Author Topic: Kader weak sauce  (Read 9397 times)

Tyroneshoelaces

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -601
  • who knows
Re: Kader weak sauce
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2018, 12:19:54 PM »
his random footage is way better than that was.  kinda of a bummer but i like him.

the definition of not-having-little-kid-style-while-being-a-little-kid is Bastien.  he was filming for sorry at 13. 
where is home?

FatTony

• Rep: -5
« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2018, 01:20:28 PM »
baker picks some shit riders these days lol

foureyedjim

« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2018, 01:56:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm genuinely confused by all the Vader hype. He seems like a cool kid. Reynolgs rates him. But, from a raw talent perspective, there are dozens of young hungry kids that can outskate him.

Why is he put on such a high pedestal?
[close]

It's 2018 and people still can't grasp the concept that skill is not everything in skateboarding.  There's a reason why people aren't hyped on the Blind skate team (and it isn't their lack of skill).
[close]

Yeah it's all about style. Oh wait...

This is a huge step up from Baker's Knox Godoy days...everything is relative my friend.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2018, 02:40:14 PM »
Board seems to big for him, that's where the sluggish kid style comes from; it's like watching late 80s/early 90s street footy...like watching barbee kickflip in ban this.
  Dude, gonz's video days part was on a 9.75 full shape, -don't blame the board.   
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2018, 03:00:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Board seems to big for him, that's where the sluggish kid style comes from; it's like watching late 80s/early 90s street footy...like watching barbee kickflip in ban this.
[close]

Gonz wasn't 5 feet tall.

The big board doesn't do any style favors for smaller skaters. I was a big board holdout way into the mid 90s but now I think it looks kind of gross (although it can fit some peoples' style).

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2018, 03:03:36 PM »
I'm genuinely confused by all the Vader hype. He seems like a cool kid. Reynolgs rates him. But, from a raw talent perspective, there are dozens of young hungry kids that can outskate him.

I think a big part of it has to do with his form. Reynolds seems big into that- he doesn’t care if the kid can do the newest hottest tricks as much as he cares that he has a proper flick and stuff like that. While Kader isn’t the gnarliest or techest kid out, he flicks his tricks properly and seems to have the kind of understanding of his board that could lead to great things once he fully grows into his skating.
I can’t confirm that as true, but that’s how I perceive the situation
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2018, 04:20:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
  Right on.  I held out till 94 when I couldn't find any wide boards anymore.

Gonz wasn't 5 feet tall.

The big board doesn't do any style favors for smaller skaters. I was a big board holdout way into the mid 90s but now I think it looks kind of gross (although it can fit some peoples' style).

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 994
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2018, 05:36:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Comparing some 10yr old kid to fucking gonz in his [arguably post] prime. Did you even read into what you wrote dude?

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2018, 05:48:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Comparing some 10yr old kid to fucking gonz in his [arguably post] prime. Did you even read into what you wrote dude?
  Whoah.    I didn't compare anyone to gonz, (did I?).  -edit the gonz has multiple primes dude, come on
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 06:02:58 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 994
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2018, 06:10:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
  Whoah.    I didn't compare anyone to gonz, (did I?).  -edit the gonz has multiple primes dude, come on

Whomever referenced Gonz' board size in video days was who I was after.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2018, 06:31:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Whomever referenced Gonz' board size in video days was who I was after.
  Asshole

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1323
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2018, 07:16:54 PM »
Expand Quote
I think the fisheye works against his favor, making his board look huge and his body look tiny.
[close]

he's also riding close to a 9 inch board

I was tripping on his set up in that Thrasher interview. The 60mm wheels were the part that did it honestly. Even people that used to skate those regularly don't run wheels that big all the time anymore.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Pretty Serious

« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2018, 08:30:39 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
andrew reynolds has white savior complex and he's saving the ghetto one skater at a time. except antwuan, he was willis. reynolds is philip drummond, stella is kimberly and kader is arnold. or dudley, he kinda looks more like dudley.

lol hmmm.  I think that makes Dudley Zach Allen, currently.
Tristan and Kader archtypes?

Andrew and Greco pulling the kids out of school for good, TK the Baker gang enforcer is amused.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2018, 02:37:51 PM »
He's still got a bit of little kid style but I think it's sick because you can tell how he powers through all of his tricks. He skates nearly twice his size.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #74 on: April 08, 2018, 05:54:05 PM »

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #75 on: April 08, 2018, 06:28:33 PM »
  I want more kaders and less compulsorary hammer guys.  He's really good I think.  Well rounded. 

Little Debbie

« Reply #76 on: April 09, 2018, 07:29:37 AM »
Gipper's spot on, I think. Kader has impeccable technique for his age and a certain intuition for approaching his board. it's rad and in a few years, he'll pull a Louie and grow up on us

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #77 on: April 09, 2018, 07:21:15 PM »
Kader is really making me want some half cabs
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

shark tits

« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2018, 01:44:22 AM »
chris roberts broke down his 'half impossible' in slow mo and it's a strange looking pop shove it. it wraps like an impossible and goes mid air primo but the board does a 180 and just gets over corrected. maybe it was a lazy casper but i think, legally it's a pop shove it.
reminds me of that penny bs 5-0 tailslide shove it that looks like a mirage.

rejectpaul

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -48
  • No sense makes sense.
« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2018, 02:19:02 AM »
chris roberts broke down his 'half impossible' in slow mo and it's a strange looking pop shove it. it wraps like an impossible and goes mid air primo but the board does a 180 and just gets over corrected. maybe it was a lazy casper but i think, legally it's a pop shove it.

i think its more part pressure flip, part casper, but looks more like a half impossible
Ty Evans doesn't do what Ty Evans does for Ty Evans. Ty Evans does what Ty Evans does because Ty Evans is... Ty Evans

Todd Falcon > Tony Hawk

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2018, 02:15:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i think its more part pressure flip, part casper, but looks more like a half impossible
Pressure shove it?
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2018, 02:41:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Pressure shove it?

I think this might be the appropriate name for this newly discovered maneuver.

The pop shove its obscure cousin who left the family years ago to live in isolation in Nevada is finally rediscovered and welcomed back into skate trick acceptance among a dysfunctional family.

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2018, 03:17:48 PM »
Still don't get the hype. Most of the guys I grew up skating with could of done these tricks. How old is he?
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Telly

• Rep: -150
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2018, 05:30:16 PM »
Yeah, I'm only here because of the 9 club too.

Well, they got the name of the video correct.
Is this kid good?  For sure.
Good enough for a thrasher part? Fuck no.
This feels like baker marketing, and I ain't down with it. I don't need Andrew Reynolds telling me what's good; I have eyes.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #84 on: April 12, 2018, 06:36:01 PM »