Author Topic: Non Skate Shoes Good For Skating Thread  (Read 124578 times)

Sk.A.T.A.N

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
Re: Non Skate Shoes Good For Skating Thread
« Reply #660 on: May 23, 2021, 10:17:40 AM »
Expand Quote
laced up these vegan Sambas for the first time today. Doesn't seem like the materials will hold up great but they're super fun to skate.

Been going through a bit of a shoe crisis lately and decided I'd like to skate mostly non-skate models again for a while. Spezials are in my top 5 of all time so I'll probably grab a pair of those next. Wish I could skate Reeboks but I'm awkwardly between sizes in a way that ends up being frustrating.
[close]
For whatever reason lately I'm really tempted to skate some Sambas but not sure about which ones.
OG which looks good, some classics with a MASSIVE tongue and just Sambas which look a little odd.
Anybody has experience about this?

OG’s are the ones you want:

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Out with the old, in with the new. Insane that i tore through the gustav tonessen sambas in under a month but regular ones lasted me over 3.
[close]
where are you buying these from? How are they different than the OG samba with the blue tag on the tongue?
[close]

I scooped up both pairs for 18 each iirc, at an adidas outlet in new hampshire. Box says samba classic
[close]

Those are the common carry over sambas, the one that sells on more comercial shops and its a bit cheaper and easier to find... The shape is not as good IMO tho.

The OG version has the shorter tongue, better materials and shape.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

ManimalChin

• Rep: 22
« Reply #661 on: May 23, 2021, 10:26:40 AM »
throwing more reeboks into the mix, anyone ever try the BB 4600? looks a bit too high for a hi-top but looks like a promising shoe.

The BB4500s are more mid and great for skating. They are cheap in price and material, but they do last. They just aren't the most comfortable, but definitely supportive. I love them for skating.

Cheshire Cat

• Rep: 64
« Reply #662 on: May 24, 2021, 01:48:36 AM »
Bought and skated a pair of Nike Tiempo and they are skate just like I thought they would.
They are an old shoe and I bought them broken in but hardly worn, the leather is nice and soft and adds to the board feel more so than the old and slightly hardened rubber outsole.

I bought my regular size in Nikes and if anything they fit perfectly with a little bit of room.

Now that I have them though, I don't want to beat them up from skating in them so I need to get something similar for a main skate shoe.
The madness continues.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #663 on: May 24, 2021, 10:10:13 AM »

Speaking of adidas shoes that are/look great for skating.
The Sobakov p94 looks incredible ...

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
« Reply #664 on: May 27, 2021, 11:13:45 AM »

Damn those look pretty tight!
The chillest1

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • <3
« Reply #665 on: May 27, 2021, 11:14:18 AM »

Would you?
The chillest1

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 504
« Reply #666 on: May 27, 2021, 11:29:33 AM »

i actually have a few pairs of these in the all black and they are great for the price. very light shoe too, but doesn't breathe worth a damn in my experience. 100% replace the stock insole too

chris.

• Rep: 184
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #667 on: May 28, 2021, 07:19:34 PM »
I’ve been sitting on an Amazon gift card, keeping an eye out for a high top cupsole. Just came across some Adidas Pro Models for under $50, pretty stoked.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 03:15:00 AM by chris. »

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2248
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #668 on: May 28, 2021, 07:53:45 PM »

Would you?

Not those ones, but 100% would skate some OG Simples if I could find some for cheap. Actually have done quite a bit of looking.

Awhile ago we were emailing Simple about carrying them at our shop but it didn't end up happening. Knew they wouldn't sell but didn't care ahaha.

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • <3
« Reply #669 on: May 29, 2021, 08:33:23 PM »
Expand Quote

Would you?
[close]

Not those ones, but 100% would skate some OG Simples if I could find some for cheap. Actually have done quite a bit of looking.

Awhile ago we were emailing Simple about carrying them at our shop but it didn't end up happening. Knew they wouldn't sell but didn't care ahaha.

I had a pair of the OG Simple's back when I was like 8 or 9. I peaked as a child.
The chillest1

Bigwheelbite

• Rep: -162
« Reply #670 on: June 03, 2021, 02:59:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Found some off white, recycled materials Reebok Royal Techque T's at Winners yesterday. They appear to be made of felt and nylon (though the description says leather) so probably just chillers. Got em' for $39 instead of $49 because the felt toe on each had a tiny discoloration from someone with dirty hands holding them most likely. They sure look dope though.

[close]

I’ve always had a hard-on for Boks and 90s nostalgia can only account for so much of it. Going over this thread has been sort of revelatory though, because I now realize that Reebok has the cleanest looking whites.

These look dope - have you skated em yet? Review pls ;)

Bigwheelbite

• Rep: -162
« Reply #671 on: June 03, 2021, 02:59:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Found some off white, recycled materials Reebok Royal Techque T's at Winners yesterday. They appear to be made of felt and nylon (though the description says leather) so probably just chillers. Got em' for $39 instead of $49 because the felt toe on each had a tiny discoloration from someone with dirty hands holding them most likely. They sure look dope though.

[close]

I’ve always had a hard-on for Boks and 90s nostalgia can only account for so much of it. Going over this thread has been sort of revelatory though, because I now realize that Reebok has the cleanest looking whites.
[close]

These look dope - have you skated em yet? Review pls ;)
Wondering how they hold up after say 50 kickflips...

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #672 on: June 03, 2021, 10:49:30 PM »
anyone on here ever skated munich - grescia's?
they're indoor football/Futsal shoes, which usually convert pretty well.

some of the colour schemes seem to be made up by some executives toddler but I'm kinda into it

one of the more conservative colourways;

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2210
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #673 on: June 06, 2021, 08:57:59 AM »
These just arrived the other day.
Haven’t taken them out for a sesh yet, but I am assume they are just as nice to ride in as my prior two pairs.
Get ‘em on sale like I did & that’s dollar$ well spent on some shreddy hoof covers.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 04:27:05 PM by Lou Strux »

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #674 on: June 06, 2021, 04:55:08 PM »
Nice, Club C's are always a good choice. Just got a little hole in my Club Workouts, I'll post up a pic later.

I was talking to a friend who's high up at NB Numeric and was telling him they should add the BB480 to the skate line because it's a decent substitute for Dunks for people who can't get their hands on Dunks to skate and he sent me some to try out to let him know how they are.

Haven't had a session in them yet, but just walking around in them and standing on my board I can tell you that they're for sure good for skating. They feel really good I'm stoked on them. Except the logo on the side was patent leather and I can't get down with that so I popped the N's off each shoe, threw out the patent, and glued the bottom N back on to the opposite shoes. I think they turned out really dope.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #675 on: June 06, 2021, 06:23:24 PM »
Nice, Club C's are always a good choice. Just got a little hole in my Club Workouts, I'll post up a pic later.

I was talking to a friend who's high up at NB Numeric and was telling him they should add the BB480 to the skate line because it's a decent substitute for Dunks for people who can't get their hands on Dunks to skate and he sent me some to try out to let him know how they are.

Haven't had a session in them yet, but just walking around in them and standing on my board I can tell you that they're for sure good for skating. They feel really good I'm stoked on them. Except the logo on the side was patent leather and I can't get down with that so I popped the N's off each shoe, threw out the patent, and glued the bottom N back on to the opposite shoes. I think they turned out really dope.

Wasn’t aware of this model but I would definitely buy a skate version. Could definitely have some great colorways on it too. Would be sick if they added more padding to the tongue and the collar area.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2210
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #676 on: June 07, 2021, 11:25:13 PM »

I would for sure fuck with those things!
@Watson, your “aesthetic” adjustment improved the visuals of the shoe considerably, IMO.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

TheCrimsonShroud

• Rep: 98
« Reply #677 on: June 08, 2021, 05:40:43 AM »

Like Dunks/AF1 but don’t like trashing rare, $100+ shoes? Get some Ebernons. Got these for like $40 on sale and they’re great for cruising and hitting curbs and shit.

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #679 on: June 08, 2021, 06:40:50 AM »
https://www.nike.com/t/court-vision-low-shoe-4G3ZFr/CD5463-100?nikemt=true&cp=18687622652_search_%7CPRODUCT_GROUP%7CGOOGLE%7C71700000071397494%7CAll_X_X_X_X-Device_X_Nike-LongWoH_X%7C%7Cc&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIx5Owv5OI8QIVyAaICR3_ZA1OEAQYAiABEgKEEfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

these look like the Eberons, but the question is the sole, is it more like af1 or dunk like
Those likely replaced the Ebernons. In my experience it's just the AF1 sole. So board feel is non-existent, but grip is okay and pop is fine once you get used to being an inch taller.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #680 on: June 08, 2021, 06:52:14 AM »
Both those use the same outsole unit. It’s also nowhere near as thick as AF1 sole, they probably flex and skate just fine tbh, like any other basic court/basketball silhouette.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #681 on: June 08, 2021, 07:49:15 AM »
Both those use the same outsole unit. It’s also nowhere near as thick as AF1 sole, they probably flex and skate just fine tbh, like any other basic court/basketball silhouette.
Yeah, that's probably the way to describe it. They don't skate amazing, but they're very comfortable, really durable, and a great value.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1113
« Reply #682 on: June 08, 2021, 08:06:38 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
@Watson, your “aesthetic” adjustment improved the visuals of the shoe considerably, IMO.

Agree looks better.
Shits must not sell all that well, but I do not understand how a leather ‘court shoe’ (club c, dunk, aj1, this here nb shoe) aren’t in every lineup, they just work. Looks like a shoe. Perfect. Fucking shoe industry spends hella money outsmarting us.
I love this thread

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #683 on: June 08, 2021, 08:47:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Agree looks better.
Shits must not sell all that well, but I do not understand how a leather ‘court shoe’ (club c, dunk, aj1, this here nb shoe) aren’t in every lineup, they just work. Looks like a shoe. Perfect. Fucking shoe industry spends hella money outsmarting us.
I love this thread
I'd 100% cop a pair in white with the black N

Safariferrari

• Rep: 42
« Reply #684 on: June 08, 2021, 10:44:34 AM »
club c mids

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

IpathCats

« Reply #686 on: June 09, 2021, 08:03:52 PM »
Expand Quote
throwing more reeboks into the mix, anyone ever try the BB 4600? looks a bit too high for a hi-top but looks like a promising shoe.

[close]

The BB4500s are more mid and great for skating. They are cheap in price and material, but they do last. They just aren't the most comfortable, but definitely supportive. I love them for skating.

I've tried these and the 4600. Both decent for skating if you can get them cheap. Slap some thin footprint insoles in there and you'll love them.

Edit: just to add on, both pairs did take a WHILE to break in. You can microwave them since there's no metal though. 45 seconds to a minute at a time, lace em up tight and walk around in them. Also, they  are made with pretty low quality materials, and my flick definitely suffered once they were very worn, but I just had to use more foot for flip tricks.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 08:16:23 PM by IpathCats »

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #687 on: June 10, 2021, 01:36:54 PM »
it's time for a seperate reebok thread

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #688 on: June 10, 2021, 05:23:56 PM »
it's time for a seperate reebok thread
Just make this the Reebok thread at this point lol.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #689 on: June 14, 2021, 10:02:07 AM »
Ahaha I don't think the thread gets posted in enough to split into two. Besides, half the shoes on this page aren't even Reeboks.

In other news, the BB480s skate good. Learned two new tricks in them first session and I'm old.