Author Topic: Non Skate Shoes Good For Skating Thread  (Read 122645 times)

funeral_tuxedo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
Re: Non Skate Shoes Good For Skating Thread
« Reply #570 on: February 10, 2021, 04:01:49 AM »
Anyone use regular adidas samba for skating? I have but not in 25 years so I can't remember how they were

I haven't skated them in long while but I remember them being comfortable to walk and bike in. For skating they were snug and grippy with good flex but the super thin soles and minimal padding made for extremely painful bails and my feets would ache from the impact. One of the most beautiful shoes ever though.

Ol Nick

• Rep: 101
« Reply #571 on: February 10, 2021, 06:29:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Although I haven’t skated the workouts, I have a pair of leather/gum Club Cs in rotation right now and really like them. The insoles are nice but not squishy, the outsoles grip fine and wear slower than most of my other shoes. The only issue I have is that the ankle opening is a bit wide so to really lock in I use the second hole at the top to do the runner lacing. This exposes more lace at the top which is an area that I tend to get a lot of grip tape wear.
[close]

I have no issues with heel lock on club c's, maybe it has to do with foot shape
Yeah, I think it has to do with where it hits on my ankle and the feel of the laces over my foot. Could also be that the leather on this pair started off a bit stiff but the heel lock has definitely improved as they’ve worn in a bit.

Not bad shape considering they’ve seen about half of my skating since the end of October. Also shout out to the sale gear thread; $27 shipped from some Reebok site clearance. I want a suede pair and am now also eyeing Emerica’s new Gammas on the off chance that they feel as similar as they look.

I only skate prime numbers, so it's either 53s or 59s, feast or famine

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2197
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #572 on: February 11, 2021, 09:56:11 AM »
Holy shit that colour is so good.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #573 on: February 12, 2021, 02:49:43 PM »

came up on these for 11 bucks at burlington, they’re knockoff puma classics. gonna skate the fuck out of them and report back.

(i also found some aggressive unbroken nylon pants in the same color. excited to rock these w/ a crop top in the warmer months)

Ol Nick

• Rep: 101
« Reply #574 on: February 12, 2021, 06:47:12 PM »

came up on these for 11 bucks at burlington, they’re knockoff puma classics. gonna skate the fuck out of them and report back.

(i also found some aggressive unbroken nylon pants in the same color. excited to rock these w/ a crop top in the warmer months)

Those are tight! You’re one green crewneck away from a sweet chroma key/green screen/greenman outfit.
I only skate prime numbers, so it's either 53s or 59s, feast or famine

cky enthusiast

« Reply #575 on: February 12, 2021, 06:57:16 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Those are tight! You’re one green crewneck away from a sweet chroma key/green screen/greenman outfit.

i have an eagles jersey and i’m already planning the line i want to film in it. i meant to write “umbro”, unbroken is a typo

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #576 on: February 24, 2021, 08:41:56 AM »
Been skating these OG Sambas. Not my favourite shoe I've ever skated but they were really fun. Definitely fun to cross those off the list of a shoe I always wanted to skate from back in the day but never did. They're pretty slim for anyone out there looking for a slimmer cupsole. Personally I like my shoes a little thicker nowadays (but not OG Accel/Lynx "#bringbackthepuff" thicc. Fuck that shit.)

The Sambas were getting pretty juicy but I was kind of feeling in a rut lately so needed something to spice me up so skated these Workout Clubs I have last night. Definitely like them better than the Sambas as far as feel and shape. The Club sole is really really good. A perfect cupsole. So I think I might retire the Sambas and just stick to the Boks.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #577 on: February 24, 2021, 10:26:15 AM »
Been skating these OG Sambas. Not my favourite shoe I've ever skated but they were really fun. Definitely fun to cross those off the list of a shoe I always wanted to skate from back in the day but never did. They're pretty slim for anyone out there looking for a slimmer cupsole. Personally I like my shoes a little thicker nowadays (but not OG Accel/Lynx "#bringbackthepuff" thicc. Fuck that shit.)

The Sambas were getting pretty juicy but I was kind of feeling in a rut lately so needed something to spice me up so skated these Workout Clubs I have last night. Definitely like them better than the Sambas as far as feel and shape. The Club sole is really really good. A perfect cupsole. So I think I might retire the Sambas and just stick to the Boks.

Both look sick.
I was thinking about getting sambas for a decent vegan shoe. I’d probably end up skating em, but I remember that they were painful to skate in.
The clubs just look perfect. Somehow I’ve never had them. Definitely skated the nylon classics way back when. For like 10 minutes.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #578 on: February 24, 2021, 06:21:19 PM »
They make vegan Sambas? Mine are definitely leather.

Man I have some white Reebok Nylon Classics and they look so good and are so comfortable. Probably my favourite shoe I own. I've actually rolled around on my cruiser board with them and they definitely feel skateable. I'd have to patch the inside because where the toe piece dips down is right at my pinky toe where I wreck shoes.

Been trying to find a decent prices pair to skate online but they're actually so hard to find right now. Which sucks because mine are getting dirty and I just got pen on the toe at work and I don't think I can live without a pair.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #579 on: February 24, 2021, 07:29:24 PM »

Man I have some white Reebok Nylon Classics and they look so good and are so comfortable. Probably my favourite shoe I own. I've actually rolled around on my cruiser board with them and they definitely feel skateable. I'd have to patch the inside because where the toe piece dips down is right at my pinky toe where I wreck shoes.

Been trying to find a decent prices pair to skate online but they're actually so hard to find right now. Which sucks because mine are getting dirty and I just got pen on the toe at work and I don't think I can live without a pair.

The Reebok nylon classics are like marshmallows for your feets. Forbes has some Pulaski photos in them.

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -204
« Reply #580 on: February 24, 2021, 07:53:19 PM »

can't wait to hear how they skate my local burlington has em in a couple colors and I've been tempted especially for sub 20 dollars

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #581 on: February 24, 2021, 08:39:10 PM »

I think that sole on the Nylon Classics is asking for ankle rolls. I own a pair. There is that classic photo of Reese skating a pair - might have been leathers though. I don't find that sole particularly comfortable but everyone's foot is different.

I actually just ordered a pair of those Club Workouts. They didn't have white in my size so I got the black/white. They were on sale for $70.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #582 on: February 24, 2021, 10:08:37 PM »
crossover post with the vegan shoe thread. this company is commited to making reebok club c knockoffs.

sustainable and vegan options, like this black one.

no idea how they skate, but they seem well made.

https://www.sayebrand.com/

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #583 on: February 25, 2021, 04:04:26 AM »
crossover post with the vegan shoe thread. this company is commited to making reebok club c knockoffs.

look amazing. idk about that price tag though

cky enthusiast

« Reply #584 on: February 25, 2021, 09:16:05 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

can't wait to hear how they skate my local burlington has em in a couple colors and I've been tempted especially for sub 20 dollars

i’ve had a couple sessions in them and tbh they’re worth it. they skate like puma suedes (and haven’t ripped yet after like 6 hours). the only annoying part is the sole is white so you’ll get white scuff marks on ur grip a little bit but for 10$ who cares.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #585 on: February 25, 2021, 11:52:04 AM »

These look very nice to me

KushBush

• Rep: 2
« Reply #586 on: February 25, 2021, 01:02:57 PM »
What’s the sizing like on club c’s? Been getting into cups, I typically wear size 8/8.5 in vans and currently got size 8 cons fastbreaks for reference.

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #587 on: February 25, 2021, 01:18:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

i’ve had a couple sessions in them and tbh they’re worth it. they skate like puma suedes (and haven’t ripped yet after like 6 hours). the only annoying part is the sole is white so you’ll get white scuff marks on ur grip a little bit but for 10$ who cares.

hell yeah I'll keep an eye next time I go. Burlington  sub 20 dollar shoes have been my skate shoes for the past year and theve all been great. puma,  adidas, supra, hell even some filas idgaf

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #588 on: February 25, 2021, 01:55:21 PM »
What’s the sizing like on club c’s? Been getting into cups, I typically wear size 8/8.5 in vans and currently got size 8 cons fastbreaks for reference.

True to size for sure. I wear 8.5 in all standard sizing (Vans, Adidas, Nike, etc), and 8.5 have fit me perfect every time in Clubs.

KushBush

• Rep: 2
« Reply #589 on: February 25, 2021, 03:10:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

True to size for sure. I wear 8.5 in all standard sizing (Vans, Adidas, Nike, etc), and 8.5 have fit me perfect every time in Clubs.

Awesome! Thanks man, gonna give them a try in a size 8.

BugleBites

« Reply #590 on: February 26, 2021, 10:46:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I noticed your shop stocks a half decent selection of Reeboks - do you have access to a wide variety of colors/models? Would be stoked to find a shop that gets more than just the most common colors. I've seen the most random, but super dope Reeboks when I search certain models online, but they appear to be limited colabs that maybe aren't available everywhere. Mustard suede Workout vulcs with a black sole and stuff like that. Shit that looks way better than the same old all white Club C's (which are nice too, but kinda look cheap somehow).

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #591 on: February 27, 2021, 08:33:55 AM »
We have a Reebok account so we order prebooks and also can order at-once from instock on the B2B. (I'm lucky cause that's usually where I get mine from and I just have to pay cost.) Definitely tons of styles that we don't see on there though. Like those brown leather/gum Clubs up above. I've seen tons of colours at outlets and stuff that we don't see in catalogs or on the B2B. Don't really know how the whole program works and why some stuff is available and others aren't to be honest.

Perfect example, we have these in the shop: https://ninetimesskateshop.com/collections/reebok/products/reebok-npc-ii-white-white

But I don't like the blue embroidery, but the same ones with grey aren't on the B2B but they're on the Reebok site: https://www.reebok.ca/en/npc-2-shoes/FY9433.html

So basically  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 03:03:43 PM by Watson »

BugleBites

« Reply #592 on: February 27, 2021, 02:39:49 PM »
We have a Reebok account so we order prebooks and also can order at-once from instock on the B2B. (I'm lucky cause that's usually where I get mine from and I just have to pay cost.) Definitely tons of styles that we don't see on there though. Like those brown leather/gum Clubs up above. I've seen tons of colours at outlets and stuff that we don't see in catalogs or on the B2B. Don't really know how the whole program works and why some stuff is available and others aren't to be honest.

Perfect example, we have these in the shop: https://ninetimesskateshop.com/collections/reebok/products/reebok-npc-ii-white-white

But I don't like the blue embroidery, but the same ones with grey aren't on the B2B but they're on the Reebok site:https://www.reebok.ca/en/npc-2-shoes/FY9433.html

So basically  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks for the feedback.

I had Ipaths almost identical to that brown/gum Club C posted earlier, but the Club C's look sicker.

Fooj

• Rep: 180
« Reply #593 on: March 04, 2021, 10:04:23 AM »
Does anyone have any reviews or experience with the Accel Explorer? Debating moving to a rainy climate and need some all weather kicks.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #594 on: March 04, 2021, 10:23:34 AM »
Wrong thread homie. This is non skate shoes good for skating, not skate company shoes made for not skating.

dilbert1

• Rep: 141
« Reply #595 on: March 04, 2021, 02:33:48 PM »
I don't have any leads on unheard-of non-skate-skate shoes, but here's my collection and two cents. I've always liked the idea, I actually remember reading the youwillsoon review of those One Stars from Target and trying to find them haha.

Also re: SAYE, I can get down with silhouette clones/approximations (and veganism) but not for that price, or that fucking name/logo (reminds me too much of STATE, STRAYE, FACT, FORMER... eugh).

Reebok Club C

Big fan of this shoe. Wish the preemptive superglue was unnecessary. The leather toe is more resilient though. I'm guessing the Palace collab ones have reinforced stitching? Maybe not? Proper glue job does wonders, though.

Reebok Club Workout

Also dig the Club Workouts, cooler sole than OG Workout IMO. Club C Revenge looks alright, too (haven't skated yet), but those "Club MEMT" are very gross looking.

Adidas Continental 80

These are so easy to find and cheap as fuck. The white ones I found on depop for $12 plus shipping. They hold up really well until the stitching connecting the toe and lace panels gets fucked. Then the shoe gets a bit roomier and I find myself lacing them really tight. But can't beat the availability $20-40 price range. Wish they had more varied colorways though. I've skated a pair of Sambas and they were fine but didn't last all that long and were on the thin side.

Puma Suede

In my mind one of the original non-skate-skate shoes. Wish this Half Cab/Sal 23 grey-black colorway was more widely and regularly available. These are very reliable and durable shoes, I've skated through several and often find the sole wearing out before the toe (at the ball of my foot). I skated a pair of Super Ligas and from what I remember I dug them, too.

Anyone still skate those white canvas Polo shoes? I thought those were the shit back in the day

Fhk

« Reply #596 on: March 04, 2021, 04:10:25 PM »
I don't have any leads on unheard-of non-skate-skate shoes, but here's my collection and two cents. I've always liked the idea, I actually remember reading the youwillsoon review of those One Stars from Target and trying to find them haha.

Also re: SAYE, I can get down with silhouette clones/approximations (and veganism) but not for that price, or that fucking name/logo (reminds me too much of STATE, STRAYE, FACT, FORMER... eugh).

Reebok Club C

Big fan of this shoe. Wish the preemptive superglue was unnecessary. The leather toe is more resilient though. I'm guessing the Palace collab ones have reinforced stitching? Maybe not? Proper glue job does wonders, though.

Reebok Club Workout

Also dig the Club Workouts, cooler sole than OG Workout IMO. Club C Revenge looks alright, too (haven't skated yet), but those "Club MEMT" are very gross looking.

Adidas Continental 80

These are so easy to find and cheap as fuck. The white ones I found on depop for $12 plus shipping. They hold up really well until the stitching connecting the toe and lace panels gets fucked. Then the shoe gets a bit roomier and I find myself lacing them really tight. But can't beat the availability $20-40 price range. Wish they had more varied colorways though. I've skated a pair of Sambas and they were fine but didn't last all that long and were on the thin side.

Puma Suede

In my mind one of the original non-skate-skate shoes. Wish this Half Cab/Sal 23 grey-black colorway was more widely and regularly available. These are very reliable and durable shoes, I've skated through several and often find the sole wearing out before the toe (at the ball of my foot). I skated a pair of Super Ligas and from what I remember I dug them, too.

Anyone still skate those white canvas Polo shoes? I thought those were the shit back in the day
I'm a big fan of the Club C's too, your gonna love skating the Revenge's.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #597 on: March 04, 2021, 06:47:03 PM »
@dilbert1 I commend your shoe choices. All bangers. Also jealous of you guys and your brown Clubs. Also jealous that you found the Club Workouts with the gum sole. I wanted those ones specifically to put in black laces and pretend I was skating KCKs. Also those Pumas with the black sole look great. Puma Suede might be my favourite shoe of all time. Skating or non-skating.

As far as the Club C/Club C Revenge thing, the only difference I can tell is the Revenge has the stripes in the Reebok logo sewn on while on the regular Club C it's just stitching. But it's the same sole and everything so would feel exactly the same.

BugleBites

« Reply #598 on: March 04, 2021, 08:47:52 PM »
Damn! Lots of dope one's in that mix. I find Puma Suedes to be pretty floppy but that color is so nice. Where are you finding those Reeboks?

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #599 on: March 04, 2021, 09:10:20 PM »

Reebok Club C

Reebok Club Workout

Adidas Continental 80

Puma Suede

I used to love those canvas polo shoes. some of the best skating I ever did was in those. not white ones though. but those would be sick.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.