Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4547391 times)

Reese Bruno and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

BraveUlysses

Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #16740 on: April 08, 2012, 05:36:03 PM »
I've always been really feeling the Busenitz but people on here started talking about how they had no grip and that made me hesitate about getting a pair. I might try em sometime soon anyway.

GISM

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 25
  • pariah
« Reply #16741 on: April 08, 2012, 05:45:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Decided to be serious about skating vegan shoes. Bought these today.

[close]

rad! get that shoe goo poppin. try to make use of any old leather or suede shoes if you have em and cut out pieces of suede from em to patch up the canvas
Some people (not you specifically) really trip on having vegan shoes but they're still from a Chinese factory paying shit wages and no benefits. No animals involved but it's still not completely "cruelty free."

ollienorth

• Rep: 3
« Reply #16742 on: April 08, 2012, 07:18:29 PM »

comfy as hell, extremely classic-looking. really good flick too. they're kind of like an era pro pro

chip delam

• Rep: 1
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re:tard
« Reply #16743 on: April 08, 2012, 07:36:37 PM »
just laced up some half cabs

sufodiv

• Rep: -5
« Reply #16744 on: April 08, 2012, 07:39:28 PM »

Best shoe i've skated in a while.

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #16745 on: April 08, 2012, 07:41:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

vulc salazars, they actually look alot better in person than i thought they would.�
[close]

im thinking about getting some
what do you think about em?
[close]
I like them, they feel like a slightly thinner blazer

those are dope ive always been wanting to try a pair. has anyone else thought that the salazars would look even better if they removed that line on the toe and made it more of a one piece toecap?

Dr Steve Brule

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
« Reply #16746 on: April 08, 2012, 08:33:44 PM »
Bought a bunch of shoes

For Your Health

Wh0l3

« Reply #16747 on: April 08, 2012, 08:51:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Decided to be serious about skating vegan shoes. Bought these today.

[close]

rad! get that shoe goo poppin. try to make use of any old leather or suede shoes if you have em and cut out pieces of suede from em to patch up the canvas
[close]
Some people (not you specifically) really trip on having vegan shoes but they're still from a Chinese factory paying shit wages and no benefits. No animals involved but it's still not completely "cruelty free."

I'm not vegan but I try to stay away from animal products when I can for environmental reasons. Car farts are actually worse for the environment than cars 'cause we have so many of them for our McDoubles and suede sneakers.

The problem with near slave labor in china and shit is that if you boycott those products, it just puts people out of work, and with less money than they already have. From a humanitarian standpoint, I'd rather buy good made in China than the USA. Also, factories for US goods in China are supposed to have better conditions and pay than those of Chinese companies.

It's all fucked, but it's hard to remedy as a consumer.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #16748 on: April 08, 2012, 10:52:57 PM »

i think 99% of people that are seeking vegan shoes are aware of this. i don't think any product is truly "cruelty free" but surely you can understand the reasoning for vegan/ vegos choosing no to wear leather on their feet.

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

myrrh

• Rep: 2
« Reply #16749 on: April 09, 2012, 01:01:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i think 99% of people that are seeking vegan shoes are aware of this. i don't think any product is truly "cruelty free" but surely you can understand the reasoning for vegan/ vegos choosing no to wear leather on their feet.

I simply would like to skate without a cow on my foot.

Front Crooks

« Reply #16750 on: April 09, 2012, 05:32:14 AM »
I have bought a lot of shoes over the past few months but always end up wearing these Cole Pro's the most.  I haven't really been a fan of DC since the late 90's, but after seeing them in my local shop I could tell I'd like the toe, the toe is much better than the Cole S, and even the Cole Lites.  I'm too lazy to take a pic but I plan to buy another pair since I've been skating mine. I'll probably buy Kalis' new shoe when it drops too. 

brownjenkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #16751 on: April 09, 2012, 12:52:57 PM »
i've said this so many times before, but this time i mean it, fuck every other shoe.

then some more

would love a pair of all black ones.

I'm skating a pair of all black ones right now. I bought them last year and was bummed after not liking them after my first couple of sessions. As someone mentioned above, the grip didn't feel right. Also, the arch in the insole felt high and kinda cramped my foot. I switched out the insoles for flat ones and I walked around in them for a couple of months, strictly as chilling shoes. I decided to give them a shot for skating again last week and I love them now. The grip feels awesome and the toe is magic. I would definitely buy another pair. I'll just break them in before skating them.

Stoeipoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #16752 on: April 09, 2012, 03:56:49 PM »

They skate good, and the material holds op way better than expected, but the sole profile is a total joke. It's really undeep and it's almost flat at one spot already and I didn't skate much in them.
Bitches call me pussy, the horse filler.

gnarwhale

« Reply #16753 on: April 09, 2012, 04:25:56 PM »
After savign up for awhie, i finnaly bought some koston 1s, feel like the need to be broken, skated a little and so far liking them, they better be worth the 90 bucks.....

scorpion1001

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • All Hail Carroll
« Reply #16754 on: April 09, 2012, 04:59:44 PM »

They skate good, and the material holds op way better than expected, but the sole profile is a total joke. It's really undeep and it's almost flat at one spot already and I didn't skate much in them.
thats why i avoid emerica vulcs

The Twilight Zone

« Reply #16755 on: April 09, 2012, 05:15:49 PM »

eyyy

victor333

« Reply #16756 on: April 09, 2012, 05:52:10 PM »
After savign up for awhie, i finnaly bought some koston 1s, feel like the need to be broken, skated a little and so far liking them, they better be worth the 90 bucks.....

Jesus...either you refuse to shop or around, or your local shop likes bending you over a barrel.

fuck, CCS has $15 off orders over $75

a couple colorways of the Koston are $69.99

http://shop.ccs.com/product/model:157264/sku:42476610/nike-sb-eric-koston-mens/eric-koston/red/white/?cm=57831

You got had, bro. They better make you skate as well as Koston, otherwise they weren't worth it.

b.v.

« Reply #16757 on: April 09, 2012, 06:45:40 PM »
Retail on Kostons is $85, maybe some shops have a sale color or two but if you wear between 9-10.5 usually it's tough to find something, unless it's a color you hate. And maybe he has a shop worth supporting and wanted to actually try a shoe on. Seems like such a foreign concept on here. Actually stepping foot in a business and walking out with product.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #16758 on: April 09, 2012, 09:11:27 PM »

eyyy
I was checking out that colorway earlier today and thinking about how damn good it looked. If I had a top 5 dunk colorway list this colorway would be in there for sure.

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #16759 on: April 09, 2012, 10:10:29 PM »
ayo victor aint nobody tryna see that same gif in every thread. also payin $90 for shoes aint shit when theyll last you longer than 2 pairs of $45 shoes

anyway these...

are fucking dope. i see you got yo kick game on point anti-hero
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 10:14:23 PM by DaSk8D00D »

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #16760 on: April 10, 2012, 02:18:19 AM »
Skating these right now... First time ive ever skated dunks.

Fuuuuck they feel good. The few times ive tried to skate cupsole shoes ive just changed to vulcs immediately, but with the dunks... They just feel really really good. I ordered another pair that should get here today, might be my new favorite skateshoe.

thepman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
« Reply #16761 on: April 10, 2012, 03:43:08 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Jesus...either you refuse to shop or around, or your local shop likes bending you over a barrel.

fuck, CCS has $15 off orders over $75

a couple colorways of the Koston are $69.99

http://shop.ccs.com/product/model:157264/sku:42476610/nike-sb-eric-koston-mens/eric-koston/red/white/?cm=57831

You got had, bro. They better make you skate as well as Koston, otherwise they weren't worth it.

they sell for ?60 in the UK which is the equivalent of $95
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

SwiftFootedBird

« Reply #16762 on: April 10, 2012, 04:13:13 AM »
had these low and currently another pair of cupsoles (isnt it like that when the sole is sewed?).

the low vulc barrios are awesome, but these midtop ones are more rigid or something and dont give me that much board feel. the cupsole ones are only worth for slick places or flatground since they barely grip.

looking forward to get some vulc fallens. tips/info?

choke mayne

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
  • pot
« Reply #16763 on: April 10, 2012, 08:01:43 AM »
does anyone know why the ipath artisans look pretty good on every website except for ccs where they are cheapest?

A.J.K.

« Reply #16764 on: April 10, 2012, 12:08:13 PM »
does anyone know why the ipath artisans look pretty good on every website except for ccs where they are cheapest?

It looks like CCS used a photo of a smaller size shoe, which makes it seem bloated.

I've managed to stay away from Nike, but fuck those dunks are tempting. 

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #16765 on: April 10, 2012, 12:21:17 PM »

Fuuuuck they feel good. The few times ive tried to skate cupsole shoes ive just changed to vulcs immediately, but with the dunks... They just feel really really good. I ordered another pair that should get here today, might be my new favorite skateshoe.

i could only skate one shoe for the rest of my life itd be Dunks. they're right up there with the accel as the best cupsole shoes of all time IMO

The Twilight Zone

« Reply #16766 on: April 10, 2012, 12:31:59 PM »
I was checking out that colorway earlier today and thinking about how damn good it looked. If I had a top 5 dunk colorway list this colorway would be in there for sure.
i see you got yo kick game on point anti-hero

Thanks guys

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #16767 on: April 10, 2012, 01:17:05 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i could only skate one shoe for the rest of my life itd be Dunks. they're right up there with the accel as the best cupsole shoes of all time IMO

For sure, im gonna go with dunks for a while now. I really like the extra protection too and the boardfeel is still supah good.

Just got these today, they feel different from the koston ones I posted. I thought the kostons was just a colorway.. Or was the kostons based on the "old" dunk or whatever?  They feel a little thinner and lighter, should be really good.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #16768 on: April 10, 2012, 01:34:13 PM »
Found these on a deal that I couldn't pass up

dope as fuck

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #16769 on: April 10, 2012, 02:27:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It looks like CCS used a photo of a smaller size shoe, which makes it seem bloated.

I've managed to stay away from Nike, but fuck those dunks are tempting. 
I had them and they have a square-ish/more sqaure shaped toe. it's not bad, just took some getting used to after just skating pointier shaped shoes.