Author Topic: the most expensive property that you've destroyed while skating?  (Read 8606 times)

Larry

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 8
not talking about your own belongings.

I just accidentally shattered this huge windowpanel on some office building after my board slipped from me. Weird part was that there was some employees in the building who saw it but after a minute of on-off panicing we just bounced without any consequences
Just shred some serious gnar.

feedmeseymour

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 471
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
Re: the most expensive property that you've destroyed while skating?
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 05:46:20 AM »
That was you? We called the cops and were waiting for them to turn up!

HangtenNoseblunt

• Rep: -189
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2018, 06:33:49 AM »
my skateboards
Thank goodness we have HangtenNoseblunt in here as the voice of reason.

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2018, 06:40:50 AM »
We used to skate on a sculpture by Henry Moore. Apparently it was worth millions and we were happily grinding and sliding all over it. Good times.
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

sorry

• Rep: -14
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2018, 06:43:09 AM »
ripped some marble stairs out from "abandoned" city building and made them into ledges, turns out the city was about to do a reconstruction and suits are now bummed that we thrashed the place

cockrabbit

• Rep: -29
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2018, 06:50:00 AM »
busted out a window skating a ledge at this yoga studio, ran away but they had cameras, $250 worth of damage

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2018, 08:39:23 AM »
We used to skate on a sculpture by Henry Moore. Apparently it was worth millions and we were happily grinding and sliding all over it. Good times.

mouth, I'm pretty sure Moore would've been overjoyed at you skating his work.
when I was 15 I was skating in the combat zone in Boston alone late night and my board shot out and hit a hooker in the ankle. according to the pimp who choked me out I damaged expensive goods since he saw her as a commodity. the sex worker was cool AF and talked him out of smashing my map and/or taking what little money I had on me. she thought I was a runaway and actually explained how to be a boy sex worker and stay safe and I would see her all the time when I was out skating. but I always felt bad about hurting her ankle.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2018, 08:42:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

mouth, I'm pretty sure Moore would've been overjoyed at you skating his work.
when I was 15 I was skating in the combat zone in Boston alone late night and my board shot out and hit a hooker in the ankle. according to the pimp who choked me out I damaged expensive goods since he saw her as a commodity. the sex worker was cool AF and talked him out of smashing my map and/or taking what little money I had on me. she thought I was a runaway and actually explained how to be a boy sex worker and stay safe and I would see her all the time when I was out skating. but I always felt bad about hurting her ankle.

shoulda smashed and paid extra for the inconvenience

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3289
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2018, 08:50:02 AM »
Can I consider my own wrist property? Because destroying that necessitated two surgeries which ended up being pretty fucking expensive.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2018, 09:09:34 AM »
4 donor ACLs. People died. You can’t put a price on that

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2018, 09:18:06 AM »
If skating a sculpture counts, than everybody who has ever skated in Chicago's answer should probably be the Picasso. Picasso sculptures are pretty valuable, especially 50 foot tall iconic ones.
One time while we were skating it I asked a friend if Picasso would be stoked or bummed on us skating his sculpture. His response was "Who fucking cares? He's dead"

Cops always love telling tales about how you are destroying something expensive. "The city spent $800,000 fixing these benches last year because of you punks!"
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2018, 09:20:59 AM »
^ yeah I was gonna say, literally everything is magically worth six figures when it comes to skateboarding on it
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2018, 09:27:17 AM »
i like knowing that my tax money is going to the city for fixing ledges that skaters fucked up so we can skate them in better condition
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2018, 09:45:01 AM »
nothing too crazy. mostly just wallriding where I shouldn't. nothing a can of paint can't fix. this recent one was at a multi million dollar house. I'd been eyeing it up for a while. Other people had skated it; but it got repainted. I did not want to be that "first mark" guy. So i waited. But kept driving by to check on it. Then I saw another clip on it and went by and saw some fresh marks. My homie that I normally film with didn't want anything to do with it. Scaredy cat. Everyone has to draw their own line I guess. So I went there with another buddy to film it. I drove past a couple weeks later to see if it had been repainted. Not only was it painted; they put a palm tree in the grass gap there; so the spot is done.

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 208
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2018, 09:46:33 AM »
Universitat ledges, 2007. Random tuesday night around february undercover cop gave me a 2.100eur ticket for damaging the thing. Total bummer

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -478
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2018, 10:00:37 AM »
There’s a sick Russian war memorial that’s like a bank and I skate that when no ones around. There’s a lot of Russians in my neighborhood and have these memorials at this park and get pissy if you skate them .
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Skate_lurker_Rob

• Rep: -48
  • Do it yourself or someone else will fuck it up!
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2018, 11:03:55 AM »
church down the street from me has a huge 2 flat 2 plenty of space to land just you are going to skid when hitting grass..... anyways there was a faux marble ledge that did slide for ts and ns however I was recently learning backside lipslides crushed the faux marble bench ledge shit and bounced shorty there after. haven't been back since.
Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

PPPPFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTT I fart on your pillow bare ass

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2018, 11:15:53 AM »
nothing too crazy. mostly just wallriding where I shouldn't. nothing a can of paint can't fix. this recent one was at a multi million dollar house. I'd been eyeing it up for a while. Other people had skated it; but it got repainted. I did not want to be that "first mark" guy. So i waited. But kept driving by to check on it. Then I saw another clip on it and went by and saw some fresh marks. My homie that I normally film with didn't want anything to do with it. Scaredy cat. Everyone has to draw their own line I guess. So I went there with another buddy to film it. I drove past a couple weeks later to see if it had been repainted. Not only was it painted; they put a palm tree in the grass gap there; so the spot is done.

Could have always repainted it for them ;) might have bought the spot some time.

ZachMoldof

• Rep: -42
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2018, 01:30:17 PM »
are we talking only while riding the board, or does the whole skate trip count? I grew up in south florida. Property destruction and fun were synonymous. And being 16-18 driving around at night with in a car full of homies who felt the same was usually a recipe for damage.

few good ones:

We stole trusses for a roof being built on a nearby house. Cops came by later on, but they didn't have enough evidence and couldn't prove where we got the trusses from. It was just a giant wood triangle. Sucked to skate and we trashed it.

On the way home after late night session we would stop by this huge mall called sawgrass mills. someone would hang out of the car holding a shopping cart and we would just drive like 40 mph and then let go of the shopping cart. Massive destruction. One time we destroyed some kind of storage shed full of inventory. Blasted it with a cart and it exploded.

reptar_bar

• Rep: -7
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2018, 03:55:48 PM »
Broke a window once by mistake. Also used to skate this multi-million dollar historical landmark thing and one of my homies broke a big chunk from it. It was like this super polished marble shit. Nobody was around in either of those instances so we just left calmly.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2018, 04:57:17 PM »
was skating some big bronze statue the other day when this caricature of an artist ran up, he was all in black with black frame glasses and a little beard stubble and he was freaking out, yelling at me for jumping on the art. I apologized and said I understood his concern for me potentially damaging the thing (been trying to take the path of least resistance lately in confrontations) and this fool tells me no, he doesn't actually care about the damage, he doesn't even like this piece, but what is upsetting him is my lack of respect for the art, apparently I am not giving the art the proper respect it deserves. It sounds conceited to say I destroyed this dude in a quick back-and-forth over the validity of performance as social critique and the dynamics governing audience behaviour when it comes to public art in general, but really he had no chance, since he was relying on status rather than logic, and my arguments are the product of decades long consideration, born out of frustration and necessity.

emchen

• Rep: 20
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2018, 05:10:20 PM »
was skating some big bronze statue the other day when this caricature of an artist ran up, he was all in black with black frame glasses and a little beard stubble and he was freaking out, yelling at me for jumping on the art. I apologized and said I understood his concern for me potentially damaging the thing (been trying to take the path of least resistance lately in confrontations) and this fool tells me no, he doesn't actually care about the damage, he doesn't even like this piece, but what is upsetting him is my lack of respect for the art, apparently I am not giving the art the proper respect it deserves. It sounds conceited to say I destroyed this dude in a quick back-and-forth over the validity of performance as social critique and the dynamics governing audience behaviour when it comes to public art in general, but really he had no chance, since he was relying on status rather than logic, and my arguments are the product of decades long consideration, born out of frustration and necessity.

thebacker

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2018, 05:17:11 PM »
my sanity

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2018, 05:34:42 PM »
Marble topped ledges break fairly easily.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2018, 08:13:17 PM »
skating in warehouses that were freshly built but not yet rented was kinda big for a while where i lived. usually there wasnt too much destruction, just some sheets of plywood being scuffed and broken drywall from stacking the sheets and putting angle iron on the edges to make ledges. one time people got a little rowdy and found out they leave the keys in the skyjacks and golf cart. i think the golf cart was turned into a 3 wheeler by the end. a golf cart might actually be less than a marble slab though. as someone mentioned, according to most citizens any skate damage to property is gonna cost at least 6 figures to repair

D.O.T. DIY

• Rep: -45
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2018, 05:32:38 AM »
If skating past an expensive car dealer and flicking my cigarette into a drop top Lamborghini counts

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2018, 10:57:34 AM »
I need someone as articulate as you near me when this type of thing goes down. I go for the path of least resistance first but then digress to "Fuck you" if they persist to babble.

ogbawtawd

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2018, 11:40:12 AM »
If skating past an expensive car dealer and flicking my cigarette into a drop top Lamborghini counts
Your a bitch. Straight up.

Salty Lame Ass Poosey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -265
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2018, 12:52:55 PM »
The custom pool in my back yard
Skateboarding don't owe you shit but wheel bite in the rain -Jake Pheps