering about these to skate. they have my size for 50 bucks. high top cupsole shoe. looks sort of like the newish high top NB shoe that tom knox had a colorway for.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #646 on: May 09, 2021, 08:49:48 PM »
I had some money from a Nike return and decided to finally get some Club Cs. Got the legacy ones with the see through outsole. My wife didn’t like em but meh. I’m gonna chill em for a few days then probably skate them. The ones I got have some suede patches on trouble spots.

The club c soles start off pretty clunky IMO. I bought old DGK club Cs off eBay to see if they’re any different. I’m currently skating the club c legacy. I made a post about it the the shoes you’re wearing thread. The shirt of it is they feel just like the regular ones, but the suede and rubber near the toe is a welcome upgrade.

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #647 on: May 10, 2021, 08:25:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The club c soles start off pretty clunky IMO. I bought old DGK club Cs off eBay to see if they’re any different. I’m currently skating the club c legacy. I made a post about it the the shoes you’re wearing thread. The shirt of it is they feel just like the regular ones, but the suede and rubber near the toe is a welcome upgrade.

I actually bought them because of your posts about them. I’ve wanted some Club Cs for a while and saw (I think it was) you post in the Shit I Bought thread, and then the Shoes You’re Wearing and thought the soles looked hot as shit.

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #648 on: May 11, 2021, 07:54:07 AM »
Found some off white, recycled materials Reebok Royal Techque T's at Winners yesterday. They appear to be made of felt and nylon (though the description says leather) so probably just chillers. Got em' for $39 instead of $49 because the felt toe on each had a tiny discoloration from someone with dirty hands holding them most likely. They sure look dope though.

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #649 on: May 11, 2021, 08:01:41 AM »
Found some off white, recycled materials Reebok Royal Techque T's at Winners yesterday. They appear to be made of felt and nylon (though the description says leather) so probably just chillers. Got em' for $39 instead of $49 because the felt toe on each had a tiny discoloration from someone with dirty hands holding them most likely. They sure look dope though.

I’ve always had a hard-on for Boks and 90s nostalgia can only account for so much of it. Going over this thread has been sort of revelatory though, because I now realize that Reebok has the cleanest looking whites.

Spunkchild

• Rep: 38
  • Big gal
« Reply #650 on: May 12, 2021, 06:15:06 PM »
got these ugly suns of bitches on ebayfor 40 bucks shipped. I love skating the ZX shoes
I have bad taste and I smell like fetta cheese

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2203
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #651 on: May 14, 2021, 02:02:56 PM »
Who got a size 8 hoof & wanna be rolling in some Club C 85 RAD editions?
$35 obo, + ship, I’d bet you can get them to your doorstep for $40 or less.
Peep...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/333724040679

Edit: even cheaper, same size, still new.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/124335998438

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

MotoPancakes

• Rep: 7
« Reply #652 on: May 15, 2021, 02:18:18 AM »
Been skating Puma Suedes for about a month now and are actually amazing, becoming one of my favs. Sole definitely wears out quickly though.

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #653 on: May 16, 2021, 06:40:40 PM »
laced up these vegan Sambas for the first time today. Doesn't seem like the materials will hold up great but they're super fun to skate.

Been going through a bit of a shoe crisis lately and decided I'd like to skate mostly non-skate models again for a while. Spezials are in my top 5 of all time so I'll probably grab a pair of those next. Wish I could skate Reeboks but I'm awkwardly between sizes in a way that ends up being frustrating. 

wheee!

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2237
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #654 on: May 17, 2021, 04:32:00 PM »
Been skating Puma Suedes for about a month now and are actually amazing, becoming one of my favs. Sole definitely wears out quickly though.

Puma really did inadvertently make the best skate shoe of all time with that one.

Tuque, that colour is cool! I really liked skating my Sambas too. Honestly I don't think the materials last too long on the non-vegan versions either but I'm here for a good time, not a long time baby!

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #655 on: May 17, 2021, 05:27:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Puma really did inadvertently make the best skate shoe of all time with that one.

Puma suedes, really?! They have those at Winners all the time and they feel ridiculously thin and cheap. Like you could twist them in a full 360. Is that maybe why you like them so much? They must require a lot of shoe goo. Seems like the sole would wear through pretty quick too, it’s so soft. Classics, though.

Fhk

« Reply #656 on: May 17, 2021, 05:32:28 PM »
laced up these vegan Sambas for the first time today. Doesn't seem like the materials will hold up great but they're super fun to skate.

Been going through a bit of a shoe crisis lately and decided I'd like to skate mostly non-skate models again for a while. Spezials are in my top 5 of all time so I'll probably grab a pair of those next. Wish I could skate Reeboks but I'm awkwardly between sizes in a way that ends up being frustrating.
What you got going on here is dope bud.

Doom patrol

• Rep: 70
« Reply #657 on: May 23, 2021, 06:37:29 AM »
On a mission this year to skate through some of the shoes I have but don't really ever wear instead of buying new shoes specially to skate.
I'm skating some fake Jordan 1 lows my boss bought in Thailand, wore once and then gave to me at the moment and am stoked on them so far. Not sure how long they will hold up but the price was right.
Next are some Michael Chang court victory Reebok pumps, no idea how they will skate or if they will just fall apart instantly after 10years in my cupboard but what the hell, I never wear them anyway.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #658 on: May 23, 2021, 07:10:44 AM »
On a mission this year to skate through some of the shoes I have but don't really ever wear instead of buying new shoes specially to skate.
I'm skating some fake Jordan 1 lows my boss bought in Thailand, wore once and then gave to me at the moment and am stoked on them so far. Not sure how long they will hold up but the price was right.
Next are some Michael Chang court victory Reebok pumps, no idea how they will skate or if they will just fall apart instantly after 10years in my cupboard but what the hell, I never wear them anyway.

yeah that's sick that you try to skate them at least. i have a ton of old non skate shoes that i try to skate occasionally. but the last time i tried to skate my old converse pro leathers for example it made my feet hurt because the soles are so stiff now. but those are 20 years old after all. i guess there's limits. i have a pair of emerica echos, a 97 model, that i got 99 when i was 14. i think they were too big back then and they still are a little bit, but since they are pretty puff i sometimes take walks in them but they suffer from the same problem.

i have some non skate dunks at my parents house that i always want to skate to shit but also always forget to take with me whenever i visit.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #659 on: May 23, 2021, 09:48:29 AM »

For whatever reason lately I'm really tempted to skate some Sambas but not sure about which ones.
OG which looks good, some classics with a MASSIVE tongue and just Sambas which look a little odd.
Anybody has experience about this?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.