Author Topic: BATB12  (Read 309943 times)

SatanicPanic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
Re: BATB12
« Reply #3420 on: June 15, 2022, 03:10:47 PM »
Gonna say it- wanted Lil Dre to win and I thought Jamie did some lame tricks. 540 shuvs and bigger spins are silly

Dr Hass

• Rep: 4
« Reply #3421 on: June 15, 2022, 03:16:56 PM »
Griffin seems like a nice guy but somehow, to me, he has little kid style. Luan stomps like a man, sad he’s out.

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 586
« Reply #3422 on: June 15, 2022, 06:16:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Real question, because I can't bother myself to do the research, but am still curious: since the 1st appearance of thgis wacky gimmick, has ANY incarnation of the Legion of Doom EVER advanced a round?
[close]

i dont think so , but i think thats sort of the idea just to give people at least some sort of "comical" content while the actual pro gets a bye

The justice league vs legion of doom match from a couple years back was the best one. I wouldn't mind if they made shit like that for filler content. I know it borderlines on illegal for some people on here but Garrett Hill's front foot impossible was so sick

anthonym

• Rep: -21
« Reply #3423 on: June 15, 2022, 06:42:53 PM »
I will say I appreciate that Griffin doesn't just rely on ridiculous circus tricks that no one else has ever done. He goes through all the fundamental basics, and mostly relies on consistently landing them. When they start running out of basic tricks he starts pulling out the 540 shuvs, etc. But even those aren't outlandish tricks that no one else ever does. I honestly thought he might come into BATB and only use his crazy instagram tricks as a crutch to beat people.
R.I.P. Boardertown - Oakland, CA

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #3424 on: June 15, 2022, 07:10:41 PM »
I will say I appreciate that Griffin doesn't just rely on ridiculous circus tricks that no one else has ever done. He goes through all the fundamental basics, and mostly relies on consistently landing them. When they start running out of basic tricks he starts pulling out the 540 shuvs, etc. But even those aren't outlandish tricks that no one else ever does. I honestly thought he might come into BATB and only use his crazy instagram tricks as a crutch to beat people.
This is fair. I don’t think he was being a dick but I did think it was an unsatisfying game. Wanted Lil Dre to at least get a chance.

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #3425 on: June 15, 2022, 10:20:58 PM »
Will 540 flips or double flips ever be ok in a street part? Looks like these guys had them on lock regardless.

Also funny how hardflip bs180 makes an appearance in pretty much every game this year, hottest trick right now?
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

bohemian

• Rep: -324
« Reply #3426 on: June 15, 2022, 10:51:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
This is fair. I don’t think he was being a dick but I did think it was an unsatisfying game. Wanted Lil Dre to at least get a chance.

well, if he landed the tricks he might.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #3427 on: June 16, 2022, 12:20:22 AM »
I know the impossible rule caught some flack for never being enforced and then Berra gave his two cents and now it seems to be a bit more prominent, but what is the fucking purpose of this grandiose rule reading if it's never actually mentioned or brought up in games. Peterson did a fairly solid back 360 albeit slid around at 270, then Holt did it with the 180 fully slid however I figure it got a pass as they both slid, but Griffin's front bigspin was fucking textbook whereas Lil Dre's was a front shove fucking revert.

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #3428 on: June 16, 2022, 05:24:27 AM »
feel like luan had a major disadvantage beside the ground he was popping of. i feel like his whole thing is going super fast and being the most consistent dude. when people are in the room with him, they try to skate at his speed and it always fucks then up, even on the basics. not having yourself willed to speed takes away a major thing for him

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #3429 on: June 16, 2022, 08:23:36 AM »
Will 540 flips or double flips ever be ok in a street part? Looks like these guys had them on lock regardless.

Also funny how hardflip bs180 makes an appearance in pretty much every game this year, hottest trick right now?

These already have been.

See this at 2:19 plus the ender.

Miller92

• Rep: -282
« Reply #3430 on: June 16, 2022, 08:28:25 AM »
 Paul is looking gooooooood

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #3431 on: June 16, 2022, 08:37:35 AM »

Like a finals night game ^

warmonke

• Rep: 43
« Reply #3432 on: June 16, 2022, 08:44:53 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

These already have been.

Also Heath in Mindfield, Danny Brady at London Bridge, Antwuan in Baker Has A Deathwish (does a sick fakie double), and Justin Henry had a good one in Mother

Definitely a shit trick but can be done well by the right person, as with pretty much everything

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #3433 on: June 16, 2022, 08:48:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

These already have been.

[close]
Also Heath in Mindfield, Danny Brady at London Bridge, Antwuan in Baker Has A Deathwish (does a sick fakie double), and Justin Henry had a good one in Mother

Definitely a shit trick but can be done well by the right person, as with pretty much everything

Marc Johnson's double flip in Modus is a thing of beauty (at 2:58)

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 952
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #3434 on: June 16, 2022, 08:53:27 AM »
Pina always has problems with back 360.

Time to bust out the medicine ball like &&.

&& knows
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3435 on: June 16, 2022, 08:54:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

These already have been.

[close]

[close]

Marc can do whatever he wants tho. Everyone else just looking like jeff won song. Roach af
(A)pl(E)

youreamug

• Rep: 22
« Reply #3436 on: June 16, 2022, 09:02:05 AM »
Prod's tre/switch tres are soo nice. Good Game

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3437 on: June 16, 2022, 09:10:55 AM »
Prod's tre/switch tres are soo nice. Good Game

Switch V too. He should do a show called switch tips with Paul and Spanish.

He could teach Spanish (and everyone watching) switch tricks.

I feels like that would get some views and I like Spanish Mike.
(A)pl(E)

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3438 on: June 16, 2022, 09:14:40 AM »
P-rod beating Jamie in the finals I feel is all dependent on the ro sham bo. Then just rifle out every trick possible without having to do any circus shit.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

anthonym

• Rep: -21
« Reply #3439 on: June 16, 2022, 09:40:41 AM »
Griffin's front bigspin was fucking textbook whereas Lil Dre's was a front shove fucking revert.

Ironic that Chris Cole did the same thing when P-Rod did a switch back big spin, lol. Honestly, that would only bother me in both instances if it was the person setting the trick, and not the person on defense.
R.I.P. Boardertown - Oakland, CA

kinjjibo

• Rep: -8
« Reply #3440 on: June 16, 2022, 10:45:23 AM »
Amazing game, but in the BATB 5 third place match, Shane O'Neill beat Ishod Wair with a nollie fs double flip, HOWEVER, Ishod landed a nollie fs flip the first two attempts on defense and they gave him two more redos after landing both accidental nollie fs flips, which wasn't granted in this game. Ishod had 4 attempts, the loser of this game had only 2, when it should've been at least 3.

What gives Berra.

4:02

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #3441 on: June 16, 2022, 12:48:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

These already have been.

[close]

[close]

[close]

Marc can do whatever he wants tho. Everyone else just looking like jeff won song. Roach af

I agree doubles are usually lame but...

Magnolia

• Rep: 457
  • She/They
« Reply #3442 on: June 16, 2022, 12:49:32 PM »
Amazing game, but in the BATB 5 third place match, Shane O'Neill beat Ishod Wair with a nollie fs double flip, HOWEVER, Ishod landed a nollie fs flip the first two attempts on defense and they gave him two more redos after landing both accidental nollie fs flips, which wasn't granted in this game. Ishod had 4 attempts, the loser of this game had only 2, when it should've been at least 3.

What gives Berra.

4:02
what quality posts do you have under your umbrella son of a bitch

Mandatory Reload

• Rep: 80
« Reply #3443 on: June 16, 2022, 12:58:34 PM »
Paul's consistency is insane, thought he was gonna skunk Cole before they even got into anything crazy. The way he can run through every single basic flip trick variation without fucking up is wild. If he goes first in the game against Jamie, I'm sorry to say I think Jamie has no chance. I think that one will really come down to the roshambo tbh.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 622
« Reply #3444 on: June 16, 2022, 02:14:51 PM »
I know the impossible rule caught some flack for never being enforced and then Berra gave his two cents and now it seems to be a bit more prominent, but what is the fucking purpose of this grandiose rule reading if it's never actually mentioned or brought up in games. Peterson did a fairly solid back 360 albeit slid around at 270, then Holt did it with the 180 fully slid however I figure it got a pass as they both slid, but Griffin's front bigspin was fucking textbook whereas Lil Dre's was a front shove fucking revert.

That's not even what the rule is saying though.
It just means if your opponent pops, you also have to pop and can't just "slide" it. Bad word to describe it but I can't think of a better one either. Maybe shoving would work?

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 985
« Reply #3445 on: June 16, 2022, 02:56:12 PM »
Or what about the time Mike V completely ripped up the rules, and threw out the rules, because he plays by his own rulez

keepthefunkalive

• Rep: 130
« Reply #3446 on: June 16, 2022, 05:36:21 PM »
 I feel like if you're on offense, and you get a redo, if that redo isn't a clean make it should go to the other skater, not another redo. just a thought

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -282
« Reply #3447 on: June 16, 2022, 06:12:18 PM »
Paul looking like a hungry grom out there! Love to see it.

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
« Reply #3448 on: June 16, 2022, 06:12:51 PM »
I’m against all redos.

Doosh215

• Rep: 61
« Reply #3449 on: June 16, 2022, 07:32:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That's not even what the rule is saying though.
It just means if your opponent pops, you also have to pop and can't just "slide" it. Bad word to describe it but I can't think of a better one either. Maybe shoving would work?

Yeah correct, that's not what that rule means. They've explained it multiple times in the past. Basically if the guy goes and does a legit popped backside big spin you can't just do one of those worm burner no pop big spins. You have to actually hit your tail/nose on the ground. If it meant reverting tricks that would wind up being way too subjective and you could argue almost any trick that had any spin in it.