Author Topic: lame instagram posts by pros  (Read 1440871 times)

RCB3 and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

JRF

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 145
Re: lame instagram posts by pros
« Reply #8550 on: July 22, 2022, 03:18:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i help run a small shop in southern california and weve been trying to get a Bones/Powell account for almost a decade now. these guys are the lamest, most corporate company possible, and then their TMs or filmers or whatever who are supposed to be the "core" side of things (i assume this TM is one of these cavemen) are the cringiest gatekeepers. old washed up dudes. all interactions with them have been a headache at best, safe to say at this point we will never open an account with them.

this interaction exemplifies how lame these bones characters are.
[close]
Bone Redz is one of the best selling products in skateboarding. you should get the account just for the bearings
[close]

I rode for powell for almost a decade. Getting kicked off of powell in ‘97 was the best thing that ever happened to me skateboarding wise and skateboarding career wise. This sounds harsh, but that company has been trash ever since Stacy and Jim Fitzpatrick left the company.. there are some really awesome people who have worked there (shit, Ty evans was my TM for awhile) and the majority of the people that have been pro and am for them are pretty awesome people too. But still, powell has been irrelevant since 91/92….
[close]

I'd say ty was a good tm?

Yeah, he was.. he was full sponsored am for the team before that and was great to travel with, even though I was a dumb dumb 17 year old. But yeah, all in all? He was great at both positions…..
//////////

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -215
« Reply #8551 on: July 22, 2022, 03:25:22 AM »
My buddy got a Bones box once and threw that shit behind a ramp at our DIY. Said he’d rather keep skating his worn down, flatspotted 40mm “rubber bands around the bearings” wheels as he called them. Don’t think I’ve ever skated their wheels but everyone I know that has says they’re Walmart-tier

funny. PJ Ladd just put a Bones wheels box on his Instagram story

Jonny7.5Alive

• Rep: 87
« Reply #8552 on: July 22, 2022, 04:43:33 AM »
Expand Quote
My buddy got a Bones box once and threw that shit behind a ramp at our DIY. Said he’d rather keep skating his worn down, flatspotted 40mm “rubber bands around the bearings” wheels as he called them. Don’t think I’ve ever skated their wheels but everyone I know that has says they’re Walmart-tier
[close]

funny. PJ Ladd just put a Bones wheels box on his Instagram story

He has some funky setup going on his ventures

Jim and Dan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 493
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #8553 on: July 22, 2022, 07:30:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i help run a small shop in southern california and weve been trying to get a Bones/Powell account for almost a decade now. these guys are the lamest, most corporate company possible, and then their TMs or filmers or whatever who are supposed to be the "core" side of things (i assume this TM is one of these cavemen) are the cringiest gatekeepers. old washed up dudes. all interactions with them have been a headache at best, safe to say at this point we will never open an account with them.

[close]
Bone Redz is one of the best selling products in skateboarding. you should get the account just for the bearings
[close]

I rode for powell for almost a decade. Getting kicked off of powell in ‘97 was the best thing that ever happened to me skateboarding wise and skateboarding career wise. This sounds harsh, but that company has been trash ever since Stacy and Jim Fitzpatrick left the company.. there are some really awesome people who have worked there (shit, Ty evans was my TM for awhile) and the majority of the people that have been pro and am for them are pretty awesome people too. But still, powell has been irrelevant since 91/92….

So, has the Plastic Bench Nerd finally reappeared after a lengthy hiatus?
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
« Reply #8554 on: July 22, 2022, 11:27:31 AM »
I roll Bones STF skinny in 103a durometer almost exclusively.
They're great, long lasting wheels. I also like they that stay bright white forever, never turn that weird yellowish color.
I mean, if people got some personal thing against Bones or you don't like their style or heard they were dicks or whatever, that's your business, but the products are quality.

Paperclip20

• Rep: 137
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #8555 on: July 22, 2022, 11:42:35 AM »

You don't need to plug your instagram account to a bunch of old heads.

bolts the snowman

• Rep: -37
    • follow @nycskatedaily on instagram! avatar image
« Reply #8556 on: July 22, 2022, 11:57:44 AM »
chill bro im just showing you guys this guys funny comment off my skate news page.

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #8557 on: July 22, 2022, 12:49:03 PM »
chill bro im just showing you guys this guys funny comment off my skate news page.
You and your page suck and you should be ashamed.

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #8558 on: July 22, 2022, 01:32:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

haha worst page i’ve seen in a while

JRF

« Reply #8559 on: July 22, 2022, 02:28:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

Well, I haven’t ridden or owned a skateboard in about 7 years (ever since I got clean and sober) which is sort of odd I guess….I’m getting back in to shape/ losing weight so I can skateboard again, strictly for the purpose of fun of course… so I started lurking here again out of curiosity.. but I am super detached from the skateboard world and know probably only 15-25 percent of the new names in skateboarding.. so this is a good place to try and catch up on what’s new.
//////////

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1104
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #8560 on: July 22, 2022, 02:45:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Well, I haven’t ridden or owned a skateboard in about 7 years (ever since I got clean and sober) which is sort of odd I guess….I’m getting back in to shape/ losing weight so I can skateboard again, strictly for the purpose of fun of course… so I started lurking here again out of curiosity.. but I am super detached from the skateboard world and know probably only 15-25 percent of the new names in skateboarding.. so this is a good place to try and catch up on what’s new.

Good luck with your journey, JRF.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

$$LESH

« Reply #8561 on: July 22, 2022, 02:52:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

fuck yeah jayme, good to hear. opinion was the first video i owned. big fan

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2242
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #8562 on: July 22, 2022, 03:25:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

You got this, Captain.

Shout out to Captains, by the way.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

JRF

« Reply #8563 on: July 22, 2022, 05:39:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
You got this, Captain.

Shout out to Captains, by the way.

Thanks buddy (and everyone else too!) Definitely want to get back to it! I Actually love the idea of doing some slappies, and only being capable of ollieing down as many stairs as I can Ollie up, so we’re talking like 2 or 3 stairs at the most! Sounds like a good time to me!
//////////

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
« Reply #8564 on: July 22, 2022, 06:43:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Hey man, 41 year old skater here checking in to say I always appreciated your talent and it's really cool to be able to say that directly to you.
I picked skating back up a few years ago after stopping at age 22 and just restarted at 39.
It's weird, I feel like I'm a new-school old guy. Like, I'm old as fuck but I ain't the guy showing up at the park in knee pads carving the bowl, I'm the new version of "old guy" who shows up in baggy pants with a 7.75 board and only skates the funbox and flat bar because I never learned to skate transition because ramps and parks didn't exist when I was in my prime, haha.

bolts the snowman

« Reply #8565 on: July 22, 2022, 07:46:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

suck my dick 🖕🏼

$$LESH

« Reply #8566 on: July 22, 2022, 08:05:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

suck my dick 🖕🏼

you’re proving my point by posting a screenshot of jaden smiths story you fuckin idiot. now pipe down we’re giving jayme fortune compliments.

bolts the snowman

« Reply #8567 on: July 22, 2022, 08:07:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

suck my dick 🖕🏼
[close]

you’re proving my point by posting a screenshot of jaden smiths story you fuckin idiot. now pipe down we’re giving jayme fortune compliments.

he sent me this after i made a post about his horrible grip job. he also commented that you either learn how to grip boards or grip ass.

liquid

• Rep: -11
« Reply #8568 on: July 23, 2022, 12:22:10 AM »

JRF

« Reply #8569 on: July 23, 2022, 12:51:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Hey man, 41 year old skater here checking in to say I always appreciated your talent and it's really cool to be able to say that directly to you.
I picked skating back up a few years ago after stopping at age 22 and just restarted at 39.
It's weird, I feel like I'm a new-school old guy. Like, I'm old as fuck but I ain't the guy showing up at the park in knee pads carving the bowl, I'm the new version of "old guy" who shows up in baggy pants with a 7.75 board and only skates the funbox and flat bar because I never learned to skate transition because ramps and parks didn't exist when I was in my prime, haha.

Thanks man, and I get what you’re saying about the sort of old/guy new guy type when you started skateboarding again,, I mean that’s the way to do it properly it seems, it’s just like picking up where you left off but with the wisdom of what the times are in the present, if that makes sense, I’ll definitely skateboard much the same but with the volume turned down when to comes to the size and magnitude of what and where I’m skating. Hope that makes some sense.
//////////

bolts the snowman

« Reply #8570 on: July 23, 2022, 05:05:18 AM »

when is he not losing it lmao he already been losing it ever since he got that stupid haircut

Landmine

• Rep: 185
« Reply #8571 on: July 23, 2022, 08:34:29 AM »

Ankle_Lift

• Rep: 79
« Reply #8572 on: July 23, 2022, 08:41:46 AM »

LOL.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 598
« Reply #8573 on: July 23, 2022, 08:59:38 AM »
“You can go to the doctor after you get a job at Chipotle and you can be ask your doctor for a prescription for medical weed.” Your dad’s a G.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 650
« Reply #8574 on: July 23, 2022, 10:15:26 AM »

bolts the snowman

« Reply #8575 on: July 23, 2022, 12:14:45 PM »
“You can go to the doctor after you get a job at Chipotle and you can be ask your doctor for a prescription for medical weed.” Your dad’s a G.

my dad is not a g. he is a total bozo that wont buy me any more decks and he is very racist towards black people and thinks autism and down syndrome is the same. his dumbass also thinks i smoke fentanyl laced weed like there’s such thing but no there isnt. he’s also dumb enough for nutting inside my mom cause if he didnt, my mom wouldnt have had me so i wouldnt have to worry about this horrible inconvenience 22 years later.

bolts the snowman

« Reply #8576 on: July 23, 2022, 12:20:09 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
deadass bro deadass

burberry erry is too white to be saying deadass

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #8577 on: July 23, 2022, 12:33:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

my dad is not a g. he is a total bozo that wont buy me any more decks and he is very racist towards black people and thinks autism and down syndrome is the same. his dumbass also thinks i smoke fentanyl laced weed like there’s such thing but no there isnt. he’s also dumb enough for nutting inside my mom cause if he didnt, my mom wouldnt have had me so i wouldnt have to worry about this horrible inconvenience 22 years later.
Damn dude I’m sorry about your dad

lilboosie

• Rep: 227
« Reply #8578 on: July 23, 2022, 12:40:19 PM »
IF YOU DONT WANT TO WORK...THEN JUST WORK

-Burberry Erry

bolts the snowman

« Reply #8579 on: July 23, 2022, 12:49:54 PM »
IF YOU DONT WANT TO WORK...THEN JUST WORK

-Burberry Erry

he’s really dumb enough to take his boomer dad’s advice too seriously and shuv it down his fans throats.