Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 988161 times)

TwisT and 11 Guests are viewing this topic.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1964
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #8370 on: April 05, 2023, 11:10:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Got some same SML Grocery Bag wheels. They’re pretty chunky little wheels for being 53mm. AG Formula v-cut. They’re a bit grippy but maybe once the tread wears away that will change.  I like them so far though, more than I thought I would, and I had low(ish) expectations. Plus, they were cheap.
[close]
The V cut Ag formula are some of my favorite wheels that I’ve ridden consistently. Definitely not as slick as F4s or something harder. But it’s a great formula nonetheless.

Loaded up so the 53mm OG Wide shapes from The House liquidation sale, really good mid tier wheel, right below the big 3 brands.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Lessfillingtastegreat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #8371 on: April 05, 2023, 11:52:43 PM »
Bought another WKND 8.875VB shaped deck. It’s a football like shape that I have some success on.  I’ve looked everywhere for them but found it randomly at some Midwest snowboard shop / shipped for 54$ pretty stoked.  I need to find a couple more. 
8.1 Drift -  venture 5.6 , Jessup, SFF  54mm Swiss ceramics  -https://imgur.com/a/WlDgenx

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #8372 on: April 10, 2023, 10:57:28 AM »
Scored these samples on eBay for 19.99. Been curious about skating the Kalis Lites so nows my chance

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 746
« Reply #8373 on: April 11, 2023, 11:29:10 AM »

Got these Blazers for my bday.  Strayed from the flock of skating Blazers for like two years and I must say, they’re honestly the best skate shoe.  Got a chance to put them to use yesterday for a bit.  Could be a summer of Blazers ahead for me.   
« Last Edit: April 11, 2023, 11:43:07 AM by big_kev_215 »

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1076
« Reply #8374 on: April 11, 2023, 11:34:46 AM »
Scored these samples on eBay for 19.99. Been curious about skating the Kalis Lites so nows my chance

I am a size 9, which is the typical "Salesman Sample" size of shoe. One time I was at a thrift store and I came across three pairs of Vans, a pair of Adidas and a pair of Huf - all sales samples, I presume forfeited by a shop owner. All were effectively new and I think each pair was $15. I felt like I was stealing something when I went through checkout.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

swongolianbbq

« Reply #8375 on: April 11, 2023, 05:41:57 PM »

Got these Blazers for my bday.  Strayed from the flock of skating Blazers for like two years and I must say, they’re honestly the best skate shoe.  Got a chance to put them to use yesterday for a bit.  Could be a summer of Blazers ahead for me.

They're a little tight on me at first cause I got wide feet but I agree they might be the best shoe.

Ankle padding, the toe foxing is low so they flick like cupsoles, and I put the superfeet flex max footbeds in mine.

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #8376 on: April 13, 2023, 04:51:22 AM »
I was getting truck madness thinking I might want to switch Aces to Ventures or Thunders or something. Couple of times almost pulled the trigger on some but eventually decided I don't want stuff lying around that I'm not using, so maybe when I actually need to replace something in the future.

So I ordered two pairs of riptide pivot cups instead... only cost the price of 1 truck.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #8377 on: April 13, 2023, 05:55:43 AM »
I was getting truck madness thinking I might want to switch Aces to Ventures or Thunders or something. Couple of times almost pulled the trigger on some but eventually decided I don't want stuff lying around that I'm not using, so maybe when I actually need to replace something in the future.

So I ordered two pairs of riptide pivot cups instead... only cost the price of 1 truck.

Don’t switch.
What are you skating now?

scab

• Rep: 200
« Reply #8378 on: April 13, 2023, 07:50:44 AM »

Randomly found the Skate Shop Day Ishod TT months after the fact, and at a discount. My dog approves.

Ourladyoftheflowers

• Rep: 97
« Reply #8379 on: April 13, 2023, 08:40:46 AM »

Did vans only for years, would usually last 1-2 decks before being blown out. Got a pair of blazers cause they were the cheapest at the local and can’t go back. Easily my favorite shoe. I also loved the heritage vulc and the women’s Bruin

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #8380 on: April 13, 2023, 11:55:34 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Don’t switch.
Ace 44 Classics on Polar P2 or some other 8.35-8.5. I like the turn obviously, but was beginning to think maybe some other truck with less turn, or maybe less weight, could make me magically better at flip tricks.

*edit. also sometimes have a hard time popping my board and don't know if that is down to the trucks or just my tired old man legs...
« Last Edit: April 13, 2023, 12:03:44 PM by burm »
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

swongolianbbq

« Reply #8381 on: April 13, 2023, 12:13:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Don’t switch.
[close]
Ace 44 Classics on Polar P2 or some other 8.35-8.5. I like the turn obviously, but was beginning to think maybe some other truck with less turn, or maybe less weight, could make me magically better at flip tricks.

*edit. also sometimes have a hard time popping my board and don't know if that is down to the trucks or just my tired old man legs...

I switched from indy's to aces; lowering the pop angle was one of the reasons. I'm 34. I saw that spanly switched shortly after that and it kinda reaffirmed my decision. If I were 18-25 yrs old I'd prolly skate ventures for the stability at speed. It's funny about pop angle tho cause tyshawn skates thunders and has mad snap 🤷‍♀️

I had a lot of flip tricks when I skated thunders but I also had a lot of wheelbite, exploded bushings, broken pivot stems, and sticking on rails/having to wax the shit out of ledges

To be fair I've broken Indy hangers in half and venture baseplates but that was a hot minute ago. On AF1's now and all I can tell is that even when brand new with brand new wheels, they don't sit flat/axle seems slightly "bent" but it really don't bother me at all

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1016
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #8382 on: April 14, 2023, 09:29:45 PM »
Expand Quote
G027

Been on the Ventures for a few days and feeling them so want to pair them with a 14" WB just to see what that brings about...
[close]

I like these trucks, that deck was interesting. Has an oddly long tail since they took another shape and pushed the trucks in a bit but mostly at the tail. I liked it best with Thunders for some reason but it was always a bit too short and squirrely for me. Somehow Jordan Trahan rides Aces on it. I did have really good front tails on it no clue why.

The deck has a lot of "fingers of flat" then a decently steep rise. It feels longer than the dims suggest. I really wish they made it in 14.25 I'd be all over it.

I ended up absolutely hating that abomination of a tail… it was slightly too steep and definitely too long compared to what I’m usually skating. so much so I would need to look at my rear foot to make sure that I was actually near the end of the tail, and it never was… it was always half an inch in and when I pushed my foot to the end of the tail, everything just felt completely off because of the steepish kick (I was clearly moving my foot forward for more mellow feel); also, looking down on it the thing is just fucking gross looking.

The front half of the board was great!

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1016
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #8383 on: April 14, 2023, 11:27:24 PM »
These damn sales man, I'm telling you...

Finally found these in a 9.5 (1/2 size down, shop has multiple 10s in case I need to return). Chillers until beat.

After the stiff turn venture dip I hopped back to thunder gang (running stock blue bottoms and a 95 low NFG top right now...figure I should just run 94 all around as the low top is giving me wheel bite as does the stock 90 top)..my flip game has been on point since /shrug - just trying to fix wheetbite without cranking the shit out of stock..might try 97s if these don't work out.

Such a light combo paired with 148 Team Hollows for that extra pinch..I forget how great the V3 shape is...

Fooj

• Rep: 188
« Reply #8384 on: April 15, 2023, 12:16:38 AM »
These damn sales man, I'm telling you...

Finally found these in a 9.5 (1/2 size down, shop has multiple 10s in case I need to return). Chillers until beat.

After the stiff turn venture dip I hopped back to thunder gang (running stock blue bottoms and a 95 low NFG top right now...figure I should just run 94 all around as the low top is giving me wheel bite as does the stock 90 top)..my flip game has been on point since /shrug - just trying to fix wheetbite without cranking the shit out of stock..might try 97s if these don't work out.

Such a light combo paired with 148 Team Hollows for that extra pinch..I forget how great the V3 shape is...

Im about to to make this same switch, coming from Venture Cast highs. Going back to a smaller shape, Cast thunders in the past have always been good to me, but i cant stand my wheels scraping the side of the ledge so much. Decided to go try out Ave lows

French manicure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #8385 on: April 15, 2023, 07:25:29 PM »

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1100
« Reply #8386 on: April 21, 2023, 02:07:13 PM »

Sci-fi 8.25 that's orange and I thought was red. The black print is raised with a basketball like texture. Standard BBS shape, identical to the last birdhouse Tony hawk deck I had.

Sci Fi fantasy shirt to because I ride for them now

Three sheets of my mob thrasher rainbow grip, cause it's my favorite and zoomiez had it for 5$ a pop.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 276
« Reply #8387 on: April 22, 2023, 05:18:18 AM »
Bought another WKND 8.875VB shaped deck. It’s a football like shape that I have some success on.  I’ve looked everywhere for them but found it randomly at some Midwest snowboard shop / shipped for 54$ pretty stoked.  I need to find a couple more.

luv that board shape frm WKND.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #8388 on: April 22, 2023, 06:56:56 AM »
Tiagos on the Atlas sale came out to $77, stoked on that buy.

Oh and that Sci-Fi above is not the standard BBS shape it is the Anti Hero 8.125 eagle shape. It's actually 8.25 across with a wb between 14.25 and 14.38 and long, pointy kicks sorta like a steeper Baker.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #8389 on: April 22, 2023, 06:59:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
G027

Been on the Ventures for a few days and feeling them so want to pair them with a 14" WB just to see what that brings about...
[close]

I like these trucks, that deck was interesting. Has an oddly long tail since they took another shape and pushed the trucks in a bit but mostly at the tail. I liked it best with Thunders for some reason but it was always a bit too short and squirrely for me. Somehow Jordan Trahan rides Aces on it. I did have really good front tails on it no clue why.

The deck has a lot of "fingers of flat" then a decently steep rise. It feels longer than the dims suggest. I really wish they made it in 14.25 I'd be all over it.
[close]

I ended up absolutely hating that abomination of a tail… it was slightly too steep and definitely too long compared to what I’m usually skating. so much so I would need to look at my rear foot to make sure that I was actually near the end of the tail, and it never was… it was always half an inch in and when I pushed my foot to the end of the tail, everything just felt completely off because of the steepish kick (I was clearly moving my foot forward for more mellow feel); also, looking down on it the thing is just fucking gross looking.

The front half of the board was great!

Ya dude it's like almost a great shape, just need to move the rear truck back towards the tail a bit and mellow the kicks slightly. I like the overall shape and the concave.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 463
« Reply #8390 on: April 22, 2023, 07:03:47 AM »
I bought a couple black/white Tyshawn Adidas for $75 CAD each from zoomies cause I can't even get that shit locally if I wanted to...

Going to order the Mike Arnold handball joints too just because. Definitely don't need them and can hardly afford it but whatever. Better than whores and booze.

It's funny I put them in my cart and Adidas site keeps pressuring me telling me the stock is low but it actually went up from 3 left to 5 left lol...

nonickname

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 86
« Reply #8391 on: April 22, 2023, 07:05:12 AM »
Pair of the red, white and black wayvee vans (giving off knock off Jordan vibes) for $45 cdn...which no matter how much I didn't need them was just too good to pass up. Liking the sole on them and the mesh panels seem like they'll be a great summer shoe.
"Cheating is just another way of being prepared" - Coach McGuirk

Jawn Gyatti

• Rep: 6
« Reply #8392 on: April 24, 2023, 09:53:37 AM »
Bought a pair of etnies Calli x Colt 45s for $19 and a pair of Mariah Duran Thunders.

gsosa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #8393 on: May 02, 2023, 10:19:50 AM »
DC Lynx Zero and 54mm Spitfire Conicals

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 315
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #8394 on: May 09, 2023, 03:26:44 PM »

thank you daddy  ;)

DERBY

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 270
« Reply #8395 on: May 09, 2023, 07:30:04 PM »

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -306
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #8396 on: May 10, 2023, 06:49:10 AM »

Too bad you can’t sell them or wear’em. Still a good deal

Pasta Monster

« Reply #8397 on: May 10, 2023, 09:24:16 AM »

That Griffin Gass part was fire, but Crailtap has nothing I want. Hopefully, these are going to be good for crusty spots.

eSK3

« Reply #8398 on: May 10, 2023, 09:33:13 AM »

Shoutouts to Orchard!

Jawn Gyatti

• Rep: 6
« Reply #8399 on: May 10, 2023, 11:19:39 AM »

Got these at Nocturnal. I think someone from Kinetic brought them up, so thanks to them, as well....