Author Topic: Non Skate Shoes Good For Skating Thread  (Read 122644 times)

whale

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
Re: Non Skate Shoes Good For Skating Thread
« Reply #870 on: November 09, 2022, 03:58:06 AM »
For some reason this company popped up when I googled Es Shoes. Looks like they're driving shoes but the silhouettes kinda look like minimalist skate shoes. There's even a cool cupsole model they have

The Shift, Avenue and Apex look cool

https://piloti.ca/

Not that I'd get any of these but I thought of this thread immediately.
Driving shoes usually have a super thin but stiff sole, no? Could be good if you break them in first, but with those prices? Hell nah.

gringo_viejo

• Rep: 40
« Reply #871 on: November 21, 2022, 03:06:10 PM »
Reebok CrossFit lite lo. These are so nice and wide in the toe, and the suede holds up well. Reebok discontinued them (bastards!) but not before I bought 3 pairs. The only weird thing is there's a little edge that sticks out past the sole right by the little toe (for weight lifting stability I guess?) Once I wore that away, these were my favorite shoes to skate in.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #872 on: November 21, 2022, 03:09:54 PM »
Any feedback on how Sambas skate?

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #873 on: November 21, 2022, 04:36:40 PM »
some of the best skating I ever did was in these.

This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 713
« Reply #874 on: November 22, 2022, 03:09:20 AM »

i had a pair 5 years ago, it was the regular samba model, not adv. all suede. it was a great shoe, it had another layer of suede under the t-toe which they don't do with samba advs. two of my friends skated them later on and they seemed to have a similar experience as me. there are 2 different samba models out rn, there's the samba og and another one, i don't remember which one was better but one of them was of worse quality than the other. i'm pretty sure @Sk.A.T.A.N would know
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 763
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #875 on: November 22, 2022, 05:21:04 AM »
Personally found the (dark) gum sole on the thrifted sambas I had a bit to "hard", slippery. But other people who had them usually preffered them over the skate versions, which I never tried myself

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #876 on: November 22, 2022, 05:23:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i had a pair 5 years ago, it was the regular samba model, not adv. all suede. it was a great shoe, it had another layer of suede under the t-toe which they don't do with samba advs. two of my friends skated them later on and they seemed to have a similar experience as me. there are 2 different samba models out rn, there's the samba og and another one, i don't remember which one was better but one of them was of worse quality than the other. i'm pretty sure @Sk.A.T.A.N would know

So there’s actually two versions of ADVs:
1st one (discontinued) ->

- just overall not that great if I’m being honest. Skated it a couple times and it bagged out way too much. A “Suicide seam” at the Ollie area made it not durable at all. Also looks like a bootleg samba  :-\

2nd and current one ->

- Those are basically just an up spec’d version of the regular samba, which is already a great shoe on its own. I think the materials are a bit more tough, also they come with a better insole. I’m not super sure but I think they are a bit more padded too, at least looks like it on my friend’s foot. It’s a bit hard to tell them apart from the regular version but the most identifiable diference is the trefoil in the tongue of ADVs is just an outline while it’s a filled trefoil in regular versions.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

LebowskisRug

« Reply #877 on: November 22, 2022, 09:30:59 PM »
I'd love the ADVs but they seem perpetually sold out everywhere.

switchfakie

« Reply #878 on: November 23, 2022, 06:19:16 PM »
are vans slip on regulars (non pro) considered skate shoes?

skatebruh

• Rep: 27
« Reply #879 on: November 23, 2022, 06:42:53 PM »
Regular Vans slip ons are almost all canvas and you'll have a big ollie hole in them after 1 session. Not recommend for skate.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #880 on: November 23, 2022, 11:32:47 PM »

Yeah if you don't ollie or flick in them. Plenty of simple transition, sidewalk surfing can be done in em, but not durable for any substantial tricks or wear
Super Champion Fun Zone

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #881 on: November 24, 2022, 09:15:13 AM »
Anybody had Nike court visions? They look like a kind or affordable and getable jordan 1/ vandal/whatever mid 80s Nike Basketball shoe. I watch that rose anvil channel time to time and often he does Nike's and they're fake leather and the worst shoes I've ever had were non sb dunks in the early 00s so as much as I like the look I'm worried about the general quality/skateability

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #882 on: November 24, 2022, 09:34:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah if you don't ollie or flick in them. Plenty of simple transition, sidewalk surfing can be done in em, but not durable for any substantial tricks or wear

not if you're over the age of 30
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

logjammin

• Rep: 312
« Reply #883 on: December 08, 2022, 08:24:18 AM »
I recently bought some Reebok Club C 85 Vintage's and they are the comfiest shoes i've ever had. The soft stretchy leather took pretty much no break-in time, and they actually skate really well and grip fine. Quality is top notch. Highly recommend.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #884 on: December 08, 2022, 08:49:26 AM »
https://www.nike.com/au/t/nikecourt-zoom-lite-3-clay-tennis-shoes-qvJ8H6/DH3233-400
Anyone skate in modern tennis shoes? I think skateboarders are getting shafted. Ishods are like $160 in Aus and more basic shoes are like $120-$150 but there's basketball, tennis, runners all for way less than that that actually have zoom air and all the other shit

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #885 on: December 08, 2022, 10:10:57 AM »
I recently bought some Reebok Club C 85 Vintage's and they are the comfiest shoes i've ever had. The soft stretchy leather took pretty much no break-in time, and they actually skate really well and grip fine. Quality is top notch. Highly recommend.

I've been skating different club c's for most of this year.
I like the revenge and the mids .

They are the most comfortable shoes to skate in for me,
 Some are better than others due to materials but imo its the sole
So cushy ,  my feet are very thankful for this thread

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2196
« Reply #886 on: December 08, 2022, 10:36:36 AM »
https://www.nike.com/au/t/nikecourt-zoom-lite-3-clay-tennis-shoes-qvJ8H6/DH3233-400
Anyone skate in modern tennis shoes? I think skateboarders are getting shafted. Ishods are like $160 in Aus and more basic shoes are like $120-$150 but there's basketball, tennis, runners all for way less than that that actually have zoom air and all the other shit

Those look scary. For my ankles.

Club C's are fucking great. Haven't skated any in awhile. Might have to change that. I got this really fresh colour from Blue Tile Lounge in Toronto and threw white laces in them to make them look more 90s:

The suede is super super soft, probably would wreck quick but I kinda like that.

This colour would be fucking amazing to skate in too. (White laces plz):

IpathCats

« Reply #887 on: December 08, 2022, 10:45:39 AM »

We are paying premiums for similar or worse quality shoes than ones not "built for skateboarding".

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2196
« Reply #888 on: December 08, 2022, 12:58:31 PM »
Also the newly reissued BB 4000 II looks very interesting. Haven't seen in person so don't know what the sole is like but would like to try it out.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2150
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #889 on: December 09, 2022, 02:05:52 AM »
Y’all that know my history in this thread already know what a proponent of the Club Cs I am: some of the comfiest shoes to skate in & can be had on the cheap regularly if your scraping the web for deals.
I haven’t paid over $30 USD shipped in at least a few years.
Get some now & thank yourself later.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #890 on: January 03, 2023, 07:35:42 AM »
Just found these NB indoor soccer shoes. They look great for skating.

https://www.newbalance.de/de/pd/audazo-v5--command-in/MSA2IV55-39259.html

https://nb.scene7.com/is/image/NB/msa2iy55_nb_05_i?$pdpflexf22x$&qlt=80&fmt=webp&wid=944&hei=944

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #892 on: January 04, 2023, 12:13:31 AM »
there used to be a gato sb
never skated them but they were relatively popular in the 2010s
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #893 on: January 04, 2023, 01:34:44 AM »
^^think the lunar Gato sb came out in about 2013 and was prob one of the better shoes sb ever made but was kinda the wrong timing. I just happened to get a pair of the non SB ones a couple years earlier when they came out and they skated great but really didn't go with the Dylan style clothing of the time lol.
Alex Olson also wears some in pretty sweet which is likely how they became an sb altho don't really remember him wearing the actual sb ones

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #894 on: January 04, 2023, 03:04:41 PM »
Anybody had Nike court visions? They look like a kind or affordable and getable jordan 1/ vandal/whatever mid 80s Nike Basketball shoe. I watch that rose anvil channel time to time and often he does Nike's and they're fake leather and the worst shoes I've ever had were non sb dunks in the early 00s so as much as I like the look I'm worried about the general quality/skateability

those are very popular over here cause from afar they could be dunks or airforces, or a mishmash of both. i saw that rose anvil vid and i put me off a bit... i almost bought a pair for cheap i have to say just because they look good and i needed some shoes. that was a brown pleather/gumsole thing. they look like they would skate pretty well, but tbf the leather looks bottom shelf if you have them in your hands. then again most nike leather seems to be fake, painted and coated in plastic anyways, so maybe they just weren't finished that nicely. especially since that was a discount shoe store batch.

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • Become Pneuma
I don’t care what anyone says, a tit mouse’s tibia is a thing of beauty.
The streets await

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #896 on: January 04, 2023, 03:30:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I had a pair of the og Sambas a few years back too and this perfectly described my experience with them. Surprisingly high quality, lasted a long time, and was very supportive for a thin cupsole. Mine had the long tongue too and I liked how it felt on my foot. The only negative thing I have to say about them is that I wasn't super into how they looked, but that's just my tastes. 

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #897 on: January 15, 2023, 06:31:43 PM »
Current skate shoe rotation

Best shoes for my feet.  Those "tumbled leather" possibly pleather ones are a little more rigid
In the upper and keep theyre shape well I had a pair last year.. 

Wish I'd been into skating reeboks when the bronze ones dropped couple years back

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26

Shuh

• Rep: 6
« Reply #899 on: February 21, 2023, 01:38:44 AM »
Adidas campus 00s looks interesting, anyone wanna try?