Author Topic: kader of baker  (Read 206283 times)

HORSES

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2273
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: kader of baker
« Reply #421 on: October 18, 2022, 09:22:26 AM »
You guys know how long in advance they have to plan a colourway for a shoe? A long time.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #422 on: October 18, 2022, 09:40:14 AM »
You guys know how long in advance they have to plan a colourway for a shoe? A long time.

I swear I just saw a picture of four new superstar colorways and one of them was purple, err violet. I can’t find it now and have no idea where I saw it at this point.

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #423 on: October 18, 2022, 10:19:34 AM »
You guys know how long in advance they have to plan a colorway for a shoe? A long time.

Year and a half at least with the smaller brands. Someone like Nike or Adidas I would say less, maybe 6 months or so. Also depends on the model, if its an existing model requires less time since the infrastructure is already in place to produce it. A new model from the ground up is gonna be on the year and a half - 2 year time frame.

My guess would be if Violet x Kader x Adidas wanted to drop a superstar colorway, it would be a limited number of pairs releasing at Supreme (in store only not on the site since it wouldn't be Supreme branded), maybe Nocturnal since some of the team is Philly. Limited drop on the Violet site. And they could crank that out in 3-6 months from concept to release.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

TheLowerBack

• Rep: 171
  • GTU/FWD

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 114
« Reply #426 on: October 18, 2022, 11:57:10 AM »

Chris

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 12
« Reply #427 on: October 18, 2022, 11:58:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I swear I just saw a picture of four new superstar colorways and one of them was purple, err violet. I can’t find it now and have no idea where I saw it at this point.

http://www.nicekicks.com/qa-kader-sylla-adidas-superstar-adv/

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -769
« Reply #428 on: October 18, 2022, 12:40:36 PM »
Violet is the east coast Illegal Civ change my mind.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

lilyung

• Rep: -8
« Reply #429 on: October 18, 2022, 01:15:05 PM »

^ This is prob the most convincing post so far.

The green and violet joints to the right, match this hoodie: https://violetstate.com/products/the-violet-hoodie

Also are consistent with the color grade that Strobeck has used for yrs (green shadows, violet hi lights).

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #430 on: October 18, 2022, 01:32:14 PM »
Expand Quote
You guys know how long in advance they have to plan a colorway for a shoe? A long time.
[close]

Year and a half at least with the smaller brands. Someone like Nike or Adidas I would say less, maybe 6 months or so. Also depends on the model, if its an existing model requires less time since the infrastructure is already in place to produce it. A new model from the ground up is gonna be on the year and a half - 2 year time frame.

My guess would be if Violet x Kader x Adidas wanted to drop a superstar colorway, it would be a limited number of pairs releasing at Supreme (in store only not on the site since it wouldn't be Supreme branded), maybe Nocturnal since some of the team is Philly. Limited drop on the Violet site. And they could crank that out in 3-6 months from concept to release.

That's what I'm saying. The shops got the pdf to order those shoes 7 months ago. They would have to be conceptualized and sampled well before that. And the colourway is "Dark Purple/Metallic Gold" so anyone thinking that these shoes have anything to do with the brand Violet are severely grasping at straws.

Not saying he's not gonna be on Violet. I don't have any opinion on that, but the Superstars definitely are not some grand scheme to match his new board sponsor.

Welpok

• Rep: 13
« Reply #431 on: October 18, 2022, 01:38:09 PM »
So, choosing colors for an existing shoe takes a really long time? I mean, I can understand it taking a long time if they were designing a white from scratch.
SLAP: come for the gossip, stay for the lk130 Stylin’ On You attempts

“More celebrities know of me than I know of them.” -James T. Greco

Roy Machine

• Rep: -5
« Reply #432 on: October 18, 2022, 01:50:21 PM »
I don't care which brand Kader is riding for. All I want is a full part of him godamit.

On another note: fat bill is the owner and creative mastermind behind Violet, right? Is it just me or is there some kind of cultural appropriation going on with this brand?

backfliptofiftyfifty

• Rep: -144
  • commitment issues (in life and skating)
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #433 on: October 18, 2022, 01:56:22 PM »

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #434 on: October 18, 2022, 02:01:23 PM »
Expand Quote
So, choosing colors for an existing shoe takes a really long time? I mean, I can understand it taking a long time if they were designing a white from scratch.
[close]
do you think producing a colorway happens overnight?

usually takes a year in advance

KGB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #435 on: October 18, 2022, 02:59:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah that’s the same picture thanks! Thought I was going crazier

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1076
« Reply #436 on: October 18, 2022, 03:33:38 PM »

I don’t know how adidas works, but I have a friend who is part of a design team at a running shoe company and it takes them 9-12 months to get a shoe from the design stage to stores.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

m path

• Rep: -51
« Reply #437 on: October 18, 2022, 03:55:15 PM »
  Geez Louie's I just watched Steezy's yt compilation of Kader's insta stuff he's done lately, -he's on another level!  I never seen skating like that.  Crazy energy.  He's my skater of the year right now.
"You used to speak the truth but now you're clever"

LebowskisRug

« Reply #438 on: October 18, 2022, 03:56:22 PM »
@Sk.A.T.A.N works at Adidas they can chime in?

Welpok

« Reply #439 on: October 18, 2022, 04:28:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don’t know how adidas works, but I have a friend who is part of a design team at a running shoe company and it takes them 9-12 months to get a shoe from the design stage to stores.
Thank you for the insight. I get that it take a while for them to hit stores and all, but my question is a bit more specific I guess. I mean, are color ways are that hard to come up with more or less what I am getting at.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #440 on: October 18, 2022, 04:29:36 PM »

DERBY

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 272
« Reply #441 on: October 18, 2022, 04:52:55 PM »

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #442 on: October 18, 2022, 05:17:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Thank you for the insight. I get that it take a while for them to hit stores and all, but my question is a bit more specific I guess. I mean, are color ways are that hard to come up with more or less what I am getting at.

Depends on the company. Someone like Nike is going to be pretty strict on what colors and materials can go on which panel when it comes to something like a dunk. They don’t want it to be similar to another legacy release or older SB as they don’t retro those.

Someone like adidas I think wouldn’t be too pressed on a superstar. And could probably move something through approvals quickly
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1261
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #443 on: October 18, 2022, 05:26:14 PM »

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #444 on: October 18, 2022, 05:37:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah it's still going to be a process even if they're just picking a colourway.
I don't have specific timetables, but the people in the skate division have to decide they want to do a Kader colourway.
They get a hold of Kader, ask him what he wants, colours, material, etc. They'll discuss a concept and maybe marketing. Probably go back and forth a few times before settling on what the final concept/colour is going to be.
They get a sample of it ordered and wait for it to arrive. Both parties gotta check it out and agree on it. They may have to get more than one sample before they get it the way they want.
They contact shops and take prebooks.
Then they put in the order for the factory based on how many units are prebooked.
So yeah it's not really "Hey Kader, what colour do you want." "Purple." "Okay they'll be here Tuesday."

All that is to say that anyone who thinks a purple Kader Superstar coming out has anything to do with if he may or may not ride for Violet, it doesn't.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3360
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #445 on: October 18, 2022, 05:41:45 PM »
Kind of bummed I thought he was going to be pro for Disorder by mid-October. Had money on it. What happened?

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 173
« Reply #446 on: October 18, 2022, 06:52:46 PM »
Seems pretty reasonable to think Kader might select purple shoes as one of his colorways after investing in Violet.  Adidas would be aware of his future board brand plans, doesn’t seem outlandish to speculate this could be somewhat coordinated.  But I could be overthinking it.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1076
« Reply #447 on: October 18, 2022, 07:26:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I’m sure it’s different with signature shoes, but he and his team seem to spend an awful lot of time selecting which color of blue they are going to use. With a Kader though, my guess is that it’s one or two designers working on these and not an entire team.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Southernmost

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 133
« Reply #448 on: October 18, 2022, 08:38:20 PM »
Seems pretty reasonable to think Kader might select purple shoes as one of his colorways after investing in Violet.  Adidas would be aware of his future board brand plans, doesn’t seem outlandish to speculate this could be somewhat coordinated.  But I could be overthinking it.

Did I miss the part where he actually invested into Violet? I agree it may or may not be a coincidence he’s for the purple shoe dropping possibly in sync with joining Violet. He could’ve timed it with his Baker contract expiring if there was one. On a side note those dark Mocha color /// Superstars look nice. I had planned on buying the black ones but wasn’t too stoked on the fur stripes when I saw them in person. They look and felt great just not really my style.

Welpok

« Reply #449 on: October 18, 2022, 09:46:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

I’m sure it’s different with signature shoes, but he and his team seem to spend an awful lot of time selecting which color of blue they are going to use. With a Kader though, my guess is that it’s one or two designers working on these and not an entire team.
Again, putting it into perspective for me. Much appreciated friend! Definitely more complicated than I initially thought. Well, I am curious to see how everything comes out, especially with all the speculation going on right now. Although there is no hard proof of a sponsor jump, but who knows. Again, thank you.