Author Topic: The Last Good Movie You Saw?  (Read 576162 times)

Pearl

Re: The Last Good Movie You Saw?
« Reply #5340 on: April 04, 2012, 02:15:41 AM »

Alan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
« Reply #5341 on: April 05, 2012, 11:42:44 AM »
Just into the second hour (It's 544 min). If you have the time, watch it.

Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
« Reply #5342 on: April 05, 2012, 12:29:53 PM »

Really liked this. Makes me consider taking another kitchen job.

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 183
« Reply #5343 on: April 05, 2012, 12:53:41 PM »

Hear me out. On the surface it looks pretty gay. Think along the lines of Atonement. An amazingly shot period piece love story with a really good score. Fassbender hasn't had a bad role and he doesnt start here. The movie was really dark, pretty depressing at times very slow. Appreciate it for the camera work and music if nothing else.

Did you read the book? Good god, the book is extraordinarily slow and dull.

SteamyRayVaughan

• Rep: 9
« Reply #5344 on: April 05, 2012, 01:10:50 PM »

Kristi Yamaguchi

• Rep: -17
« Reply #5345 on: April 05, 2012, 01:19:01 PM »

had to take my lady to see the Artist a couple weeks ago because there was nothing else playing, and i've got to say i haven't seen a movie that pretentious in quite a long time.  hollywood really likes sucking its own dick. 
1. I thought the movie was okay, not really worthy of the hype, but it is anything but pretentious. I don't think you know what pretentious means... The director is a big fan of the silent era movies and he just wanted to make his own fun little silent movie. And it was just that, a fun little silent movie. They weren't trying to make it seem any more important than it was. 2. The Artist wasn't even a Hollywood film you fucking retard. It was made by a French company and then distributed by The Weinsteins in America.

oh please, i'm fully aware of the meaning of pretentious.  and homage.  i think it was more of an homage to the set designers antique collection than anything.  this movie fucking blew.  and i could give a fucking shit who the fuck made it, its still a self-important hollywood circle jerk. 
Obviously not. I explained why you're totally wrong. Your complaints are unfounded, deal with it. If you don't like the movie, just say that but stop acting like you know what you're talking about because don't.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #5346 on: April 05, 2012, 08:03:31 PM »
lol, my complaints are unfounded?  its called a fucking opinion you dipshit.  that movie was fucking awful.  the self-satisfaction of the people who made it permeated every fucking scene.  as an homage, it sucked.  plenty of people have made homages of that time period that did not make me want to gouge my eyes out (cohen brothers films, shadow of the vampire are a few that come to mind).  sorry i hurt your feelings about this "fun little silent movie" that sucked ass.  but keep crying about it.  maybe a jack russel terrier will show up and do backflips to brighten you day.

drunk

• Rep: 59
« Reply #5347 on: April 05, 2012, 08:37:02 PM »
bullets over broadway
formerly toonie

Kristi Yamaguchi

« Reply #5348 on: April 05, 2012, 09:24:32 PM »
lol, my complaints are unfounded?  its called a fucking opinion you dipshit.  that movie was fucking awful.  the self-satisfaction of the people who made it permeated every fucking scene.  as an homage, it sucked.  plenty of people have made homages of that time period that did not make me want to gouge my eyes out (cohen brothers films, shadow of the vampire are a few that come to mind).  sorry i hurt your feelings about this "fun little silent movie" that sucked ass.  but keep crying about it.  maybe a jack russel terrier will show up and do backflips to brighten you day.
Opinion? Let's see.
-Pretentious/self important
Nope. This movie was made for the love of silent movies. That's a fact.
-Hollywood circle jerk
Nope. Hollywood wasn't even involved with the making of this picture. That's also a fact. Hollywood just ate it up during awards season because they are so in love with themselves. I don't see what that has to do with the actual movie though.

And how are my feelings hurt? In my first reply to you I said that this movie was just "okay". I didn't even really like it that much. My only complaint here is you not knowing what the fuck you're talking about..

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #5349 on: April 05, 2012, 09:48:58 PM »

VictoriousOG

« Reply #5350 on: April 05, 2012, 09:53:26 PM »

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #5351 on: April 06, 2012, 06:53:39 AM »
Opinion? Let's see.
-Hollywood circle jerk
Nope. Hollywood wasn't even involved with the making of this picture. That's also a fact. Hollywood just ate it up during awards season because they are so in love with themselves. I don't see what that has to do with the actual movie though.

And how are my feelings hurt? In my first reply to you I said that this movie was just "okay". I didn't even really like it that much. My only complaint here is you not knowing what the fuck you're talking about..

wow, so you're qualified to decide what is opinion and what is fact?  amazing.

and for a movie with supposedly no hollywood connections, its a bit odd that every hollywood asshole had a fucking cameo in it.  i don't give a fuck who made it or why they made it or if the director was from france or if the producer's sister was from morocco or anything else.  my OPINION is that it was a horribly contrived pat on the back.  its a movie for people to pretend they liked because they are supposed to like it, not a movie anybody actually enjoyed.  well i take that back, there is clearly at least one person that actually enjoyed it. 

you reek of college freshman

sven thorkel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #5352 on: April 06, 2012, 08:52:58 AM »
going off on a little tangent here, but college freshman would make a pretty profitable cologne.

Quote from:  Calvin Klein Advertisement
Ignite your inner party animal with College Freshman by Calvin Klein

Our new scent features a unique aroma that is one part sex, one part late night taquito, and one part beer bong belches and puke extract. Tell the world that you're in touch with your wild side. Tell the world that you're wearing College Freshman.

"Front row tickets to a bomb ass play"

Quote from: PonyFAP
I don't know where you get your facts. The first generation of My Little Ponies were made by Hasbro, not the Khmer Rouge. And Hasbro hasn't made toys out of human skulls since the 1960's.

Tom Penny says: My 'ed systems!

Kristi Yamaguchi

« Reply #5353 on: April 06, 2012, 11:53:59 AM »
Opinion? Let's see.
-Hollywood circle jerk

wow, so you're qualified to decide what is opinion and what is fact?  amazing.

and for a movie with supposedly no hollywood connections, its a bit odd that every hollywood asshole had a fucking cameo in it.  i don't give a fuck who made it or why they made it or if the director was from france or if the producer's sister was from morocco or anything else.  my OPINION is that it was a horribly contrived pat on the back.  its a movie for people to pretend they liked because they are supposed to like it, not a movie anybody actually enjoyed.  well i take that back, there is clearly at least one person that actually enjoyed it. 

you reek of college freshman
You type like a 12 year old but you're seriously going to complain about me "reeking of college freshman" ? ::)

All bullshit aside though, I'm not going to keep on going back and worth with you about this. You were totally off base in your bitching about this film, end of story. I don't see why it's so hard for you to admit you were wrong.  It's okay to be wrong sometimes dude. This is only an internet discussion, it's not that big of a deal.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
« Reply #5354 on: April 06, 2012, 08:27:45 PM »
Are you really that butt hurt that he didn't enjoy this movie? If you are, then I guess it must be really good!

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of retarded kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Kristi Yamaguchi

« Reply #5355 on: April 06, 2012, 11:28:08 PM »
No. For the third time, I didn't even like it that much myself. Learn how to read.

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 493
« Reply #5356 on: April 07, 2012, 09:02:01 AM »
going off on a little tangent here, but college freshman would make a pretty profitable cologne.

Quote from:  Calvin Klein Advertisement
Ignite your inner party animal with College Freshman by Calvin Klein

Our new scent features a unique aroma that is one part sex, one part late night taquito, and one part beer bong belches and puke extract. Tell the world that you're in touch with your wild side. Tell the world that you're wearing College Freshman.

I wonder if they can make the various scents time-release as the night progresses. Late night taquito around 1am, sex at 1:45am-2:15, bong and puke at 3:00am. Just for accuracy purposes.
Quote from: Narcissus
My morning commute to the bathroom is a walking tour of things I don't remember.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

ciaran

• Rep: 22
« Reply #5357 on: April 07, 2012, 04:58:19 PM »

Real good.  Similar vein to Animal Kingdom.

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -417
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #5358 on: April 07, 2012, 06:38:05 PM »
The Warriors directors cut.

gutterhead.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -16
« Reply #5359 on: April 10, 2012, 07:58:30 PM »

Pippen

• Rep: 17
« Reply #5360 on: April 10, 2012, 08:48:38 PM »

dude

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #5361 on: April 10, 2012, 10:59:56 PM »

Cinematographer nerds will have seen this already. For those who haven't, the lead actress is insanely good looking and does a full nudity scene. Boo ya.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
« Reply #5362 on: April 11, 2012, 04:56:29 AM »

first half great, second half too long.
instagram.com/used_shoe/

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #5363 on: April 11, 2012, 05:22:27 PM »
bridemaids was a funny movie

Locbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
  • OWWW HAVE MERCY!
« Reply #5364 on: April 11, 2012, 05:57:23 PM »

Castaway on the Moon, pretty interesting, funny at times.
Adam Dyet is the black jellybean of skateboarding.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
« Reply #5365 on: April 12, 2012, 09:30:51 PM »

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of retarded kids and a van full of paraplegics.

dolphinstyle.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 84
« Reply #5366 on: April 14, 2012, 04:50:41 AM »

first half great, second half too long.
a friend of my friend has a little role as nazi-officer in it (just an extra)... haven't seen it yet, though
Look, I'm an individual within us, partaking in this business

kellen

« Reply #5367 on: April 14, 2012, 03:21:37 PM »

It isn't the scariest film in the world but it is probably one of the more original horror/genre films to come out in a while.  It pretty much riffs on all the old cliches in the horror world and mocks some of the japanese horror films that were remade in the u.s.(grudge and the ring).  It also has a nice mix of humor throughout similar to the old Evil Dead pictures.  The films ending is a bit 'meh' but overall it was a fun flick.

Pearl

« Reply #5368 on: April 14, 2012, 04:12:03 PM »

Da Worst

• Rep: -6
« Reply #5369 on: April 14, 2012, 06:26:41 PM »

i will be frank white