Author Topic: Why aren't we all buying the Lakai Flaco?  (Read 6318 times)

Deucifer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 10
Re: Why aren't we all buying the Lakai Flaco?
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2016, 11:27:23 AM »
Expand Quote
because nike sb gt blazer
[close]

this, and lakai isn't worth caring about.

I'm gonna toss a heavy BOOOOOOOOOOOOO on both of those statements
I have two words for you: greg lutza's fedora

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2016, 03:17:28 PM »
i just ordered the fura high's for $27 so hopefully there's some sort of lakai validation here for me
good come sausage

juuhnuuh

• Rep: -157
  • i love the 90's
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2016, 05:47:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Because whether you like it or not people are not fucking with Lakai like they used to, they lost their vibe and hype.
[close]

are you a belieber? who cares about vibe and hype.
[close]

Is this really a question? I hope you are not on the Lakai marketing team!
[close]

I'm saying people should buy stuff based on whether they like it, not on vibe and hype. Unless you're a confused teenager who can't think for himself.

I understand that and in a sense you are right but it simply doesn't work like that, people aren't feeling the same way about Lakai as they used to do. Also, whether we like it or not the pre-teen and teen market is the biggest and they are not reaching them like they used to do.

concerned_parent

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2016, 06:49:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Because whether you like it or not people are not fucking with Lakai like they used to, they lost their vibe and hype.
[close]

[close]

[close]

I'm saying people should buy stuff based on whether they like it, not on vibe and hype. Unless you're a confused teenager who can't think for himself.
[close]

I understand that and in a sense you are right but it simply doesn't work like that, people aren't feeling the same way about Lakai as they used to do. Also, whether we like it or not the pre-teen and teen market is the biggest and they are not reaching them like they used to do.

can i end this?

trends have changed since 2007

end of discussion
good come sausage

Jim and Dan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 492
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2016, 10:32:28 AM »

Because Lakai ain't this anymore...
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2016, 12:38:27 PM »
^
Lakai is still Mike and Rick, and that's good enough for me.
you never know about pre-cum 

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2016, 01:38:05 PM »
^
^
^
^
^
THIS!

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2016, 01:42:50 PM »
Oh, and their shoes have been really fuckin' good since they changed factories and put out the griffin outsole as well.

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2016, 03:08:08 PM »
i just ordered the fura high's for $27 so hopefully there's some sort of lakai validation here for me
They're basically the Sky highs which were so good for me I got them in all white filmed some best footage in them
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2016, 01:37:05 AM »

Because Lakai ain't this anymore...
Damn, only pair of shoes visible in this ad are Nikes. Ouch.

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2016, 06:47:34 AM »
I was looking for a pair, but at the end I bought the Huff classic LO leather full white and Dylans slip ons for the same price -> Internet <3

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 172
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2016, 02:51:06 AM »
I was looking for a pair, but at the end I bought the Huff classic LO leather full white and Dylans slip ons for the same price -> Internet <3

Where?

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2016, 12:54:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Where?

Surfdome, a UK Shop. I got a 13US and it's quite easy to find the last pairs at 50-60% off

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -115
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2016, 01:42:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

And this is why I have not bought it. However, some of the movement behind the brand could have changed that, as I feel that Lakai really has not given me any reason to even want to buy their stuff.

Point being, I skate in Huf's, and have been since 2014. Once Dylan and Reider got on, the line changed up, I was into it. And, I can promise you that when the shop I used to work at got their first waves of Huf, I would have never thought about touching them. But, as time went on, the design changed, they put out more content, etc. So I like it to the point that I feel beyond obliged to buy it. There are some other shoe brands out there that I see, and I like the models. But I don't know if I would like them when I put them on. I'd almost feel guilty. I skate what I do as the team is great, and again, the product quality is there. So if Lakai could do something, which would call for a pretty large revitalization, they could certainly have more folks excited. Right now, in my area, it's DC's and Vans. Period.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2016, 08:30:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

And this is why I have not bought it. However, some of the movement behind the brand could have changed that, as I feel that Lakai really has not given me any reason to even want to buy their stuff.

Point being, I skate in Huf's, and have been since 2014. Once Dylan and Reider got on, the line changed up, I was into it. And, I can promise you that when the shop I used to work at got their first waves of Huf, I would have never thought about touching them. But, as time went on, the design changed, they put out more content, etc. So I like it to the point that I feel beyond obliged to buy it. There are some other shoe brands out there that I see, and I like the models. But I don't know if I would like them when I put them on. I'd almost feel guilty. I skate what I do as the team is great, and again, the product quality is there. So if Lakai could do something, which would call for a pretty large revitalization, they could certainly have more folks excited. Right now, in my area, it's DC's and Vans. Period.

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2016, 02:45:44 PM »
They don't look that bad. I'm just not into current shoe trends. In fact, every few years, I find myself hating every shoe on the market based on looks. I will stick with griffen xlk as long as they make them.

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2016, 03:15:44 PM »
They don't look that bad. I'm just not into current shoe trends. In fact, every few years, I find myself hating every shoe on the market based on looks. I will stick with griffen xlk as long as they make them.
that's pretty much where i'm at right now

concerned_parent

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2016, 09:48:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

i felt the same way when brad and cromer got a shoe for them.
good come sausage