Author Topic: Wheels Thread  (Read 797057 times)

Frank and Fred

Re: Wheels Thread
« Reply #4050 on: August 22, 2021, 08:30:52 PM »
Too white. No can do.

toe_knee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • Get bent
« Reply #4051 on: August 22, 2021, 09:32:55 PM »
Looking to try slim wheels… seems most people on slap are skating bones or spitfires, anyone able to recommend other slims? Ricta speed rings for example? Mini logo c-cuts?

Also someone mentioned a page or two back that a bunch of brands are made by the same supplier. Anyone knowledgeable enough to do a mini equivalent of the deck wood shop thread but for wheels?

Satori has a “vinyl cut” shape that I enjoy
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

switchfrontshuv

• Rep: 47
« Reply #4052 on: August 22, 2021, 10:00:25 PM »
Too white. No can do.

funny how in the 90s you'd be saying the opposite

Frank and Fred

« Reply #4053 on: August 23, 2021, 07:49:35 AM »
I really wasn’t picky in the 90s. Rode the biggest wheels I could get my hands on.

fairydinkum

• Rep: 17
« Reply #4054 on: August 23, 2021, 04:40:50 PM »
Hey folks,

Just reaching out here incase anyone knew, do OJ Mini Combo 58mm cover over the average skate truck axle? Am prospecting for a wheel that isn't specifically for freestyle but can be used properly for bowl too.

switchfrontshuv

« Reply #4055 on: August 23, 2021, 05:44:55 PM »
Switched from oj mini combos to bones conicals and my flip tricks got shittier. Starting to think mini combos are my shape.

Dude hahaha I don't know why I love those wheels so much too. I'd feel the exact same way now but I wish they made them softer. I'm too used to 99a SML AG formula for street spots (slide and go super fast at parks too) but yeah mini combos are the best wide shape wheel for sure (conical front for a fat look but rounded truckside so u dont get a sticky tablet-like grind on metal ledges and shit)

Also never scratched my axle nuts cuz theyre so fat hahahah they stuck out past my fucking axles

switchfrontshuv

« Reply #4056 on: August 23, 2021, 05:45:24 PM »
Hey folks,

Just reaching out here incase anyone knew, do OJ Mini Combo 58mm cover over the average skate truck axle? Am prospecting for a wheel that isn't specifically for freestyle but can be used properly for bowl too.

yeah they do for sure

fairydinkum

• Rep: 17
« Reply #4057 on: August 23, 2021, 06:13:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Switched from oj mini combos to bones conicals and my flip tricks got shittier. Starting to think mini combos are my shape.
[close]

Dude hahaha I don't know why I love those wheels so much too. I'd feel the exact same way now but I wish they made them softer. I'm too used to 99a SML AG formula for street spots (slide and go super fast at parks too) but yeah mini combos are the best wide shape wheel for sure (conical front for a fat look but rounded truckside so u dont get a sticky tablet-like grind on metal ledges and shit)

Also never scratched my axle nuts cuz theyre so fat hahahah they stuck out past my fucking axles

Hahaha this is awesome, thanks man. Hoping I don’t get axle scrape doing primo stalls.

Loki700

• Rep: 78
« Reply #4058 on: August 23, 2021, 08:14:31 PM »
Looking forward to trying out these V2’s tomorrow.
teslas are the longboards of automobiles

OldCandy

• Rep: 22
  • cant shuv
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4059 on: August 23, 2021, 09:49:30 PM »
how ricta wireframe sparx?? been wanting to try something cheaper, is it a legit formula or just the same as deck company wheels, how does it hold up to bones and spitfire
Nah i skate big boards cause i got big ass feet and a big ass dick

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1017
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #4060 on: August 23, 2021, 10:49:17 PM »
how ricta wireframe sparx?? been wanting to try something cheaper, is it a legit formula or just the same as deck company wheels, how does it hold up to bones and spitfire

Sparx are the ricta PP wheel (?), I’ve never ridden any (Daveeeeeed been seen riding them more than anyone) I’d stay away to be safe.

rob

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 193
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #4061 on: August 24, 2021, 03:33:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Sparx are the ricta PP wheel (?), I’ve never ridden any (Daveeeeeed been seen riding them more than anyone) I’d stay away to be safe.

Thanks I wanted to know too, but how are the 99a premium rictas?
yes

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4062 on: August 24, 2021, 04:36:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Thanks I wanted to know too, but how are the 99a premium rictas?
I'm riding the 52 mm speed rings now and I have no complaints. Nice roll and slide.
Actually slipped out on a hill yesterday, I had to push the slides a bit on rougher asphalt but then the asphalt got smoother and I still pushed.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4063 on: August 24, 2021, 10:39:05 AM »
I like them; the rings/non cored vs the chrome cores feel different, chrome cores in 99a feel grippier).

Other than that no flat spots and they ride great but feel much harder than the competition, both in 101 and 99.

Plus they’re your only (?) option if you want a truly slim conical or radial.

Also, other than price and pro name, who knows how much difference there is between Sparx and Naturals…you have to assume different blends; they’ve also dropped the NRG formula tag these days too.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 12:28:09 PM by Xen »

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4064 on: August 24, 2021, 02:08:43 PM »
Forgot I took this

51mm speedrings vs 51mm potato...er spit classics (both 99a)

A bit grippier than the spits at first but once broken in they slide just fine (and bark better than the 99 spits too).

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #4065 on: August 24, 2021, 03:26:02 PM »
I like them; the rings/non cored vs the chrome cores feel different, chrome cores in 99a feel grippier).

Other than that no flat spots and they ride great but feel much harder than the competition, both in 101 and 99.

Also, other than price and pro name, who knows how much difference there is between Sparx and Naturals…you have to assume different blends; they’ve also dropped the NRG formula tag these days too.

Sparx are ass. I actually emailed NHS to ask what was the matter and Ron Whaley said they weren’t that great—in so many words.

You know what wheels were great...the Super Crystals. They were fast and would skid turns w/o slipping out. Before F4 They were my favorite.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4066 on: August 24, 2021, 03:29:44 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Sparx are ass. I actually emailed NHS to ask what was the matter and Ron Whaley said they weren’t that great—in so many words.

You know what wheels were great...the Super Crystals. They were fast and would skid turns w/o slipping out. Before F4 They were my favorite.

Dude, super crystals were the shit for a clear formula..puts the clear snot wheels I have to shame (worst feeling slide ever; suck so bad I don't even want to leave them at a spot).
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 07:29:53 PM by Xen »

MysticalTypeExperience

• Rep: 128
« Reply #4067 on: August 24, 2021, 04:04:35 PM »
Does anyone sell wheels that come with properly sized spacers? And if no, why not??

superleftswipebby

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 12
« Reply #4068 on: August 24, 2021, 04:19:49 PM »
the bronson spacers run pretty well with reds and spitfires. them shake junt spacers are pretty wack tho

MysticalTypeExperience

• Rep: 128
« Reply #4069 on: August 24, 2021, 05:50:51 PM »
the bronson spacers run pretty well with reds and spitfires. them shake junt spacers are pretty wack tho

Thanks, good to know. Got a set of Bronson G2's coming to test out

spacial_profiling

• Rep: -88
« Reply #4070 on: August 25, 2021, 12:04:15 PM »
Just realize I 100% ride classic shaped Spits with PS Stix and connical shaped Spits with BBS. Definitely wasn't a conscience decision, but it's been for 3+ years now. Regardless of F4 or classic formula.

DeepSpace9mm

• Rep: 100
« Reply #4071 on: August 25, 2021, 12:24:25 PM »
I want those black F4 Classic Fulls.

Any leads on places other than Southside that have them in stock?

My order from Southside was canceled (out of stock).

Vintagebody

• Rep: 84
« Reply #4072 on: August 28, 2021, 10:15:55 AM »
Anyone else who shred wheels like crazy? I go from 52mm to 45mm in a matter of months... Really annoying.
Yes with Spit F4's.

lazer69

• Rep: -96
« Reply #4073 on: August 28, 2021, 05:01:07 PM »
how are autobahn wheels?

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 622
« Reply #4074 on: August 29, 2021, 04:46:07 AM »
I recently found these wheels I never used, tried them out and it turns out they're actually amazing. Did not expect 90a wheels to slide that well. I just wish they were smaller, I really want to skate them, but not in 62mm, more like 56mm for a functional cruiser and transition setup. Any way I can make them smaller without having to ride them forever? I do not have any power tools.

Where did I get these wheels?
Many years ago I was at a longboard downhill festival (I had a girlfriend with longboarder girl friends). After the main downhill events there was a miniramp contest and longboarders couldn't skate for shit so I absolutely smoked them and won a bunch of stuff like wheels and bearings.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Get bent
« Reply #4075 on: August 29, 2021, 05:39:23 AM »
I recently found these wheels I never used, tried them out and it turns out they're actually amazing. Did not expect 90a wheels to slide that well. I just wish they were smaller, I really want to skate them, but not in 62mm, more like 56mm for a functional cruiser and transition setup. Any way I can make them smaller without having to ride them forever? I do not have any power tools.

Where did I get these wheels?
Many years ago I was at a longboard downhill festival (I had a girlfriend with longboarder girl friends). After the main downhill events there was a miniramp contest and longboarders couldn't skate for shit so I absolutely smoked them and won a bunch of stuff like wheels and bearings.

Well they do have a website, after browsing though it looks like they only have a 99a option right now maybe find a longboard forum and see if anyone has some for sale?
You want some queso?”

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #4076 on: August 29, 2021, 05:39:45 AM »
how are autobahn wheels?

They are great, riding the Dual Durometer Slims in 54mm, great slip and grip especially for a skinny wheel. It's slimmer than Bones V3, not great for rougher roads, but the dual durometer helps just a tad, would prefer them over Bones 103a

Good at the $25-30 price range, I'd rank them higher over Ricta / OJ, the 101a are way too hard.

54mm classics were feeling a little clunky.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Get bent
« Reply #4077 on: August 29, 2021, 06:02:05 AM »
Just ordered some 54 teardrop loopholes after everyone standing by them, hopefully they live up to the hype, I had a pair awhile back when they first hit the scene but the QC was bad, my bearing wouldn’t fit in one wheel and it had bubbles, I tried skating them but the wobble was too much, they slid like champs though and I was bummed that they were a dud set, sold them up some kook at our local he tried to get his 30 bucks back after he set them up, didn’t work out for him, me and my girl ate Waffle House later with wheel money, good times

You want some queso?”

Frank and Fred

« Reply #4078 on: August 29, 2021, 09:52:54 AM »
, sold them up some kook at our local he tried to get his 30 bucks back after he set them up, didn’t work out for him, me and my girl ate Waffle House later with wheel money, good times

Hmm. Hopefully, the dude deserved the bunk equipment but it seems to be knowingly selling bunk equipment is the real kook move.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Get bent
« Reply #4079 on: August 29, 2021, 10:00:27 AM »
Expand Quote
, sold them up some kook at our local he tried to get his 30 bucks back after he set them up, didn’t work out for him, me and my girl ate Waffle House later with wheel money, good times

[close]

Hmm. Hopefully, the dude deserved the bunk equipment but it seems to be knowingly selling bunk equipment is the real kook move.

Oh I’m sorry I should have elaborated on that, he saw said bubbles in the wheel and I told him about the wobble, like I said they slid great just one of the wheels was fucked, he knew, but yea pretty kookish of me I guess
You want some queso?”