Author Topic: Squints on Berrics?  (Read 4632 times)

Nanda Zinger

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Squints on Berrics?
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2018, 02:29:50 PM »
His name doesnt hold enough weight to justify a company named after him. "The House of Kasai" makes sense, Lester paid dues for decades. "Squints Skateboards" sounds like a joke.

chipped tail

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2018, 01:13:35 PM »
I like squints' skating... but I just wanna point out that this self pro model was made possible by a woodshop being willing to make the boards. The woodshops control the industry and if they are down to make any board order that comes thru then its on them that market is flooded with small brands and blanks. Does Squints have a business license, a resellers permit, a federal tax id? if he doesnt and this wood shop made these decks for him then shame on them. everyone could pick their sizes and make their own pro model. fuck shopping at a skate shop, im gonna buy direct from the woodshop in bulk. ever hear the story about the history of Girl where Rocco caught wind of the mass exodus and was blocking Girl out of all the woodshops. seems like the big brands lost that type of power over the woodshops. i know large woodshops like PS Stix have high minimums to drive away brands that arent serious but someone is making these decks for squints.

AllShitty

• Rep: 0
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2018, 03:04:03 PM »
There are tons of no name workshops that will pump out whatever you want regardless if you possess a business license or not. 

PS Stix, BBS and others are at a 50 minimum.  So if you can come up with $750.00 I guess you can call it a company.  All in all it's really not super expensive to start a real company, a business license isn't that expensive.

chipped tail

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2018, 03:29:01 PM »
There are tons of no name workshops that will pump out whatever you want regardless if you possess a business license or not. 

PS Stix, BBS and others are at a 50 minimum.  So if you can come up with $750.00 I guess you can call it a company.  All in all it's really not super expensive to start a real company, a business license isn't that expensive.
ps stix has a minimum of 1000 boards. a business license is not expensive but is required to do business and resellers permit is required to buy items at a wholesale price. those two things protect the retail industry from every person just buying in bulk direct from the source. if its true that there are tons of woodshops pumping out whatever we want with no credentials then why are we buying boards at a retail price. i can come up $750 and so can lots of skaters.

AllShitty

• Rep: 0
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2018, 03:40:45 PM »
Paul certainly didn't stick me to 1000 boards minimum, and neither did BBS.  Perhaps they did me a solid, but Generator (BBS wood shop for the small brands) would have done 50 no problem. 

chipped tail

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2018, 06:01:44 PM »
well solid for you. a few people i know are getting told 1000 by ps stix. idk shit about BBS minimums but if they wanna sell to every tom dick and harry, its only a matter of time before is start Tom Dick and Harry Skateboards to have some wholesale priced decks to skate.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2238
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2018, 10:06:53 AM »
Expand Quote
This dude and section has 1031 written all over it.

But I want to know more about Chipped Tail's wife's dorky mutant sized little brother.
[close]
hes 16 years old, 6'2" weighing about 260. when hes not playing video games hes laying on his back with his laptop on his belly watching anime/ hentai. waitresses always ask him if he wants to order a beer but he doesnt want any beer. His mom made him try a sport so he picked water polo and wore a speedo every day. he was cut from the team for sucking at swimming but when he chucked a shot the goalies ducked. he thinks im a dickhead and its because im a dickhead. he likes fish tanks...

Thank you for the info! When you said mutant sized, I assumed he was very small. So It was a nice surprised to fin out he's freakishly big. Do you think he lies on his belly while watching anime to hide his boner? I wonder if it us mutant sized?