Author Topic: Vans “Spinning Away” video  (Read 22119 times)

MexicanSpaniard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Vans “Spinning Away” video
« Reply #150 on: April 04, 2018, 06:18:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Look at that asshole keep his balance while he does something absolutely fucking amazing
[close]
i highly doubt anyone criticising that stepped
on a round handrail or even a flatrail with a 50
50 himself ever. stay quiet if you cannot relate.

who the fuck hasn't grinded a round rail?

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #151 on: April 04, 2018, 06:30:09 AM »
chima varial heel up that melbourne museum gap i gasped at my computer and crazy russian vygislov asked me if everything was okay i told him no
good come sausage

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -601
  • who knows
« Reply #152 on: April 04, 2018, 11:00:32 AM »
chima varial heel up that melbourne museum gap i gasped at my computer and crazy russian vygislov asked me if everything was okay i told him no

who else has skated it like that?  the only thing that comes to mind is Daewon kickflipping up it.
where is home?

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #153 on: April 04, 2018, 11:06:00 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

who else has skated it like that?  the only thing that comes to mind is Daewon kickflipping up it.

dylan. did something. impossible, possibly?
also think someone did a 360 flip

saw a guy almost get a fs bigspin up there the other month

thebacker

« Reply #154 on: April 04, 2018, 11:06:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Didn’t Lewis marnell 3 flip up it

HungUp

• Rep: 40
« Reply #155 on: April 04, 2018, 11:19:09 AM »
I was waiting for someone to skate to that Eno track and I'm glad it was Chima.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #156 on: April 04, 2018, 11:24:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Lewis definitely did something(s) up it. I thought he bs or fs flipped up it?

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #157 on: April 04, 2018, 11:27:05 AM »
ye marnell did sw fs flip

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 885
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #158 on: April 04, 2018, 11:27:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Westgate 360 flip up it in State of Mind
Marnell sw fs flip in 5 incher

HungUp

• Rep: 40
« Reply #159 on: April 04, 2018, 12:04:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Fly pelican fly

[close]
DD yelling "WINDMILL FACTORY! (maniacal laugh)" afterward is my favorite part.  Maybe "Spinning Away" is  the joke.
I was out in Palm Springs last week and I know I saw K-Walks just off the 10.

WarmUpZone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 463
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
« Reply #160 on: April 04, 2018, 01:25:04 PM »
While I'm not a fan of the Vans corporation (don't fool yourself into thinking they are a core skate company), I do think they are doing right with these videos and their team. Not a bad part in here, although it is sad to find myself bored by long rails at this point. The ability to mix it up, pick good spots, and get a little creative is tantamount to a decent part these days.

I really wish AVE and Dill could muster up even just one fucking trick for their shoe sponsor. Rowley gets it. It doesn't have to be groundbreaking or death defying, just land a trick or two in the streets every couple of years and send the footage to your shoe sponsor.

Definitely looking forward to seeing another full part sooner from Crockett and later from Rowan.
Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
« Reply #161 on: April 04, 2018, 02:53:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Westgate 360 flip up it in State of Mind
Marnell sw fs flip in 5 incher

Someone did something up in in the DC Tour video. I'm very helpful.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #162 on: April 04, 2018, 06:17:55 PM »
Amazing skating, but...

Expand Quote
didn't read the interview but him + UGK was one of the best parts.
[close]

"I remember when a rapper was a go getta
Now all these rappers is some hoe niggas
Hide behind the guards at the show nigga
Don't want no pussy, homosexual, on the low nigga"

Homophobic rappers, way to go Vans on letting that one slide through. UGK may have hype beats, but their message ain't worth a damn.

I think if you take much of what any rapper says seriously, you wouldn't listen to rap at all. Loads of racism, extreme violence and misogyny, on top of the homophobia.

That being said, I actually used the same song for my own part in one of our homie edits a couple years ago, and I edited the song to skip that part. I'm surprised Vans didn't do the same. It was easy and flowed a lot better than the small edit they made to the song at the very start that was slightly off rhythm.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #163 on: April 04, 2018, 06:44:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
did you guys not see what Tyson Peterson was wearing in his part?
[close]
Who? They guy who had a foursome with Neen, Matt Pailes and Where's Wally?
[close]

you'd say you would be all over tyson as the ecological footprint of second hand clothing is super small
hey, don't get me wrong, his skating is off the hook. He'd just never been on my radar before so I was a tad confused when I first saw him. my above post was all in jest though

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

HotnSpicyMcChicken

• Rep: -41
« Reply #164 on: April 04, 2018, 06:47:26 PM »
Best video to come out in a very long time.

Rowan's broken board line was FUCKED

Chima went ham and murdered everything.

I'm completely sold on Tyson now. Something about his style used to irk me, but he was ripping and I feel like his style has really improved.

That being said, I will say that the fit he was wearing in that back 3 clip was literally a bigger version of some shit my mom would have dressed me in in preschool.

Baby Clothes= #TrendWatch2018?

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #165 on: April 04, 2018, 07:43:55 PM »
While I'm not a fan of the Vans corporation (don't fool yourself into thinking they are a core skate company), I do think they are doing right with these videos and their team. Not a bad part in here, although it is sad to find myself bored by long rails at this point. The ability to mix it up, pick good spots, and get a little creative is tantamount to a decent part these days.

I really wish AVE and Dill could muster up even just one fucking trick for their shoe sponsor. Rowley gets it. It doesn't have to be groundbreaking or death defying, just land a trick or two in the streets every couple of years and send the footage to your shoe sponsor.

Definitely looking forward to seeing another full part sooner from Crockett and later from Rowan.
Ave gave them a killer part for Propellor and had footage in the No Other Way, so he produces. Who knows with Dill, he had a clip or two in Propellor in Ave's part. Maybe he'll have stuff in the new Supreme video. Last time Crockett had no footage in the No Other Way montage which was strange.

Gnatpant

• Rep: 4
« Reply #166 on: April 04, 2018, 07:53:40 PM »
The song went with Chimas part so perfectly loved this video so damn much

concerned_parent

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #167 on: April 05, 2018, 05:44:18 AM »
i know you all love to hate on anything out of the threads idea vacuum but i was sold on tyson as soon as this shit happened

good come sausage

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #168 on: April 05, 2018, 07:00:33 AM »
Highly recommend second viewing.

Chima def has my favorite part in a long while.

expired

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #169 on: April 05, 2018, 05:46:39 PM »
i know you all love to hate on anything out of the threads idea vacuum but i was sold on tyson as soon as this shit happened

Another skater that crail fucked up on? He's wearing lakai's and shirts in this.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #170 on: April 05, 2018, 10:19:20 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Another skater that crail fucked up on? He's wearing lakai's and shirts in this.
They've passed on a lot of good skaters, but it's not like they've put on shitty ones instead. Although Brophy marks a clear downturn in standards. Like who is the worst kid who went from flow to am for them?

Although, I think that new policy of you have to be on Lakai to get on Girl or Chocolate is hurting them.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 10:21:04 PM by DannyDee »

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #171 on: April 06, 2018, 05:56:08 AM »
is dollin working on a retirement part or has he only really landed 1 trick in 4(?) years?

concerned_parent

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #172 on: April 06, 2018, 08:46:37 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i'm sure turning down offers from vans is pretty difficult
good come sausage

ungzilla

« Reply #173 on: April 06, 2018, 09:00:35 AM »
i liked that part, but at the time i didn't think anything more than "cool another local ripper". there is almost no indication from that part that he'd put out a part like in spinning away, or do any of the crazy shit he did in KOTR am scramble... nuts.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 09:53:43 AM by ungzilla »

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #174 on: April 06, 2018, 09:48:31 AM »
i liked that part, but at the time i didn't think anything more than "cool another local ripper". there is almost no indication from that part that he'd put out a part like in spinning away, or do any of the crazy shit he did in KOTR... nuts.

What did he do on kotr? 2017 hasn't come out yet right?

ungzilla

« Reply #175 on: April 06, 2018, 09:53:05 AM »
sorry i meant that am scramble vid

rejectpaul

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -48
  • No sense makes sense.
« Reply #176 on: April 06, 2018, 10:13:59 AM »

Crockett - Quasi (sooner)
Rowan - Baker4Life (later)

:-)
Ty Evans doesn't do what Ty Evans does for Ty Evans. Ty Evans does what Ty Evans does because Ty Evans is... Ty Evans

Todd Falcon > Tony Hawk

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #177 on: April 06, 2018, 02:56:18 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Rowan is on hockey or some shit like that now
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #178 on: April 06, 2018, 10:49:22 PM »
is dollin working on a retirement part or has he only really landed 1 trick in 4(?) years?
he had a shared part in propeller that was 3 years ago. also the 180 was insane. i'm sure he's going to have a part in baker 4.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

IHOP

« Reply #179 on: April 07, 2018, 11:05:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Rowan is on hockey or some shit like that now
It wouldn't surprise me if he got on hockey later, but he is still on baker right now.  He is on supreme though and has been filming for that new video.