Author Topic: Non Skate Shoes Good For Skating Thread  (Read 123388 times)

rosemaryBB

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 33
Re: Non Skate Shoes Good For Skating Thread
« Reply #720 on: July 15, 2021, 12:18:12 PM »
Anyone ever skate the non-SB lunar gatos? Loved the SB ones and just found a cheap pair in my size of the safari pattern Ronaldo ones and they seem to have a more similar construction to the SBs than some of the other runs they did

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 608
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #721 on: July 16, 2021, 08:47:37 AM »
Can some euro pals give me some heads up for usual adidas campus? Not the vulc skate ones. I am looking for a cupsole.
IG: @flowterspace

sayjackson

• Rep: 1
« Reply #722 on: July 16, 2021, 09:51:05 AM »
Expand Quote

regular nike drop type premium. found these at the local nike outlet. as close as possible to the allcourt CKs, and for 30 bucks i could not resist. curious how they will skate especially compared to the nike sb allcourt cory kennedy, that i'm skating currently.
[close]
Are yours's all leather?

I have these but they're like full nylon or something. Would never skate them. Also, the exposed tongue padding seems like a mess waiting to happen.

saw a homie at the park yesterday, he was ripping in these. said that at first he was sketch about the material too, but for the price they were they best he's had in a minute. the way the extra foxing wrap is misaligned looks cool in person too.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2224
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #723 on: July 16, 2021, 01:36:18 PM »
Does anyone know the differences between all the Reebok club c models are in terms of performance? I have a pair of club c revenges that I like and have seen a lot of memt’s on sale for pretty cheap- but the soles look a little different.

I haven't tried the MEMT but have seen them in person. I think they're part of Reebok's budget line. Sole is very thin and soft not in a good way. Feels like they would way too soft and probably wear out quick. Overall I think the upper has lower quality materials as well. I wouldn't do it, but it might be worth trying if you can find them for really cheap.

dustyassrocketswitchv

• Rep: -135
« Reply #724 on: July 16, 2021, 04:10:09 PM »
you know they would be good
big texas cummer

chris.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 184
« Reply #725 on: July 29, 2021, 05:22:14 AM »
Anyone skate Adidas Pro Models? Or does anyone know the difference between the skate and non-skate versions? A Tactics reviews I read said tongue centering straps and a different insole.

Regardless I’ve picked up 3 pairs of the regular version in the past couple months. I picked up a white pair for cheap with an Amazon gift card and am skating them now. Then a couple days ago I got two black ones at the Adidas outlet for $38 each. White pair has leather inside, less padding around the collar and no padding on the tongue. Black pair are much more padded with a nice padded tongue. I prefer the extra padding but then white pair is still skating just fine.  Great shoes though and I’ve finally gotten over my shelltoe aversion that goes back to them being the defining shoe of nu-metal.

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #726 on: July 29, 2021, 03:26:52 PM »
Anyone skate Adidas Pro Models? Or does anyone know the difference between the skate and non-skate versions? A Tactics reviews I read said tongue centering straps and a different insole.

Regardless I’ve picked up 3 pairs of the regular version in the past couple months. I picked up a white pair for cheap with an Amazon gift card and am skating them now. Then a couple days ago I got two black ones at the Adidas outlet for $38 each. White pair has leather inside, less padding around the collar and no padding on the tongue. Black pair are much more padded with a nice padded tongue. I prefer the extra padding but then white pair is still skating just fine.  Great shoes though and I’ve finally gotten over my shelltoe aversion that goes back to them being the defining shoe of nu-metal.

I think the skate ones are a different less shiney leather .
 But that's just what I can see from photos . I'm sure there's more

The black pairs you got sound like the ones they sell at footlocker here in Australia.
I've been looking at those.  the puffy toungue and collar look very appealing

90sDamiano

• Rep: -82
« Reply #727 on: August 03, 2021, 04:34:23 PM »
I’m skating pro models rn and the biggest differences between the skate version and the originals is the material on the original is not as soft or textured as the skate one. Also the original has more padding on the tongue and collar and the soles are made of a harder rubber than the skate ones. I prefer the originals to the skates

switchfrontshuv

• Rep: 48
« Reply #728 on: August 04, 2021, 11:33:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Does anyone know the differences between all the Reebok club c models are in terms of performance? I have a pair of club c revenges that I like and have seen a lot of memt’s on sale for pretty cheap- but the soles look a little different.
[close]

I haven't tried the MEMT but have seen them in person. I think they're part of Reebok's budget line. Sole is very thin and soft not in a good way. Feels like they would way too soft and probably wear out quick. Overall I think the upper has lower quality materials as well. I wouldn't do it, but it might be worth trying if you can find them for really cheap.

dont listen to this fucker ^
Currently skating the MEMTs rn, the sole is an UPGRADE from club c's because theres actually lasting board feel and still a stiff heel/arch simply cuz of how the sole is designed (super thin in the forefoot as a skate shoe should be nowadays - like those new DC's)
the upper materials are on par with club C's and even breathability is on par
durability is honestly better: the sole is harder rubber and hasn't worn at ALL for me yet even though I skate street and fresh boards and all that (only issue is on glassy skatepark ground they are slippery when pushing)
broke in immediately unlike Club C's
better, less slippery flick than club C's (idk how)

Considering you can often find Club C's for the same price often (60 CAD where im from) I didnt really think of these as a budget shoe but I really wanted boardfeel without going to an ankle rolling vulc
Heel lock is great. I put dunk insoles in mine, havent bruised or rolled my shit yet!

bombsaway86

• Rep: 160
« Reply #729 on: August 07, 2021, 10:41:38 AM »

These popped up in my Instagram ads. Looks like they might be alright for skating. I’ve always liked the way Sauconys fit my wide ass foot.

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #730 on: August 07, 2021, 03:34:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

dont listen to this fucker ^
Currently skating the MEMTs rn, the sole is an UPGRADE from club c's because theres actually lasting board feel and still a stiff heel/arch simply cuz of how the sole is designed (super thin in the forefoot as a skate shoe should be nowadays - like those new DC's)
the upper materials are on par with club C's and even breathability is on par
durability is honestly better: the sole is harder rubber and hasn't worn at ALL for me yet even though I skate street and fresh boards and all that (only issue is on glassy skatepark ground they are slippery when pushing)
broke in immediately unlike Club C's
better, less slippery flick than club C's (idk how)

Considering you can often find Club C's for the same price often (60 CAD where im from) I didnt really think of these as a budget shoe but I really wanted boardfeel without going to an ankle rolling vulc
Heel lock is great. I put dunk insoles in mine, havent bruised or rolled my shit yet!

The weird part is that Reebok has two names for that shoe - sometimes they call it the Club MEMT, other times they call it the Royal Techque T. Look it up, exact same shoe. The only thing that makes either any different from normal club C’s is the sole and shape of the toe cap. Better board feel on the techque/memt but that sole doesn’t last, I’ve had several pairs. I actually like the shape better than normal club c’s, not so muffin shaped.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #731 on: August 07, 2021, 04:31:33 PM »

These popped up in my Instagram ads. Looks like they might be alright for skating. I’ve always liked the way Sauconys fit my wide ass foot.
They reminded me 88 footwear
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

skunty

• Rep: 73
« Reply #732 on: August 27, 2021, 12:27:43 PM »
Managed to get through all 25 pages of this thread and only buy 2 pairs of shoes. Found a pair of Club C's for $30 shipped, and managed to snag some adidas copa 19.3 in sala for $35+shipping - will report back on the adidas. I'm surprised no one mentioned Etonic shoes in this thread. I'm also curious if anyone has tried to skate nike Monarchs. kinda a goofy shoe but I think it would look cool on a board

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #733 on: August 30, 2021, 01:39:48 PM »
I'm also curious if anyone has tried to skate nike Monarchs. kinda a goofy shoe but I think it would look cool on a board

Lol what the fuck are you on?!

maggot cunt

« Reply #734 on: August 30, 2021, 02:00:32 PM »
Expand Quote
I'm also curious if anyone has tried to skate nike Monarchs. kinda a goofy shoe but I think it would look cool on a board
[close]

yeh i have some monarchs (lol) and theyre the polar opposite of board feel

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #735 on: August 30, 2021, 03:58:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Isn't this the shoe that people were claiming that Guy was skating them in mouse?
That discussion was awhile ago ..   I could be mistaken

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1370
« Reply #736 on: August 30, 2021, 04:10:20 PM »
Naive question, are the regular Adidas Campus any good for skating? Not the ADV, but the standard casual ones.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #737 on: August 30, 2021, 04:56:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Isn't this the shoe that people were claiming that Guy was skating them in mouse?
That discussion was awhile ago ..   I could be mistaken
It’s not, but you can find the topic here:
https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=103400.msg2965542#msg2965542

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #738 on: August 30, 2021, 05:04:25 PM »
Naive question, are the regular Adidas Campus any good for skating? Not the ADV, but the standard casual ones.

Tbh they are probably better than the ADV. The Campus 80’s is a slimmer narrower version, the regular one is a bit more standard shape and a bit more padded (but not much). I think they’ll both be good skate shoes!
I do miss the campus 2, which was the late 90’s version which was more padded and had a really nice shape. People skated those a lot!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #739 on: August 30, 2021, 05:08:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Tbh they are probably better than the ADV. The Campus 80’s is a slimmer narrower version, the regular one is a bit more standard shape and a bit more padded (but not much). I think they’ll both be good skate shoes!
I do miss the campus 2, which was the late 90’s version which was more padded and had a really nice shape. People skated those a lot!

Well, I definitely trust your judgment on this matter  ;D Thank you, sir!

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #740 on: August 30, 2021, 06:29:07 PM »
I skated OG Campus a couple of summers ago and loved them. They skated really good and also the joy of skating them and feeling like Brian Lotti was amazing. Boardfeel and grip is really good. I pulled out the insole and put in something more padded. Mine didn't last super long but they were some premium pig suede so regular suede ones should last good.

One of my favourite shoes I've skated in the last few years.

(I had a suede patch under that hole to make them last longer when I was skating them but pulled it out after.)

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #741 on: August 30, 2021, 06:52:09 PM »
I skated OG Campus a couple of summers ago and loved them. They skated really good and also the joy of skating them and feeling like Brian Lotti was amazing. Boardfeel and grip is really good. I pulled out the insole and put in something more padded. Mine didn't last super long but they were some premium pig suede so regular suede ones should last good.

One of my favourite shoes I've skated in the last few years.

(I had a suede patch under that hole to make them last longer when I was skating them but pulled it out after.)

Siiiick. I'm sold

switchfrontshuv

• Rep: 48
« Reply #742 on: August 30, 2021, 07:41:13 PM »
I just ordered some black superstars, what am I supposed to expect?

Probably gonna walk around in them for a bit first, but do they take a long time to get flexy? I skate club c's mostly (love when theyre broken in and mushy)

Ankle_Lift

• Rep: 78
« Reply #743 on: August 31, 2021, 01:50:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Those shoes would be so sick if you are a dad and you have to go directly from your scheduled Sunday morning backyard lawnmowing session to your Sunday early afternoon skate session with the boys!!

MaXX_I-D

« Reply #744 on: September 01, 2021, 03:39:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Those shoes would be so sick if you are a dad and you have to go directly from your scheduled Sunday morning backyard lawnmowing session to your Sunday early afternoon skate session with the boys!!
Throw the lawn mower in the garage then hit the house like Natas.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #745 on: September 01, 2021, 12:41:41 PM »
Throw the lawn mower in the garage at Home Depot then hit the house 'gram like Natas Rhino.

Probably gonna walk around in them for a bit first, but do they take a long time to get flexy? I skate club c's mostly (love when theyre broken in and mushy)

OG Supertars shouldn't take any more breaking in time than Club Cs. Less, probably. I think if you take them out of the box and twist them up they should be good to go. I like the OG Superstars way more than the skate version.

90sDamiano

• Rep: -82
« Reply #746 on: September 01, 2021, 06:00:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Throw the lawn mower in the garage at Home Depot then hit the house 'gram like Natas Rhino.
[close]

Expand Quote

[close]

OG Supertars shouldn't take any more breaking in time than Club Cs. Less, probably. I think if you take them out of the box and twist them up they should be good to go. I like the OG Superstars way more than the skate version.
I second that, definitely better than the skates and a good twist will do ya good

Fhk

« Reply #747 on: September 01, 2021, 06:22:18 PM »

Very little board feel and Your foot positioning for almost every trick will likely change..but they last forever and skate amazing once you get used to them. Definitely don't have to fear landing primo with Shelltoes on  ;D

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 608
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #749 on: September 07, 2021, 07:57:00 AM »
I went to a dozen sport stores over the last few weeks and looked for some OG campus. The guy who worked in the last store asked me why I want these and I told him for skating. His look was priceless ^^ He ordered me some from adidas directly. It seems like the campus is now called 80s campus. Will report back when they arrive.
IG: @flowterspace