Author Topic: EA Skate Demo  (Read 219121 times)

killbot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 13
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: EA Skate Demo
« Reply #570 on: December 23, 2007, 06:39:30 PM »
k how do you go about making one of those recreations, someone should do a step by step cause winter is here and i'm fucking bored.

A-Bo

« Reply #571 on: December 23, 2007, 06:41:06 PM »
ya i wanna just like remake Sorry or something, i think they have all those spots.

Peter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 181
« Reply #572 on: December 23, 2007, 07:08:07 PM »
This tutorial will take you step by step on how to download your skate.reel footage (my shared media) to your computer and then convert those files into Video Editor complaint files.

This tutorial seems very long but that is only because its very detailed. The whole process in general is very quick and efficient once you do it a couple times.

What you will need...

Be able to login and view your videos from skate.reel.
If anyone is looking for the "resend confirmation link" to link your EA and Gamertag let me know, ill dig it up.

Firefox: 1.5 - 3.0a2
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

Video DownloadHelper
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3006

FLV to AVI MPEG WMV 3GP MP4 iPod Converter (FREE VERSION!)
http://www.aone-soft.com/flv_to_avi_mpeg_wmv_3gp_mp4_ipod_converter.htm

Any video editor. I use Adobe Premiere CS3.

Getting the video off of Skate.Reel
-----------------------------------

First thing is first. Make sure you have mozilla installed plus the plugin. All that should be pretty easy to do, reply if you need help.

Next, go to http://skate.ea.com --> Skate.Reel --> Find It (button) --> Login To EA (if your not already) and now you should be sitting in your profile and see your 1-3 Shared Media to the right.

Click on the video you want to put on your computer. It will take you to the video page where you can now download it. BUT WAIT! This is important, your plugin will not recognize your video until you make the video actually play. So click on the "Click to Play" and your video will start. If you pay close attention up over by your address bar you will see a little orb animation (right next to your 'Go' arrow which is next to your address bar).

Click on the arrow next to the orb (NOT THE ORB ITSELF) and this will drop down of list of things available to download on the page. You should see something along the lines of "T61FMgAAAADXVwkyIwh8AA", it wont be the same but you get the idea.

THIS IS THE MOST CRUCIAL PART!! MAKE SURE YOU READ!!

Click on the file (remember something like this "T61FMgAAAADXVwkyIwh8AA") and it will ask you where do you want to save it. Find your directory (your choice dont matter) and rename it (I rename mine to like FSbluntrail.flv). Alright here it is.. you MUST save your file, whatever you name it, with the '.flv' extension at the end. DO NOT FORGET TO DO THIS OR IT WILL SAVE IT AS JUST A FILE AND BE OF NO USE! (renaming it to .flv later doesnt work either)

There you go. You now have an .flv clip of your uploaded video. On to converting!

Converting from .flv to .avi
----------------------------
Open up the FLV to AVI, MPEG, WMV converter. Click try. (You dont have to ever purchase this nor is it a time-limit software. It only allows you to convert 1 minute of .flv files (per each file). BUT since your .flv will never be longer than a minute (if your getting them of skate.reel) you have nothing to worry about.

Click the add button on the top left, find your saved .flv file and it will add it to the queue. Select your output folder (just under the queue, I usually make a 'converted' folder within my .flv files folder). And now set the settings, this is what mine is at, and im happy with them, but you can always change them up and try different things out.

Profiles: WMV
Video Quality: High
Video Codec: wmv1
Resolution: Original as input
_frame_rate: 25.0 fps
Aspect Ratio: Auto
Audio Quality 128 kbps (good)
Audio Codec: wmav2
Channels: 2 Channels Stereo
Sample Rate 44100 Hz

After you have your .flv(s) all in the queue all you got to do is hit convert. Click Try then okay and it will do its thing. Now you have your .flv files converted into your desired format.

YOUR DONE!
----------

Thats it, your ready to open up your favorite video editor, import the video files and start slicing and dicing!

killbot

• Rep: 13
« Reply #573 on: December 23, 2007, 07:10:09 PM »
thanks!

Universal Remonster

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -22
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #574 on: December 23, 2007, 09:23:27 PM »
too bad skate reel is a piece of shit

frisco

« Reply #575 on: December 23, 2007, 09:51:49 PM »
did anyone else have problems getting sent the verification email for the gamer tag thing?

probably the most annoying fucking thing ever, i havnt been able to upload one video or photo

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • the ghost of Turd Ferguson's past
« Reply #576 on: December 25, 2007, 10:07:51 PM »
What things do I need to purchase to make all this possible? I got the xbox360 "arcade" version, which comes with half the things neccisary to do cool stuff.
I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #577 on: December 25, 2007, 10:13:41 PM »
ouch.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #578 on: December 25, 2007, 10:27:39 PM »
yupp
I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

Raw!!!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 60
  • ackrite
« Reply #579 on: December 25, 2007, 11:08:00 PM »
My brother got me the new Tony Hawk game for christmas, it only made me want to play Skate.

cahl

« Reply #580 on: December 25, 2007, 11:19:03 PM »
My brother got me the new Tony Hawk game for christmas

NOOB

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #581 on: December 26, 2007, 06:40:21 AM »
anyone else sesh Hubba for hours?

Claude

• Rep: 15
« Reply #582 on: December 26, 2007, 10:28:56 AM »
I always get stuck in the matrix vortex, somehow I always end up there and skate it for hours.

Foray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
  • Miglios
« Reply #583 on: December 26, 2007, 10:37:44 AM »
I always get stuck in the matrix vortex, somehow I always end up there and skate it for hours.

no matter where i am in that game i always end up back at EMB skating the same ledge.

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #584 on: December 26, 2007, 10:39:24 AM »
as sick as the game is, im still bummed there are no cheats.

BriDen

« Reply #585 on: December 26, 2007, 11:26:26 AM »
anyone else sesh Hubba for hours?
definately spent a big chunk of time there, i think it's mostly cuz (for better or worse) the game auto-restarts you there if you fall.
Cheats would be cool, especially some "moon physics" so you could ollie up the stairs/whatever instead of trying to find a way to the top. and then three other things:
1. I dunno if somebody already mentioned this, but you can land any size drop if you do one grab in the air, hold it, then right before you land, start to grab with the other hand. I did it over danny's roll-in and its like a 90 ft drop.
2. The switch and fakie in the game is weird, even tho it looks good. I was trying to do a switch back tail, bigflip out (a la Mike Mo), but the game sees it as a noseblunt. So you can't do certain tricks out of it.
3. Does anybody else have major problems trying to watch their replays? I'd say about 9/10 times, the game freezes before the replay loads all the way. Tried 5 times today and all 5 times it froze; I'm not psyched right now.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 11:57:38 AM by BriDen »

kylegherman

• Rep: 4

A-Bo

« Reply #587 on: December 26, 2007, 12:33:35 PM »
10 Ideas for the sequel...

1.) take out tre hard flip, that trick is ugly and unneccesary, replace that motion with dolphin flips. Take out tre inward heels replace them with impossibles.

2.) Take our quad flips or quad heels, I personally dont see the need for more than a double ever.

3.) Cities- New York + Philly + Melbourne = New Melbadelphia?

4.) Make it easier to skate tranny, the guys skates tranny like a street skater, it makes it very hard to do stalls on a quarterpipe. (maybe I am just bad)

5.) Create a TF, when I beat the game I had something like 90 grand to spend on clothes, it would be cool if in the end you get a wearhouse and can just build a park with the money you earned from the game, theres a lot of spots I wanted to skate with my guy that did quite exist in the streets and it'd be cool to build them. I feel like create a park was the one thing THPS did right.

6.) One foot grabs, their goofy but their fun. L1 takes of your left foot and R1 takes of your right foot with various grabs. This would make Judo's, Dog Pissers, Benihanas etc. possible. However I am still unsure as to whether the one footedness should apply to grinds and ollies, I dont think one foot ollies or one foot crooks' are neccessary.

7.) Permanent reset points, so I can make multiple reset points that show up on the map as if they are subway stations and I can always go back to them, I always find sick spots then cant find them again and its annoying.

8.) More Camera Angles, the replay angles look like they were shot by James Cameron, You dont often see cranes set up every time someone tries to back lip a handrail. It would be cool if you had a long lense shot from far away but also when a camera man is following you and you hit a set that doesnt have a ramp next to it, he stops at the top of the set as hes filming.

9.) Woodward, for anyone thats been there you know how fun this would be in the game as part of philly.

10.) Switch and fakie should look switch and fakie, kind of like how they look in the game right after you land a 180 but they shoud be like that all the time. And they should be harder. But mre importantly I want a switch flip to really look like a switch flip.

feel free to add to it.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 06:16:46 PM by A-Bo »

stagefright

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -47
« Reply #588 on: December 26, 2007, 12:35:39 PM »
stop posting
we toked a marley and i split back to the park, minding my own busineess when a rollerblader mean mugs..i let it go.

frisco

« Reply #589 on: December 26, 2007, 12:45:45 PM »
10 Ideas for the sequel...

1.) take out tre hard flip, that trick is ugly and unneccesary, replace that motion with dolphin flips. Take out tre inward heels replace them with impossibles.

2.) Take our quad flips or quad heels, I personally dont see the need for more than a double ever.

3.) Cities- New York + Philly + Australia = New Austradelphia?

4.) Make it easier to skate tranny, the guys skates tranny like a street skater, it makes it very hard to do stalls on a quarterpipe. (maybe I am just bad)

5.) Create a TF, when I beat the game I had something like 90 grand to spend on clothes, it would be cool if in the end you get a wearhouse and can just build a park with the money you earned from the game, theres a lot of spots I wanted to skate with my guy that did quite exist in the streets and it'd be cool to build them. I feel like create a park was the one thing THPS did right.

6.) One foot grabs, their goofy but their fun. L1 takes of your left foot and R1 takes of your right foot with various grabs. This would make Judo's, Dog Pissers, Benihanas etc. possible. However I am still unsure as to whether the one footedness should apply to grinds and ollies, I dont think one foot ollies or one foot crooks' are neccessary.

7.) Permanent reset points, so I can make multiple reset points that show up on the map as if they are subway stations and I can always go back to them, I always find sick spots then cant find them again and its annoying.

8.) More Camera Angles, the replay angles look like they were shot by James Cameron, You dont often see cranes set up every time someone tries to back lip a handrail. It would be cool if you had a long lense shot from far away but also when a camera man is following you and you hit a set that doesnt have a ramp next to it, he stops at the top of the set as hes filming.

9.) Woodward, for anyone thats been there you know how fun this would be in the game as part of philly.

10.) Switch and fakie should look switch and fakie, kind of like how they look in the game right after you land a 180 but they shoud be like that all the time. And they should be harder. But mre importantly I want a switch flip to really look like a switch flip.

feel free to add to it.

i would want to see a few more well known spots, not saying there wasnt many in san vanleoa, van skate plaza would have been nice

no option for pushing mongo

able to ollie bigger drops without bailing

A-Bo

« Reply #590 on: December 26, 2007, 03:25:49 PM »
Paul Rodriguez Forecast remake

Big Belly

• Rep: 2
« Reply #591 on: December 26, 2007, 05:30:33 PM »
3.) Cities- New York + Philly + Australia = New Austradelphia?

You are smart.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 05:40:02 PM by Big Belly »

Sherlock

• Rep: -6
  • mrow mrow mrow mrow
« Reply #592 on: December 26, 2007, 06:00:31 PM »
i love it and all but seriously, so confusing
it seems like whatever trick im trying always does a varial heelflip
you know what i mean?

bothersome

« Reply #593 on: December 26, 2007, 08:18:54 PM »
you think theyll put a new map out?

baxter

« Reply #594 on: December 27, 2007, 12:49:51 AM »
Ok, just got the game today. Any spots would help. But fuck it seems every time I play I start out switch, and when I first played that douche skate I was doing shit switch and it said it was regular.

The Bullet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #595 on: December 27, 2007, 02:51:03 AM »
got the game a few days ago.  Probably put 6 hours into it.  Its so damn hard.  I rarely do the trick i'm actually trying to do.  Grinds and manuals especially.  But its fun, i hope it gets easier over time.

BriDen

« Reply #596 on: December 27, 2007, 03:57:26 AM »
Ok, just got the game today. Any spots would help. But fuck it seems every time I play I start out switch, and when I first played that douche skate I was doing shit switch and it said it was regular.
That will happen every time. If the person who you are facing in skate is opposite your stance, you have to do everything switchstance

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #597 on: December 27, 2007, 11:08:07 AM »
Expand Quote
got the game a few days ago.  Probably put 6 hours into it.  Its so damn hard.  I rarely do the trick i'm actually trying to do.  Grinds and manuals especially.  But its fun, i hope it gets easier over time.
[close]

It does. Once you get used to the basic mechanics things come together.

Yeah, man. Sometimes I still struggle just to do straight ollies/nollies into grinds and manny's. That's the toughest thing of all, I think

stagefright

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -47
« Reply #598 on: December 28, 2007, 07:31:04 PM »
waiting for gamer id to be matched or whatever, sux
we toked a marley and i split back to the park, minding my own busineess when a rollerblader mean mugs..i let it go.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #599 on: December 28, 2007, 10:20:30 PM »

feel free to add to it.
How about more maneuverability? It seems that it's kinda hard to get your skater out of a corner when he's stuck... but maybe that's just me.
So far I haven't really skated any one spot for a while... I am fond of the subway station in the suburbs with the transitioned pillars. I usually just cruise around through the city. Anyone else do that?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.