Author Topic: Skateboarding conspiracies thread  (Read 175282 times)

zzz

Re: Skateboarding conspiracies thread
« Reply #150 on: May 03, 2018, 02:43:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I’ve heard it a few times here but maybe they are just rumors but what’s this I hear about Gino being gay?
[close]
I was gonna keep this a secret but whatever. I actually found Gino on a cam site a couple months ago, now I dunno if he's gay, but he was riding a pretty big dildo. I know it was him, he even had the Nike socks and there was tennis rackets hanging on the wall in the background. Conspiracy? I'll let you decide.
[close]

well are you gonna tell us the site or what dude
eastcoastpowerbottoms.org

Jollyoli

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #151 on: May 03, 2018, 03:05:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I’ve heard it a few times here but maybe they are just rumors but what’s this I hear about Gino being gay?
[close]
I was gonna keep this a secret but whatever. I actually found Gino on a cam site a couple months ago, now I dunno if he's gay, but he was riding a pretty big dildo. I know it was him, he even had the Nike socks and there was tennis rackets hanging on the wall in the background. Conspiracy? I'll let you decide.
[close]

[close]

I'd rather not watch Gino push
Hey, hey, hey. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1071
« Reply #152 on: May 03, 2018, 10:17:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

I'd rather not watch Gino push

eastcoastpowertop.org

fixed.

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #153 on: May 03, 2018, 01:44:57 PM »
I've heard the Gino one since forever ago, and I heard it from the same people who were positive about BA back when I started skating a million and a half years ago. Same with Forrest Kirby.
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

shark tits

« Reply #154 on: May 03, 2018, 01:54:45 PM »
megan baltimore lied about rocco not breaking bread and first pussywhipped spike jonze, later rickkk howard and getting their teen team to run away from home.
the kanten russell one, the pros had to recreate his video part to keep him of the team.
danny way's wu banger bs 360 the double set was a kanten cover song. lots of other backside tricks the team had to battle collectively. it takes a team of a dozen to hold kanten back.

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #155 on: May 03, 2018, 04:12:22 PM »
megan baltimore lied about rocco not breaking bread and first pussywhipped spike jonze, later rickkk howard and getting their teen team to run away from home.
the kanten russell one, the pros had to recreate his video part to keep him of the team.
danny way's wu banger bs 360 the double set was a kanten cover song. lots of other backside tricks the team had to battle collectively. it takes a team of a dozen to hold kanten back.

Knowing that makes me feel better that the only Osiris shoe I bought way back when was Kanten's pro model. He was the fucking man.
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #156 on: May 03, 2018, 06:26:18 PM »
This is not so much a conspiracy, but skateboarding/skateboarders used to be obsessed with Third Reich imagery, which is something the industry as a whole has tried to downplay. Much of this comes from surfers in the '60s who were into Ed "Big Daddy" Roth. Some if it comes from street gangs who used swastikas for aesthetic purposes (Dogtown itself completely appropriated the name and imagery from a Northeast LA gang). I do not think the context was racial, however, they clearly knew the significance.

Nag Champa

• Rep: -29
« Reply #157 on: May 03, 2018, 06:32:04 PM »
This is not so much a conspiracy, but skateboarding/skateboarders used to be obsessed with Third Reich imagery, which is something the industry as a whole has tried to downplay. Much of this comes from surfers in the '60s who were into Ed "Big Daddy" Roth. Some if it comes from street gangs who used swastikas for aesthetic purposes (Dogtown itself completely appropriated the name and imagery from a Northeast LA gang). I do not think the context was racial, however, they clearly knew the significance.

88 shoes

https://www.adl.org/education/references/hate-symbols/88

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1966
« Reply #158 on: May 03, 2018, 07:39:33 PM »
Heard Reynolds was indeed suppose to go to adidas when Marc and Daewon went like the rumors said. According to the Euro TM soletech kept him to fulfill his current contract and did not give him an option to break it because I’m assuming they would probably take legal actions toward him. Kind of similar to the Marc Johnson situation except Reynolds decided not the break his contract and do it the right way or at least was forced to. I’m pretty certain Reynolds will be going to adidas soon and he can be seen wearing the shoes in a couple of insta posts that have been floating around lately.

I heard from a trustworthy source that he actually filmed a short intro part entirely in Superstars but it got scrapped, presumably for the reasons you listed.

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #159 on: May 03, 2018, 08:00:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
It wasn't the back 360, it was duffys backside 180, Danny Way triple set Ollie was his Kanten trick, I think there's was only about 4, Danny Way did most of them.

Knowing that makes me feel better that the only Osiris shoe I bought way back when was Kanten's pro model. He was the fucking man.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 307
« Reply #160 on: May 03, 2018, 08:04:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

No, the question here is: What were you doing on a site that shows such content?

Jerking off, dummy.

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #161 on: May 03, 2018, 08:12:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
It wasn't the back 360, it was duffys backside 180, Danny Way triple set Ollie was his Kanten trick, I think there's was only about 4, Danny Way did most of them.

[close]
This is the video part all of Kantens stuff for plan b went to, you can see there's a bunch of clips that were film by either Rosenberg or Ternasky.
Kantens part starts at 7:15

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1347
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #162 on: May 03, 2018, 10:13:08 PM »

Independents logo is pretty much an iron cross. They call it a murf or maybe murph?

All I know is I'm not super psyched on sporting their gear since all these Neo-Nazis popped out of the woodwork over the past few years.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #163 on: May 04, 2018, 12:20:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Independents logo is pretty much an iron cross. They call it a murf or maybe murph?

All I know is I'm not super psyched on sporting their gear since all these Neo-Nazis popped out of the woodwork over the past few years.

There's a whole thread on Indy/Nazi. The outline clearly associates it with the German iron cross. I guess they can say it's WWI without the swastika inset, but Ed Roth rebranded and sold them as surfer's good luck crosses along with Nazi helmets with wehrmacht eagle decals. It's obvious Jim Phillips was a huge fan of "Big Daddy" Roth.

The fact that Indy has made logos derived from luftwaffe and reichsadler eagles (the ones clutching the swastika) doesn't help their claim that it was copied from the Pope's robe.

BobbyPshew

• Rep: -66
« Reply #164 on: May 04, 2018, 04:35:35 AM »
Steve Mateus is the puddle of shit who threw Josh Swindell under the bus for that murder, he sat in court for two weeks testifying against him.
Ron Don's Playpen-Home Of The $2 Lap Dance

sid vicious

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
« Reply #165 on: May 04, 2018, 05:31:30 AM »
Bastien salabanzi - why hasn't anyone at flip been held accountable for holding his video part ransom for 10 years?

Did Arto get bastien kicked of  Etnies, flip & quiksilver all at onces?

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #166 on: May 04, 2018, 10:04:38 AM »
Bastien salabanzi - why hasn't anyone at flip been held accountable for holding his video part ransom for 10 years?

I'm not sure of the exact thing but Jeremy from Flip was the TM or brand manager at Etnies back then, i guess Flip was super hot at that time and they were trying to revamp Etnies using the flip dudes. So when Bastien got bounced he also got kicked off of Etnies and a few other sponsors because i think Jeremy got him on all his teams, i could see it being some thing where Jeremy threatened to pull popular dudes off other companies.

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #167 on: May 04, 2018, 10:18:08 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I'm not sure of the exact thing but Jeremy from Flip was the TM or brand manager at Etnies back then, i guess Flip was super hot at that time and they were trying to revamp Etnies using the flip dudes. So when Bastien got bounced he also got kicked off of Etnies and a few other sponsors because i think Jeremy got him on all his teams, i could see it being some thing where Jeremy threatened to pull popular dudes off other companies.

I always thought it was cool that Mike and Rick never did that to their guys who bounced from one of their companies & let them stay on their other brands. Every story I hear about Jeremy Fox always makes him sound like a snake, even back when they were Death Box or whatever...

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #168 on: May 04, 2018, 10:26:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

I always thought it was cool that Mike and Rick never did that to their guys who bounced from one of their companies & let them stay on their other brands. Every story I hear about Jeremy Fox always makes him sound like a snake, even back when they were Death Box or whatever...
except mj. when he crept over to adidas in the dead of night like a battered woman mc tossed him from chocolate via jenkem interview.
otherwise i think you're right.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 536
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #169 on: May 04, 2018, 10:35:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

There's a whole thread on Indy/Nazi. The outline clearly associates it with the German iron cross. I guess they can say it's WWI without the swastika inset, but Ed Roth rebranded and sold them as surfer's good luck crosses along with Nazi helmets with wehrmacht eagle decals. It's obvious Jim Phillips was a huge fan of "Big Daddy" Roth.

The fact that Indy has made logos derived from luftwaffe and reichsadler eagles (the ones clutching the swastika) doesn't help their claim that it was copied from the Pope's robe.

there’s a general fetish for WWII stuff in skateboarding with Spitfire, the Hosoi rising sun graphic, and I think Ace might be referring to fighter pilots though it could be a lot of things.

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #170 on: May 04, 2018, 11:01:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

there’s a general fetish for WWII stuff in skateboarding with Spitfire, the Hosoi rising sun graphic, and I think Ace might be referring to fighter pilots though it could be a lot of things.

I try not to assume the worst in these cases. Maybe they're just German and are celebrating their German/Prussian heritage? I mean the symbol predates WW2 by about 130 years or something, so it's kinda whatever. Going too far with it would be like when those kids were crying about the inverted swastika on Pokemon cards way back when. Hindus still use swastikas in their artwork and jewelry, my girl's family has stuff like that all over their house and in their jewelry box. I mean obviously I know why they have them, but I wonder what people would think if they lost their jewelry bag in the airport and it didn't have ID; would the people who found the bag automatically think it belonged to Neo Nazis and start looking for some skinny bald white people in combat boots and suspenders, or would the think to look for a couple of short unassuming Indian people? With how assumptive everyone is for the worst, I would suppose that it would lean towards the former...

zzz

« Reply #171 on: May 04, 2018, 11:50:04 AM »

clintendo

• Rep: 25
« Reply #172 on: May 06, 2018, 06:46:01 PM »
This was posted a few years back...

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 736
« Reply #173 on: May 06, 2018, 08:40:48 PM »
I heard no one ever actually "street" skated, all that old footage was shot on sound stages or on location but with permits and everything. I guess people were naive back then, but it's funny anyone ever thought that shit was real, looking back now you can tell, especially when there were "confrontations" with "police" and "neighbours" lolz.
As if anyone would really go and skate some private property with security and people, but the industry back then really knew how to make a buck by selling that outlaw image, and it worked.

It'd be cool if someone brought back "street" skating though, like for real. Last year when they did the street section at The All-Star Jam it was pretty cool.

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 777
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #174 on: May 07, 2018, 11:31:13 AM »
shit for brains = koston

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #175 on: May 07, 2018, 01:13:22 PM »
I heard no one ever actually "street" skated, all that old footage was shot on sound stages or on location but with permits and everything. I guess people were naive back then, but it's funny anyone ever thought that shit was real, looking back now you can tell, especially when there were "confrontations" with "police" and "neighbours" lolz.
As if anyone would really go and skate some private property with security and people, but the industry back then really knew how to make a buck by selling that outlaw image, and it worked.

It'd be cool if someone brought back "street" skating though, like for real. Last year when they did the street section at The All-Star Jam it was pretty cool.

I think I've only ever seen longboarders actually skating streets. The true outlaws of the sport rush Sigma Chi by night and mongo push with sandals during the day.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 252
« Reply #176 on: May 07, 2018, 01:26:52 PM »

That’s why everyone loves VX, easier to hide the background

It’s the same tech they use to make Keenan look like he was skating regular spots, when reality he was actually several inches tall (as Mouse exposed).  His iconic switch flip over a lunch table was actually a d battery

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #177 on: May 07, 2018, 01:38:20 PM »
shit for brains = koston

wtf. now i love eric koston.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

Pavementi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
  • Fuck it
« Reply #178 on: May 07, 2018, 03:36:35 PM »
This was posted a few years back...
Interesting conspiracy theory but how would that affect Sole Tech, Osiris, Circa, or for that matter Vans? They never had their hand in the board game, so their resources shouldn't have ever been diluted.
Like Daewon said: if skateboarding is a ten story building, Rodney is on eleventh floor.

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1272
« Reply #179 on: May 07, 2018, 07:17:58 PM »
main character in karl watsons book is rockin three stripes the whole story

either hes indoctrinating our youth or getting shoes and checks from adidas

or both

but im cool with it because hes the man