Author Topic: Adrien Lopez should not be pro  (Read 8153 times)

eggyolk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -53
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Adrien Lopez should not be pro
« on: December 24, 2007, 06:04:57 PM »
thats right. Dude blows at everything, his parts suck, micro gaps look huge on midgets i guess. what do you think?

Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2

• Rep: -64
Re: Adrien Lopez should not be pro
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 06:08:29 PM »
He used to be really sick. you havent seen any of his old parts have you?

picklesickshuv-it

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2007, 06:15:13 PM »
his thrill of it all part still amazes me to this day

Sidewalk Funk

• Rep: 6
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2007, 06:21:23 PM »
I really liked his Thrill of it All part when that video came out and still occassionally give it a watch. I haven't been into much of his stuff lately, but I still think he deserves to be pro.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 06:32:40 PM by Sidewalk Funk »
Be careful what you say, Paul Kwon might be lurking.

subclassic

• Rep: 8
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2007, 06:28:04 PM »
unfortunately, the word professional means that you handle business. as one of the 3 pros on mystery when the video came out, I was blown away that he was only in the montage, and barely there at all. that's fucking weak.

barr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2007, 06:32:36 PM »
thats right. Dude blows at everything, his parts suck, micro gaps look huge on midgets i guess. what do you think?

I think that you should leave that stuff to the people who actually have a say in it

parkingblockdog

• Rep: 3
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2007, 06:52:13 PM »
I think he should be pro if he needs the money.  People always complain about pros "milking it" but what do you expect them to do?  Unfortunately, being a pro skater does not give you many skills that can be applied to real world jobs and isn't exactly a resume builder.  If you expect a skater to devote his whole life to skating, which is what it requires to be pro (mostly), than they really don't have too many other avenues to make money.  Not every skater has the "oppurtunity to making six fugures a year" like Chad Tim Tim.  Can you really blame older pros for using the most profitable skill they have to pay the rent?  If a skater is really not working hard to progress I understand the beef, but older dudes are not going to be able to emulate what they could do 5 to 10 years ago when they were in their prime.  If anything it makes me happy to see companies not throwing older dudes by the wayside.

CigaretteBeer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -392
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2007, 07:57:32 PM »
I used to really like his old stuff. His Thrill of it All and Misled Youth parts were great. After Dying To Live came out I wasn't too stoked on the guys skating.
"You were such a shitty parent that your kid couldn't even make it to term A guy who killed his child before it could be born because he was so shitty didn't do anything wrong.You know how the rest of us became positive members of society BY NOT BEING PIECES OF SHIT IN THE FIRST PLACE"-Ronald Reagon

jack sandwich

• Rep: 21
  • lost in the sauce.
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2007, 08:18:53 PM »
i don't like dudes who are more into their cars than into their skating..

juss sayin'  :-\

A-Bo

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2007, 08:22:08 PM »
It really doesnt affect me if he is still pro, thats Jamie's problem. He isnt good and has rollerblader style, but those are my personal qualms and shouldnt dictate his pro-dom. If you turn pro I think you might as well stay it, if he were some young am i would say he shouldnt turn pro, but he is, so whatever.

mick swagger

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2007, 08:23:56 PM »
dudes got a mean backlip.

asdfdsa

• Rep: 7
  • DC's Finest
    • mire esto avatar image
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2007, 08:28:47 PM »
I like his Misled Youth part, but his stuff in Mystery was disappointing. I would have rather seen a couple really good guest tricks in somebody's part.

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2007, 08:51:45 PM »
What about Jeff Lenoce

DrNewton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -169
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2007, 08:58:22 PM »
Oh, what the fuck. I posted this same shit a couple of months ago, and everyone got pissy with me, and for whatever reason ranted for pages about how great Adrian Lopez was.

I've dedicated my entire life to skating for the last seven years now, and nobody is giving me shit for that. In fact, I'm paying to do it because I love it. Am I complaining? Hell no. I would pay quadruple the amount I currently do to skate if I had to. I'm not entitled to a job in the industry or anything else.

Lopez has made some contributions to the industry, and so he deserves a job within it somewhere, but him holding onto his pro status is a classic example of the Donny Barley syndrome.

Not to mention how closely the guy resembles a turtle. A midget turtle.
One of my favorite lines is the one of spiked meth drnewton does off of lou pearlmans viarga and toddler-blood induced erection that finally puts that bitch 6 feet deep.

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2007, 09:04:04 PM »
I think he should be pro if he needs the money.  People always complain about pros "milking it" but what do you expect them to do?  Unfortunately, being a pro skater does not give you many skills that can be applied to real world jobs and isn't exactly a resume builder.  If you expect a skater to devote his whole life to skating, which is what it requires to be pro (mostly), than they really don't have too many other avenues to make money.  Not every skater has the "oppurtunity to making six fugures a year" like Chad Tim Tim.  Can you really blame older pros for using the most profitable skill they have to pay the rent?  If a skater is really not working hard to progress I understand the beef, but older dudes are not going to be able to emulate what they could do 5 to 10 years ago when they were in their prime.  If anything it makes me happy to see companies not throwing older dudes by the wayside.

what.

the.

fuck.
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

DrNewton

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2007, 09:06:10 PM »
What about Jeff Lenoce

I love his skating, but I don't know what the fuck he is doing. Baker 3 came out, and his part was short, with really old footage and only a couple of tricks.

"No big deal, he's saving all of his good footage for Fully Flared."

And now I see that he just didn't have shit. What a fucking disappointment.  

One of my favorite lines is the one of spiked meth drnewton does off of lou pearlmans viarga and toddler-blood induced erection that finally puts that bitch 6 feet deep.

Steezburger413

• Rep: -7
    • www.theoryskateboarding.com avatar image
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2007, 09:08:29 PM »
Steeziest backlips and full cabs. He has paid his dues, no doubt he totally deserves to be pro.
"I know you ain't the fool that you is kid!"

MikeyPioggia

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2007, 09:28:59 PM »
Steeziest backlips and full cabs. He has paid his dues, no doubt he totally deserves to be pro.
seriously

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2007, 09:31:43 PM »
His Misled Youth part was super legit.

I guess hes had injuries and been more of a company guy at Mystery/Circa for the last few years?

Hope he makes a lil come back.
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2007, 10:34:52 PM »
Oh, what the fuck. I posted this same shit a couple of months ago, and everyone got pissy with me, and for whatever reason ranted for pages about how great Adrian Lopez was.

I've dedicated my entire life to skating for the last seven years now, and nobody is giving me shit for that. In fact, I'm paying to do it because I love it. Am I complaining? Hell no. I would pay quadruple the amount I currently do to skate if I had to. I'm not entitled to a job in the industry or anything else.

Lopez has made some contributions to the industry, and so he deserves a job within it somewhere, but him holding onto his pro status is a classic example of the Donny Barley syndrome.

Brilliant as ever!!!
"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

DrNewton

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2007, 10:38:27 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Brilliant as ever!!!

Entire life as in all aspects, fuckhead.

DrNewton

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2007, 10:45:13 PM »
DO NOT POST YOUR OPINIONS DAMN IT.

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2007, 10:46:18 PM »
Lopes is OG Zero and helped make everything we got what it is and if he says he still wants it, then I'm backing him regardless of what anyone else thinks.
Also, he's more conscious of where he's at than anyone, so you can save it.
"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

ryanoconnor

• Rep: 5
  • pile for life
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2007, 10:48:25 PM »
in all honesty, a lot of older pros behind companies are kinda slacking which in my opinion is fine. they've paid their dues over the years and probably don't see any harm in taking it easy for a while. i know lopez may not be as steezy as say, rudy johnson, but that dude milked the fuck out of skateboarding for years after he was done. i had no clue who he was but he still had boards circulating around for like three years when i first began skating. 

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2007, 10:57:47 PM »
...you can save it meaning, "if you're not telling a person about shortcomings they're not aware of, then why bother?"

DrNewton

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2007, 11:03:07 PM »
...you can save it meaning, "if you're not telling a person about shortcomings they're not aware of, then why bother?"

So he is aware that he is as short as a midget, and looks like a turtle?

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2007, 11:09:08 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I'll ask him.

Hey, what's that movie with John Travolta and the babies that talk?
...post a link to your footage dude that hates on everyone.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1996
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2007, 11:16:24 PM »
Lopes is OG Zero and helped make everything we got what it is and if he says he still wants it, then I'm backing him regardless of what anyone else thinks.
Also, he's more conscious of where he's at than anyone, so you can save it.

straight from the horses mouth....

i cant hate on lopez, despite his disappointing recent parts....  mean back lip and half cab flips.....
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

DrNewton

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2007, 11:17:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I'll ask him.

Hey, what's that movie with John Travolta and the babies that talk?
...post a link to your footage dude that hates on everyone.

My footage? I don't skate to entertain.

A-Bo

« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2007, 11:30:48 PM »