Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 798838 times)

Mongo Lloyd, Murray Hewitt and 18 Guests are viewing this topic.

icedancer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -14
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #6720 on: September 16, 2023, 03:43:58 AM »
Alright I know a few of you guys have the Reynolds 480s by now. I’m seriously considering buying a pair so I’m gonna need to see some fit pics with them on to seal the deal

Vintagebody

• Rep: 84
« Reply #6721 on: September 16, 2023, 04:03:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Popped into Val Surf with the intent of getting just the 480’s. The 440’s were both on sale and I had mentioned to one of my buddies yesterday how I wish I got some of the Tom Knox’s. Had to get them when I saw them
[close]

440 and 480 size comparison please!
[close]
I wear a 10.5. I got them both in 10.5

Thanks! How is the width?

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 51
« Reply #6722 on: September 16, 2023, 06:31:22 AM »
Alright I know a few of you guys have the Reynolds 480s by now. I’m seriously considering buying a pair so I’m gonna need to see some fit pics with them on to seal the deal
Mine don't come until Tuesday 😖

Daydream

• Rep: 80

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6724 on: September 16, 2023, 11:59:09 AM »
Discount. DADDIES20

https://www.daddiesboardshop.com/products/new-balance-480-andrew-reynolds-shoes-chocolate-black
Looks like they’re nearly sold out. Also, why is that 20% off always going? 😂

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6725 on: September 16, 2023, 12:02:36 PM »
fourth pair of 440’s in 10 months. first suede pair though. $40 flat with free shipping!!!😤🤯

This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #6726 on: September 16, 2023, 03:25:52 PM »
I’m not quite into any of the 480s until they get to the third from last one, so I have to ask:

Is it the Reynolds name, the colorway, or the combo that is doing it for everyone?

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6727 on: September 16, 2023, 04:09:18 PM »
I’m not quite into any of the 480s until they get to the third from last one, so I have to ask:

Is it the Reynolds name, the colorway, or the combo that is doing it for everyone?
Think it's a mix of all three for some folks. I just like how the shoes look/feel.

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #6728 on: September 16, 2023, 04:30:51 PM »

i'd buy it regardless of pro association, so color. but it's nice to support the guy in the process

lordtrapula

• Rep: 4
« Reply #6729 on: September 16, 2023, 05:18:31 PM »
yeah I would cop regardless of the name connection

they remind a lot of the mochas from nike

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6730 on: September 16, 2023, 06:26:17 PM »
Ok cool, just curious bc I felt left out hah

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #6731 on: September 16, 2023, 07:16:11 PM »
I’m not quite into any of the 480s until they get to the third from last one

The final three colorways plotted for this initial sequence stand out as especially classy to me, but there’s not a bad shoe in the bunch.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6732 on: September 16, 2023, 07:44:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The final three colorways plotted for this initial sequence stand out as especially classy to me, but there’s not a bad shoe in the bunch.

I agree.  I like them all objectively, just not enough to buy.    Reynolds is actually my least favorite bc I’m not a black sole guy and it my favorite brown, but it’s still not bad at all.   

I think one of the NB guys said that a white/gum is a strong possibility for the future.   That might be my entry point

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
« Reply #6733 on: September 16, 2023, 08:01:21 PM »

Exactly how I feel.  The stark white/dark contrast on the sole of the first two bugs me out, and the black sole + light brown laces turn me off of the Reynolds.  Chocolate brown laces and all white sole would look amazing.

Olympus Mons

• Rep: 15
  • VX1000
« Reply #6734 on: September 16, 2023, 08:48:06 PM »
fourth pair of 440’s in 10 months. first suede pair though. $40 flat with free shipping!!!😤🤯

from where??
Is there any money in skateboarding film anymore?
I dunno about money, but the fun is boomin.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6735 on: September 17, 2023, 02:40:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Exactly how I feel.  The stark white/dark contrast on the sole of the first two bugs me out, and the black sole + light brown laces turn me off of the Reynolds.  Chocolate brown laces and all white sole would look amazing.

Yes!   Agreed.   Tiago 1010 wheats and Wheat Dunks would be instantly and numerously purchased with a white sole (white with gum soles is my preference)

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #6736 on: September 17, 2023, 03:20:52 AM »
I personally got the 480s because it’s Reynolds and it’s a cupsole. Could have been any brand and any cupsole with Reynolds name and I would have tried them.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #6737 on: September 17, 2023, 11:15:23 AM »
I personally got the 480s because it’s Reynolds and it’s a cupsole. Could have been any brand and any cupsole with Reynolds name and I would have tried them.

Ditto. Reynolds was the primary draw for me. I was already interested in the 480 on launch but the colorway having a non-leather interior and being classic Reynolds-esque colors from Reynolds on a cupsole sold me.

I have a stack of Reynolds G6 still that I'm slowly working through right now and love them. Hoping these 480s are just as quality, or better!
Super Champion Fun Zone

flintstagram

« Reply #6738 on: September 17, 2023, 12:43:05 PM »

This. Although I will say I find the 480s really comfortable. I really like the 1010s, not totally sold on the 808s (the sole is really hard and I have yet to successfully break them in).

I haven’t skated the 480s yet, currently skating a pair of 1010s, but for walking around I like the 480s more. They work well for my feet. The 1010s have some arch support and a slightly raised heel that hurt my feet after awhile. The 480s are much flatter, and as a result treat my feet a lot better (which I’m sure is my own fault after 30 years of wearing super flat skate shoes).

I wasn’t in love with the color when I first saw them, but I knew I was buying them because they were the first nb with Reynolds’s name on them. With that said, I liked them more seeing them in person, and I’ve become a big fan of the color since seeing them on my feet.

I’ve got a shit ton of shoes currently (like more than 20 pairs NIB), and I’m thinking 480s are going to almost be must purchase shoes every release. Of course, the Reynolds signature shoe whenever it comes out will undoubtedly be in the same category.

Vintagebody

« Reply #6739 on: September 17, 2023, 01:02:22 PM »

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6740 on: September 17, 2023, 02:01:38 PM »
Okay, the 440 Version 2 looks good. Not sure if it's the final look, but damn, I love the bigger logo:

https://youtu.be/Oc8xU-u0_5A?si=ntbIgwVT04iCw7Ly&t=56

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6741 on: September 17, 2023, 02:29:31 PM »
Okay, the 440 Version 2 looks good. Not sure if it's the final look, but damn, I love the bigger logo:

This guy thinks those perforations on the heel panel make it more breathable … how is he the one to get these first??

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6742 on: September 17, 2023, 02:33:18 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This guy thinks those perforations on the heel panel make it more breathable …
I wasn’t paying attention to his review, just popped up on my YouTube and thought I’d share.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6743 on: September 17, 2023, 02:34:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
I wasn’t paying attention to his review, just popped up on my YouTube and thought I’d share.

Hah no you got the big scoop by showing (at least to me) the first images of these.   Not dragging you for what’s said in the video

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6744 on: September 17, 2023, 02:36:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

Hah no you got the big scoop by showing (at least to me) the first images of these.   Not dragging you for what’s said in the video
Yeah I searched and could t find images of them. So it was news to me. Wish I had a plug to get samples from lol

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 648
« Reply #6745 on: September 17, 2023, 02:41:25 PM »

Hmmmm I’m mixed on these. The bigger N is too fat and pronounced compared to the first ones. I normally don’t care too much about the New Balance branding but this one may be too much for me. I don’t think this guy touched on if the midsole changed at all, which would be the biggest selling point to me. It’d be a shame if they kept the midsole that only goes part way up the shoe.

I did just get my Reynolds 480s in the mail tho and I’m very hyped on those. They look and feel even better than I expected them to. I’ll probably wear them around for awhile while I finish skating my current shoes.

flintstagram

« Reply #6746 on: September 17, 2023, 03:18:02 PM »

How is the width compared to 1010s?

The 480s to me fit slightly wider than the 1010s straight out of the box. It’s like a more comfortable dunk made for a slightly wider foot. It is superior to a dunk so I hate to use that comparison, but it’s the easiest close comparison that most people seem to be familiar with.

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #6747 on: September 17, 2023, 03:23:39 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The 480s to me fit slightly wider than the 1010s straight out of the box. It’s like a more comfortable dunk made for a slightly wider foot. It is superior to a dunk so I hate to use that comparison, but it’s the easiest close comparison that most people seem to be familiar with.

!!!  Music to my ears.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #6748 on: September 17, 2023, 03:35:34 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It's a stiffer Dunk with a tighter fitting toebox due to being shallower top to bottom and having more of curved shape on the toe cap. If you like the Dunk and don't have potato feet you'll like these. My friend has skated Dunks for a decade straight and found them to fit better, but ultimately did not stick with them.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6749 on: September 17, 2023, 04:12:58 PM »
If anyone’s looking for Tiago 1010 Poets size 11 I’ve got a brand new pair I’ll let go for $65 shipped.   

Always wanted to give them a try and bought them off that eBay store and chanced it even though I’m more of a 10.5 bc of the price (40 + tax+ shipping) but it looked too wide for my preference.