Author Topic: Why did wide decks become so popular?  (Read 48253 times)

glutton.

Re: Why did wide decks become so popular?
« Reply #90 on: September 01, 2016, 10:59:07 AM »
People try to be more well-rounded in what they can skate. It's more convenient to have one board instead of having to bring two. Also, they tend to last longer for me because I'm more consistent with landing on my bolts...more surface area. I still bring multiple set-ups with me, whenever I drive to spots.

HyenaChaser

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #91 on: September 01, 2016, 12:20:51 PM »
Got my first 8.25 couple days ago and its so comfortable it feels like a boat. Flip tricks are harder for me but they look better I actually like that you need to get more meat in your flicks with fatter boards.

That's what I'm talm bout
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

Jud Nestorkins

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #92 on: February 02, 2017, 06:24:20 PM »
Expand Quote
It happened with the pussification of skateboarding
[close]

you're not wrong. i think we all noticed the whole polar/magenta/east coast revivalist/welcome-ish shit caught on awfully quick with folks who can't do many flip tricks while also happening to lack the style/talent pontus alv/ricky oyola and company need to make that style of skating watchable. i'll be the first to admit i was guilty of it, same way i'm sure some folks on here probably feel like tools for 39mm/size 44 jeans or heartagram tattoos and kreper trucks or grizzly grip and taildevils or whatever other cringey shit we've cooked up in the past half century.

anything under 7.75" still doesn't work for me though, despite my dainty size 8.5 feet. just doesn't look as good, just doesn't feel as good. 8-8.25 is a nice sweet spot, especially with 139s to give it that slightly slop/loose feel.

As much as I hate the word, "pussification", really?

Get the fuck out of here.

So you mean to tell me that Jon dickson who rides an 8.5 and super loose trucks who did this

Is more of a pussy than Joey Brezinski's who rides 7.75s and does this

All because Joey rides a much smaller deck than Jon?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 06:26:16 PM by Jud Nestorkins »