Author Topic: Non Skate Shoes Good For Skating Thread  (Read 122688 times)

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
Re: Non Skate Shoes Good For Skating Thread
« Reply #750 on: September 07, 2021, 08:55:32 AM »
Expand Quote
I skated OG Campus a couple of summers ago and loved them. They skated really good and also the joy of skating them and feeling like Brian Lotti was amazing. Boardfeel and grip is really good. I pulled out the insole and put in something more padded. Mine didn't last super long but they were some premium pig suede so regular suede ones should last good.

One of my favourite shoes I've skated in the last few years.

(I had a suede patch under that hole to make them last longer when I was skating them but pulled it out after.)
[close]

Siiiick. I'm sold

These look like they skate better than the campus ADV i'm currently skating

toque

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #751 on: September 18, 2021, 09:35:29 PM »
I know they wouldn't really work for skating but there's something about these that's making me feel somethin

Same with these...

Recently grabbed these Asics Japan S but haven't tried em yet. They feel nice though

wheee!

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • the moon rules
« Reply #752 on: September 18, 2021, 09:55:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I skated OG Campus a couple of summers ago and loved them. They skated really good and also the joy of skating them and feeling like Brian Lotti was amazing. Boardfeel and grip is really good. I pulled out the insole and put in something more padded. Mine didn't last super long but they were some premium pig suede so regular suede ones should last good.

(I had a suede patch under that hole to make them last longer when I was skating them but pulled it out after.)
[close]

Siiiick. I'm sold
[close]

where are people finding the campus these days? The 80’s campus at adidas stores and on their website are going for $100. It doesn’t seem like it’s a regular shoe they make consistently right now
fuck you bama

90sDamiano

• Rep: -82
« Reply #753 on: September 19, 2021, 05:50:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Siiiick. I'm sold
[close]

[close]
where are people finding the campus these days? The 80’s campus at adidas stores and on their website are going for $100. It doesn’t seem like it’s a regular shoe they make consistently right now

eBay got some

chris.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 184
« Reply #754 on: September 20, 2021, 09:05:51 AM »

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 279
« Reply #755 on: September 26, 2021, 07:16:42 PM »
Saw these at the nike clearance outlet today. They are for fencing but looked a interesting possibility. The toe grooves are rubber so made me think of a modern day E-cue. Plus great lace placement. Didn't have my size.

thps4

• Rep: 2
« Reply #756 on: September 29, 2021, 05:19:08 AM »
Checked the nearby outlet mall to see if I could score a deal and came across a nice pair of Club C Revenge MUs for 50CAD tax in. No idea what MU stands for. Skated them for hours yesterday after letting my intense shoe-goo job cure overnight. Really love how they skate, a pleasure to pop and flick with. My kickflips in these are great, though my switch ollies are fucked. Definitely thicker than a skate sole though it still feels like one, and it didn't take very long for it to break in. Not sure how I feel about the foam tongue, I recall seeing skate shoes with foam tongues before, but I don't like how it compresses during run-outs etc. I think the cut of the collar also clips my ankles just a bit too close on the inner side, but we'll see. I am hoping they delay my high top purchases until a little closer to winter.

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
« Reply #757 on: October 01, 2021, 08:54:07 AM »
does any of you guys know if the superstar 80s fits the same as the regular superstar? i bought a pair in the same size as the regular ones and now i'm a lil nervous that they might not fit
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

Fhk

« Reply #758 on: October 01, 2021, 08:42:29 PM »
does any of you guys know if the superstar 80s fits the same as the regular superstar? i bought a pair in the same size as the regular ones and now i'm a lil nervous that they might not fit
Fear not they fit the same. Just no puffy tongue.

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #759 on: October 02, 2021, 07:00:41 AM »
Anyone can share experiences with regular Adidas Superstars? Got a pair from sale and tempted to skate them. Any insight?

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #760 on: October 02, 2021, 07:04:16 AM »
Anyone can share experiences with regular Adidas Superstars? Got a pair from sale and tempted to skate them. Any insight?

I tried skating a pair earlier this year, I honestly found them really stiff and painful on the soles of my feet.

Fhk

« Reply #761 on: October 02, 2021, 07:20:30 AM »
Skating in Boston when they became popular in the mid 90's some really good skaters called it "shelltoe skating" because to most it's completely different feel. They gave up on them quickly, I personally love them.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2201
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #762 on: October 02, 2021, 01:12:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I tried skating a pair earlier this year, I honestly found them really stiff and painful on the soles of my feet.

Strange, I find the complete opposite. Have always found the soles really flexible and grippy. I like the OG Superstar lots. Plan on skating some again soon.

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
« Reply #763 on: October 03, 2021, 07:09:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Strange, I find the complete opposite. Have always found the soles really flexible and grippy. I like the OG Superstar lots. Plan on skating some again soon.

i think it’s important to wear them for a couple of weeks before skating in them, the sole is kinda stiff at first but once they break in a little they feel great and because of that initial stiffness the sole lasts pretty long. i’ve been skating only superstars for over a year now and they’re great. the shell toe is very durable and i tend to wear down the toe area quick because of the way i do kickflips, i don’t think any other shoe i’ve skated in had such a durable toebox.
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2157
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #764 on: October 13, 2021, 08:24:16 PM »
Just picked up some Adidas Grand Courts in a classic white/black color scheme for $29.99 w/ free ship, direct from Adidas, on their eBay store.

Still some left in a few popular sizes, if’n you’re into this sort of basic sneak for skating. Peep: https://www.ebay.com/itm/154623248397?hash=item240043880d:g:bHoAAOSwHAZhZxYa

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

user18081971

« Reply #765 on: October 13, 2021, 11:43:51 PM »
Superstars skate the best when they’re new, but they sog out very quickly. Leather pairs at least.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 202
  • Get bent
« Reply #766 on: October 14, 2021, 07:01:23 AM »
Anyone mess with these yet? I’ve seen them in spenny’s and tiago’s insta lately and have been curious…may cop this white and grey color, dig that scheme, they are called the 480

You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #767 on: October 14, 2021, 08:02:06 AM »
Found these puma caracal sd for 40e, they seem great

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #768 on: October 14, 2021, 01:26:49 PM »
Yeah I'm wearing a pair of the 480s right now. I got lucky a homie who works at NB sent me a couple pair to check out. They skate really good. Nice cupsole, not too thick, not too thin. Good shape. Toe box is kinda wide for people who need that. They're actually developing it right now to be part of the skate line.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #769 on: October 14, 2021, 02:26:54 PM »
The tongue and heel collar are not puffy.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #770 on: October 15, 2021, 09:38:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I skated some a while back , I liked the way they skated but it felt like my foot sat too high in the foot bed or something. Whenever I ran out of a trick my foot would slip around in the shoe and end up on the side wall which was scary as fuck sometimes. I also have very sweaty feet so that could have been a contributing factor. Just my experience.

Hypnotoad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #772 on: October 16, 2021, 02:24:09 PM »
https://www.reebok.com/us/reebok-resonator-low-basketball-shoes/G57708.html

These look good

There's one called the Strength that looks like a possibly better Workout Plus. Sole definitely looks better. Shoe overall isn't so bulky.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #773 on: November 05, 2021, 12:21:47 PM »
Not the exact right thread but I'm guessing maybe people who posted here know about non skate shoes.

I've been looking for a pair of nike shoes I had in about 2005. The were basically the cross trainer but without the Velcro strap. Not SBs.
Looked pretty much like Tim oconnors savier shoe. Tan/Brown safari. Cannot even find a picture of them now.

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
« Reply #774 on: November 05, 2021, 01:35:02 PM »
Yeah I'm wearing a pair of the 480s right now. I got lucky a homie who works at NB sent me a couple pair to check out. They skate really good. Nice cupsole, not too thick, not too thin. Good shape. Toe box is kinda wide for people who need that. They're actually developing it right now to be part of the skate line.

im lazy and don't feel like going through posts to find it, but were you the one that got the black pair and white pair and did the N swap? that was sick

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2157
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #775 on: November 05, 2021, 02:22:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

im lazy and don't feel like going through posts to find it, but were you the one that got the black pair and white pair and did the N swap? that was sick
Man, them shits looked dooope!

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

strongererections

• Rep: -14
« Reply #776 on: November 17, 2021, 05:59:48 PM »
flat sole diadoras and puma baskets is the wave

strongererections

• Rep: -14
« Reply #777 on: November 18, 2021, 12:59:31 PM »
ima bump this onto page 1 until someone post sumthin stimulating to my brain. just tired of skate brands, sell me some good shampoo or sumthin but hide the nike logo so i dont find it for a couple years

i appreciate last resort but them shits ugly bro

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #778 on: November 18, 2021, 07:28:39 PM »

I know these technically were skate shoes but puma should bring these back. They look pretty fun. I just discovered them the other day

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
« Reply #779 on: November 18, 2021, 08:24:22 PM »

I know these technically were skate shoes but puma should bring these back. They look pretty fun. I just discovered them the other day

throw some fat laces in some suede classics and you're ALMOST there, yeah?