Author Topic: a thread on randoms applauding your shit...  (Read 3428 times)

HyenaChaser

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
Re: a thread on randoms applauding your shit...
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2018, 03:14:55 PM »
My brother and I discussed this recently. Kinda older dudes in the hood seem to commonly appreciate skateboarding.

I've had randos film me without asking at this shitty bank spot by a park. They just come up (usually wearing Brixton or RVCA) and say "Dude that was sweet (high five), wanna see the clip I got?" It's a little corny, but I'd rather that than some irrational panic/"I'm calling the cops"

Side note: Common misconception that girls can be impressed by skateboarding, the reality is that 34 year old dudes in cargo shorts are impressed by skateboarding.
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

ogbawtawd

« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2018, 03:33:56 PM »
Girls aren't impressed with skating but a lot of em think skaterbois are hot. I love it when girls yell at me from the window of their car, especially with all their friends. I always yell at em to pull over but they never do  :'(

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -482
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2018, 04:59:35 PM »
Had that exact situation happen the other day , phone out and every thing . I hated it. My buddy did fine but I definitely sat out a few tries because of it. It was a weird bump to gap and I was just fucking around with a shuvit flip and switch 180 cause they seemed fun for it but these people just took me out of it. Skating is where I go to clear my mind and I can’t really do that with weird la couples smoking weed and pointing a phone at me. No matter how nice you are you about it, it sucks. I don’t go up to basketball courts and film people playing a game or practicing , I’d expect the same courtesy.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -482
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2018, 05:04:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Got $100 because I manualed a block once.
[close]
I had a friend who used to respond "gimme $5 and I will" every time a person screamed "do a kickflip!"

Also, as an addition to my first claim, the worst is when you eat shit in front of a random and they respond with shit, its particularly bad when its a hill bomb slam...
"Oh my god! Are you alright?!"
"Stay right there! I'll call an ambulance!"
"Don't move!!!"
My response is always "I'm fine! Nothing hurt but my ego!" even if blood is pouring out of my head.

Koston is now doing a series on the berrics yelling do a kickflip and giving up product to people who land it. And when I fall in front of people or my board gets away I just admonish my board like it’s a pet that just shat in the house, so they think I’m insane.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1960
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2018, 07:08:54 PM »
My brother and I discussed this recently. Kinda older dudes in the hood seem to commonly appreciate skateboarding.

I've had randos film me without asking at this shitty bank spot by a park. They just come up (usually wearing Brixton or RVCA) and say "Dude that was sweet (high five), wanna see the clip I got?" It's a little corny, but I'd rather that than some irrational panic/"I'm calling the cops"

Side note: Common misconception that girls can be impressed by skateboarding, the reality is that 34 year old dudes in cargo shorts are impressed by skateboarding.

lmao, this reminds me of a few months ago. I was skating my hometown park for the first time in years, and some dad comes in with his son who was riding a scooter. Apparently the dad used to skate and was clearly way more interested in what I was doing than paying attention to his son and even filmed a couple of terrible clips on his phone that he insisted on texting me, haha.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2018, 07:14:24 PM »
Randoms can't appreciate the subtleties of my artistic expression but yeah

Nate

• Rep: 41
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2018, 07:35:27 PM »
All situational.  If I'm trying a trick for a while and people watch it doesn't usually bother me, but that girl in the video was being pretty obnoxious. One time at pier 7 this tourist dad started filming me and was kinda getting in my way and that pissed me off.