Author Topic: Bianca Chandon  (Read 116053 times)

jexe

Re: Bianca Chandon
« Reply #360 on: May 03, 2014, 04:26:24 PM »
Pops currently skating a BC board

Exposure

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -269
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #361 on: May 03, 2014, 04:46:52 PM »
I dunno. quality materials or not, any hat that I skate in is going to have nasty sweat stains on it in about two or three weeks so spending 80 bucks on it is just ridiculous.

Exactly. Is this a skateboard company or a boutique fashion brand?
I can ollie 6 decks why would I want to scrape the ground with my tricks

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #362 on: May 03, 2014, 06:28:19 PM »
Expand Quote
I dunno. quality materials or not, any hat that I skate in is going to have nasty sweat stains on it in about two or three weeks so spending 80 bucks on it is just ridiculous.
[close]

it's both.  not that complicated, really.

Exposure

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #363 on: May 03, 2014, 06:46:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Who said it was complicated? I'm sure you're smart enough to figure out that the average skateboarder cannot afford to pay 80 every time they need a new hat.

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 700
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #364 on: May 03, 2014, 07:04:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Who said it was complicated? I'm sure you're smart enough to figure out that the average skateboarder cannot afford to pay 80 every time they need a new hat.
You didn't acknowledge that it could be both, so I guess you're also not smart enough to realize that this brand isn't for the average skateboarder. 
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

Exposure

« Reply #365 on: May 03, 2014, 07:29:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
You didn't acknowledge that it could be both, so I guess you're also not smart enough to realize that this brand isn't for the average skateboarder. 

Ha, You completely misunderstand. I'll walk you through it. I'm 100% aware that it's within the realm of possibility that this brand could be both. I'm just wondering if that is the case, who is his target audience, if not the average skateboarder, which you claim is the case. Should a SKATEBOARD brand choose not market itself towards the average skateboarder, and if not, why?

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #366 on: May 03, 2014, 07:31:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Ha, You completely misunderstand. I'll walk you through it. I'm 100% aware that it's within the realm of possibility that this brand could be both. I'm just wondering if that is the case, who is his target audience, if not the average skateboarder, which you claim is the case. Should a SKATEBOARD brand choose not market itself towards the average skateboarder, and if not, why?
Because skateboarding has no rules.

Exposure

« Reply #367 on: May 03, 2014, 07:39:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Fair enough. I just figured as a brand owner, you'd want to make your product easily accessible. But if this really is a boutique/skate brand then I guess this product will ironically appeal more to fashion heads than actual skateboarders.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #368 on: May 03, 2014, 07:45:39 PM »
What you all fail to realize is that he wants this to fail.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

WeirdBeach

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 14
« Reply #369 on: May 03, 2014, 08:42:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
Fair enough. I just figured as a brand owner, you'd want to make your product easily accessible. But if this really is a boutique/skate brand then I guess this product will ironically appeal more to fashion heads than actual skateboarders.
ironically? What exactly is ironic about buying a high quality,American made,limited run baseball cap? If he wanted it to be that accessible he would have Bianca Chandon in Zumiez.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
« Reply #370 on: May 03, 2014, 11:49:23 PM »
What you all fail to realize is that he wants this to fail.

For real, failing is the new winning.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

greenmilktea

• Rep: -10
« Reply #371 on: May 03, 2014, 11:56:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

or maybe he just actually doesn't give a fuck how you or anybody else thinks his company should be run so he's making stuff the way he wants

not that i would spend 80 dollars on a hat, i can't pull them off

towerofcheeseandpotatoes

• Rep: -27
« Reply #372 on: May 04, 2014, 12:09:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I like that he's doing his own thing but there is no way this company is going to last.
[close]

You say that, but every item that has gone up on his store has sold out pretty quickly. He must be doing something right.
[close]

Yeah, right now it's selling out because it's new and vague and "what even is it?" but you're nuts if you think that's going to last and that his small runs are going to make enough money to keep this thing alive.
[close]

clutching at straws much?
ofcourse he's going to start out small, and as demand increases change the scale.
[close]

How long do you think demand is going to stay high enough for him to keep this going? This is skateboarding, dingus, it changes every few months. It's all highwaters, no complies, pigtails and exploring your sexuality right now, but what do you think it'll be in a few months? If he's not advertising, doesn't have a team, and isn't making a video, he will be forgotten about. He won't sell enough boards or keep enough of a profile for his other sponsors, particularly Nike, to give a shit about him and keep paying him. This is a dude having boards and shirts printed, not a fully functioning company.

It's cool and all, but it's not going to last.

It doesn't even have to last to be great.
The questions this company is raising are valuable to skateboarding.
Mission accomplished

foureyedjim

« Reply #373 on: May 04, 2014, 01:09:41 AM »
Rip n Dip is doing well despite starting out fairly small.  Not to mention there are already plenty of companies out there with those stupid pocket shirts that differ very little between companies. 

Bianca Chandon could work, it's all a matter of how AO will run the company later down the line, as well as what the demand is like.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
« Reply #374 on: May 04, 2014, 02:20:55 AM »
Rip n Dip is doing well despite starting out fairly small.  Not to mention there are already plenty of companies out there with those stupid pocket shirts that differ very little between companies. 

Bianca Chandon could work, it's all a matter of how AO will run the company later down the line, as well as what the demand is like.

Shit, ripndip was beyond small. It was ran out of a guys garage in orlando, then all the sudden him and his homeboys are on the berrics, selling their souls. Alot of ripndip shirts are really cool, but the dude and (most) of his friends behind it are giant DOUCHE'S!
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #375 on: May 04, 2014, 04:45:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
No, when demand exceeds supply, demand becomes desire. An item that is desired holds value unlike one that can be replaced at the local mall very cheaply. He is specifically not targeting an "average" skater market, why would he? The market is flooded with brands waving flags to identify them as "skateboarding" goods when plenty of stuff is sold to non skateboarders. If you need a shirt that identifies to others that your a skater there's plenty available. Quit worrying about an $80 hat that will sell  to someone that wants it and go back to dressing how you think "core" looks this month.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #376 on: May 04, 2014, 05:02:27 AM »

Hipster Runoff

• Rep: -25
    • www.hipsterrunoff.com avatar image
« Reply #377 on: May 04, 2014, 01:12:19 PM »

This picture represents the power of branding. There is an underground lifestyle brand called BIANCA CHANDON. This tweenbro merged his personal brand with BIANCA CHANDONS by getting this logo tatted on his arm. In order to strengthen your personal brand, you must be willing to take risks and make bold choices. Even if means your principal might suspend you from 6th grade.

http://instagram.com/manuelstiffler

Brown Thunder

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -66
« Reply #378 on: May 04, 2014, 01:41:44 PM »

This picture represents the power of branding. There is an underground lifestyle brand called BIANCA CHANDON. This tweenbro merged his personal brand with BIANCA CHANDONS by getting this logo tatted on his arm. In order to strengthen your personal brand, you must be willing to take risks and make bold choices. Even if means your principal might suspend you from 6th grade.

http://instagram.com/manuelstiffler

perhaps he's just down for the isle of man?

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2535
« Reply #379 on: May 04, 2014, 01:45:54 PM »
See what happens, Alex?
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

piece of shit, straight up.

• Rep: -182
« Reply #380 on: May 07, 2014, 12:28:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

it's both.  not that complicated, really.

[close]

Then they can wear DC/PlanB/Element/DGK/Supra/Zoo York like every bro/irrelevant skater out there.  Kids that like Bianca are probably smart enough to thrift anyway and recognize it's cool to not look like a skater.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 12:32:09 AM by Whatitdo? »

piece of shit, straight up.

• Rep: -182
« Reply #381 on: May 07, 2014, 12:34:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Does the best anything aim to target the average?

Hairy Ballsagna

• Rep: 32
« Reply #382 on: May 07, 2014, 01:14:50 PM »
^Good examples of the tough questions this brand has raised.

Seamus_McShamebag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #383 on: May 07, 2014, 03:45:20 PM »

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #384 on: May 07, 2014, 04:42:48 PM »
^ HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA. Thank you.

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #385 on: May 07, 2014, 09:01:42 PM »

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #386 on: May 07, 2014, 10:10:46 PM »

kingpinuser

• Rep: 54
« Reply #387 on: May 11, 2014, 03:38:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
No, when demand exceeds supply, demand becomes desire. An item that is desired holds value unlike one that can be replaced at the local mall very cheaply. He is specifically not targeting an "average" skater market, why would he? The market is flooded with brands waving flags to identify them as "skateboarding" goods when plenty of stuff is sold to non skateboarders. If you need a shirt that identifies to others that your a skater there's plenty available. Quit worrying about an $80 hat that will sell  to someone that wants it and go back to dressing how you think "core" looks this month.
So that 80 dollar hat... sold out. He's doing his thing and its working thus far. Can never see myself affording or wanting this but respect to him for finding his market, or his market finding him. http://biancachandon.com/collections/frontpage/products/apple-ebbets-field-ballcap

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 562
« Reply #388 on: May 11, 2014, 03:45:19 PM »
No, when demand exceeds supply, demand becomes desire. An item that is desired holds value unlike one that can be replaced at the local mall very cheaply. He is specifically not targeting an "average" skater market, why would he? The market is flooded with brands waving flags to identify them as "skateboarding" goods when plenty of stuff is sold to non skateboarders. If you need a shirt that identifies to others that your a skater there's plenty available. Quit worrying about an $80 hat that will sell  to someone that wants it and go back to dressing how you think "core" looks this month.

yo, are we talking about bianca chandon or supreme? ???  sounds like the same thing  :)

Aidan Clarke

• Rep: -122
« Reply #389 on: May 11, 2014, 07:10:44 PM »
Expand Quote
No, when demand exceeds supply, demand becomes desire. An item that is desired holds value unlike one that can be replaced at the local mall very cheaply. He is specifically not targeting an "average" skater market, why would he? The market is flooded with brands waving flags to identify them as "skateboarding" goods when plenty of stuff is sold to non skateboarders. If you need a shirt that identifies to others that your a skater there's plenty available. Quit worrying about an $80 hat that will sell  to someone that wants it and go back to dressing how you think "core" looks this month.
[close]

yo, are we talking about bianca chandon or supreme? ???  sounds like the same thing  :)

supreme/ bianca chandon/ fucking awesome are all interchangeable at this point when it comes to explaining this kind of shit.
#crackkka

BBM: 79DEA941, fuck with me sheffledge