Author Topic: Sinclair on the Swoosh  (Read 71761 times)

Jimbo Jones

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 3
Sinclair on the Swoosh
« on: April 19, 2016, 10:40:11 PM »
Long time lurker, first time poster. This is about two weeks old, but I noticed there wasn't an existing thread. Noticed Sinclair getting tagged by Nike flow kids a few weeks ago, and it was also elaborated on in Thomas's recent Jenkem interview. Interesting to see what happens with all the Tum Yeto guys now that he has that connection.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
Re: Sinclair on the Swoosh
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 10:56:28 PM »
Keep it core brah ;)

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Jimbo Jones

• Rep: 3
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 10:58:31 PM »
Dekline went under a while ago. He seems to be the TM for the flow kids. You gotta pay the bills somehow

hufs calve muscles

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 02:30:47 AM »
When your that big you end up spending a heap on food.

andocom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 03:07:41 AM »
i get the feeling nike executives secretly laugh at how cheaply they have been able to buy skateboarding.

beazlocal

• Rep: -28
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2016, 03:51:45 AM »
Sell out

shit_for_brains

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2016, 04:38:55 AM »
Another title for this could be "Adult Has Job"

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2016, 04:57:08 AM »
Sinclair's a lifer, and with Tum Yeto supposedly having problems related to Dekline glad to see him find a steady source of income.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2016, 05:09:06 AM »

This.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2016, 05:21:23 AM »
This can't be good news for Nike, because this dude is fucking clueless and completely out of touch.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Changes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -220
  • #NeverForget
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2016, 06:47:10 AM »
When every skate shoe brand is dead, blame the $$$ hungry people
Seriously insane how many people don't ride for skate owned company's these days

Core skate shops need to stop stoking Nike, Cons, Adidas, NB..... But it's never going to happen because every kid wears that shit now, until skateboarders wake up and stop buying it, skate shoe brands are going to be extinct

I have never ever had a pair of non skate brand shoes, could never imagine seeing a ugly ass Nike tick on my feet or a stupid 3 strips on the size looking down, I'd feel embarrised, I'd feel like I'd look like I loved street league
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 06:50:02 AM by Changes »

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2016, 07:02:57 AM »
This can't be good news for Nike, because this dude is fucking clueless and completely out of touch.

Maybe he's really an Altamont Capital double agent, on a secret mission to destroy the SB division from within.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2016, 07:14:01 AM »
Seriously insane how many people don't ride for skate owned company's these days

Core skate shops need to stop stoking Nike, Cons, Adidas, NB..... But it's never going to happen because every kid wears that shit now, until skateboarders wake up and stop buying it, skate shoe brands are going to be extinct

I have never ever had a pair of non skate brand shoes, could never imagine seeing a ugly ass Nike tick on my feet or a stupid 3 strips on the size looking down, I'd feel embarrised, I'd feel like I'd look like I loved street league
Why the fuck should Core shops have loyalty to brands that sold them out years ago by selling in large quantities and massive discounts to Zumiez, Active and online stores? Nike has done some shady shit, but they wouldn't have gained the foothold they did if the "Core" brands (fully core shoe brands don't exist any more and its a buzz word), didn't fuck over local shops in the late 90's early 2000's. Its capitalism. Mall shops get better prices due to purchasing power, allowing them to make better margins than your local skater owned store, Nike's purchasing power allows them to make shoes of comparable quality at a cheaper price than Fallen or Lakai. Even Thomas acknowledges that Nike has solid quality control compared to brands like Fallen in his Jenkem interview. If you don't want to wear a check mark or the 3 stripes, more power to you, but this sense local owned skater shops should have more loyalty to these core brands that made a killing by selling to mall shops is misguided.

beazlocal

• Rep: -28
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2016, 07:26:57 AM »
I was in the mall shopping for a hat last night, saw Janoski Nike shoes, in 4 different shoe stores, 140 dollars, and they do not look anything like a skateboard shoe.

It's embarrassing what people have let happen to skateboarding.

Fuck you Nike

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1224
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2016, 07:30:31 AM »
Don't forget that Larry Perkins had a Dunk awhile ago.  Sinclair's had a connection to Nike for a bit now.

What are you implying here? That Mike and Larry are friends, and Larry got him the gig??? That must be what you mean.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

straight

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2016, 07:34:14 AM »
I was in the mall shopping for a hat last night, saw Janoski Nike shoes, in 4 different shoe stores, 140 dollars, and they do not look anything like a skateboard shoe.

It's embarrassing what people have let happen to skateboarding.

Fuck you Nike

I have second hand embarrassment from you admitting going to a MALL looking for one hat in four different stores.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2016, 07:46:41 AM »
Awesome news. Sinclair seems to be the shittiest TM in the game. Any good skater he has eventually gets sick of him and leaves, weakening the company overall. Glad Nike has decided to pick up this curse.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2016, 07:59:45 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Why the fuck should Core shops have loyalty to brands that sold them out years ago by selling in large quantities and massive discounts to Zumiez, Active and online stores? Nike has done some shady shit, but they wouldn't have gained the foothold they did if the "Core" brands (fully core shoe brands don't exist any more and its a buzz word), didn't fuck over local shops in the late 90's early 2000's. Its capitalism. Mall shops get better prices due to purchasing power, allowing them to make better margins than your local skater owned store, Nike's purchasing power allows them to make shoes of comparable quality at a cheaper price than Fallen or Lakai. Even Thomas acknowledges that Nike has solid quality control compared to brands like Fallen in his Jenkem interview. If you don't want to wear a check mark or the 3 stripes, more power to you, but this sense local owned skater shops should have more loyalty to these core brands that made a killing by selling to mall shops is misguided.
are you just going to repeat this forever? this is like the fifth time this week I've read this post from you.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

shit_for_brains

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2016, 08:06:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
are you just going to repeat this forever? this is like the fifth time this week I've read this post from you.

Nike threads are entirely copy pasted from threads from 5 years ago I thought?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2016, 08:10:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
Does that mean at least 5 running shoe threads started this week? Nike and conversations about it are lame.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2016, 08:14:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
Different thread, and its because people repeat the same damn mantra that core shops should support core brands, without giving any valid reason on why they should. Nike does shady ass shit, but so do core brands. People look at this as Nike imposing itself on the skateboard industry, without examining the causes that allowed this to happen.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2016, 08:16:32 AM »
there should be a sticky thread that goes "new nike sb skateboarder/tm acquisitions"

whoami

• Rep: -43
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2016, 08:18:31 AM »
Awesome news. Sinclair seems to be the shittiest TM in the game. Any good skater he has eventually gets sick of him and leaves, weakening the company overall. Glad Nike has decided to pick up this curse.

This...

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1590
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2016, 08:27:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This.

But not a career.......

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -607
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2016, 08:49:50 AM »
I'm wearing Deklines right now...
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3371
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2016, 09:13:56 AM »
I bet Sinclair's wife and kids are so embarrassed by this move.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2016, 09:32:02 AM »

Haha this. Between Sinclair and Smyth I can't tell which is the worst TM. Both have completely dropped the ball in terms of putting up and coming kids on. Its been touched on hundreds of times in here but they talent they have let come and go is problematic.

Does anyone know WTF happened to Taylor Smith? Turned pro for foundation left for mystery, even though he's not actually on mYstery 2.0.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2016, 09:58:14 AM »

doublesteveburger

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2016, 10:00:12 AM »
This news makes me want to kill myself.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2016, 10:01:15 AM »