Author Topic: Wtf is up with the nine club  (Read 363603 times)

Ray C. Usery

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 177
  • My brother Roy is into music
Re: Wtf is up with the nine club
« Reply #2370 on: January 24, 2024, 06:51:21 PM »
I feel like they brought this pic up on the show before, or maybe I saw it on here and was just sleep deprived

It's been posted on here and brought up on the show a couple of years ago

Natas_Fauxas

• Rep: 101
« Reply #2371 on: January 24, 2024, 06:53:05 PM »
Looks like Slim Shady
🚨🚨ILLEGAL!!!! 👇👇👇🚨🚨

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 802
« Reply #2372 on: January 25, 2024, 07:09:58 PM »
Dudes are getting a little too drunk on the stream and it’s getting awkward
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 952
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #2373 on: January 25, 2024, 08:14:40 PM »
Crobs drunk

I'm still banned from chat.

This is really uncool at this point.

Why these guys still hate me?

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2374 on: January 25, 2024, 08:22:47 PM »
It's kinda tough to watch now the facial is the main catch phrase.

I don't understand it at all.

Makes me kinda uncomfortable

I'm not sure why
(A)pl(E)

citycity

• Rep: -103
« Reply #2375 on: January 27, 2024, 03:14:44 AM »

I feel you, kinda wild to see Chris act like a high schooler who has drank maybe five times, so much miscommunication between the three of them  to the point where I thought it was an act but late in the show Kelly said something like Jesus fucking Christ Chris and that did make me laugh. Kinda called him out.

All in all, lots of fast forwarding this episode which I rarely do. I think it’s fun they are drinking but there was a ton of time where it felt like they were very immature.

Idk I like to drink or whatever but me and my homies do not act like that and do not constantly say hey we are all just homies having a good time.

I feel like there is a facade that has fallen and revealed some more real traits about our friends.

Anyways not a negative criticism but for sure awkward to watch a bit. If anything an odd study in human behavior.

Can’t wait for a 1hr7min review if baker video haha.

Also yea the facial thing was really weird.

Wonder what the gay homies think about that. Seems to be underlying homophobic tones there and it’s odd they are all homies w BA.

Shuh

• Rep: 1
« Reply #2376 on: January 27, 2024, 06:33:11 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I feel you, kinda wild to see Chris act like a high schooler who has drank maybe five times, so much miscommunication between the three of them  to the point where I thought it was an act but late in the show Kelly said something like Jesus fucking Christ Chris and that did make me laugh. Kinda called him out.

All in all, lots of fast forwarding this episode which I rarely do. I think it’s fun they are drinking but there was a ton of time where it felt like they were very immature.

Idk I like to drink or whatever but me and my homies do not act like that and do not constantly say hey we are all just homies having a good time.

I feel like there is a facade that has fallen and revealed some more real traits about our friends.

Anyways not a negative criticism but for sure awkward to watch a bit. If anything an odd study in human behavior.

Can’t wait for a 1hr7min review if baker video haha.

Also yea the facial thing was really weird.

Wonder what the gay homies think about that. Seems to be underlying homophobic tones there and it’s odd they are all homies w BA.

Did you type this drunk?

CrappybsflipDownthe5stair

• Rep: 8
« Reply #2377 on: January 29, 2024, 06:03:00 AM »

contract

• Rep: -2
« Reply #2378 on: January 29, 2024, 08:32:27 AM »

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2379 on: January 29, 2024, 08:50:14 AM »
I agree.

I don't dig the talk.

All they doing is subtract the NO HOMO quote.

I'll start watching again when they cut that shit out.

Everyone is doing it because it stairs response. Tony Hawk and Ellis are slaying us in views?!?

I told you Ellis pretending to be gay and oppressed was going to give them the edge. Don't you know only gay people skate today!?! Well I'll be. How'd this happen?

Idk but we gotta up the penis talk immediately or we're doomed!!!

No homo
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2380 on: January 29, 2024, 08:56:31 AM »
They just got Gary so it's gotta be the peak.

He should have brought Joel tho
(A)pl(E)

biaherl

• Rep: 270
    • Why So Sad avatar image
« Reply #2381 on: January 29, 2024, 10:45:06 AM »
Ellis pretending to be gay

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Red Dragons

Dad Board

« Reply #2382 on: January 29, 2024, 11:34:09 AM »
genuinely not trying to be a hater, but the show, and live show especially feels so formulaic and sorta forced nowadays. Feels like they all just show up every week because they’re used to doing a show and not because they actually care or are invested in skateboarding anymore. Chris even alluded to wanting to escape being tied to skateboarding in a recent episode, like he’s pigeonholed or something.

Also the mental gymnastics they’re pulling on that recent show to somehow differentiate themselves from skate YouTubers or whatever is baffling. They really put themselves on this pedestal because they were pro at one point and have industry access, but they’re dropping shocked face thumbnails and clickbait titles on their videos. I don’t like the hypocrisy and lately I’ve just been getting a vibe that these dudes are a representation of the clicky, elitist side of the industry that you always hear about. Feels like the mask is coming off a bit.

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #2383 on: January 29, 2024, 11:56:22 AM »
^^ completely agree.  They put up a total facade.  They are okay people but, besides Jeron, they’re not especially friendly or outgoing off-camera.  The show is something of an act, but (as has been well-established) when they’re able to bring on an interesting guest, it can be a very good platform.  Their holier-than-thou schtick has been an on-going thing… definitely wears thin with all the other podcast options out there, where you see the passion coming through and no one’s even making a dime from it.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -495
« Reply #2384 on: January 29, 2024, 01:35:08 PM »
genuinely not trying to be a hater, but the show, and live show especially feels so formulaic and sorta forced nowadays. Feels like they all just show up every week because they’re used to doing a show and not because they actually care or are invested in skateboarding anymore. Chris even alluded to wanting to escape being tied to skateboarding in a recent episode, like he’s pigeonholed or something.

Also the mental gymnastics they’re pulling on that recent show to somehow differentiate themselves from skate YouTubers or whatever is baffling. They really put themselves on this pedestal because they were pro at one point and have industry access, but they’re dropping shocked face thumbnails and clickbait titles on their videos. I don’t like the hypocrisy and lately I’ve just been getting a vibe that these dudes are a representation of the clicky, elitist side of the industry that you always hear about. Feels like the mask is coming off a bit.

Crob has been pretty transparent he wants to be a big YouTuber but he knows he has nothing to offer the average person and it grates on his soul.

I think they missed their biggest opportunity after the adidas copa events stopped. They could’ve become a skate media event team and maybe transitioned into bigger stuff. Only Kelly really leaned into that with the judging.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

citycity

« Reply #2385 on: January 29, 2024, 04:47:38 PM »
Pretty wild how Gary thinks he’s saving lives and is rich or some shit.

Out here giving life advice lol. People so warped.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
  • sup dog
« Reply #2386 on: January 29, 2024, 05:02:36 PM »

I am intrigued now. And not shooting your thoughts down in any way. I’m here for the convo.

Do you remember exactly on what episode they were differentiating from skate YouTubers? Curious to listen to the nuance in what they said, because they made an effort to have their backs on Ben D’s episode by even referring to them as “skaters that YouTube”.

And it always seems that they 100% support skaters looking for alternative incomes streams other than pro skating.

It wouldn’t fit into their MO if they were all of a sudden saying in some way that they’re better than any skateboarder that YouTube’s.

(Yes I know you got a channel, been watching since you had less than 1000 subs, when you made a review on the x97’s vs the Dragons… and it straight up made me go buy x97’s the next day. Just didn’t want to seem like I was being combative in my comments :D )
I’m not letting my YouTube algorithm anywhere near that video.

citycity

« Reply #2387 on: January 29, 2024, 05:07:28 PM »
Yes Gary we feel you, lol. What a sage of wisdom.

How many times people gonna say you feel me. Jesus Christ.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #2388 on: January 29, 2024, 05:12:03 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Crob has been pretty transparent he wants to be a big YouTuber but he knows he has nothing to offer the average person and it grates on his soul.

I think they missed their biggest opportunity after the adidas copa events stopped. They could’ve become a skate media event team and maybe transitioned into bigger stuff. Only Kelly really leaned into that with the judging.

Crob would rather die than leave Santa Monica.

Dad Board

« Reply #2389 on: January 29, 2024, 05:24:29 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I am intrigued now. And not shooting your thoughts down in any way. I’m here for the convo.

Do you remember exactly on what episode they were differentiating from skate YouTubers? Curious to listen to the nuance in what they said, because they made an effort to have their backs on Ben D’s episode by even referring to them as “skaters that YouTube”.

And it always seems that they 100% support skaters looking for alternative incomes streams other than pro skating.

It wouldn’t fit into their MO if they were all of a sudden saying in some way that they’re better than any skateboarder that YouTube’s.

(Yes I know you got a channel, been watching since you had less than 1000 subs, when you made a review on the x97’s vs the Dragons… and it straight up made me go buy x97’s the next day. Just didn’t want to seem like I was being combative in my comments :D )

I think it was the last live episode that was like 4 hours long,within the first 20 or so minutes, it wasn’t exactly what they said it was how they said it. Chris and Kelly were having a back and forth about YT and how they get recommended videos from random skate channels and the whole exchange just felt really dismissive and condescending. I also should state that I was a bit buzzed when I watched it so the possibility of me taking something out of context is entirely possible lol. I’ll revisit it and if I was just in my feelings over something minuscule I’ll modify my comment lol. Also really appreciate you watching my shit, man. I hope you liked the X97’s. I ended up swapping back to F4’s shortly after just out of preference but I still recommend those wheels to people looking for a softer ride.

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 140
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #2390 on: January 29, 2024, 05:45:15 PM »
You guys.... I'm a nine club stan on here and even I don't watch the stream. Stop watching that shit. The interviews can be good and I say that all the time -- Crob and the guys have proven repeatedly they can do a good interview. But no way am I gonna listen to those dudes ramble for 3 hours without a guest. There are an infinite number great podcasts covering literally any topic out there that I could be checking out instead.

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 78
« Reply #2391 on: January 29, 2024, 05:50:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I think it was the last live episode that was like 4 hours long,within the first 20 or so minutes, it wasn’t exactly what they said it was how they said it. Chris and Kelly were having a back and forth about YT and how they get recommended videos from random skate channels and the whole exchange just felt really dismissive and condescending. I also should state that I was a bit buzzed when I watched it so the possibility of me taking something out of context is entirely possible lol. I’ll revisit it and if I was just in my feelings over something minuscule I’ll modify my comment lol. Also really appreciate you watching my shit, man. I hope you liked the X97’s. I ended up swapping back to F4’s shortly after just out of preference but I still recommend those wheels to people looking for a softer ride.

i could see what you're saying. I guess because they are being recommended videos of people they've never heard of they feel like its weird that YouTube would recommend it. I know it isnt what they're saying, but it almost feels like they think only people from the "industry" should have a viewership like that.

I think most skate youtubers are corny (not all) only because you can tell some of them are making content for the sake of content, but like someone mentioned about podcast alternatives it is nice when people make content around something theyre hyped on.

gonna check out your videos senjor dad board. it isnt easy putting yourself out there so I commend you and anyone else doing it

^^ completely agree.  They put up a total facade.  They are okay people but, besides Jeron, they’re not especially friendly or outgoing off-camera.  The show is something of an act, but (as has been well-established) when they’re able to bring on an interesting guest, it can be a very good platform.  Their holier-than-thou schtick has been an on-going thing… definitely wears thin with all the other podcast options out there, where you see the passion coming through and no one’s even making a dime from it.

I know I mentioned meeting Jeron and him being a class act in this thread already, but I remember when I saw Kelly at a demo. He stayed at the top of the roll in just doing stationary tre flips the whole time. When I said whats up he was kind. Maybe because it was because he was the flow guy on the trip at the time.

He just wanted to know where the party was at though

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
« Reply #2392 on: January 29, 2024, 05:52:25 PM »
Yes Gary we feel you, lol. What a sage of wisdom.

How many times people gonna say you feel me. Jesus Christ.

My favorite is in a documentary about Tupac where e40 says “you wanna smell me”, like naw 40 no one wanna smell you!

Dad Board

« Reply #2393 on: January 29, 2024, 06:21:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

i could see what you're saying. I guess because they are being recommended videos of people they've never heard of they feel like its weird that YouTube would recommend it. I know it isnt what they're saying, but it almost feels like they think only people from the "industry" should have a viewership like that.

I think most skate youtubers are corny (not all) only because you can tell some of them are making content for the sake of content, but like someone mentioned about podcast alternatives it is nice when people make content around something theyre hyped on.

gonna check out your videos senjor dad board. it isnt easy putting yourself out there so I commend you and anyone else doing it

Expand Quote
[close]

I know I mentioned meeting Jeron and him being a class act in this thread already, but I remember when I saw Kelly at a demo. He stayed at the top of the roll in just doing stationary tre flips the whole time. When I said whats up he was kind. Maybe because it was because he was the flow guy on the trip at the time.

He just wanted to know where the party was at though

Yeah I totally understand the urge to dismiss most skateboarding related YT content, when I got back into skating at the ripe old age of 35 I immediately went to YT because I was already on there for other entertainment and education purposes and I was so detached from the culture I figured it would be a good way to reorient myself. I was pretty bummed out when I discovered the vast majority of it was being represented by people I felt didn’t match the criteria of what I consider the culture I grew up in. That was actually a big reason I decided to start my own channel to offer an alternative to the cartoony shenanigans being broadcasted. There’s a lot of hidden gems though and I feel like if you’re a skate podcast that’s primarily on YouTube you should know that. He always brings up Tom Asta and a handful of other pros who’ve so heroically sacrificed their time and energy to bless YouTube with REAL skate content. I’m probably just overreacting but the more I see of their personalities on the live show the less I like them.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #2394 on: January 29, 2024, 07:39:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Red Dragons

Even in that pic it looks like ellis is telling some random story about himself and the guy hittin from the back is like “oh no way. Dam that’s crazy” for like the tenth time

nothing's been the since same

Doosh215

• Rep: 61
« Reply #2395 on: January 29, 2024, 08:07:18 PM »
I like Dad Board's videos. They're fun and mostly light hearted, and make me want to go skate. Though I do enjoy some good old fashioned shit talking content from time to time as well. Balance.

Dad Board

« Reply #2396 on: January 29, 2024, 08:29:37 PM »
I like Dad Board's videos. They're fun and mostly light hearted, and make me want to go skate. Though I do enjoy some good old fashioned shit talking content from time to time as well. Balance.

I appreciate the kind words, man. I try to keep it about getting people stoked to skate, but maybe I’ll ramp up the shit talk for 2025 lol

CurbyPuckit

• Rep: -41
« Reply #2397 on: January 29, 2024, 10:55:25 PM »
Gary Rodgers is the worst person of all time.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #2398 on: January 29, 2024, 11:02:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Red Dragons
[close]

Even in that pic it looks like ellis is telling some random story about himself and the guy hittin from the back is like “oh no way. Dam that’s crazy” for like the tenth time
Haha fuck

citycity

« Reply #2399 on: January 30, 2024, 02:33:22 AM »
Gary Rodgers is the worst person of all time.

Sick username