Author Topic: Things You Don't "Get" (Old Man Rant) Thread  (Read 54437 times)

Global Moderator

Re: Things You Don't "Get" (Old Man Rant) Thread
« Reply #480 on: October 23, 2018, 08:50:32 PM »
Quote from: redcurb12
i don't play basketball... but i enjoy watching nba basketball.
professional sports are fun to watch man. you're watching athletes in like the top 1% pushing their bodies to the limit of what's capable. i think it's entertaining

I agree with you 100 percent.

Billy Bitchcakes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #481 on: October 24, 2018, 01:19:43 PM »
Expand Quote
i hate the fact that im a millennial and being told by someone older than me that they hate millenials
[close]

I totally know what you mean, I'm not saying there aren't some REAL piece of shit people in my age range but it's like these older groups forget there was a similar if not identical stigma when they were young.  It's hardly ever referred to (in my experience) that baby boomers were commonly called the "Me Generation" by their elders, being seen as too narcissistic.

If you're raised with the internet, spend three years at a job you dislike, and are flooded with jobs all over the country that pay more or are more interesting it's hard to want to stay put.  Combined with the fact that you may be renting, relocating for some fresh air shouldn't be a negative quality of an entire generation.  It should be a challenge to companies that have been doing the same things for their employees to adapt and work to keep talent in.

But hey, what do I know, I'm a millennial Slapping from work!

in my experience older people are just bitter about being old. they hate young people because they're jealous that they'll never be that age again, and just want to put them down
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #482 on: October 24, 2018, 01:27:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i hate the fact that im a millennial and being told by someone older than me that they hate millenials
[close]

I totally know what you mean, I'm not saying there aren't some REAL piece of shit people in my age range but it's like these older groups forget there was a similar if not identical stigma when they were young.  It's hardly ever referred to (in my experience) that baby boomers were commonly called the "Me Generation" by their elders, being seen as too narcissistic.

If you're raised with the internet, spend three years at a job you dislike, and are flooded with jobs all over the country that pay more or are more interesting it's hard to want to stay put.  Combined with the fact that you may be renting, relocating for some fresh air shouldn't be a negative quality of an entire generation.  It should be a challenge to companies that have been doing the same things for their employees to adapt and work to keep talent in.

But hey, what do I know, I'm a millennial Slapping from work!
[close]

in my experience older people are just bitter about being old. they hate young people because they're jealous that they'll never be that age again, and just want to put them down
In you're experience?  And how old are you?
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3329
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #483 on: October 24, 2018, 02:07:16 PM »
I don't get people who walk around having a phone conversation wearing airpods and also holding their phone at that ridiculous 90 degree angle right at their mouth. I want to slap them and scream "THE MICROPHONE IS IN YOUR HEADPHONES!"

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #484 on: October 24, 2018, 02:13:17 PM »
Yeah that's goofy, however I do always make a point to at least have my phone in my hand when I'm making a call through my headphones, so it doesn't look like I'm talking to myself.

Jollyoli

• Rep: 91
« Reply #485 on: October 25, 2018, 12:37:58 AM »
Yeah that's goofy, however I do always make a point to at least have my phone in my hand when I'm making a call through my headphones, so it doesn't look like I'm talking to myself.

I always make a point to have my phone in my hand when I'm talking to myself, so it looks like I'm making a call through my headphones
Hey, hey, hey. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #486 on: October 25, 2018, 03:36:04 AM »
#protip

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
« Reply #487 on: October 25, 2018, 08:04:48 AM »
I always make a point to ask them how their pizza is tasting.....

Sheeee....just stick it up to your head and get brain cancer like everyone in the oh-oh's.....

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #488 on: October 25, 2018, 02:02:54 PM »
I don't get people who walk around having a phone conversation wearing airpods and also holding their phone at that ridiculous 90 degree angle right at their mouth. I want to slap them and scream "THE MICROPHONE IS IN YOUR HEADPHONES!"

I see an alarming number of people doing that without headphones in, just using speakerphone like goons. That's when it really activates my almonds.

redcurb12

• Rep: 29
« Reply #489 on: October 25, 2018, 02:40:26 PM »
ever notice how some people yell really loud when they're on the phone for some reason?
Let me preface this post with the fact that I am slightly inebriated, very uneducated and I havent read any papers or done any research at all, or read your post really.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3329
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #490 on: October 25, 2018, 04:37:54 PM »
ever notice how some an inordinate amount of people yell really loud when they're on the phone for some reason?

redcurb12

• Rep: 29
« Reply #491 on: October 25, 2018, 04:49:53 PM »
touché
Let me preface this post with the fact that I am slightly inebriated, very uneducated and I havent read any papers or done any research at all, or read your post really.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #492 on: October 26, 2018, 12:45:21 AM »
Expand Quote
ever notice how some an inordinate amount of people yell really loud when they're on the phone for some reason?
[close]

That's me. But in my defense it's because I'm partially deaf.  I only notice it when someone mentions it

One thing I dont gwt is when someone will spend $30-40 on fast food, when you could grocery shop and make 5 or 6 good meals with that money
Gentleman ninja warlock

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #493 on: October 26, 2018, 07:29:42 AM »
One thing I dont gwt is when someone will spend $30-40 on fast food, when you could grocery shop and make 5 or 6 good meals with that money

Do they buy the whole menu? Even when we go through the drive through as a family it's never more than $20.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #494 on: October 26, 2018, 08:57:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Do they buy the whole menu? Even when we go through the drive through as a family it's never more than $20.

I live in canada, we have play money. A meal at mcdonalds is like $15
Gentleman ninja warlock

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #495 on: October 26, 2018, 10:47:30 AM »
Bruh, don't hate on the rainbow duckets.

Skittles are stronk.

EDIT: I just checked, and the skittle is indeed not stronk right now.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 10:49:03 AM by SHIREFLIP »

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #496 on: October 26, 2018, 11:19:38 AM »
You can buy canned air from a couple different places, like Banff Park, Canada. This can of air is signed by 2 Chains and costs $18,500 (normally $20,000). Site is here: https://vitalityair.com/collections/our-air

quadcuff

• Rep: -6
« Reply #497 on: October 26, 2018, 12:08:27 PM »
slap

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #498 on: October 26, 2018, 12:18:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I live in canada, we have play money. A meal at mcdonalds is like $15
McDonald's is expensive.   I wouldn't pay quater price for it tho.  The fries a okay I guess.   Fast food is more expensive in Europe than Canada(after doing the conversions) but grocery food is the same or cheaper but way tf better.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 12:21:15 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #499 on: October 27, 2018, 08:24:07 AM »
More and more people don't cook at home because it requires shopping, cooking, cleaning, eating... Fast food is buying and eating.....

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #500 on: October 27, 2018, 09:46:32 AM »
More and more people don't cook at home because it requires shopping, cooking, cleaning, eating... Fast food is buying and eating.....

Really? So people are just fuckin lazy, It all makes sense now.
Gentleman ninja warlock

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #501 on: October 27, 2018, 02:50:08 PM »

Cooked rotiserie chicken, smoked fish, plain yogurt, nuts, chia, hummous, avacado, cucumber,pickled cabbage ect.   You dont even have to peel the cucumber dude.  All this shit is fast food, just march into the grocerie store, grab it and go to the check out and then shov it in your face.   Your not gonna look like a prince if you eat piles of shit like fried food and hamburgers and shit. Also its 4 bucks compared to 10 bucks.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 02:52:24 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #502 on: October 27, 2018, 03:47:58 PM »
Cost wise a value meal is way cheaper and when you are hungry you just want to eat...it's quick, easy, and if you eat that food regularly it tastes good..

I get it though...I cook tons at home but I fully understand why people eat at McDonald's....it's like reading versus playing fortnite...

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #503 on: October 27, 2018, 07:19:28 PM »
I just cooked a big as pot of chili for us and some guests earlier. $27 fed 14 people and I have enough for lunch tomorrow

But yeah I do understand the convenience, especially if you dont have kids.

Gentleman ninja warlock

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #504 on: October 28, 2018, 01:24:35 AM »
I just cooked a big as pot of chili for us and some guests earlier. $27 fed 14 people and I have enough for lunch tomorrow

Sweet. I make at least four meals at the time, as well. The thing about old school meals, like chili and pulled beef/chicken is that they don't require that much attention, just takes some time and planning.

However, I'm the biggest sucker for McDonalds. I fucking hate everything about that company, but those Big Macs get me every single time. Like damn heroin for me.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #505 on: October 28, 2018, 04:46:54 AM »
   Hard partying. I don't get that.  If you got all the class a drugs going AND piling the booze on top of that?  Just seems like work.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #506 on: October 28, 2018, 05:37:06 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Sweet. I make at least four meals at the time, as well. The thing about old school meals, like chili and pulled beef/chicken is that they don't require that much attention, just takes some time and planning.

However, I'm the biggest sucker for McDonalds. I fucking hate everything about that company, but those Big Macs get me every single time. Like damn heroin for me.

Doesnt surprise me you cook in advance. we both train so I'd say we have the upper hand in food prep. I too do my meals for the day separately. Alot of the times, what I make for supper isnt what I'm eating so I do all my meals in bulk basically. And I have too because I eat alot.

McDonald's used to be a weak spot for me too, more so dairy queen. But that's before I had kids. I still go occasionally and every single time it makes me feel like pure garbage. I go for sure if I'm constipated,  it clears me up within an hour.

And gstsg, I dont get the heavy partying either. Again, I'm old. I did it as a teen and drank well into my my thirties but it just got slower and slower. I think I'm close to a year of everything now but cannabis.

One thing I dont get as I get older is brussel sprouts. I couldnt stand that shit before, now it's a goddamn staple in my diet. A lil butter salt pepper and a quick fry with garlic, that's my crack right there
Gentleman ninja warlock

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #507 on: October 28, 2018, 10:11:32 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I thought heroin was like heroin for you?

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #508 on: October 28, 2018, 10:41:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
I thought heroin was like heroin for you?

Not until I relapse. i wonder what killed more people, McDonalds or heroin?

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #509 on: October 28, 2018, 10:50:20 AM »
Easily McDonalds.