Author Topic: Non Skate Shoes Good For Skating Thread  (Read 122672 times)

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Non Skate Shoes Good For Skating Thread
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2018, 06:55:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm skating a pair of the og Sambas with the floppy soccer tongue and they skate so well. The shape of the toe is perfect and the toecap is a layer of suede connected to leather by two rows of stitching, so they're not going to last.
[close]
Fixed
[close]
You're thinking of the skate version where they made it weaker than the original.
Wait... you're telling me the OG sambas' leather extends to the sole?!

fang

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2018, 07:24:01 AM »
Puma suede are some of the best of all time. I keep a pair around "just in case". I've got 2 purr of Reynolds G6, 2 purr of adidas busenitz pro (my feet hate these), and 1 purr of adidas busenitz vulc right now though. Although I think busenitz pro have been demoted to "not skating shoes" for me. Vulc are in the box waiting. Hope they don't hurt my feet. Anyway, what happened to the puma suede with the thick tongue? Got some in nz and they were boss

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2018, 08:10:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm skating a pair of the og Sambas with the floppy soccer tongue and they skate so well. The shape of the toe is perfect and the toecap is a layer of suede connected to leather by two rows of stitching, so they're not going to last.
[close]
Fixed
[close]
You're thinking of the skate version where they made it weaker than the original.
[close]
Jep

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2018, 08:18:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Jep
Damn, too bad the soles on mine are bricks. I love the sole on the ADV.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2018, 06:20:36 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzEJaUNig3c

That clip was fantastic, thanks for sharing.  Never saw that footage before or heard that song; style was so sick.  I kept waiting for the guitar to come in though. RIP Donnie Darko.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 763
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2018, 04:01:42 AM »
colorway on that new blazer reminds me of the shoe i posted here earlier, the blue one

[EDIT] cant really find a better picture quality thats embeddable but here's a link
https://www.naturalworldeco-shop.com/en_es/sport-suede-sneaker-6806.html#92=16

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2018, 07:23:02 AM »
colorway on that new blazer reminds me of the shoe i posted here earlier, the blue one

[EDIT] cant really find a better picture quality thats embeddable but here's a link

I might have pull the trigger and get some of these. It's only 5€ to ship to where I live. But I'm not sure about the quality.. Also they have vegan versions of some other models but none of them looked skatable..

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2018, 07:32:49 AM »
Did you guys ever try them? Are they durable? Just dip the toe in shoe goo or something else?

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2018, 08:00:45 AM »

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2018, 08:55:48 AM »
A few summers ago I was skating the shit out of the Nike Toki mid. Exact same vulc sole as what was on the Janoski and every other vulc SB offering.

heritage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2018, 09:03:51 AM »
Expand Quote
while it is Nike SB, anyone skate the Bruin max? Or the Janoski max? I guess they're technically not skate shoes but also are at the same time. I just bought both on sale, just for comfort shoes but I'm thinking the bruin might be a good shoe to skate. I like a thicker sole in general because I broke some of the small bones in my feet a few years ago and they hurt super bad whenever I land wrong.
[close]

i got a pair of Bruin maxes for the same reason a couple months ago and skated them probably 6 or 7 times even though i said i wouldn't. honestly, they're one of my favorite skate shoes in a while and i usually don't even like lowtops. i dont kno if the leather (at least mine are leather) will last long at all, but they skate amazing

On the new KOTR season is looks like Zion skates daily in the Bruin Max.

finecojeffe

• Rep: 126
    • Fine-Co avatar image
« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2018, 10:05:35 AM »
I have wound up skating the bruin max a few times. Mine are the suede ones, so the uppers are just fine. They're definitely comfortable. Only thing I don't like is how light the sole is, and it's not very grippy. I got used to it though.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -479
« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2018, 10:15:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
while it is Nike SB, anyone skate the Bruin max? Or the Janoski max? I guess they're technically not skate shoes but also are at the same time. I just bought both on sale, just for comfort shoes but I'm thinking the bruin might be a good shoe to skate. I like a thicker sole in general because I broke some of the small bones in my feet a few years ago and they hurt super bad whenever I land wrong.
[close]

i got a pair of Bruin maxes for the same reason a couple months ago and skated them probably 6 or 7 times even though i said i wouldn't. honestly, they're one of my favorite skate shoes in a while and i usually don't even like lowtops. i dont kno if the leather (at least mine are leather) will last long at all, but they skate amazing
[close]

He’s been skating those since am scramble last year . I feel like it might skate but it just adds to my feelings on Zion having no real style and is just a manufactured Nike skate drone. He’s the worst.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

daewonbong3000

• Rep: 10
« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2018, 10:33:52 AM »
A few summers ago I was skating the shit out of the Nike Toki mid. Exact same vulc sole as what was on the Janoski and every other vulc SB offering.

I think they made SB versions of these with lunarlon

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #75 on: September 01, 2018, 12:57:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Javier Sarmiento only skates Bruin Max nowadays.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 01:06:43 PM by alraunen »

quadcuff

• Rep: -5
« Reply #76 on: September 01, 2018, 02:07:38 PM »
shelltoes

IHOP

« Reply #77 on: September 01, 2018, 03:47:41 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbEc7oTt1Cs

https://kingpinmag.com/news/connor-kammerer-discusses-non-skate-shoes.html#c5eS3WkDGVMvtrpK.97

the kid from IC olan prennat skates jordans exclusively I think, and does some gnarly stuff in them too.

Pf flyers and chucks might as well be skate shoes, my favorite non skate shoes are reeboks though, most of the classics are real good.

hey pickle

« Reply #78 on: September 02, 2018, 03:33:13 AM »
love this thread. reeboks are the best. just got a pair of club c's and some filas OG's for a steal on footlocker, cant wait to skate em

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #79 on: September 03, 2018, 01:44:45 AM »
Yeah I second reeboks! The leather is really nice and soft for the price you pay..

Currently wearing reebok exofit hi's and somehow they remind me of dunk hi's in a good way.. They have a good slim toe box and protection in the ankle area..

There is no way I'll pay close to a hundred for shoe that I'm going to destroy in a couple of weeks... So this thread has been a inspiration foe me!

Also if you don't like to wear the same stuff everybody else wears like I don't there are far more greater and stylish options to choose from.. Diversify your bonds my pals..

jjenkins48

• Rep: 0
« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2018, 02:18:19 PM »
any suede pumas skate awesome
Jordan 1s
Jordan 3
I skated in some Air Force 1s and personally loved them

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #81 on: September 12, 2018, 02:34:26 PM »
Yeah I second reeboks! The leather is really nice and soft for the price you pay..

Currently wearing reebok exofit hi's and somehow they remind me of dunk hi's in a good way.. They have a good slim toe box and protection in the ankle area..

There is no way I'll pay close to a hundred for shoe that I'm going to destroy in a couple of weeks... So this thread has been a inspiration foe me!

Also if you don't like to wear the same stuff everybody else wears like I don't there are far more greater and stylish options to choose from.. Diversify your bonds my pals..

How doe the reebok clubs fit compared to some other common brands? Been eyeing them up for a while. Might go well with my mustache.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #82 on: September 12, 2018, 06:34:06 PM »
Anyone know where I find the all black PF Flyers for the low online and in a 10? I'm having one hell of a time.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #83 on: September 12, 2018, 07:08:26 PM »
I really like the look of these:

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #84 on: September 13, 2018, 12:50:05 PM »
I saw these the other day while browsing some Reebok Clubs. I like this old guy look. Matches how my body feels.

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 763
  • dog stuff
« Reply #85 on: September 14, 2018, 01:49:45 AM »

anyone ever skated campers?

got them second hand, 2,50 euro's
 dark gum,  red corduroy ones....
they actualy have a truck graphic on the bottom as if theyre some kinda skateboard shoe,
will report back when i get to skate them

swfs180

• Rep: 0
« Reply #86 on: October 29, 2018, 09:25:41 AM »
Nike “Big Nike” highs. I copped a black faux suede pair at a thrift store and they’ve lasted so long. Skate so good. I put emerica insoles in there tho. All around very similar to regular dunks or Jordan 1’s, but are less sought after so way less expensive :o

Jewlien Burford

« Reply #87 on: October 30, 2018, 04:02:17 PM »
Has anybody skated Adidas Munchens? Look like a Gazelle but with a Busentiz sole.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #88 on: October 31, 2018, 01:34:17 PM »
Has anybody skated Adidas Munchens? Look like a Gazelle but with a Busentiz sole.

Never skated them so I can't vouch for them 100% but based on this picture I vouch for them 100%

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1239
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #89 on: November 01, 2018, 04:09:42 PM »
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.