Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 798811 times)

daditude adjustment and 17 Guests are viewing this topic.

OhioGuy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 51
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #7590 on: October 31, 2023, 07:20:38 AM »
600 sounds nice, could be a "light day" shoe for me. Love the white ones. Only issue is it's been 30 degrees here, so I don't need more shoes. Have a feeling I'll only get like ten sessions in from now until March.

I'll be skating the Reynolds and TyShawn Remastered's (my current light day shoe) until Spring 2024 lol 🥲
« Last Edit: October 31, 2023, 07:52:35 AM by OhioGuy »

rikki

• Rep: 302
« Reply #7591 on: October 31, 2023, 07:53:00 AM »
600 sounds nice, could be a "light day" shoe for me. Love the white ones. Only issue is it's been 30 degrees here, so I don't need more shoes. Have a feeling I'll only get like ten sessions in from now until March.

I'll be skating the Reynolds and these TyShawn's (my current light day shoe) until Spring 2024 lol 🥲

As the heel tagline implies, it's a great indoor shoe. No outdoor skating here anymore either until March or so.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7592 on: October 31, 2023, 08:00:18 AM »
Expand Quote

I'll be skating the Reynolds and these TyShawn's (my current light day shoe) until Spring 2024 lol 🥲
[close]

As the heel tagline implies, it's a great indoor shoe. No outdoor skating here anymore either until March or so.
There's no indoor spots near me sadly. I skate when it's dry and at least 40 degrees. Last winter was good, but I think this one will be much worse. The weather in Ohio is all over the place. Last week it was 70, today it's 32 F.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1187
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7593 on: October 31, 2023, 08:24:42 AM »
interview with Village Psychic with some heavy 600 design and wear test talk

http://www.villagepsychic.net/blog/tom-knox-pro-shoe

hardly art, hardly starving

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7594 on: October 31, 2023, 09:17:04 AM »
interview with Village Psychic with some heavy 600 design and wear test talk

http://www.villagepsychic.net/blog/tom-knox-pro-shoe

Great article. It’s funny that even the New Balance historian didn’t know much about the OG 600. They must’ve been pumping out shoes like crazy back then lol. Glad they could take an obscure shoe and give it a new life.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 953
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #7595 on: October 31, 2023, 09:26:24 AM »
Hey was that dude who was like assistant tm for NB. I think. Maybe tour management.

He looks like a vastly better looking Alex Olson mixed with like David Coverdale.

I seen him once. I was like.

In the still of the night I hear the wolf howl honey sniffing around your door....
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7596 on: October 31, 2023, 09:33:59 AM »
It’s also funny that Knox knew nothing about wheelbase or the length of decks before getting on Krooked. That’s amazing. Just shows how silly it for us to obsess over that shit. Just go out there and skate. If you’re good you can skate anything essentially lol

“Then I spoke to Mike Anderson, who has his own shape and everything, and he said “if you like something, just stick with it or you’ll go insane trying to find the perfect shape.””

That applies to shoes too lol. I plan on sticking with mainly 480s and Girl G053s decks for most of 2024.

wax poetic

• Rep: 44
  • fuck it, I'll stir the pot
« Reply #7597 on: October 31, 2023, 10:08:28 AM »
Fuck me, after reading that article I'm going to order some 600's even though I don't want to spend more and don't need more shoes.  I just want to support the guy and his boards are all too big.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1016
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #7598 on: October 31, 2023, 11:08:45 AM »
It’s also funny that Knox knew nothing about wheelbase or the length of decks before getting on Krooked. That’s amazing. Just shows how silly it for us to obsess over that shit. Just go out there and skate. If you’re good you can skate anything essentially lol

“Then I spoke to Mike Anderson, who has his own shape and everything, and he said “if you like something, just stick with it or you’ll go insane trying to find the perfect shape.””

That applies to shoes too lol. I plan on sticking with mainly 480s and Girl G053s decks for most of 2024.

Truck Wheelbase +/-, baseplates hindering slide, wheel width, blah, blah, nothing is perfect - however, I do think people should pay attention to the deck WB, this among all things is what provides the most 'feel' to a setup regardless of parts (of course e60mm wheels or 215s or some obscene gear item will, we're talking 'standard' setups).

I wish I could find the perfect shoe: it would include being a mid, comfy ankle support, sock liner, moderate arch, wide toe box (not clown toe caps), heel lock lace eyelets, hidden lace loops, curved heel counter, breathable mesh on the sides and toe box...speaking of, Adidas has a cool breathable hole with mesh on these cross trainers I've been using...interesting concept (insole is also modified for breathability above this area - all the small circles).
« Last Edit: October 31, 2023, 11:40:14 AM by Xen »

DaSk8D00D

• Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #7599 on: October 31, 2023, 11:50:38 AM »
Whatever tread pattern they’re using for the 480s and 600s is fucking GOAT’d. Shit is so grippy that new shoes squeak loudly when they slide across concrete and it’s super durable

rikki

• Rep: 302
« Reply #7600 on: October 31, 2023, 12:07:26 PM »
Whatever tread pattern they’re using for the 480s and 600s is fucking GOAT’d. Shit is so grippy that new shoes squeak loudly when they slide across concrete and it’s super durable

Amen on the grippiness. Rode a new deck today with the 600s and my feet felt glued to the board.

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #7601 on: October 31, 2023, 12:41:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Slam City did a nice write up on our NM600 Knox launch out there over the weekend along with a little video recap at the bottom of the page.  We brought our skate team and 30-40 shops from all over Europe to do some skating, see some product and celebrate all things Tom Knox,  launch his shoe and see a demo.  Was great to spread some love across the pond with Numeric skate event.
https://blog.slamcity.com/nb-tom-knox-launch-gallery/
[close]

So sick!

I have two questions, any chance we'll get to see Jacob's retrospective video and is the zine a friends and family only type deal?
[close]
I think that retrospective video will be up for the public to consume at some point...yes
I think the Zine was just for the launch party and show and won't be available unless you were there.
[close]

What is the deal with the 600 on the 288 sole??    That colorway looks nice
[close]

It's not the same sole, but definitely similar looking. The 288 bottom is totally different and it isn't stitched on the upper like the 600 either. 288 seems to have a more flat and vulc vibe.

[close]

No look in the article - there’s a photo of what I’m talking about.   When they were originally testing it, they put the upper on a 288 sole

Oh shit my bad. Idk why sometimes images don't load on my phone and last night I didn't see it reading the article. Weird to do that indeed though.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

Sammich

• Rep: 2
« Reply #7602 on: October 31, 2023, 07:52:56 PM »
I agree. I love both models that I've been skating and my feet don't feel wrecked after.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 862
« Reply #7603 on: October 31, 2023, 08:30:20 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Truck Wheelbase +/-, baseplates hindering slide, wheel width, blah, blah, nothing is perfect - however, I do think people should pay attention to the deck WB, this among all things is what provides the most 'feel' to a setup regardless of parts (of course e60mm wheels or 215s or some obscene gear item will, we're talking 'standard' setups).

I wish I could find the perfect shoe: it would include being a mid, comfy ankle support, sock liner, moderate arch, wide toe box (not clown toe caps), heel lock lace eyelets, hidden lace loops, curved heel counter, breathable mesh on the sides and toe box...speaking of, Adidas has a cool breathable hole with mesh on these cross trainers I've been using...interesting concept (insole is also modified for breathability above this area - all the small circles).

Gonz had a pro model with those air vents in the sole in about 2004. They'd prob be more popular if the came out today than they were back then

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7604 on: November 01, 2023, 07:23:15 AM »

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #7605 on: November 01, 2023, 08:17:15 AM »
Nah, not unless a bunch of us get into hacking and airsoft real quick.

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #7606 on: November 01, 2023, 04:18:11 PM »

wasn't considering it but now i am

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #7607 on: November 01, 2023, 10:08:20 PM »

If we do, we can have Counter Strike LAN parties at my mom’s.   She works nights

Enrico Pallazzo

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 218
« Reply #7608 on: November 02, 2023, 09:38:39 AM »
Ordered the 600s and tried them on last night, and they seem like they’re gonna be too tight in my standard size, and probably wouldn’t fit in a half size up.

Will give them one more try today, as they seem like a borderline perfect shoe - just might be one of those ones that doesn’t agree with my foot shape unfortunately. For what it’s worth I’m TTS 10.5 in the 1010 and a 10 in 440 highs.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7609 on: November 02, 2023, 10:26:46 AM »
Ordered the 600s and tried them on last night, and they seem like they’re gonna be too tight in my standard size, and probably wouldn’t fit in a half size up.

Will give them one more try today, as they seem like a borderline perfect shoe - just might be one of those ones that doesn’t agree with my foot shape unfortunately. For what it’s worth I’m TTS 10.5 in the 1010 and a 10 in 440 highs.

I figured this was going to be the case based on the videos I've watched. Against my better judgement, I ordered a 10.5 just to tests sizing (grabbed some nikes as well just in case).

This is why I trust no one that says 'yeah all NB# fit me TTS'.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2023, 10:39:23 AM by Xen »

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7610 on: November 02, 2023, 10:36:24 AM »
The suede 480s come out tomorrow? Missed that somehow. Just got an email from Kinetic.

Both look so nice, but it’s basically winter here and I have four new pairs. Will grab the Yellow/Green ones and will try to stop buying shoes until summer 2024 🙏🏾😭

Wish me luck!

Pastasash

• Rep: 76
« Reply #7611 on: November 02, 2023, 10:52:16 AM »
The suede 480s come out tomorrow? Missed that somehow. Just got an email from Kinetic.

Both look so nice, but it’s basically winter here and I have four new pairs. Will grab the Yellow/Green ones and will try to stop buying shoes until summer 2024 🙏🏾😭

Wish me luck!

Got the same email from Kinetic/Noc didn't know these two were dropping already either. That grey and black pair is sooo nice. But I cannot justify buying another pair of shoes "to skate" have way too many as is right now with the Reynolds still on ice too.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7612 on: November 02, 2023, 11:08:59 AM »
Expand Quote

Wish me luck!
[close]

Got the same email from Kinetic/Noc didn't know these two were dropping already either. That grey and black pair is sooo nice. But I cannot justify buying another pair of shoes "to skate" have way too many as is right now with the Reynolds still on ice too.
Yeah I have the Reynolds, Orange, Blue, and White/Black ones on ice.

Plus the other pair of Reynolds I’m skating still have tons of life in them. So I gotta press pause . . . after I get one more pair 😅

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7613 on: November 02, 2023, 11:22:32 AM »
I’m sure they know what they’re doing, but NB feels like they’re flooding the market a little bit

wax poetic

« Reply #7614 on: November 02, 2023, 11:26:21 AM »
It will be interesting to see if the new 480's sell as fast as the other colors did.  I'm less interested in these two new colors (nor do I need more shoes right now) than I was all of the others.  The 600's seem to still be full runs most places I check too so you may be right on too many in too short a time period.  I hope not though as I love all of what NB is doing right now

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7615 on: November 02, 2023, 11:43:16 AM »
I’m sure they know what they’re doing, but NB feels like they’re flooding the market a little bit

We're stepping to a massive holiday shopping season in right now, that shit starts in October the past few years...xmas is just around the corner...and with The Boss attached to the 480? $$

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7616 on: November 02, 2023, 11:43:46 AM »
I think it seems like a lot, but they aren’t making as many shoes as Nike. So I doubt that there’s thousands of Numeric 480s on store shelves. Even on their site there was only like 6 pairs of certain sizes.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7617 on: November 02, 2023, 11:46:43 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It's a pretty massive holiday shopping season we're in right now...xmas is just around the corner.
Yup. Black Friday gonna clean out a few shops. I’m still recovering from last year’s deals.

*Looks at brand new FA decks that I’ll never skate cause I hate the shape and only bought them in a moment of weakness*

wax poetic

« Reply #7618 on: November 02, 2023, 11:51:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

We're stepping to a massive holiday shopping season in right now, that shit starts in October the past few years...xmas is just around the corner...and with The Boss attached to the 480? $$

Wasn't even thinking about that shit starting up.  Great point

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7619 on: November 02, 2023, 11:54:43 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I just mean give the Knox at least 2 weeks of being the new thing like the Reynolds had.   Still a whole month to go before Black Friday, there’s seemingly time to space things out