Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 800820 times)

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #7620 on: November 02, 2023, 12:04:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I’m sure they know what they’re doing, but NB feels like they’re flooding the market a little bit
[close]

It's a pretty massive holiday shopping season we're in right now...xmas is just around the corner.
[close]
Yup. Black Friday gonna clean out a few shops. I’m still recovering from last year’s deals.

*Looks at brand new FA decks that I’ll never skate cause I hate the shape and only bought them in a moment of weakness*

@OhioGuy what shape and size FA?
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

DaSk8D00D

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #7621 on: November 02, 2023, 12:19:42 PM »
The suede 480s come out tomorrow? Missed that somehow. Just got an email from Kinetic.

Both look so nice, but it’s basically winter here and I have four new pairs. Will grab the Yellow/Green ones and will try to stop buying shoes until summer 2024 🙏🏾😭

Wish me luck!

I absolutely do NOT need to buy anymore shoes, but I already told myself months ago I was copping 2 pairs of the Black/grey

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1021
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #7622 on: November 02, 2023, 12:36:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I’m sure they know what they’re doing, but NB feels like they’re flooding the market a little bit
[close]

We're stepping to a massive holiday shopping season in right now, that shit starts in October the past few years...xmas is just around the corner...and with The Boss attached to the 480? $$
[close]

I just mean give the Knox at least 2 weeks of being the new thing like the Reynolds had.   Still a whole month to go before Black Friday, there’s seemingly time to space things out

September 15 the reynolds colorway dropped, followed by the rest.

Knox Dropped this month, my guess some other colorways gonna drop soon - hell the knox is all but sold out already; these are the two, very different shoes for their holiday revenue.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2023, 12:48:16 PM by Xen »

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #7623 on: November 02, 2023, 12:37:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

We're stepping to a massive holiday shopping season in right now, that shit starts in October the past few years...xmas is just around the corner...and with The Boss attached to the 480? $$
[close]

I just mean give the Knox at least 2 weeks of being the new thing like the Reynolds had.   Still a whole month to go before Black Friday, there’s seemingly time to space things out
yeah it does feel a little crowded in here

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 655
« Reply #7624 on: November 02, 2023, 12:47:03 PM »
I’m not complaining about the frequent drops. I’m hoping this will mean that there will be 600s and 480s on sale for Black Friday  ;D

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7625 on: November 02, 2023, 12:49:14 PM »
I’m not complaining about the frequent drops. I’m hoping this will mean that there will be 600s and 480s on sale for Black Friday  ;D

Dunno man, unless they have some on the way already, we might have seen all the knox drops prior to BF.

I dare say that the 600s flew faster than the 480s (non reynolds)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2023, 12:56:53 PM by Xen »

Vintagebody

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 84
« Reply #7626 on: November 02, 2023, 01:28:34 PM »
How is the sizing between 440 and 600?
I found the hightops 440s to be slightly bigger than low 440.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7627 on: November 02, 2023, 01:37:42 PM »

My guess?

All over the fucking place.

Come on now, we KNOW there are NB people in hear, buck the fuck up and talk sizing issues with people that want to skate your shoes but run into fit issues; looks bad when all you do is ignore the facts.

The 600s are my last attempt at skating NB#

wax poetic

• Rep: 44
  • fuck it, I'll stir the pot
« Reply #7628 on: November 02, 2023, 01:52:44 PM »
Wait, what company has all of their shoes running TTS?  I've never found one company that has.  Always been between 8-9 for me with TTS being 8.5 (most of the time).  With the exceptions of some cons which had me down to 7.5.  NB for me has been at worst as good as every other company, at best the most standard with me being an 8.5 in most of their shoes that I've tried, minus the 808 which was 9.

juniormint

• Rep: 142
« Reply #7629 on: November 02, 2023, 02:12:00 PM »

Picked up a pair of the white 600s yesterday. Gotta say they fit TTS for me at size 13. They are less snug on my larger left foot than 440 lows which seem to be a bit tighter on my foot - I agree with the high tops being a bit roomier too. The 600s are very nice, and I expect they will skate really well, feel broken in straight away and not to tight. In terms of support they definitely feel more towards a 1010 than say the 508 which you’d expect.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 51
« Reply #7630 on: November 02, 2023, 02:21:49 PM »
Sizing is weird. I measured my 808s and 480s, both 14s, and they’re the same length. But the 808s feel tight.

I think it’s more about the material, toe box, and the mold they use for certain shoes. So I can see how it’d be hard to have consistent sizing.

Luckily the 808s are the only ones that made me go, “What the fuck?”

I honestly don’t think there’s a solution outside of having one model.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7631 on: November 02, 2023, 06:39:52 PM »
Wait, what company has all of their shoes running TTS? 

For me, Nike 10s. SB. Runners. Cross Trainers. Lifters.

The issue NB# has is with the square toe line...true size is always too tight and the .5 size up is always too big (I am not the only one that experiences this). It's like they are a 1/4 size off.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7632 on: November 02, 2023, 06:47:12 PM »
There’s no shops within an hour of me, so ordering shoes online can be stressful. I get not wanting to order multiple silhouettes to see which ones fit. That’s why I hoard gear when it works for me. Also I think having a shoe slightly too big is better than the opposite.

Y’all that can go half sizes are lucky. For me it was 13 or nothing. Now it’s 14 or nothing. So it could be MUCH worse. I couldn’t buy another pair of 808s even if I wanted to 😭

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7633 on: November 02, 2023, 06:52:06 PM »
There’s no shops within an hour of me, so ordering shoes online can be stressful. I get not wanting to ordering multiple silhouettes to see which ones fit. That’s why I hoard gear when it works for me. Also I think having a shoe slightly too big is better than the opposite.

Y’all that can go half sizes are lucky. For me it was 13 or nothing. Now it’s 14 or nothing. So it could be MUCH worse. I couldn’t buy another pair of 808s even if I wanted to

Yes, always buy the bigger shoe unless there is too much heel slip (which is usually the case with NB).

Ill fitting small shoes are terribly bad for you..

I'm bitching but I'm sure those NB are going back and I'm skating the Leos.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #7634 on: November 02, 2023, 09:12:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Wait, what company has all of their shoes running TTS? 
[close]

For me, Nike 10s. SB. Runners. Cross Trainers. Lifters.

The issue NB# has is with the square toe line...true size is always too tight and the .5 size up is always too big (I am not the only one that experiences this). It's like they are a 1/4 size off.

What foot shape are you? I have pretty flat toe line and a Greek shape and NB are the best fitting and always TTS for me even non skate shoes. Cons and Adidas are by far the absolute worst for me I went a full size down in some Purcells I had and then a half size up when I tried on the Alexis. And also their shoes couldn't fit me worse

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 625
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #7635 on: November 03, 2023, 02:18:09 AM »
Sometime in the last 6 months my left arch kinda collapsed. All shoes fit too tight on my left foot, since it got flatter and wider. Now I am wearing orthopedic insoles from a podiatrist, but I need new ones soon. Maybe it will be better in a few weeks if I wear these things all the time now. Still recovering from a small hip surgery and don't know when I can skate again.

As for the sizing, I am always a 7.5 US in Adidas, Vans, Lakai, Etnies, Emerica and even NB#. But all of these companies have shoes, that don't match my foot type that well. I tried to wear a half size bigger, but it is kinda too much space at the toes and feels a bit weird.

Spent a lot of time in skateshops and sneaker stores the last few weeks and very rarely they have my size or a shoe that fits my foot shape, so ordering online is the only option, although I would like to support a physical store. I am just wanting to find the ONE shoe and then order that from skateshops, that I like, all across Europe.

From NB# the 306 in a 7.5 US fit the best so far, but I would like a cupsole shoe. Some 508s and 1010s are on the way and I will see how these fit. I really like the new 600s but the mid foot section looks very snug and I am not sure these will fit my foot type. Maybe I will try them at one point in the future. The 480 in a 7.5 US was way too long for example.
IG: @flowterspace

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 866
« Reply #7636 on: November 03, 2023, 02:27:41 AM »
^ isn't it kinda bad to wear orthotics with shoes with cushy, non flat midsoles?

It's your feet and I'm sure you've done enough research but I wouldn't worry too much about the cup vs vulc thing these days. Apart from something like a Tiago I feel like it's just how the shoe got cooked and doesn't really mean much else.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 625
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #7637 on: November 03, 2023, 02:50:31 AM »
^ isn't it kinda bad to wear orthotics with shoes with cushy, non flat midsoles?

It's your feet and I'm sure you've done enough research but I wouldn't worry too much about the cup vs vulc thing these days. Apart from something like a Tiago I feel like it's just how the shoe got cooked and doesn't really mean much else.

From what I understood from the podiatrist, it depends on the shoe. Some shoes have more narrow sidewalls and that in combination with the right insole can give your foot a snug and comfortable hold inside the shoe. I tried these insoles in all the shoes I own and so far, they fit the best in some Reebok Club C'. They also fit in some Joslin's or Half Cabs for example but in the Reebok's it feels like the best fit. But I am also not a expert and just go with what feels best for me. And looking back now, I am kinda certain, that it wasn't the best decision to wear Lakai Vulcs for like 10 years non stop. I was so used to them, that all other shoes felt weird at first, although something like a Joslin kinda makes more sense for longer skate sessions. If you have flat feet and don't do something against that, your feet will only get flatter over time and cause back, hip and knee pain, which I now have. On the other hand, I think all knees will hurt a bit after 20 years of skating.

Then there are barefoot shoes, maybe they will be good for like walking and low impact activities but I am not sure that can be good for skating or playing basketball. It makes sense to me, that your feet maybe can get stronger over time if you wear barefoot shoes but maybe you will develop pain in other areas of your body since your feet absorb all forms of impact.

If anything I wrote is wrong or someone has a different opinion, I am open to hear them. Learning new things is always rad. Thanks for coming to my Ted talk again pals and much love from rainy Berlin.
IG: @flowterspace

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 866
« Reply #7638 on: November 03, 2023, 03:17:51 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

From what I understood from the podiatrist, it depends on the shoe. Some shoes have more narrow sidewalls and that in combination with the right insole can give your foot a snug and comfortable hold inside the shoe. I tried these insoles in all the shoes I own and so far, they fit the best in some Reebok Club C'. They also fit in some Joslin's or Half Cabs for example but in the Reebok's it feels like the best fit. But I am also not a expert and just go with what feels best for me. And looking back now, I am kinda certain, that it wasn't the best decision to wear Lakai Vulcs for like 10 years non stop. I was so used to them, that all other shoes felt weird at first, although something like a Joslin kinda makes more sense for longer skate sessions. If you have flat feet and don't do something against that, your feet will only get flatter over time and cause back, hip and knee pain, which I now have. On the other hand, I think all knees will hurt a bit after 20 years of skating.

Then there are barefoot shoes, maybe they will be good for like walking and low impact activities but I am not sure that can be good for skating or playing basketball. It makes sense to me, that your feet maybe can get stronger over time if you wear barefoot shoes but maybe you will develop pain in other areas of your body since your feet absorb all forms of impact.

If anything I wrote is wrong or someone has a different opinion, I am open to hear them. Learning new things is always rad. Thanks for coming to my Ted talk again pals and much love from rainy Berlin.
I've had a some foot problems too (as well everything else from toe to neck) caused by too many different things to pin down anything specific. I'm certainly no expert either I just kinda try figure shit out along the way. The main reason I've thought orthotics with some shoes might be bad is because they make the orthotics with your foot in a neutral position but then putting them into a shoe with a taller heel than forefoot kinda changes how your foot sits.

I think a really big problem with any kind of barefoot shoe is the wearer has to be so conscious of all their movements at all times. You really have to reteach yourself how to do everything differently.

Then of course riding a skateboard is one of the least natural things we can do anyway so who knows what's right while skating.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7639 on: November 03, 2023, 03:25:24 AM »
Kinetic doesn’t have a ton of the suede 480s. Don’t think they got my size at all. So this doesn’t seem like a huge run. They may be more limited than the other pairs (besides the CND ones).

Hopefully NB# posts them on their site Monday 😀

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7640 on: November 03, 2023, 03:34:02 AM »
Double posting cause this is kinda big. Tactics has a sale where you get 10% off if you spend $100, 20% if you spend $200. It works with the 480s. Just grab a $1.50 sticker to meet the $100 requirement.

$91 with free shipping (depending on your local taxes). Not bad deal. Could get two pairs for $160ish 😉

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #7641 on: November 03, 2023, 08:12:08 AM »

Got my Knox 600s last night. I’m glad I went .5 size up because the toe is kinda narrow.
Had to put some cream laces in them to match the leather a little better. Still working through my 279s but hyped to try these next!

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #7642 on: November 03, 2023, 09:46:50 AM »

Got my Knox 600s last night. I’m glad I went .5 size up because the toe is kinda narrow.
Had to put some cream laces in them to match the leather a little better. Still working through my 279s but hyped to try these next!

The cream LRAB laces also work well in the Reynolds 480. Looking good!

Enrico Pallazzo

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 218
« Reply #7643 on: November 03, 2023, 09:53:44 AM »
Sending back my 600s today, just gonna be one of those pairs of shoes that I look at angrily every time I see them because they didn’t work for me.

Currently coping by telling myself that I would’ve ripped through that little FantomFit window that’s right in the ollie area.

rothdigga

• Rep: 588
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7644 on: November 03, 2023, 10:25:49 AM »
For those looking for the suede pack 480's, here's a quick hitter list of shops for you to look at for them.  Otherwise, NB.com will have them up on Monday but I always try to push to buy from shops first if you can.  Some of these guys might be waiting for their stock to arrive as these were a bit of a last minute push with all of us at a sales meeting last week and the reps hustling on order entry.
303 CIFX LLC
35TH AVE
510 SKATEBOARDING
561 SKATEBOARDING
CARDINAL SKATE SHOP
ABSTRACT SKATEBOARDING
APB SKATESHOP
BLACK SHEEP NC
BLUETILE SKATEBOARDS
ICON APPAREL
BRUSH ALLEY SKATESHOP
CAL SURF
CENTRAL BOARD SHOP
CENTRAL SKATESHOP
CLANDESTINE CLOTHING
CONTENDERS INC
CROWN APPAREL
DAMAGE
DELI SKATE SUPPLY
EASTERN BOARDER
TACTICS
EMAGE COLORADO
EMBASSY BOARDSHOP
ESCAPIST
EXODUS BOARD SHOP
LONG BEACH SKATE CO
FURNACE
INFINITY SKATE SHOP
INITIATE SKATEBOARDING
JERIC'S OF PLAINFIELD
RELIEF SKATE SUPPLY
KINETIC SKATEBOARDING INC
LIBRE SKATEBOARDING/NOCTURNAL
MAGNOLIA SKATE SHOP
MINUS SKATE SHOP
MOCEAN
NJ SKATESHOP
NO-COMPLY
NON FACTORY
HOME SKATESHOP
OLD SKULL SKATEBOARDS
OUTLIER SKATEBOARD SUPPLY
OVERCAST SKATE SHOP
PACIFIC WAVE SURFSHOP
PRIDE SURF SHOP
PHARMACY BOARDSHOP LAS VEGAS
PLA SKATEBOARDING
PLUS OF NWFL
PREMIER SKATEBOARDING
PUSH SKATESHOP
RADIO SKATESHOP
RUKUS BOARD SHOP
SATELLITE BOARDSHOP
SEQUENCE
OVERLOAD SD
SKATE SUPPLY
SKATE WAREHOUSE
SKATEBOARD MARKET
SKATEPARK OF TAMPA
SLAPPY'S GARAGE
PHARMACY RANCHO
SUBSECT SKATESHOP
ATLAS BOARDSHOP
THEORY SKATE SHOP
UNDERGROUND SKATE SHOP
UPRISE SKATEBOARDS
VENUE SKATEBOARDS
NEW YAK CITY
COUREUR GOODS

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 250
« Reply #7645 on: November 03, 2023, 10:28:52 AM »
It’s still shocks me that more brands don’t take @rothdigga snd @mini greek ’s lead.  EmericaTM is def around, too, don’t want to forget about him, but it doesn’t quite feel the same

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 358
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7646 on: November 03, 2023, 10:53:02 AM »
It’s still shocks me that more brands don’t take @rothdigga snd @mini greek ’s lead.  EmericaTM is def around, too, don’t want to forget about him, but it doesn’t quite feel the same
100%, Roth and mini are "one of us" where it feels like SoleTech views us as "them," if that makes any sense

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7647 on: November 03, 2023, 10:59:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
100%, Roth and mini are "one of us" where it feels like SoleTech views us as "them," if that makes any sense
Makes sense. But it’s not just them, the posters in this thread are also extremely helpful. I’m more likely to buy a NB# than another brand cause I can come here to see how everyone’s liking a particular shoe. This thread is a great resource.

wax poetic

• Rep: 44
  • fuck it, I'll stir the pot
« Reply #7648 on: November 03, 2023, 11:07:02 AM »
@rothdigga is the people's champ!

YMCMB

• Rep: 49
« Reply #7649 on: November 03, 2023, 11:56:17 AM »
For those looking for the suede pack 480's, here's a quick hitter list of shops for you to look at for them.  Otherwise, NB.com will have them up on Monday but I always try to push to buy from shops first if you can.  Some of these guys might be waiting for their stock to arrive as these were a bit of a last minute push with all of us at a sales meeting last week and the reps hustling on order entry.
303 CIFX LLC
35TH AVE
510 SKATEBOARDING
561 SKATEBOARDING
CARDINAL SKATE SHOP
ABSTRACT SKATEBOARDING
APB SKATESHOP
BLACK SHEEP NC
BLUETILE SKATEBOARDS
ICON APPAREL
BRUSH ALLEY SKATESHOP
CAL SURF
CENTRAL BOARD SHOP
CENTRAL SKATESHOP
CLANDESTINE CLOTHING
CONTENDERS INC
CROWN APPAREL
DAMAGE
DELI SKATE SUPPLY
EASTERN BOARDER
TACTICS
EMAGE COLORADO
EMBASSY BOARDSHOP
ESCAPIST
EXODUS BOARD SHOP
LONG BEACH SKATE CO
FURNACE
INFINITY SKATE SHOP
INITIATE SKATEBOARDING
JERIC'S OF PLAINFIELD
RELIEF SKATE SUPPLY
KINETIC SKATEBOARDING INC
LIBRE SKATEBOARDING/NOCTURNAL
MAGNOLIA SKATE SHOP
MINUS SKATE SHOP
MOCEAN
NJ SKATESHOP
NO-COMPLY
NON FACTORY
HOME SKATESHOP
OLD SKULL SKATEBOARDS
OUTLIER SKATEBOARD SUPPLY
OVERCAST SKATE SHOP
PACIFIC WAVE SURFSHOP
PRIDE SURF SHOP
PHARMACY BOARDSHOP LAS VEGAS
PLA SKATEBOARDING
PLUS OF NWFL
PREMIER SKATEBOARDING
PUSH SKATESHOP
RADIO SKATESHOP
RUKUS BOARD SHOP
SATELLITE BOARDSHOP
SEQUENCE
OVERLOAD SD
SKATE SUPPLY
SKATE WAREHOUSE
SKATEBOARD MARKET
SKATEPARK OF TAMPA
SLAPPY'S GARAGE
PHARMACY RANCHO
SUBSECT SKATESHOP
ATLAS BOARDSHOP
THEORY SKATE SHOP
UNDERGROUND SKATE SHOP
UPRISE SKATEBOARDS
VENUE SKATEBOARDS
NEW YAK CITY
COUREUR GOODS
Not sure if I'm missing something or not, but no Canadian shops listed?