Author Topic: Adrien Lopez should not be pro  (Read 8132 times)

theroots

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 1
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Adrien Lopez should not be pro
« Reply #120 on: December 31, 2007, 01:13:28 AM »
tim's funny as shit, he just says what everyone else is already thinking

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #121 on: December 31, 2007, 01:45:04 AM »
http://youtube.com/watch?v=AkQyJQ-m4jU

adrian lopez really isnt so bad.....this is a sort of stupid topic

wheee!

bobjohn

« Reply #122 on: December 31, 2007, 02:08:05 AM »
Have any pros come out of Barrio Logan?

tony hawk

« Reply #123 on: January 04, 2008, 02:50:30 AM »
adrien lopez and austin stephens

SHOULD NOT BE PRO. PERIOD.

Mad Max

« Reply #124 on: January 04, 2008, 04:57:06 AM »
Seeing how the lines are so blurred between ams and pros nowadays, I guess being a pro means a lot more responsability and positive action to get coverage, tour and promote your sponsors. Looking at that criteria, I find that Adrian isn't really pulling his weight of late.

I'm no longer a fan of Adrian, but I do respect his opening backside lipslide in the Reason on that tight white hubba. Gnarly even for today.

rollo

• Rep: -3
« Reply #125 on: January 04, 2008, 06:07:20 AM »
Expand Quote
I can't believe some of you guys are even calling Lopez an "old pro".  Dudes like 26 or 27!  He deserves every bit he's got and more.  I'm not going to sob story his shit with injury excuses, but the dudes been down since day one.  His Misled Youth part is one of my favorite parts to date.  He's had the best attitude and level head for a long time.  Even at demos when Jamie and other teammates have been over it (sorry Jamie I realize we all have our days where an attitude shows) Lopez was out there still skating, still talking, still signing.
[close]

No need to be sorry, cause you're tripping. I may be old, tired and have been doing the same tricks for 10 years, but if there's one thing I make sure of is that I give demos everything I got and I stay on the course until I'm beating a dead horse. Since Cole's been on we have a friendly battle every demo to be the last man standing, we usually tap out together. ...oh and I've never left a signing (other than in Germany or for an emergency) without signing every last autograph, never. Lopes is my dog, but you're off.

hey jamie, what happened in germany? Cuz im like from there.

i think saying stuff like blabla shouldnt be pro is really narrow minded. i mean from a skateboarder point of view you may not be into some peoples skating, but if you look at job life in general
and have worked some stupid boring jobs for money, how can you not encourage anyone to make a living with something more interesting? Maybe be a pro skater?!!
i guess mostly teenage skateboarders who are pissed they dont get their names out there would say such a thing.
all those pros who are said to be milking it skated their asses off for little money before, and if your a hot am, your time will come.

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #126 on: January 04, 2008, 06:50:10 AM »

remEMBer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 52
    • emb4ever avatar image
« Reply #127 on: January 04, 2008, 09:52:00 AM »
I really liked his Misled Youth part and it was sick he skated to Prowler from Iron Maiden as for his other parts? I thought they were solid not as good as MY, but he's put in work in and deserves to be pro.

Math Professor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
« Reply #128 on: January 04, 2008, 12:51:24 PM »
I really liked his Misled Youth part and it was sick he skated to Prowler from Iron Maiden as for his other parts? I thought they were solid not as good as MY, but he's put in work in and deserves to be pro.

In the last skateboard mag he talked about how disappointed he was in his last couple of parts.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
« Reply #129 on: January 04, 2008, 01:10:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

In the last skateboard mag he talked about how disappointed he was in his last couple of parts.

and he said he recently got sober, pretty sure he wants to prove himself worthy to the starter of this topic

skateface

• Rep: -6
    • Skateboard News Info and other crap avatar image
« Reply #130 on: January 04, 2008, 04:26:27 PM »
Lopez is pretty awesome. Maybe his last couple of video parts weren't the best but skate with him in person and you'll see how bad ass he is.